Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:37 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat - 18 & 19 Dec. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning! I'm on my way to WI #8. I think this will be my first week with no loss or maybe a gain. TOM is about to come and I feel bloated and swollen, not to mention the cramps and flu like symptoms I get along with it. I have stayed on protocol since day one so I know it won't be because I have cheated. I guess I'll have better results in the coming weeks. I plan to stay on the plan through the holidays. I'll post results later. Have a great day!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #3  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Morning!!!

Good luck at your WI Coqui - sometimes that darn scale can surprise you!

I am feeling very motivated today, not sure why, but I will take it! Woke up BEFORE my one year old this morning - huh?? But I feel great and couldnt wait to get the day started. Bring on Christmas! lol!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #4  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

The things I love since losing weight:

*I love pulling a pair of socks on that I can pull up past my ankles

*I love to curl up on the couch & my dog lays comfortably in front of me

*I love being able to sit on a desk during a meeting when there are not enough chairs.

*I love being able to carry things to my car without being out of breath

*I love to have to dry my hoodies in the drier

*I love folding my underwear because they look so small

*I love being able to get on the floor to plug a cord in behind a chair

*I love to be able to take a walk and feel good when I get back

*I love throwing away the Big Girl catalogs

*I love to walk down the hallway at work and some one does not recognize me

*I love not sticking the insulin needle in my stomach 7 times a day

*I love it when someeone calls me skinny

*I love to be surprised when I put on jeans and they button easily

*I love to feel my bones at unexpected times

*I love to have my husband tell me how good I look

*I love to smile at strangers and they smile back

*I love playing with my grandchildren on the floor

*I love that I fit through turnstiles easily

*I love that the seatbelts on airplanes fit better

*I love the different level of confidence I have

*I love being involved with this forum

*I love that the bath towel goes all the way around me & I can tuck it in

*I love to be around food and count up the calories that I saved myself

*But most of all, I just love me!

Last edited by rosemary2612; 12-18-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Rosemary,
waking up to your post was a pleasure. There truly are so many little things to be thankful for.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #6  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post

. . . .

*I love to be around food and count up the calories that I saved myself

Thank you for the quote and words of encouragement -- I have experienced or currently experiencing many of these and I couldn't agree more
Old 12-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

pray for me im making my cheerleaders homemade lasgana tonight for their huge slumber party where everyone of them is bringing a covered dish and abag of chips or a soda! This shall be a test 15 years olds never understand why coach Mary Kate is eating a shake and they are having chick fil a!! I had one of my sweet younger girls tell me last week I was perfect and didn't need to loose any weight! LOVE her haha Rosemary I loved your I loves... this morning Congrats
Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #8  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Rosemary,

Now if that isn't a testimonial as to why IP works, I don't know what is. Thanks for all the inspiration and reasons why we will all love ourselves, just a little bit more, when we feel good about ourselves and our weight.
Great post!

Last edited by CBG; 12-18-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #9  

Wow Rosemary!! That was wonderful, I'm crying like a sissy now So very true, the small things that mean so much. I feel the same exact way.

I have a very nice NSV from my EX-mother in law. She came over to pick up my daughter for the weekend and she took a few steps back with her jaw to the ground and gave me a huge hug and started tearing up! She said I look amazing. That was the best reaction yet!

I went to the mall the other night by myself since my bra was getting so big (why did I have to loose 3 inchest THERE?? ) So I didn't move down in size around, but in cup size. Then I went into a store and tried on a 31 pants (waist size) and they fit! I also tried on a 30 but those were a bit snug. My friend gave me a size 10 jeans, they fit!! I can't even believe that 9 weeks ago I was a tight size 14 and now I fit into a 10! Just amazing.

Jess, I love your cake! That was so thoughtful of them.
MaryKate 89, you'll do just fine, I have made homemade Lasagne for my family and I just make sure I eat vegi's while I'm making it. Good luck!
Lesley, I had the same situation this morning. My boys were still sleeping and I was up at 7:30 ready to go! So much for sleeping in. I'll take the energy ANY day.
Coqui, good luck at WI, and I hope you get feeling better. Eat soup and sip some hot tea.
Carla, thanks for the Motivational thread, what a great idea (you are so smart!) loved everyone's posts. We all should refer to that often.
Have a great rest of the weekend all.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #10  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post

Love all of this! Thanks for putting it into words for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
pray for me im making my cheerleaders homemade lasgana tonight for their huge slumber party where everyone of them is bringing a covered dish and abag of chips or a soda! This shall be a test 15 years olds never understand why coach Mary Kate is eating a shake and they are having chick fil a!! I had one of my sweet younger girls tell me last week I was perfect and didn't need to loose any weight! LOVE her haha Rosemary I loved your I loves... this morning Congrats
You'd be surprised at what those 15 yo understand! My biggest fear in starting any diet was making the wrong impression on my teenage daughters. I have a 15 (16 in 3 weeks!), a 14 and a 12 year old. All girls and all perfect in body size. I worried that being obsessive about what I was eating would make them start to worry (unnecessarily) about what they were eating. Before starting IP my husband and I sat down with them and discussed what I was going to do and why. They were very understanding and have become great supporters. Best of all....not one is worried about her own weight or body image!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Wow Rosemary!! That was wonderful, I'm crying like a sissy now So very true, the small things that mean so much. I feel the same exact way.

I have a very nice NSV from my EX-mother in law. She came over to pick up my daughter for the weekend and she took a few steps back with her jaw to the ground and gave me a huge hug and started tearing up! She said I look amazing. That was the best reaction yet!
That is an Awesome nsv! Must have made your day. Congrats!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #11  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post

I went to the mall the other night by myself since my bra was getting so big (why did I have to loose 3 inchest THERE?? ) So I didn't move down in size around, but in cup size. Then I went into a store and tried on a 31 pants (waist size) and they fit! I also tried on a 30 but those were a bit snug. My friend gave me a size 10 jeans, they fit!! I can't even believe that 9 weeks ago I was a tight size 14 and now I fit into a 10! Just amazing.
Yay for that reaction from your mother in law! How wonderful! Can't wait to see what MY mom says on Thursday...

Heheheh to bra shopping - I've lost 6" off my bust, but I'm fairly certain it's all coming off my back rolls, rather than my cups as all my bras still fit the same. That's okay though - I go in for my consultation with the plastic surgeon for breast reduction 2 weeks from Wednesday and they need to stay "big enough" for the insurance company to approve it as a medical need! One of my coworkers that had it done told me that I should PUT ON 10 lbs to make sure the insurance company went for it. I told her I had worked too hard to put 10 lbs back on.

And yay for smaller jeans! I think that is the best part.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

You ladies are awesome. I love this diet, I love this forum. It is so nice to know your not alone on this quest for comfort in our own skin. My goal is to lose another 10 pounds at least by the end of January, when my husband and I go on our first vacation together (at least this type) to Cuba. For the month of Feb. Then the task will be to keep off the weight. We will not be going to an all inclusive, but on an adventure that will include hiking, and biking and who knows.... Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Height: 5'7

Rosemary! BRAVO and thank you!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #14  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

NSV alert: and the weird part? I've been in Phase 4 since September...

at the end of September I found this adorable red velvet tunic at Goodwill for $5. It fit great on my new IP body and I decided I could buy a pair of slinky black leggings and wear it with high heeled boots and look HOT for NYE for the first time in 20 years. I pulled it out of my closet today so I could go shopping for leggings and it no longer fits. It hangs like a bag! what the heck???

The only thing I can figure out? My own view of my body is continuing to change and what I thought looked like it "fit" before just really didn't. That I am finally seeing the true smaller me. I guess the good news it was only $5. The bad news is now I have to find something to wear for NYE! At least I can go shopping without crying in the dressing room, which is what happened last year.
Have a great IP weekend, everyone!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Congrats on your weight loss.. I see your under your starting goal. Good for you.
Think fitted tops... forget the tunics girlfriend!
But then again.... I like the look of tunics, with tights and sexy boots...
You Go Girl,..

Last edited by Lightweight; 12-18-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: adding more
Closed Thread