3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat - Mon, 20 Dec. 2010

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4

Default

Thank you so much everyone, I think I'll discuss it with my coach before I jump to phase 2. Keep up the good work everyone!
abtogo is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #17
Started IP May 25,2010
 
petiteandcute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 354

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtogo View Post
Hi All,

I've never used a forum before so I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly I think i posted a thread too by accident. Sorry!

I've been on Ideal Protein for 3 weeks and am down 12lbs. Since its the holiday season/going on vacation I was wondering if anyone knew of the repercussions of altering phase1. Basically I just want to add a meat or fish to my lunch rather than a packet and have my night time packet before dinner so that I have energy to go to the gym. I've been doing well so far but the price is getting to be a problem and by eliminating 1 packet a day the diet would be much more manageable on my wallet! I have a meeting with my coach in a couple days but I thought I would see what you all had to say. I've been following your threads and really appreciate all of the advice I've gained here!

Thanks!

Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by abtogo View Post
Thank you so much everyone, I think I'll discuss it with my coach before I jump to phase 2. Keep up the good work everyone!
I think your last post is a good decision. You have received some good advice from the chicks. The night time packet is to be eaten at that time for a reason. It gets your body through the night, so you won't burn muscle during the night. If I stand to be corrected,o.k. I have had the night snack even if I wasn't hungry. I have been and still am today on phase 1, yes it has been expensive. I will begin to phase off soon. I took on the expense for several reasons. I wanted to look and feel better, get my BMI down to normal, get my blood work to normal and decrease the chances of developing some serious health issues. I have accomplished all of that, now to keep the weight off permanently. I hope you will see fit to obtain your ideal weight too. Judy
__________________
petiteandcute is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #18
Started IP May 25,2010
 
petiteandcute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 354

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning all. It sounds like everyone is doing well during this extremely tempting season. I am still stalled after week 2 in phase 2. I did lose 3 lbs last week, but the two weeks before only lost a lb each and haven't lost anything this week. I am getting quite frustrated! I wanted to be in maintenance for at least 4 weeks before we go on our trip in late Feb. at this rate it isn't going to happen. If anyone can give me some pointers it would be most appreciated! I have followed everything to a "t", but seems like my body is rebelling and refuses to let go of the weight. I am at my goal weight, but must go down the 5 so that I can gain it back (I laugh when I say that and see the look on my hubby's face when I explained it to him just like that). ...anyway, if anyone has any pointers I would listen! Thanks, I hope everyone has a great, temptation free day!
Talk about stalling or being a slow looser, I'm your girl. Over the past 8 or 9 weeks I have loss a pound or less each week, then last week I loss 2.6 doing the same things every week. Back in the summer I sometimes loss 2 pounds a week. But at the end of this diet I will have accomplished my goal and that's what counts. If I had any pointers I would give them to you, in fact, I would have already used them myself. Hang in there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
..Hello Monday !! It has been a rough few days, surgery went well Wed...came home Thursday eve....MD removed some bad cervical discs and put a plate and 4 screws on the new 'donor' discs ....my back/neck/arm pain is GONE allready... However, this surgery is done by entering through the front of the throat....SO...I am still unable to eat solids...
THANK GOD FOR IP DRINKS AND PUDDINGS !!!!
I will go w daughter to WI Tues eve, not sure if I have lost because I have NOT eaten the veggies...and a few days I couldn't even swallow my 3rd IP packet.....I know that not eating doesnt always mean a loss !!

Congrads to all that had a great week!!! To those that fell off the IP wagon...what counts the most is that you got back ON !!! We will all win the battle of the 'bulge' one day at a time !!
HAVE A GREAT DAY !!! .........
My heart goes out to you during this time in your life. I pray for a great and steady recovery. It takes time for the body to heal and I think you know the great healer. Judy
__________________
petiteandcute is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #19
Pat R
 
hawndragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 101

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

Feeling confused and disheartened after WI#2-I lost lots of inches but .02 of a pound. BooHoo. I stayed on program and did not cheat at all....I did use 1 tsp of S/F creamer in a cup of coffee but that shouldn't have caused too much damage. I am on the Alt. Program. I'm sticking with it and am happy that the inches are down. That's something to be happy about. Just thought I'd share...onward to next week!
hawndragon is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Aunt Sheshie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: High Desert of West Texas, W102,N33
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 225-ish/156/138/(ideal 123)

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Feeling confused and disheartened after WI#2-I lost lots of inches but .02 of a pound. BooHoo. I stayed on program and did not cheat at all....I did use 1 tsp of S/F creamer in a cup of coffee but that shouldn't have caused too much damage. I am on the Alt. Program. I'm sticking with it and am happy that the inches are down. That's something to be happy about. Just thought I'd share...onward to next week!
Congrats on your inches lost!.. not only is that something to be happy about, it's something to be ECSTATIC about!.. inches lost are what's going to be visible to you when you look in the mirror & to other people, not a number on the scale... you're not going to have a set of scales everywhere you go to hop on & show your friends & family that number, are you?.. so, celebrate your wonderful accomplishment, instead of bemoaning something else...

hugs
__________________
Aunt Sheshie
~ What do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? ~
Mary Oliver
American Poet, Pulitzer Prize Winner

~ It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards. ~
Lewis Carroll


My Progress Photos
Aunt Sheshie is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 218

Default

Hi all. I got back from my WI this morning and I'm down another 3 pounds. Total lost is 39.2 in 10 weeks! My inches lost I don't keep very good track of that, but I'm very happy with that as well. It went down last week in waist and hips, but not arms and legs. This week it was opposite. So next week maybe it will take it off my rear end?? lol My size 12 jeans were getting baggy and my neighbor gave me a size 10 and they fit great! I love feeling this good and I love catching a glimpse in the mirror at the store and liking what I see instead of before, wondering, "Whoa, is that a trick mirror?"
Good job MedicMom for realizing that it wasn't worth feeling sick for going off plan, welcome back, good choice!
Petiteandcute, what determination you have! I did WW before and lost not even a pound the first week, so I gave up. I hand it to you for sticking with it!
I can't remember who said that IP is a lot cheaper than all the meds people have to take when they are overweight and of course the daily latte's, eating out, junk food, etc. I keep that in mind when I get to thinking that IP is expensive. You can make changes elsewhere, cable, phone, extras, etc. to help with the cost.
Have a great day all. Keep those "sweet packets" on hand for this week for helping with those temptations. And pickles and water.
AmyonIP is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Thumbs down

ok, JUST rx'd my walden farms order... i was so excited! the first thing i did was rip open the peanut butter of course LOL.... all I can say is its NASTY nasty nasty hhahhaha oh boy. Then tried the choc syrup.... not sure.... does not really resemble choc to moi..... tried taking an itty bitty amt of my choc IP pudding on a plate and mixing just a bit of the peanut butter... that was a resounding FAIL....same for the syrup...maybe the choc syrup will be better on the IP vanilla pudding? will try another time. Still have a bottle of WF mayo.... oh god. will try it with a can of tuna... AFTER the holidays maybe.....hahhha
__________________


Started IP Aug 4, 2010 / Starting ROUND TWO July 3 2014

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #23
Kimi
 
Peanuts Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Medicine Hat Alberta
Posts: 84

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Default

Well I wasn't really excited to go to WI tonight. I knew it was measurement day and with TOM I didn't really think I lost anything substantial. But here it is.
Down 3lbs
Arms 3/4"
Bust 2 3/4"
Waist 3 3/4"
Hips 2 1/4"
Leg 1"
All in all 10 1/2" total loss. Not too bad. I am pretty happy right now. Have a good evening everyone. Cya tomorrow!
__________________
Peanuts Mom is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #24
Pat R
 
hawndragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 101

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default So right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Congrats on your inches lost!.. not only is that something to be happy about, it's something to be ECSTATIC about!.. inches lost are what's going to be visible to you when you look in the mirror & to other people, not a number on the scale... you're not going to have a set of scales everywhere you go to hop on & show your friends & family that number, are you?.. so, celebrate your wonderful accomplishment, instead of bemoaning something else...

hugs
I guess I need to retrain the brain about the number on the scale. So funny cause I have a post-it that says, "A scale measures weight not worth." Years and years, I've been affected by the numbers on my scale. You are so right! Thanks for the reminder.
hawndragon is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,095

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Feeling confused and disheartened after WI#2-I lost lots of inches but .02 of a pound. BooHoo. I stayed on program and did not cheat at all....I did use 1 tsp of S/F creamer in a cup of coffee but that shouldn't have caused too much damage. I am on the Alt. Program. I'm sticking with it and am happy that the inches are down. That's something to be happy about. Just thought I'd share...onward to next week!
Sometimes a hug is all we can offer.

I really can't say anything new. I can just remind you of things you already know. We all are focused on the scale. We want to get to a "number" whether it is a number lost during a week or a goal.

IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT THE NUMBER. (not screaming, just emphasizing. )

This program is not simply a diet. It is a medical plan to improve your health. The purpose is not simply to lose weight. That means some weeks your body does things that may or may not be measurable. On those weeks focus on the non scale victories (NSV) like those inches lost.

Our body improves in health, inches lost, fat distribution, skin tone, cellulite appearance, and weight lost. Sometimes it all happens and sometimes something is missing. That is OK! You are looking for a total improvement.

Pat yourself on the back because, when the inches are going down quickly, you are losing fat within the muscle structure. Our fat is layered all over, around, and within. When it is marbled into the muscle, our muscles are bulkier but, it doesn't take as much fat for that to happen. When you lose the fat within the muscle, you will notice more of a change in size, truly lean meat (muscle) is tightly compact and dense therefore, smaller. It is in that stage you begin to reshape your appearance a bit.

You had a great week!! It was just a different week than you've seen before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi all. I got back from my WI this morning and I'm down another 3 pounds. Total lost is 39.2 in 10 weeks! My inches lost I don't keep very good track of that, but I'm very happy with that as well. It went down last week in waist and hips, but not arms and legs. This week it was opposite. So next week maybe it will take it off my rear end?? lol My size 12 jeans were getting baggy and my neighbor gave me a size 10 and they fit great! I love feeling this good and I love catching a glimpse in the mirror at the store and liking what I see instead of before, wondering, "Whoa, is that a trick mirror?"
...
I can't remember who said that IP is a lot cheaper than all the meds people have to take when they are overweight and of course the daily latte's, eating out, junk food, etc. I keep that in mind when I get to thinking that IP is expensive. You can make changes elsewhere, cable, phone, extras, etc. to help with the cost.
Have a great day all. Keep those "sweet packets" on hand for this week for helping with those temptations. And pickles and water.
Congratulations!! Those moments are so exciting!!

I am sure several of us have said that about IP; I know I have said it from the beginning. It is very true. My coach proved for his clients that this program with IP can be done for about 120.00 per week usa including all IP and groceries. When you think of 5 fast food meals a week at 5 to 6 bucks, plus a coffee (2.57) or specialty coffee(4.35) and a movie night with snacks (snacks 10.25 for one) a bag of chips (3.79) and a 2 liter of soda (2.39) and then you add the regular groceries (boxed cereal, syrup, tv dinners, etc another 60. - 80.00) you are actually spending less FOR SOME PEOPLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
ok, JUST rx'd my walden farms order... i was so excited! the first thing i did was rip open the peanut butter of course LOL.... all I can say is its NASTY nasty nasty hhahhaha oh boy. Then tried the choc syrup.... not sure.... does not really resemble choc to moi..... tried taking an itty bitty amt of my choc IP pudding on a plate and mixing just a bit of the peanut butter... that was a resounding FAIL....same for the syrup...maybe the choc syrup will be better on the IP vanilla pudding? will try another time. Still have a bottle of WF mayo.... oh god. will try it with a can of tuna... AFTER the holidays maybe.....hahhha
GOOD LUCK! The only success I have heard of with the mayo was to open it, add salt, white pepper, a bit of mustard, or other seasonings, stir, chill and then, use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Well I wasn't really excited to go to WI tonight. I knew it was measurement day and with TOM I didn't really think I lost anything substantial. But here it is.
Down 3lbs
Arms 3/4"
Bust 2 3/4"
Waist 3 3/4"
Hips 2 1/4"
Leg 1"
All in all 10 1/2" total loss. Not too bad. I am pretty happy right now. Have a good evening everyone. Cya tomorrow!

GREAT JOB!!!




WELL!!! It is time! I am leaving for the airport early in the morning. I will be in Virginia by mid afternoon and spend a full week back there. I am very excited and looking forward to seeing my sister and little nieces.

I will try to check in when I can. It won't be as often. Sheila (eatantz) will be working to keep the daily threads open. I will try when I can, I will be on east coast time so, if I can sign on, I will try to get things set up.

I propose we open the holiday weekend chat on Friday as I suspect many people will stay busy the three weekend days and there won't be more than 500 total posts.

I wish everyone a very wonderful week and happy holiday filled with many successes!
__________________
Carla


My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!



You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...
showgirlaz is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #26
Pat R
 
hawndragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 101

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Have a Wonderful and Safe Trip

[
WELL!!! It is time! I am leaving for the airport early in the morning. I will be in Virginia by mid afternoon and spend a full week back there. I am very excited and looking forward to seeing my sister and little nieces.

I will try to check in when I can. It won't be as often. Sheila (eatantz) will be working to keep the daily threads open. I will try when I can, I will be on east coast time so, if I can sign on, I will try to get things set up.

I propose we open the holiday weekend chat on Friday as I suspect many people will stay busy the three weekend days and there won't be more than 500 total posts.

I wish everyone a very wonderful week and happy holiday filled with many successes![/quote]

Thank you again for your wisdom and for the hug. I feel better already. Of course it is all true. No matter what, I am sticking with the program. The inches are wonderfull too.

Do have a fantastic time with your family and enjoy every moment of making more memories together. Merry Christmas Carla and safe travels. ~ Pat
hawndragon is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 189

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Default

Good evening everyone! I have a question for you IP experts out there and for anyone who can identify with the situation. I really need your help. My sister and my brother in law are amazed with the results I've gotten with IP so they want to follow it. My sister has no health issues, but her husband is diabetic. He takes insuline daily. He is very positive about attempting the program but it's worried his doctor won't allow him to do it. He will have to go to the Chiropractic Clinic I go and they do a physical exam there but I'm not sure my coach would be able to help him much because she is new and doesn't ever have any good answers for me. She is a nice person but not very IP knowledgeable. This forum has been great for me, so I hope I can get some comments about how safe IP is for a diabetic 49 year old male who needs to loose about 50 pounds. Thanks!
__________________
Coqui is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Traveling Stitcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 154

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Good evening everyone! I have a question for you IP experts out there and for anyone who can identify with the situation. I really need your help. My sister and my brother in law are amazed with the results I've gotten with IP so they want to follow it. My sister has no health issues, but her husband is diabetic. He takes insuline daily. He is very positive about attempting the program but it's worried his doctor won't allow him to do it. He will have to go to the Chiropractic Clinic I go and they do a physical exam there but I'm not sure my coach would be able to help him much because she is new and doesn't ever have any good answers for me. She is a nice person but not very IP knowledgeable. This forum has been great for me, so I hope I can get some comments about how safe IP is for a diabetic 49 year old male who needs to loose about 50 pounds. Thanks!
Is he Type I or Type II diabetic? I am type II (adult-onset) and am totally off insulin now! However, if he is Type I he need EXPERT guidance! He really should talk to his doc about this first.
__________________


One dancer for each 5 lbs. lost

Traveling Stitcher is offline  
Old 12-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #29
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,592

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Good evening everyone! I have a question for you IP experts out there and for anyone who can identify with the situation. I really need your help. My sister and my brother in law are amazed with the results I've gotten with IP so they want to follow it. My sister has no health issues, but her husband is diabetic. He takes insuline daily. He is very positive about attempting the program but it's worried his doctor won't allow him to do it. He will have to go to the Chiropractic Clinic I go and they do a physical exam there but I'm not sure my coach would be able to help him much because she is new and doesn't ever have any good answers for me. She is a nice person but not very IP knowledgeable. This forum has been great for me, so I hope I can get some comments about how safe IP is for a diabetic 49 year old male who needs to loose about 50 pounds. Thanks!
I'd be suspicious of any doctor who didn't support a diabetic's wish and determination to lose weight -- especially because there is a special program for diabetics. I think/hope his worry is baseless. Plus, it will be great that both he an your sister will be working together. Even though they will be on two slightly different approaches to the IP program, they should be able to handle it easily.
Linden is online now  
Old 12-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Traveling Stitcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 154

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
..Hello Monday !! It has been a rough few days, surgery went well Wed...came home Thursday eve....MD removed some bad cervical discs and put a plate and 4 screws on the new 'donor' discs ....my back/neck/arm pain is GONE allready... However, this surgery is done by entering through the front of the throat....SO...I am still unable to eat solids...
THANK GOD FOR IP DRINKS AND PUDDINGS !!!!
I will go w daughter to WI Tues eve, not sure if I have lost because I have NOT eaten the veggies...and a few days I couldn't even swallow my 3rd IP packet.....I know that not eating doesnt always mean a loss !!

Congrads to all that had a great week!!! To those that fell off the IP wagon...what counts the most is that you got back ON !!! We will all win the battle of the 'bulge' one day at a time !!
HAVE A GREAT DAY !!! .........
Oh wow! Brings back memories! I had 3 ruptured cervical discs too, have the plate, screws, etc.!! Same thing, they went in thru the front of the neck. I have had great success, and I pray you will too. The swelling takes awhile to go down but it is great that all that pain has improved for you! Make sure you get some good physical therapy afterwards. It's great you don't have to exercise with IP right away....just walking is enough of a challenge for now. Hope all goes well for you!
__________________


One dancer for each 5 lbs. lost

Traveling Stitcher is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat - Tues. 14 Dec. 2010 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 47 12-15-2010 02:56 AM
IP Daily Chat - Mon. 13 Dec. 2010 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 51 12-14-2010 08:05 AM
IP Daily Chat Tuesday December 7, 2010 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 86 12-08-2010 05:33 PM
IP Daily Chat - Mon. 6 Dec. 2010 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 90 12-07-2010 02:45 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2