Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #91  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

It's Thursday now, but posting on Wednesday's site.

Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!!!

Had my WI today and lost another 4.8 pounds. Hard to believe.

I am officially starting Phase 3 tomorrow.

Had reached my initial goal of 80, but now I am going to shoot for 90 --- only 3.2 away. In the back of my mind, I am thinking of going for 100, but not sure. If I hit it, that's great ... and if I don't, I will be happy too!!!

So I still plan on hanging around here for a while ... lol.

Good luck to all --- this is a truly amazing program!

Lorrie
Old 01-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #92  

Monkey Hunter: Where in WA. Do you live? There are a handful of us in this state. I have met one of the lovely ladies from here Very informational and so sweet.

Jess, please keep us posted if you get accepted for insurance. What a nice thing to do for yourself! I don't want more (unless I keep loosing off there which I am, lucky Susan for keeping them!) I just want them lifted up. Darn gravity!

I got on the scale this morning how I normally do and I was at 166! So that means 45 pounds down in 12 weeks! I went and bought some pajama bottoms today and I don't ever think I have bought a Medium!!! I like not having them so baggy!
Good night all, I'm off to sleep.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'2

Baking away i the kitchen. Tried to make the mirangue puffs from the recipie forum. They are well, ick. I must have done something wrong. They are sour! Does splenda sour when you bake with it? I emtied out a ton of packets trying to get up to a half cup. Boy that was an expensive waist. Now I'm making the stuffed mushrooms for tomorrow. They have crab in them and garlic smashed cauliflour. I keep adding salt as the WF stuff still has a splenda like taste to is. Well the mayo...
Any who stuck to diet today. I'm now doing the EAS shakes inplace of the IP. They taste good. I had been using the IP puddings I think I will miss the thickness when I mixed them up as a shake. But the Vanilla mixes well in the coffee, I mix half with the 1rst cup then the second half later in the day with another cup. Not bad in place of milk. A bit of a treat I think!
The Strawberrie and Chocolate are pretty good too. Thin but good!
Also I found that steamed brussle sprouts arent as bad as I remember them from childhood! Whoopie!
Also another new flave. Walmart has thier own line of drink mixes that is 0 all the way through and comes in cherry limeaid! YUM!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'2

KDS the cheeseburger salad in the recipie forum Rocks!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #95  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Default First Weigh In

Okay, so about to complete day 8 and had my first weigh in. I'm thrilled to report that I lost 12lbs in the first week. As as a result my conviction to what I'm doing is confirmed.

I have a good problem to work out, I can't decide which scale to use, the one at home or the one at my coach's clinic. My first weigh in at home was 9lbs less than my initial weigh-in at the clinic. Of course at home I was butt-*** naked without clothes. So I used 319 from my home scale as my starting weight. However today, my home scale said I lost 10lbs, the clinic scale said I lost 12lbs. I like the latter, which is documented by my coach with my measurements. So I'll have to use my coaches clinic numbers moving forward. I didn't lose a lot of inches, mostly on my lower body. My coach told me it was probably about 5lbs water and 5lbs or so of glycemic fluid my body was tapping into for energy.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #96  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Okay, so about to complete day 8 and had my first weigh in. I'm thrilled to report that I lost 12lbs in the first week. As as a result my conviction to what I'm doing is confirmed.

I have a good problem to work out, I can't decide which scale to use, the one at home or the one at my coach's clinic. My first weigh in at home was 9lbs less than my initial weigh-in at the clinic. Of course at home I was butt-*** naked without clothes. So I used 319 from my home scale as my starting weight. However today, my home scale said I lost 10lbs, the clinic scale said I lost 12lbs. I like the latter, which is documented by my coach with my measurements. So I'll have to use my coaches clinic numbers moving forward. I didn't lose a lot of inches, mostly on my lower body. My coach told me it was probably about 5lbs water and 5lbs or so of glycemic fluid my body was tapping into for energy.
I found that my scale was different by a couple of pounds than my coaches but after a few weeks of losing, they seemed to be more in sync. Go with your coaches scale. The numbers are recorded and gives you something more consistant to keep track of. Try to wear the same or similar clothes each time you weigh in, (since naked isn't an option ). I have an outfit that I wear every time and I have a standing appointment so that it is always the same time of day.

So on that note....Congratulations on your 12 lb loss!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #97  
1/6/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
I always have measured my veggies in a measuring cup....that is what my coach told me to do...have lost 60 lbs. so must be OK...LOL please don't know ever feel stupid, I think you are doing amazing without a "coach". If you ever want to chat just PM me!! Have a great day!!
For me, two good handfuls of chopped vegetables is about 2 cups.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #98  
1/6/14

I don't know how big an issue this is, I know it's not an ideal situation. But sometimes I end up working late. Then I cook my dinner and have to get my final snack in by 9pm. My coach wrote 9pm on my sheet. I ate at about 8pm tonight, and just getting my snack down. I figured it's best to get the snack in then to cut it out because it's past 9pm. I was told breakfast and night snack was required, so better to get it in than not.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by machbasy View Post
NSV - I have no more clothes from Lane Bryant in my closet! And my size 12 bottoms are getting kinda loose!
YAY!!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #100  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

I believe that a pound of fat is actually made up of 3500 calories, not 1500.

Mrs. Deittrich, you are right, thanks for catching that...just my pre-coffee brain this morning!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:01 AM   #101  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlseward View Post
Also another new flave. Walmart has thier own line of drink mixes that is 0 all the way through and comes in cherry limeaid! YUM!
Does it have all essential amino acids? IP does and that distinguishes it from a lot of other products.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:04 AM   #102  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
I don't know how big an issue this is, I know it's not an ideal situation. But sometimes I end up working late. Then I cook my dinner and have to get my final snack in by 9pm. My coach wrote 9pm on my sheet. I ate at about 8pm tonight, and just getting my snack down. I figured it's best to get the snack in then to cut it out because it's past 9pm. I was told breakfast and night snack was required, so better to get it in than not.
Just have the snack an hour before you go to bed. I find that is the most succesful.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 AM   #103  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Had reached my initial goal of 80, but now I am going to shoot for 90 --- only 3.2 away. In the back of my mind, I am thinking of going for 100, but not sure. If I hit it, that's great ... and if I don't, I will be happy too!!!
Oh, for heaven's sake. Lorrie, GO FOR IT. You're worth it!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:37 AM   #104  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
We should have an IP reunion some day. I want to meet everyone. :-)
I think this is a lovely idea. In fact, I've given it a lot of thought. Of course, I'd like to invite you all here but I couldn't put you up, and I'll only be here another 6 days. So that's out. I believe the cheapest airfare and (carefully selected) hotel rooms from anywhere in the US is Las Vegas. Maybe the same from Canada? That doesn't mean gambling and cheap, excessive food! Just a kind of reunion.

Does anyone else have a suggestion? Toronto? Chicago? Anywhere on the east coast to Florida can be cheap. And I may be in la-la land assuming others might like this, too.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:10 AM   #105  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Oh, for heaven's sake. Lorrie, GO FOR IT. You're worth it!
LOL @ you Linden --- thanks for the vote of confidence!!!
I am going for it!

L
Closed Thread