IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 23 Dec. 2010

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    • AND
    • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
  • Merry Christmas everyone. I posted progress photos a month or so ago and here is 10 more pounds. I love IP.

• Good Morning Everyone!

Darbs - you look awesome! Got any hot little outfits for Vegas? My Dad lives there, I will inbox you some real great places to shop! ;-)

Well, my whole 5 days of cheating, had an outcome, today was WI #12, and I have neither lost or gained! YAY! I was only hoping to break even, because I really fell off and went nutto! LOL! I also happened to notice that my BF LBS are down.

I am now in a 10 jean, 32 uniform pant, and M tops.
    I WAS in a 14 jean, 38 uniform pant, and an XL!
    Life is good, and a believe I have the strength to make it through the holidays!

Cheers to an amazing IP day!
  • Quote: Merry Christmas everyone. I posted progress photos a month or so ago and here is 10 more pounds. I love IP.

Awesome!
  • Quote: Merry Christmas everyone. I posted progress photos a month or so ago and here is 10 more pounds. I love IP.
    WOW! you look great!! Your gonna be turnin heads in February on the cruise

way to go!!!
    You look awesome Darbs!

Ladyvrod that is funny what people say about this WOE! I have noticed the weight loss in my neck also, just by the way necklaces hang now. It is a nice change.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of my IP internet friends![/QUOTE]
  • Well, I WI yesterday before we left town to go home for Christmas - down 4.6 lbs! Super excited about that especially after my 1 lb post cheat gain. I am now exactly where I thought I would be at Christmas - between 30 & 35 lbs down! And these last 11 weeks of keeping my mouth shut about all of this to my family was TOTALLY worth it...

I saw my mom last night for the first time since the week before I started the program. She knew something was up when I got out of the car because she made some comment about me looking adorable, but it wasn't until I got in the house and took off the down puffer vest and came around the corner that she started crying. And crying. And crying. It took my dad a little longer to notice, but he's a man.

It was a really awesome feeling. Soooooooo encouraging. I think back to where I was when I saw her last time and I am grateful to my friend that introduced me to IP and to all of you here. I am so grateful for the support that we provide each other! It truly makes life easier.

Quote: Merry Christmas everyone. I posted progress photos a month or so ago and here is 10 more pounds. I love IP.
    You look great!

Quote: I am now in a 10 jean, 32 uniform pant, and M tops.
    I WAS in a 14 jean, 38 uniform pant, and an XL!
    Life is good, and a believe I have the strength to make it through the holidays!!
    Yippee!
  • Darbs7 You look amazing.

Medicmom734: I bet it feels good to be down in pants size. Good job.

Had an NSV today, I use to work at the gym, so many of the memembers know me, so today I went to walk on the treadmill to get ready to walk a 5k, and one of the members had to take a double look, because she almost didn't recognize me. She said my face was so much thinner she wasn't sure if it was me or not. I got kinda a laugh at that, but it is nice for people to notice. I love IP, and the new way it has taught me to eat and helped me enjoy life more.

I hope every one has a Merry Christmas.
  • Happy Christmas eve eve!!

SOOOO much candy in the office today....

**wondering if a fun size Milky way will kick me right outta ketosis***

Not gonna do it...but im just a wondering...lol

My skinny voice is chanting loudly in my head STAY AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE juli!!!!!!

My fat kid voice is saying...EAT IT JULI CHOCOLATE IS DELICIOUS!!!!

Luckily i ONLY listen to my skinny healthy voice now and i know that when im in phase 4 i am allowed to have chocolate in moderation of course....SOOOO im willing to wait it out and stick to protocol

oh...and it also helps that i need to be bikini ready by mid january

I hope you all have a fantastic holiday!!!

AND much thanks to everyone here because 3FC helps me so much when it comes to avoiding temptations. I dont want to let myself down OR any of you !!!
  • Mrs. Diettrich- That is such a great NSV and must have made you feel so good! I know when I saw my mom 6 weeks ago she was really excited and now I'm excited to see her for Christmas to show her the additional weightloss

Ladyvrod- My Dr measures my neck along with everything else and I have definitely lost inches there. I have a really slender face and neck and shoulders and carry most of my weight in my hips, behind, and thighs. When people see me now because my face is so slender, they get so concerned that I'm trying to lose too much weight so I always have to remind them I lose top to bottom and my tops caught up- just have to get the rest of the hourglass empty!

It's been interesting reading posts on how other people have negative comments about how we are losing weight so fast but when we go back to eating normal it will all come back. I've experienced the same thing. My response is really no matter what diet I would go on, if I went back to eating how I used to I would definitely gain the weight back. It's also interesting to see people who are the most picky eaters or normally turn down dessert seem to pressure me more to eat desserts. It doesn't make any sense. They don't want any, but why are they so concerned if I don't want any either?
  • Hi Everyone,

Had my first official WI in several weeks today, and am now down almost 60 lbs (58.4)! I'm very, very pleased, as I had set myself 60 lbs as a target for Christmas.

Mrs. Dietrich, I loved your story! I too am planning a "big reveal" on Christmas day. I haven't seen my brother and his family since just before I started IP in August, and haven't said anything to them about it. My mother and sister know but have kept my secret, so when I get to their house Christmas day it will be a big surprise! I haven't been under 300 lbs in at least 10 years!!

I read with interest the discussions of where others are noticing their weight loss, shape shifting. I too have lost a lot on top, and am noticing the changes in my face, neck and shoulders, and of course the drop in my bust size that was the first thing to go. Unfortunately, I'm getting a bit of turkey neck, but it beats triple chins any day! But the very best thing, I think, is my steadily shrinking saddlebags! The last time I lost a lot of weight they shrank only in proportion to everything else, staying omnipresent as ever, adding a full size to the fit of pants and skirts. This time, with IP, they are disappearing! This is very exciting and makes me want to go shopping for clothes--but I'm holding off until spring, because clothes I buy now will never fit me again so there's just no point. Skirts are great--they're so forgiving and don't get saggy butted. Also, I continue to mine my closet and basement for those formerly too small but now just right items. It's shaping up to be a very Merry Christmas, indeed!

Happy Holidays, everyone!
    Jackie
  • WI#6:: Lost 4.1lbs!!!! And down 12 inches in total so far.

Woohoooo!!
  • Quote: Mrs. Diettrich- That is such a great NSV and must have made you feel so good! I know when I saw my mom 6 weeks ago she was really excited and now I'm excited to see her for Christmas to show her the additional weightloss

Ladyvrod- My Dr measures my neck along with everything else and I have definitely lost inches there. I have a really slender face and neck and shoulders and carry most of my weight in my hips, behind, and thighs. When people see me now because my face is so slender, they get so concerned that I'm trying to lose too much weight so I always have to remind them I lose top to bottom and my tops caught up- just have to get the rest of the hourglass empty!

It's been interesting reading posts on how other people have negative comments about how we are losing weight so fast but when we go back to eating normal it will all come back. I've experienced the same thing. My response is really no matter what diet I would go on, if I went back to eating how I used to I would definitely gain the weight back. It's also interesting to see people who are the most picky eaters or normally turn down dessert seem to pressure me more to eat desserts. It doesn't make any sense. They don't want any, but why are they so concerned if I don't want any either?
    EXACTLY!! I used to eat more than one piece of the bread out of the bread basket when it arrived at the table and my same friend would have something to say about that too. Like........wish I could eat bread like that blah blah. So I totally understand about the dessert thing. I wonder how long I will be able to hide the funny face that so far has not come out but is just under the surface. I don't say anything........so far........but the evil sarcastic side of me is having a hard time keeping the expressions on my face at bay. haha
  • My Anniversay
    Today is my Anniversay 22 years...We went to see the movie True GRit..my husband Ate popcorn..I drank my water and a piece of gum...Then we went to eat lunch at Texas Land and Cattle...it was good...
    Steak-Salad (dry) and Broc, oh a few mushrooms...
    I have learned so much and I can get thru life and eat healthy...we laughed and had a great time and I missed nothing not eating the bread or the other items I just don't need..
    and the compliments about my new body...they were very special indeed...

Merry Christmas all my IP friends...this site means so much to me..I can share and complain and laugh and its ok..
    I'm going to be swimsuit ready by Feb...so look out life here I come....and we're going to start living it...

• Hi everyone!!! I have really missed you all lately. I've fallen behind on what is is going on. It seems my days have been jammed packed lately. I will hopefully catch up with everyone in the next few days.

I hope no one minds, but I'm going to have the weekend thread be from Friday through Sunday this week (and probably next). I have family events all over town the next few days.

Congrats to all the losses this week! Merry Christmas. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday.

Quote: I saw my mom last night for the first time since the week before I started the program. She knew something was up when I got out of the car because she made some comment about me looking adorable, but it wasn't until I got in the house and took off the down puffer vest and came around the corner that she started crying. And crying. And crying. It took my dad a little longer to notice, but he's a man.
    Aww, how exciting. You brought a tear to my eye. I'm so happy for you!

Quote: Had an NSV today, I use to work at the gym, so many of the members know me, so today I went to walk on the treadmill to get ready to walk a 5k, and one of the members had to take a double look, because she almost didn't recognize me. She said my face was so much thinner she wasn't sure if it was me or not. I got kinda a laugh at that, but it is nice for people to notice.
    Congrats!!! You do look great! It is amazing how a few months can transform everything.

Quote: Had my first official WI in several weeks today, and am now down almost 60 lbs (58.4)! I'm very, very pleased, as I had set myself 60 lbs as a target for Christmas....I too am planning a "big reveal" on Christmas day. I haven't seen my brother and his family since just before I started IP in August, and haven't said anything to them about it. My mother and sister know but have kept my secret, so when I get to their house Christmas day it will be a big surprise! I haven't been under 300 lbs in at least 10 years!!
    Jackie, Congrats on the great losses! And I can't wait to hear your brother's reaction on Christmas.

Quote: Today is my Anniversay 22 years....
    I'm going to be swimsuit ready by Feb...so look out life here I come....and we're going to start living it...
    Happy Anniversary!!! Woohooo on taking on the world in a swimsuit! You go, girl!!!