3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

knm 04-16-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briael (Post 5153976)
So you're a snacker, right? How about planning for it instead of trying to bend IP to fit your lifestyle?

Instead of putting that Snack packet in, how about using a bar (your restricted) as your cravings food. Cut it into half inch chunks and put it in a ziplock baggie. As you get a craving take one and a glass of water. You cannot have a second piece until you finish the glass of water. This will slow down the need to have another one immediately and may help with making you feel fuller so you are less likely to graze.

As you find yourself becoming accustomed to longer gaps between the "treat" size snack, make the treat size larger and have fewer of them, until you can eat the whole bar or half bar happily once you are established in ketosis.

This is a program that you have to make work for your particular eating habits. One size doesn't fit all, but that doesn't mean you can't be smart about how you do it. :)

What a fantastic idea! I will definitely try this. I always save my snack as late in the day as possible. Usually between after work and dinner, but then after dinner sometimes I just want a little treat, so to leave a small bite behind for an on plan desert is a great idea! And it'll help me get in some extra water too. Thanks for sharing!

Grateful4Health 04-16-2015 12:18 PM

KNM, I did something very similar to what Briael describes through most of my year long P1, and it worked great for me.

I just pretty much did whatever I needed to stay OP and use the allotted foods. I just figured better to find a way to keep going and stay compliant than go off program. Better for my pancreas, organs, and mental state.

Good luck!

Missduff 05-02-2015 09:28 PM

Thank you I needed to read this!

dvctmc2014 05-04-2015 06:52 PM

What my previous coach had told me was that if you cheat, it will take your body 4 days to put yourself back into ketosis. When I did have my cheat meal, I weighed in and lost the most I'd ever lost in a week. 6 lbs. I can totally see how you would be likely to cheat again in the near future. It wasn't long after that I quit the diet altogether. Today is my day one. I have my husband doing it with me so I'm more excited to stay with it.

MJO28 01-28-2016 01:15 AM

My favorite slight cheats on the Ideal Protein diet, in the first week, that don't seem to boot me out of the ketosis box at all:
Wendys-
Get the Baconator, with no sauce, no cheese, and 2 orders of extra bacon. Toss the buns of course. Seems to fulfill the 8 oz meal protein requirement very nicely. $8 approx.
Jack in the Box:
Get the Jumbo Platter (breakfast, avail all day), and throw out the potato and stack of mini pancakes. Order it with both sausage and bacon, with 2 orders of extra bacon. The eggs in this are very tasty. Seems to fulfill the Snack requirement or maybe the 8 oz protein meal. $6 approx.
I am not a doctor... LOL.
- Watch out for the choc balls/ puffs, I ate the whole box of 7 before starting the diet.... Also the Double choc brownies are very, very tasty. I will have to lock these up.
- I don't recommend the Choc/Peanut butter bars- they taste like a cross between Monsanto livestock feed and Dick Cheney's immortal soul.
Also, as a caffeine addict, I am afraid I can't give up diet Pepsi very easily. So I am titrating it with 50% water and ice cubes, and I will stop next week, I promise....
Zevia Cola seems like it will save me, it has NO phosphoric acid, that hurts my joints (osteoarthritis), and only stevia. So it is very benign I think.
Both diet Pepsi and Zevia cola haven't hurt the diet yet... They DID say to drink lots of "water", right ?????
(Orig 414 lb, now 398 after 1.0 week... Goal: 250? )

Manmeet 11-07-2016 04:16 AM

I'm trying so hard to not cheat, but I still ate 2 little prices of a dark chocolate dove bar and it's only my first week! I just couldn't control myself! I really feel guilty! I don't think I'll ever be able to stop eating chocolate! :( I don't know what to do,help!?

Ro22 11-07-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manmeet (Post 5285870)
I'm trying so hard to not cheat, but I still ate 2 little prices of a dark chocolate dove bar and it's only my first week! I just couldn't control myself! I really feel guilty! I don't think I'll ever be able to stop eating chocolate! :( I don't know what to do,help!?

Hi,

If it is due to needing a chocolate fix, there are plenty of good ways with the IP foods to satisfy that.

The dark chocolate pudding cup is one.
And, I posted a recipe for chocolate cake that I ate every day (it is its own thread so if you search for me for threads I started, you will find it easily. Because it was recent you may even find it on the 2nd page of the overall threads without even having to search.) I made it with chocolate drink mix.

If it is cheating overall you are worried about, I think you'll find that as you get success, you'll want more of it which will trigger more compliance.

SE72 11-08-2016 09:10 AM

If I have to cheat, I cheat with something fatty. It will slow me down, but I won't go out of ketosis. Granted, if I didn't have my scattered weekends involving chicken wings or bacon, I might be done by now, but it kept me sane. We're all human. Just know how to do it without slowing down too much.

Cynthia 11-19-2016 10:15 AM

Two week vacation - don't want to cheat

Staying on track without any cheating since I began the IP program has been challenging. However, I have managed to stick with it. Headed on a two week vacation to Belize next Monday, November 28. Just hoping I have the will power to stay on track. Have checked in to the veggies and apparently not a big part of Belizian diet. Only two days. In a place with 3 meals a day and have request a gluten free diet and lots of green low carb veggies. They said they would do their best. Of course I will bring a big supply of IP foods.
My goal is to be on maintenance by the end of January when I go to Hawaii to celebrate a friend'S 60 bday. May not be realistic. If I have lost 2.5 lbs at today's weigh in, I have 11 more lbs to go. And I have to get through Christmas.
Help! Any advice?

canadjineh 11-22-2016 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynthia (Post 5287320)
Staying on track without any cheating since I began the IP program has been challenging. However, I have managed to stick with it. Headed on a two week vacation to Belize next Monday, November 28. Just hoping I have the will power to stay on track. Have checked in to the veggies and apparently not a big part of Belizian diet. Only two days. In a place with 3 meals a day and have request a gluten free diet and lots of green low carb veggies. They said they would do their best. Of course I will bring a big supply of IP foods.
My goal is to be on maintenance by the end of January when I go to Hawaii to celebrate a friend'S 60 bday. May not be realistic. If I have lost 2.5 lbs at today's weigh in, I have 11 more lbs to go. And I have to get through Christmas.
Help! Any advice?

Hi Cynthia: here's a link to 'IP Going on Vacation" lots of helpful threads to read through. I am headed for 3 wks to Jamaica on Dec 1st. So we will be working our food plan at the same time! Be strong! ;)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-vacation.html

Liana

itsmesusan 10-04-2017 03:40 PM

an egg every day is hungry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newday2013 (Post 4683253)
My idea of cheating is eating a 4th package...haven't figured out how to seperate them, or how to stay full between 1pm (lunch) and 5:30pm (dinner). At 3:30, I'm driving home, then it's unpack backpacks, take dog out, debrief with DH, organize evening (gymnastics, scouts, homework) with kids and then get dinner ready. By this time, I've drank 4 glasses of water on the go, and now I'm so hungry, I'm shaking. I've tried: eating a bar on the drive home, taking 5 minutes and eating veggies as I'm coming in the house. But if I stop, then my mind starts "why don't we just order pizza??" Yeah. So, I wait for dinner (which I enhale and can't fill up on) and then sit down with a bar or pudding...On weekends I'm ok, 3pcks, no hunger, all good. How bad is this?

my coach says I can have an egg every day is hungry. Works well for me; I keep hard boiled eggs in my fridge.

[email protected] 10-24-2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE72 (Post 5286054)
If I have to cheat, I cheat with something fatty. It will slow me down, but I won't go out of ketosis. Granted, if I didn't have my scattered weekends involving chicken wings or bacon, I might be done by now, but it kept me sane. We're all human. Just know how to do it without slowing down too much.

I’ve been doing this too, but i think I’ve been doing this too much and it is slowing me down. I need to think of other options for me because i feel now that i’m Getting use to it, which is not good.

canadjineh 11-06-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 5336431)
I’ve been doing this too, but i think I’ve been doing this too much and it is slowing me down. I need to think of other options for me because i feel now that i’m Getting use to it, which is not good.

Welcome rose: Good you recognize it, and it's definitely time to get the cheats under control. Just go for one moment at a time. Take a pass on this moment by reminding yourself that you can always choose to eat the 'fatty cheat X' another time. Then when that time comes up, make the same decision again. Soon you will be back on track with less distress than thinking you are cutting it off cold turkey, as it were.

Liana