Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Well, I saw the plastic surgeon today and she seemed optimistic, so now we just have to wait and see if insurance will approve it... She said I should know within 2 weeks. I hope it's sooner!
crossing my fingers for you !
Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #47  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Well, I saw the plastic surgeon today and she seemed optimistic, so now we just have to wait and see if insurance will approve it... She said I should know within 2 weeks. I hope it's sooner!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #48  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

You guys are some of the most supportive friends a girl could ask for. I am grateful for each & every one of you!
Old 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #49  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Default Weight and measure

I posted this earlier in the thread but it looks like there is still confusion.

This is one of those things my coach did not explain well, but here is what I eventually learned: you do not weigh veggies, you should only measure them.

1 cup is 8 oz (measured) but that does NOT make them equivalent in weight. For example, 1 cup of spinach does not weigh the same as 1 cup of brussel sprouts.

Veggies are measured (in a measuring cup) meats/fish are weighed (on a scale)

And (according to my coach) veggies are measured pre-cooked and meat is weighed after cooking--but not everyone agrees on that.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #50  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Yay for optimism! I've got crossed fingers, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post

This is one of those things my coach did not explain well, but here is what I eventually learned: you do not weigh veggies, you should only measure them.

1 cup is 8 oz (measured) but that does NOT make them equivalent in weight. For example, 1 cup of spinach does not weigh the same as 1 cup of brussel sprouts.

And (according to my coach) veggies are measured pre-cooked and meat is weighed after cooking--but not everyone agrees on that.
This is what my coach emphasized, as well, but as we've read, all coaches are a little different.

Today was WI#1! I am down 9 pounds in one week! I know a lot is water weight, but I'm also down in inches BIG TIME! I lost 5 1/2" off my waist alone! My hips were another inch, my neck half an inch, and my biceps and thighs each half an inch as well! So that's...9 INCHES AND 9 POUNDS IN ONE WEEK!!!

Problem is, as soon as I left the coach, I wanted terrible food so badly! It's like I NEED to sabotage myself. I got as far as the McDonald's drive-thru when my dad called to see how my weigh in went. I'm so glad he did! I was thinking that a hamburger without the bun wouldn't hurt. As IF! I did eat my restricted (I'd planned for it since we were going to the mall) and now am back home munching on my veggies dipped in WF Ranch (I suppose I will get used to the taste, right? It's close enough, especially for being calorie and carb free).

Hope the rest of you are having a great day, too!

Jolie
Old 01-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'2

Ok on day three no cheets! Laidies and Gent's I do believe I'm back on the wagon!
ANd can I just share I just made up the cheeseburger salad from the recipies section and it is sooooooooooooooooo Good! I didn't have the thousand island dressing so I went with the honey dejon (WF) very satisfing!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

.... I wanted to check in...so far so good..no emotional eating, even though I have found several notes from my daughter hidden in various places around the house...1 in my IP drawer, 1 in the veggie drawer, 1 in my UGGS ......

Thanks for the cyber hugs !!! Jules26 is not going to school in Hawaii, she has been there a few times, worked on a cruiseship there last year and just fell in love with the place....so she packed up and moved there w her BFF..... on a HAPPY note, now I have to hig my goal and maybe a few more cause I have to go Hawaii this year !!!

I just made cole slaw to have w my fish tonight....I LOVE the WF coleslaw dressing on cabbage ....

Have a great IP evening !!!! =-)
Old 01-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #53  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post

Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #54  
KDS
Started IP 12/28/10

S/C/G: 240/179/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Yay for optimism! I've got crossed fingers, too!

This is what my coach emphasized, as well, but as we've read, all coaches are a little different.

Today was WI#1! I am down 9 pounds in one week! I know a lot is water weight, but I'm also down in inches BIG TIME! I lost 5 1/2" off my waist alone! My hips were another inch, my neck half an inch, and my biceps and thighs each half an inch as well! So that's...9 INCHES AND 9 POUNDS IN ONE WEEK!!!

Problem is, as soon as I left the coach, I wanted terrible food so badly! It's like I NEED to sabotage myself. I got as far as the McDonald's drive-thru when my dad called to see how my weigh in went. I'm so glad he did! I was thinking that a hamburger without the bun wouldn't hurt. As IF! I did eat my restricted (I'd planned for it since we were going to the mall) and now am back home munching on my veggies dipped in WF Ranch (I suppose I will get used to the taste, right? It's close enough, especially for being calorie and carb free).

Hope the rest of you are having a great day, too!

Jolie
Outstanding! I sadly know how strong the pull of the drive through can be as well, but both of us have made it through the first week so there is no reason why we can't keep on truckin!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #55  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Best move I have ever made was to have a breast reduction...and mine was fortunately covered by insurance. Clothes fit, you can move freely (run, jump rope, etc.)without hurting and the bra mark depressions on your shoulders actually even out!! Good luck and hopefully insurance will cover it all.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #56  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google
Thanks, again, ever so much.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #57  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
...EMOTIONAL DAY for me today....my daughter (Jules26) left this morning to move to Hawaii....

It has been great having her here especially since we both started IP together Nov 21st....as of WI yesterday she is down 20lbs and I am down 23lbs !!

It will be hard w/o here as my coach/biggest cheerleader !!!

...I WILL BE STRONG!!!! I WILL BE STRONG !!!...

Wishing you all a great IP day !!!.......
I always told my son he could go to college or move anywhere, just so long as it was a place I wanted to visit. He's never let me down. It sounds as though you have that kind of daughter, and bright, and cheery to boot. I know you'll miss her.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #58  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Good morning, day 6 for me today. Feeling good so far. I will be stepping on the scale Friday morning.

Does anyone weigh their 4 cups of veggies? I do and just wondering if I am getting the right amount. Is 7 oz or 200g right to equal 2 cups?
One ounce = 28.35 grams. Use this site if you're not sure -- especially for spinach, romaine. http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #59  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Had a really bad night last night. I didn't get home from work till 730 by that time I didn't want to cook. So I had a restricted pkg an my veg. I thought that be ok until I woke up at 5 just starving. My question is what time does everyone stop eating before bed. Oprah always said 4 hours and I always followed that but does it matter?
I now ALWAYS drink a shake 1 hour before bed. Just fairly recently made this rule absolute for myself, and voila, I am actually losing weight -- even though I'm on antibiotics and all kinds of pain medicine.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #60  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Pilates View Post
Day 6:

Awoke last night with discomfort in my back. My trainer did not keep me in the 60-70% HR zone so I suspect it is acid churning in the kidneys (not an exercise use kind of discomfort). I had colon hydrotherapy yesterday so it is not from a sluggish colon.

Suggestions for assisting it moving thru? Based on some comments I've read, try more water, salt, potassium and magnesium. Any guidance would be grateful...it has me concerned.

This breakfast was the first time I got creative with the packets. I made the plain crepe with 2 tbsp flaxseed and liberal amount of cinnamon. I smeared a bit of chocolate pudding (my afternoon snack for today) for a nutella not crepe napoleon. I enjoy cooking so it was pleasing to do something other than shake and heat.

And the scale says I'm down 2.5 lbs. I know its just water loss but it is nice to see the scale moving down.

Be well!
Hi Carolyn, I hope you take this the right way. IP is not an extreme diet. If you can't work with a trainer who does what you know is vital, I'd get a new one. Even better yet, give your body a rest. Stick to the plan. If you feel you must exercise, walk 10,000 steps a day. And I mean this in the kindest way possible.
Closed Thread