Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Goodbye Phase 1! Hello Phase 2!

Since there are some of us moving on to phase 2, I started this thread to share our experiences as we journey through this new phase. I would also like to read from those who are on phases 3 and 4 or have been on phase 2 for a while.
Coqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Since there are some of us moving on to phase 2, I started this thread to share our experiences as we journey through this new phase. I would also like to read from those who are on phases 3 and 4 or have been on phase 2 for a while.
You could use the Life after Phase 1 thread; consolidate the information; and make it easier for people to find it?
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #3  

Linden the thread is 30 pages so I got tired of reading, plus I can't be on a computer for long periods because of shoulder pain. I have read up to page 8 and most of what I have found is about phase 4. I don't know how to consolidate Phase 2 info from that thread. Do you know? It would be nice if that could be done.

Last edited by Coqui; 01-06-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #4  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Linden the thread is 30 pages so I got tired of reading, plus I can't be on a computer for long periods because of shoulder pain. I have read up to page 8 and most of what I have found is about phase 4. I don't know how to consolidate Phase 2 info from that thread. Do you know? It would be nice if that could be done.
After being reminded that the Life After thread is getting full, and what you say above, I think you're right. Sorry about the shoulder pain.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #5  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I agree Coqui. When I phased off before Christmas, I tried to use the Life after thread but everyone else was on phase 4 and I couldn't find the support I was looking for...even when I asked. I think this thread is a good idea.
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #6  

Congrats on phase II! And if the other thread is full... maybe it is a good idea to start a thread for each phase. I'm not there yet, but it will be nice when i do!
100ButterflyKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #7  

Default Phase 2- Day 1

I officially started Phase 2 today. I always ate my regular meal for lunch, then an IP soup, veggies and and salad for dinner. Today I had a lunch as usual and then dinner just like lunch. I'm not complainting, because it was so good, but I feel I have eaten too much, sort of like I have cheated. I am so full. The good part is that I'm not having the after 6:00 pm cravings for IP unfriendly no good for me foods. Perhaps my body was signaling that it was time to move on. It's just the first day, so we'll see what happens this first week. I'm hopping to drop the last 2 pounds and 5 more in the next 2 weeks,otherwise I plan to stay on this pahse until I do in case I gain 2-5 pounds during Phase 3, which is likely to happen. I'm setting the bar at 140 as this is the highest I should be for my age and height.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/134/135

Height: 5'5"

I know how you feel, Coqui. I'm on my second day of Phase 2 and am feeling pretty stuffed tonight, although I did eat later than normal too. I'm struggling with feeling like I'm doing something wrong or cheated, but I've done nothing more than remove a packet at dinner and replace it with my own protein. I'm trying to just shut it out and trust the system. I think that's why they want us on the phase for a minimum of two weeks - so we can come to terms with the difference in how our bodies and minds react to the changes.

Do you suppose this is a normal reaction to entering Phase 2? I've been on Phase 1 for so long I really didn't have to think about choices all that much.
Letterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #9  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I'll be going to phase 2 next week. I almost always eat my meat for supper. What do people eat for lunch, especially if they take their lunch to work? Would it be OK to eat Buddig turkey or ham?

I'm finding it tiresome to cook meat in the evenings as it is. I was so used to my husband grilling for me every night until the weather got cold. I've been using the crockpot a lot, just throwing some frozen chicken breasts or a pork roast in, but after being on low all day, it's kind of "shreddy." Not that that's bad, but I'm getting kind of tired of it.

P.S. I think this thread is a great idea.

Last edited by amylew; 01-08-2011 at 07:51 AM.
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #10  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I'll be going to phase 2 next week. I almost always eat my meat for supper. What do people eat for lunch, especially if they take their lunch to work? Would it be OK to eat Buddig turkey or ham?

I'm finding it tiresome to cook meat in the evenings as it is. I was so used to my husband grilling for me every night until the weather got cold. I've been using the crockpot a lot, just throwing some frozen chicken breasts or a pork roast in, but after being on low all day, it's kind of "shreddy." Not that that's bad, but I'm getting kind of tired of it.

P.S. I think this thread is a great idea.
Don't stop grilling....just because the weather has changed. In Alberta, some of us tend to grill year round. Or get a George Foreman grill for inside. We use that a lot too, esp the larger one with interchangeable (dishwasher safe) plates.
For lunches I usually take leftovers from the night before. Chicken, roast beef whatever. I also have several cans of salmon and tuna at work so I am never without good protein at lunch.
I must admit I have a hard time with salads in the winter tho. I tend not to eat them and rely on getting enough of 'other' veggies to see me through. Some days are great....others I am a bit low on the veggies. Mushrooms, cauliflower and purple topped turnips seem to be mainstays.
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #11  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Haha! If only I could get my husband to grill for me in this weather!

Yes, I really should get a George Foreman grill. That's a great idea! Thanks!
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Congrat all for beginning phase 2!!! Glad this thread has been started. I am not entering this phase yet, but want to prepare myself for when I do.

I have also been reading the Life after Phase 1 and agree it is geared more towards phase's 3 and 4.
jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 201/134/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I do leftovers as well, but I work from home right now so it's easy to reheat. I also just got some Jennie-O turkey breast that I can cube for salads. I wanted ham or canadian bacon, but can't find any without sugar added so I may just wait until after I phase off to add ham back in. I'll be working in the real world soon, so I'm trying to think ahead of what choices I can have.
Letterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #14  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Haha! If only I could get my husband to grill for me in this weather!

Yes, I really should get a George Foreman grill. That's a great idea! Thanks!
OMG! I read the post; looked at the picture; and said Who's that? to myself. Golly Neds. You were so pretty before. When did you get gorgeous?
Old 01-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

I am reading a book called the Metabolism Miracle that sounds a lot like IP but with regular food and does address moving to (their) stage two to re-introduce carbs to the pancreas. This book spells out what you can eat for those that are confounded with food choices in the different levels.

Hope this helps.
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote