Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
I have a non-scale non-victory to share. I looked in the mirror last night and to my horror my neck was all wrinkley. I know I should be happy because that means I have lost some in my double chin area but wahhhh, I dont' want a wrinkley neck. I am afraid loosing weight is just going to continue to make me look older. Vanity is such a sin
Hi Peanuts Mom.
This is a topic I have faced too. My neck is definitely more wrinkled, but on the other hand maybe those chins were hiding it before.

I had to make my peace with the idea of being wrinkly and thin. My brother-in-law lost a lot of weight recently, and although I noticed more lines in his face (he is in his fifties), he still looked younger. His cheekbones were more defined, and he had lost his "gut".

So what will make you seem younger even if you have a few more wrinkles? For me it is that I am moving better and faster- younger if you will. One of the hallmarks of age is stiffness, slowness of movement. Another thing is that the body has more definition, a noticeable waist for instance - no more blobbiness. Thirdly, more energy and more sparkle in the eye.

These are all worth more than having my fat-filled cells that didn't look so wrinkled. That plus the increased confidence and self-esteem from achieving something so significant, are how I have made peace with starting to look older.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #62  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Fat Chick View Post
Here goes nothing!!! First time I have posted so I don't know what I am doing and have no idea where this post will go once I hit POST!!!! Anyways this is my "official 1 week weigh in". I have lost 7 whole lbs!!!! It's a start.
Thats awesome keep up the great work.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #63  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Fat Chick View Post
Here goes nothing!!! First time I have posted so I don't know what I am doing and have no idea where this post will go once I hit POST!!!! Anyways this is my "official 1 week weigh in". I have lost 7 whole lbs!!!! It's a start.
congratulations!!! You're off to a great start!!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #64  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd update you all after WI#8: I lost 3.5 lbs (And it's TOM)! Woot woot. For a total of 33lbs in 2 months! Yahoo!!! And I've lost 16.5 inches total.
Got 3 lbs down on the Valentine's Day Challenge too.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #65  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Well just got back from WI#8 and I lost another -2.8 lbs for a total weight loss of 51 lbs. I was a little disappointed after I stepped off the scale that I hadn't lost more but then I had to hit myself and remind myself that a loss is better than a gain. I hope everybody has a great week and Happy Weight Loss.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #66  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
OMG i totally read this post the other day and i even replayed it in my head several times as i was making dinner and i went back and forth with the bouillon and finally i said screw it. i figured well i didn't use mustard with sugar in it which i totally wanted to do. GARSH!!! ok i am going to be a lot more strict. i just struggle with the whole chicken thing. i have eaten so much chicken on this diet and that diet that i guess i just used my disgust of chicken as a reason to smudge it. YOU ARE RIGHT! thank you for the reiteration
Chicken has been my staple so far. I keep telling my BF that I'm either going to start laying eggs or I'm going to start growing feathers

Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #67  
WhoDatChick

S/C/G: 229/189.0/150

Height: 5'7"

I am soooo computer illiterate!! Can someone please tell me how to add the Valentine's Day Challenge ticker??? THANKS!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #68  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well just got back from WI#8 and I lost another -2.8 lbs for a total weight loss of 51 lbs. I was a little disappointed after I stepped off the scale that I hadn't lost more but then I had to hit myself and remind myself that a loss is better than a gain. I hope everybody has a great week and Happy Weight Loss.
Hey, 2.8 pounds took you over the half way mark! And a propos of nothing, your son's adorable.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #69  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES AND CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE 1ST WEEK SUCCESSES!! WAY TO GO!

I am so thrilled with another NSV. Saw my Dr. for a 4 week follow up since I started IP. My A1C went from 6.6 to 6.2!! That was after 3 weeks since I took the blood test last week. He was so amazed and happy that I am down 12 lbs and my glucose levels are stable. He said," I am a believer! I will be happy to be a medical endorser for your program." I also have his permission to phase from the alternative protocol to the regular protocol next week. Yay!!

Last edited by hawndragon; 01-06-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #70  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-protein.html

I posted this under a new thread, "The Real Costs of cheating" I hope it worked. If I feel like cheating, I come on the forums, or look at this sheet and it always helps. Haven't cheated once!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #71  

Hi all! I haven't had much time to read the forum lately and wow! I miss you all. I just want to say that I didn't realize how inspirational and supportive it is to be on here! Hopefully I'll get some time to catch up on post (did daily chat start getting longer? lol)

Ooooh! One thing I'd love to share. I haven't really noticed the weight loss myself, although others can see it. But it hit me the other day when I realized my license expires this year. I'm back at the weight I was back then! Years to put it on and a few months to get rid of!! AWESOME! Just in time for a new picture

Hope everyone's doing good!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #72  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Darbs7.....what a difference in your picture! You look GREAT!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Had my WI on Wednesday and lost another 4.8 pounds. Hard to believe.
Lorrie congratulations, you are indeed an inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
So, I tried to make the vanilla pudding into a coffee drink and OMG it was awful! What did I do wrong? Made the pudding according to package directions, spooned it into my hot coffee and stirred. Got a bunch of vanilla beads in coffee. Ew. Help! I bought a bunch of these because I love chai tea and lattes
Jolie I use the hot chocolate in my coffee every day. Use the hot liquid as the only liquid - example I put one packet in 16 oz of coffee and drink that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
Hello all!
I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm starting the program today!
I've been secretly reading all the threads these last few weeks and I wanted to thank all of you for your posts! You have been such an inspiration with your successes, encouragement, tips and stories! I'm very much look forward to this program and hopefully achieving my goal of losing 60lbs.
Thanks Again!
Jamie
Welcome Jaime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Best of luck and follow the protocol 100% and whamo...awesomeness
Darbs I like your new photo!

Yesterday I had my yearly physical and my doctor was very happy to see that I had lost 32 lbs from the last time I visited. I've actually lost 37 lbs (but I didn't tell him that!). My blood pressure was normal and once I get my blood drawn I'll find out what my levels are from last years results.

Very, very happy with IP and how it works. Also have a NSV to report. Lee has pants called comfort fit straight leg that I had in size 18 that I was to the point where I could not wear them comfortably - I NOW fit into the same pants but in SIZE 14. Woohoo that makes me happy.

Last edited by cmsgrrl; 01-06-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #74  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Even the smallest amount of sugar could inhibit ketosis. I made a post the other day with what I recommended to my daughter who started last Saturday....

If you are wondering "is this allowed?" or is "this acceptable?" The answer is NO! kindly spoken of course

I strongly recommend being major strict with yourself for at least one month than you are in ketosis, losing weight, feeling great, and very motivated...from there you can twick what works for you or not.

Best of luck and follow the protocol 100% and whamo...awesomeness
Wow Darbs look at you!! You're the incredible shrinking woman for sure. Your new photo says it all. Congratulations!!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #75  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
HOLY COW DARBS!!! I like your new pic! Doesn't even look like your other picture! Great job
Big Giant Thank you
Closed Thread