Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #46  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Off the subject of IP.

I have been having terrible pain in my back. Went to a chiro for treatments. Only made it worse. Finally got up the nerve to go to a Dr. to see what is going on with my back. Had xrays done at the hospital last week and had to wait out until today to get the results. Found out I have arthritis in the spine. Physical therapy to start next week. One thing they said is that it is great that I have lost weight which will only help. I am a very nervous type person and waiting for the results to come back almost did me in. I have lost two friends to cancer in which their first symptoms were back aches. I am so thankful my tests didn't show cancer. But now I must learn to live with arthritis. Anyone else out there have arthritis in the spine? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #47  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default From an oldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLaC View Post
Here's a question I've seen posted before but never answered as far as I can see. Does baby spinach and/or spring mix (mixed greens) count as unlimited lettuce? I sure hope so!
A yr & 1/2 ago I did well with IP. While I wouldn't consider spinach alone as unlimited, if you have spinach mixed with your salad it is no problem. Spring mix is just leaf lettuce so it is unlimited. I used to have roughly 1/2 n 1/2 spinach and spring mix for my salads and had no trouble losing. (I usually only had 2 salads a day though since I was rarely hungry) Others I know on IP say the same thing re: the spinach.
Good luck!

Old 01-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 201/134/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Way to go Letterer at losing 60 lbs...when did you start IP?
Hi Hollmark - Thanks for the kudos I started 6/24/10 and am about to make the transition to Phase 2. I wanted to reach my goal weight before beginning the next phase but have been going a little nuts so I was thinking of making the switch after my next weigh in. I'm only a few pounds off my goal right now. I'm a little nervous about taking the step forward, I'm so used to the routine of Phase 1! But, I've been reading on this board a lot and getting lots of ideas on how to transition into the next part of this process.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 227/220/140

Height: 5'7"

Talking WTG!!!! Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
Good morning everyone! I did my "official" weigh in #1 last night and was down 6 pounds! Woo-Hoo!!! Not the big number that others have posted, but I am hoping for consistency. I also lost about 7 inches overall. Pants feel better this morning. I am still in that non-believer kind of phase... I know you have all had success, but after years of trying every diet and failing, it's hard to believe this one will work. But the proof is in the pudding so they say!

Question of the day... since I am doing this on my own (no coach or clinic), I am not sure what to be measuring. I did the typical chest, waist, hips, biceps, thighs and calves. I don't imagine I am missing anything but some people are posting huge inches lost and don't want to miss the opportunity to feel good if I am losing somewhere and not realizing it!!! Thanks!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
I'm on day 7 (1st WI tomorrow!) and when I get hungry, I drink a glass of ice water (try half your body weight, 64oz is the bare minimum!), wait 30 minutes, and if I'm still hungry, assume it's real hunger, not boredom or thirst. I eat half my lunch veggies then. Today has been rough, I think due to the workout last night (my coach is ok with it as long as I wear a heart rate monitor and stay in the 65-75% range), so I split my dinner protein into 1/4 at lunch mixed with mushroom soup and spinach. Definitely will help me stay on track this afternoon. After dinner, if I'm still hungry, I'll have half a packet. This keeps me at no more than 3.5 a day, but usually I'm fine without that half packet because I'm so proud of the way I made it through the day. I'll do something fun to occupy myself then and go to bed a bit early.

Hope this helps!

Jolie
Hi Jolie,
that's a great tip about the water for sure! congrats on completing your first week! good luck tomorrow!!!! I will be excited to hear how well you do
Amber
Old 01-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #51  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning all. I have a question (again!!) Do you know if it is ok healthwise to take an extra potassium supplement daily? I already take 2. I am still battling that weak, run down feeling and it seems to be getting worse. I go for my weigh in today, but according to my scales have not budged an inch! A friend of mine said she felt this way when her potassium levels were dangerously low. She takes quadruple the amount (under docs orders). I have an appointment next week to get bloood work done, but need to do something in the meantime. I took an extra last night with supper and feel slightly better this morning, but I guess we will see as the day wears on. Just didn't know if I would be doing more damage than good with taking extra. I am also going to ask my coach today, but I'm sure he will say "go to doc.". Thanks! Everyone have a happy, nontempting day!
I'd try a super B complex + D3.

Jolie, you need 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight + 10 ounces. Coffee, tea, and soft drinks do NOT count; in fact, they dehydrate you. So for every cup of coffee over 1 add another cup of water.

Last edited by Linden; 01-04-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 162/ ? /130

Height: 5'3"

Default Day 2

Well, today is Day 2!! So far so good!! This morning I had my orange drink (made it ahead of time to allow the foam to settle... thanks for the tip yesterday!!!) I am thinking about making the chicken soup soon for lunch and will maybe add some broccoli and cauliflower to it. I am not sure what to make for supper yet but thanks to my trip to Costco yesterday, I have lots of options! Hope everyone is having a great IP day!!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #53  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine216 View Post
The only one I do not do is the calves. Other than that, it's the same for me. Everyone is different, you should look at yourself and see if you are doing everything you should. For me, I have hypothyroism so I know I'll be different. However, I do have a fair amount to loose so I'm hoping for big numbers at the start to get me motivated.
You probably already know this but don't eat anything with soy or calcium in it within 6 hours of taking your thyroid medicine. It negates the effect of the medicine.

And re: the spinach discussion: never eat raw spinach if you have hypothyroidism, or any other goitrogenic foods unless they're cooked. See http://www.womentowomen.com/hypothyr...oidhealth.aspx

Last edited by Linden; 01-04-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #54  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperGal View Post
Can we have Canadian Bacon on Phase 1 and/or Phase 2? I buy the packaged kind which is usually leaner than ham. Just wondering...
I was told yes if I'm having eggs for dinner -- to add some protein. But no more than 2-3 slices because of the sodium.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #55  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Survived the Christmas and New Year Blitz and down a lb at WI today. I was stuck at the same weight for a couple of weeks and now hope that this is the start of another losing cycle. Was pretty good over the holidays and stuck to a few planned cheats and a little leeway with protocol.
Now to get busy and lose the last 15 I would like to get rid of. Will see what I can do with the 15 lbs by Valentine's Day challenge!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #56  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Those of you who cook your spinach, do you measure raw? I have been, and my coach doesn't know, says it's debatable. It's such a big difference, but I couldn't see eating 2 cups of cooked spinach!
You need 90-100 grams of raw spinach per cooked serving. I occasionally just use 1/2 of a 10 oz package, or 140 grams, because the calories and carbs are so low (33 cal and 5.15 carbs) and, this is a big and, 3.1 grams of fiber. The carb to fiber ratio is great. I cook the whole bag then weigh 1/2 per meal.

Last edited by Linden; 01-04-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #57  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
You need 90-100 grams of raw spinach per cooked serving. I occasionally just use 1/2 of a 10 oz package, or 140 grams, because the calories and carbs are so low (33 cal and 5.15 carbs) and, this is a big and, 3.1 grams of fiber. The carb to fiber ratio is great. I cook the whole bag then weigh 1/2 per meal.
Thank you so much! I was worried I wasn't getting what I needed. One 10oz bag of baby spinach has lasted me four meals so far and I still have about a cup left. I love spinach and can eat it every evening and lunch.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #58  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning all. I have a question (again!!) Do you know if it is ok healthwise to take an extra potassium supplement daily? I already take 2. I am still battling that weak, run down feeling and it seems to be getting worse. I go for my weigh in today, but according to my scales have not budged an inch! A friend of mine said she felt this way when her potassium levels were dangerously low. She takes quadruple the amount (under docs orders). I have an appointment next week to get bloood work done, but need to do something in the meantime. I took an extra last night with supper and feel slightly better this morning, but I guess we will see as the day wears on. Just didn't know if I would be doing more damage than good with taking extra. I am also going to ask my coach today, but I'm sure he will say "go to doc.". Thanks! Everyone have a happy, nontempting day!
Today is day 7 and my first day back to work. Overall, I've felt a little bit amped up with more energy than before. I had a bit of ADD or spaciness this morning, but nothing too drastic. My coach told me to add 1 more potassium, so my total daily is two.

First WI tomorrow, overall I feel a lot better and more enthusiastic than when I was at work before break. I've been such a slave to the bad food and weight, everything feels like it's manageable now.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #59  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Off the subject of IP.

I have been having terrible pain in my back. Went to a chiro for treatments. Only made it worse. Finally got up the nerve to go to a Dr. to see what is going on with my back. Had xrays done at the hospital last week and had to wait out until today to get the results. Found out I have arthritis in the spine. Physical therapy to start next week. One thing they said is that it is great that I have lost weight which will only help. I am a very nervous type person and waiting for the results to come back almost did me in. I have lost two friends to cancer in which their first symptoms were back aches. I am so thankful my tests didn't show cancer. But now I must learn to live with arthritis. Anyone else out there have arthritis in the spine? Any help would be much appreciated.
Yes, lower spine, and 3 things help. Walking (seems to be my panacea for everything) because it strengthens pelvic muscles; water aerobics in a heated pool, but tell the instructor that you have spinal arthritis so he/she can modify exercises if necessary; and gentle stretching after muscles are warmed up. The older you are the later in the day you should exercise, up to 5:00pm -- because the muscles aren't limber enough early in the morning.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #60  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Default So Excited!!!!

SO PUMPED!
Had WI # 6 this morning! Down another 2 pounds!
That makes 20 pounds total loss since nov. 21st.

LOVE IP!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! lol

AND to top of this great start of the new year my flight leaves tomorrow morning headed to Honolulu!!!!!
SOOO ready to start over and focus on me for this new year!!!!
......And a move to paradise is a great way to begin dont ya think???? lol

Ive got 2 dufflebags and a backpack full of IP packets! Love it!

Another 15 pounds to lose and ill be good to go!

Thanks everyone here for being so supportive and inspiring me everyday!!!!
Funny that i dont mind leaving my coach behind, but so glad 3FCs will be coming with me on this laptop!!!!

Have a good tuesday everyone!@!!!!!!
Closed Thread