Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 07:13 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat - Dec. 31, 2010 - Jan. 2, 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
and happy new year!!!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Review yesterday's thread: December 30th, 2010

Last edited by EatAnts; 12-31-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:36 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! First day on IP, the maple oatmeal is pretty good. I now realize it is a restricted food but I order online so just need to suck it up and eat it. I will be having the oatmeal every other day.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:45 AM   #3  
Sheila E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machbasy View Post
My husband mentioned to me today that he might start on IP next week. I hope he does!!!
Good luck to you both. Remember: Men lose at a much higher rate than women so do not compare yourself to him week to week. My boyfriend was on IP with me. I had less to lose than he did. He lost all his weight in just 6 weeks (then later lost more over a 2 week period). It took me 12 weeks to lose what he did in 6. On a positive note, it was much easier having us both eat the same thing. It was also great having him relate better to what I was going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Oh. My. God. Miserable moment. At a birthday party on day 2. Bah. The people here don't get it. No, thank you. I cannot just have one slice of pizza. Dang it.
It is hard at first. I had a work party on my first day. In a few weeks you'll be able to handle any situation with ease and comfort. Hang in and there. You are doing great by holding your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I wish my friend will be more supportive. Last year she went on WW to compete in the biggest looser at work. She lost 25 pounds in 6 months. Her goal was to loose 50. Once the contest ended she began training for a 5k, then 10k and now half marathon to try to loose the next 25. I was one of her most supportive cheerleaders. She was always nagging me and telling me I was too fat, too lazy and so on. I have failed many times on WW so I decided to research IP and started after 2 months of a long thought. 10 weeks later I'm down 30 pounds and I'm exercising. About 5 weeks ago I noticed that she was always ordering pizza, burgers, Chinese, Mexican, you get the picture. She said running is enough for her, so no more WW. We eat lunch together at work, so she was always commenting how bad she felt eating this or that in front of me, or I won't offer you because you banned carbs. She never mentioned anything about my weight loss, not even a word of encouragement or a cheer, like I did for her. We went on winter break 2 weeks ago. I saw her last night. She told me that she just noticed I'm starting to loose some weight, but then told me I need to exercise more or I'm going to look awful. For her 45 minutes Pilates 3 x a week and 30 minute Zumba 3 x week is not enough. I noticed she is starting to gain, but off course I was not going to tell her that, because I know it’s not nice. Am I overreacting or is my friend jealous? Any advice on how to handle her? I really don't want to loose the friendship over this. But I think she might get distant if I look thinner than her.
People get jealous when they think you are accomplishing something better than they are, especially so successfully. Good friends will stick around no matter what, it may just take her awhile to adjust to your success and changes. Don't let her sabotage you though. If she is such a good friend, tell her how it is and that you could really use the support instead of the fast food offers. Good luck. I understand how tough it is when people are trying to sabotage instead of support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
another quick hello and update..

I have had very sensitive and extemely irritated bladder for 3 months now, and after many dr appts, and tests, I was told by my urologist about foods that irritate the bladder and thought I'd share..

I am probably the only one out of anyone who has ever tried this program,who has had this painful problem...?

The List includes ANY Sugars and ALL Artificial Sugars- Meats in general, any spices,anything with caffeine, acidic fruits+ juices, all sodas, and hi proteins that naturally turn the bladder acidic.. Most of this list is not even on the plan, nor do I eat/ drink them...

This program works when followed, so next week when I see my urologist, I am going to talk to Him..I am using protein shakes with stevia (since all other artificial sweetners give me migraines) I have been drinking more water too.

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place, I am still a bit 'foggy' from the anethesia..

I miss you all.....
I'm glad to hear you are still out there. I'm sorry you are going through so much. The body can be a delicate and picky thing sometimes. I know with my migraines and back/neck issues, the strangest things set them off and make life miserable. The good news is every time you identify another problem item, you are improving your quality of life (despite losing a lot of tasty items in your diet). Hang in there, it will get better.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:14 AM   #4  
Sheila E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Good morning! First day on IP, the maple oatmeal is pretty good. I now realize it is a restricted food but I order online so just need to suck it up and eat it. I will be having the oatmeal every other day.
I love the maple oatmeal. I add a little extra hot water and let it sit for a bit to really let the "oaty stuff" soften up.

Welcome to day 1!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Good Morning All!

So I am 3 days completely back on track. I had my WI this am, and to my disgruntlement, I am up 3 pounds, but down a half inch in the hips.
I expected a small gain, but not 3 pounds. I didn't go that overboard. It seems that is how my body works though, when normal people gain a pound, I gain 3! LOL! C'est La Vie! I am back at it, and hoping for a larger loss next week!

Happy New Year's to everyone, and be safe out there tonight!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Hey Medicmom, don't be too hard on yourself. Depending on what put you over, it could be a lot of water retention. I can always tell from my ankles when I am retaining water My cheating over Christmas was mainly with wine and that ALWAYS makes me retain water. Once back on plan and peeing and it goes away pretty quickly.

To the newbies out there, I cannot stress enough how beneficial it is to read this board EVERY day!!! It really helps to strengthen your resolve. A few days ago, even though I was back on plan, I thought I might cheat, just a bit, for New Years. Such a stupid move as I've only just got back into ketosis. By reading all the wonderful and supportive posts here, it helped me be strong. I know I can enjoy movie night at home with DH without a glass of wine and nibblies. It will be perrier and IP friendly food tonight!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:52 AM   #7  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Good luck to you both. Remember: Men lose at a much higher rate than women so do not compare yourself to him week to week. My boyfriend was on IP with me. I had less to lose than he did. He lost all his weight in just 6 weeks (then later lost more over a 2 week period). It took me 12 weeks to lose what he did in 6. On a positive note, it was much easier having us both eat the same thing. It was also great having him relate better to what I was going through.

Oh I know, but it's all good! I know several men on IP, and one of my coaches is a guy. They all lost double what I did in the same time frame. Hormones I guess. Just another thing we women have to suck up.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Bonjour from Paris and Happy New Year!

I'm going to have oysters tonite! My coach said to err on the fat side, as opposed to the carb side. So far so good! A little lemon on those oysters and I'll be in heaven. Some sparkling water for champagne. Not a problem

I'm making a music video tomorrow, and have a photo shoot on Sunday. One thing I can be sure of...I'm 20 lbs lighter and I won't have a hangover, which does not look well on a woman of a certain age especially!

Here's a Happy New Year Poem, especially for those of us starting anew on this program, or re-committing ourselves to getting the job done. Much love to everyone

Twas The Diet After New Years

Twas the day after New Years, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt---

I said to myself, as I only can
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
So--away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
"Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #9  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
To the newbies out there, I cannot stress enough how beneficial it is to read this board EVERY day!!! It really helps to strengthen your resolve. A few days ago, even though I was back on plan, I thought I might cheat, just a bit, for New Years. Such a stupid move as I've only just got back into ketosis. By reading all the wonderful and supportive posts here, it helped me be strong. I know I can enjoy movie night at home with DH without a glass of wine and nibblies. It will be perrier and IP friendly food tonight!
Thanks for the advice! I'm on day 3, and in my weaker moments I've come here on my phone. It really does help. I'm so happy to read Perrier is on protocol! That's my absolute drink of choice.

Just finished up at the gym (I've been spinning three-four times a week for the last month, and am totally addicted). I've cut back to two-three a week, and if I do three I do the third alone, not in class and tone down the intensity a bit.

Had the wildberry yogurt drink made into a smoothie for breakfast an it was delicious! I read on the boards from November that it had been upped to 14 carbs, but my box says it only has 4...what's up with that?

Hope you all have a wonderful IP (a lot with all this water, ha!) day.

Jolie
Old 12-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #10  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Smile

Well.... today is day 5. I am beginning to think I might actually be able to do this. The yucky feelings are pretty much gone and so are 5 pounds according to the Wii this morning. This is my first post, but I have been reading a ton of the posts here and found them very helpful and inspirational. Thanks to all of you for sharing such great ideas and helpful information. Long road ahead, but thanks to all of you I know I can do it! Bring it on 2011!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #11  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Its funny seeing all these commercials to lose weight generally inspire me to try something new in hopes that this will be the year I'll be come magically thin. Now I'm just excited to see how much I will lose this year as I already have a huge head start on everyone else's New Years Resolutions. I KNOW that this is the year I will finally reach my goal.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:39 PM   #12  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Ketosis question: I bought ketostix so I wouldn't have to ask and wonder if I am in ketosis. Problem is that I don't know how to read them! If there is ANY change am I in ketosis? Is it supposed to be dark purple?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Morning All!

So I am 3 days completely back on track. I had my WI this am, and to my disgruntlement, I am up 3 pounds, but down a half inch in the hips.
I expected a small gain, but not 3 pounds. I didn't go that overboard. It seems that is how my body works though, when normal people gain a pound, I gain 3! LOL! C'est La Vie! I am back at it, and hoping for a larger loss next week!

Happy New Year's to everyone, and be safe out there tonight!
I just have to ask...........did you try on your Ex's pants? haha
Old 12-31-2010, 01:48 PM   #14  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

I was told by the coach on sign-up that I am allowed an extra packet a day, in case of extreme hunger in the beginning. So making the total of packets to 4 a day, with only 1 restricted packet per day. I was given the chocolate drink.

My question is, will it prevent me from reaching Ketosis if I don't take up to 4 packets a day?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
Well.... today is day 5. I am beginning to think I might actually be able to do this. The yucky feelings are pretty much gone and so are 5 pounds according to the Wii this morning. This is my first post, but I have been reading a ton of the posts here and found them very helpful and inspirational. Thanks to all of you for sharing such great ideas and helpful information. Long road ahead, but thanks to all of you I know I can do it! Bring it on 2011!

This is a great plan and great site. good luck!!
Keep us posted on your losses. Maybe put up your starting weight/current weight/goal weight. If you feel comfortable doing that. It is good to see the progress........because you will have progress.
Closed Thread