IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 16 Dec. 2010

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    • AND
    • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

________

To read what you missed yesterday, check out the chat from Wednesday, December 16, 2010
  • Kudos
    Congratulations to all the losses yesterday. I was shocked at all the great losses despite the explosion of carb-loaded goodies appearing in everyone's offices and holiday parties. We are a strong minded group staying on protocol right now. I'm proud that everyone is so goal oriented here.

Carla, absolutely awesome news on your blood work. I need to schedule to go in for mine soon. Everyone out there in IP land, if there was ever an inspiration for this program, Carla is definitely the IP poster girl.

OK, I've dodged the morning routine and cold long enough. I hope every one has a great day.
  • Woke up this morning to find two new inches of snow. Took the dog out for its run and enjoyed the beauty of the freshly fallen snow. It is so beautiful when no one has walked in it yet and the animals outside are just waking up. Reminds me of when I was a child. My mom and I would take a walk in the evenings after a snow fall in town. We never talked too much, but we knew what each other was thinking. The smell of wood burning from neighbor's fireplaces, the calm and quiet, seeing people in their houses with their families. It wasn't dark out with the snow cover on the ground and the street lights would glisten with the flurries in the air. Ah, the memories.

Caught up on yesterday's thread. So many great things to celebrate for everyone! Congratulations to everyone! Pat yourselves on the back!

My Christmas season starts today! My daughter is flying in from the Phoenix area. I am so excited to see her! On Saturday my son graduates from the University of Iowa so that will be another special day. Lots of celebrations and getting my game head on to stay on protocol. Decided to host a graduation dinner at a very nice restaurant so I wouldn't be tempted to taste while I cooked. Plus no leftovers that way.

Have a great IP day everyone and take the time to enjoy what's around you.
  • Good morning all! STILL stuck at 171 and wont give up... its tough after 'tasting' the 169.5........ but I am determined to get deep into the 60's in the next week... to ensure the 70's are no longer a threat. Have a great day all!
  • Quote: Good morning all! STILL stuck at 171 and wont give up... its tough after 'tasting' the 169.5........ but I am determined to get deep into the 60's in the next week... to ensure the 70's are no longer a threat. Have a great day all!
    Ohhhh sooo close. Hang in there. Why is it that those new decades can be so tough to get and stay in? Looking forward to hearing that you have blasted into the mind 60's.
  • Quote: Ohhhh sooo close. Hang in there. Why is it that those new decades can be so tough to get and stay in? Looking forward to hearing that you have blasted into the mind 60's.

LOL 'blasted' I like that !!! yes for EVERY new set of 10's i stay stuck at the '1' mark 201/191/181 etc... for sometimes 4 days ! then poof i'm IN.....
  • Quote: Ohhhh sooo close. Hang in there. Why is it that those new decades can be so tough to get and stay in? Looking forward to hearing that you have blasted into the mind 60's.
    ps: i refuse to move my ticker UP....... uh uh...that is my personal inspiration to get BACK there.... have to find a ticket that shows the .5 difference
  • Quote: Woke up this morning to find two new inches of snow. Took the dog out for its run and enjoyed the beauty of the freshly fallen snow. It is so beautiful when no one has walked in it yet and the animals outside are just waking up. Reminds me of when I was a child. My mom and I would take a walk in the evenings after a snow fall in town. We never talked too much, but we knew what each other was thinking. The smell of wood burning from neighbor's fireplaces, the calm and quiet, seeing people in their houses with their families. It wasn't dark out with the snow cover on the ground and the street lights would glisten with the flurries in the air. Ah, the memories.

Caught up on yesterday's thread. So many great things to celebrate for everyone! Congratulations to everyone! Pat yourselves on the back!

My Christmas season starts today! My daughter is flying in from the Phoenix area. I am so excited to see her! On Saturday my son graduates from the University of Iowa so that will be another special day. Lots of celebrations and getting my game head on to stay on protocol. Decided to host a graduation dinner at a very nice restaurant so I wouldn't be tempted to taste while I cooked. Plus no leftovers that way.

WOW!! What wonderful memories!! I wish I could experience that once...I live in South Louisiana so I can count on 1 hand how many times I've seen snow!! I hope you enjoy your time with your family this week and make some new wonderful memories!!
  • Good morning all!!!

Today has been a lovely morning! COLD...but lovely

Told my boss that my last day of work is December 30th!!
    On january 5th I leave for my move to honolulu!!!
    By that time I should be about 20 pounds down and close to my goal weight!!
    2011 is my year to focus on me and my health and i'll be doing it in paradise!!!!!!

I am determined to stay on protocol even after the move and will be bringin about a months worth of IP packets!! There is only 1 IP supplier in HI and its not on Oahu

BUT...If all goes as planned I should be phasing off by february so I am bringin enough IP to get me through!!!

Thank goodness I will still have all of you wonderful people who motivate me daily

I hope everyone has a great day and is ready for the holiday, which is approaching at warp speed.....
  • Quote: Good morning all! STILL stuck at 171 and wont give up... its tough after 'tasting' the 169.5........ but I am determined to get deep into the 60's in the next week... to ensure the 70's are no longer a threat. Have a great day all!
    Stop checking the scale daily!!! Stay off of it until you go for your next weigh-in. I found I would stress about milestones and my weight would jump back and forth more when I was stepping on the scale daily and worrying about my weight. You will get over the hump, just keep doing everything on protocol and STAY AWAY FROM THE DARN SCALE!!
  • jules26-Wow! I'm so jealous of you!!! As I sit here thinking it's relatively warm today (-15C, 2F) I suddenly get reminded that not everyone needs to wear multiple layers of clothes every time they walk out the door. You're going at the perfect time too - just before the January freeze!
  • Getting ready for WI........

I have exactly 4 more WI's until I go back to classes and clinical.
  • Quote: Congratulations to all the losses yesterday. I was shocked at all the great losses despite the explosion of carb-loaded goodies appearing in everyone's offices and holiday parties. We are a strong minded group staying on protocol right now. I'm proud that everyone is so goal oriented here.

Carla, absolutely awesome news on your blood work. I need to schedule to go in for mine soon. Everyone out there in IP land, if there was ever an inspiration for this program, Carla is definitely the IP poster girl.
    I agree! The group we have right now is very determined! I remember last year during the holidays many people decided to take a break (some never came back), have a planned cheat (some could never get back on track the same way), or have a total cheat day (mixed opinions on if it was really worth it). This year so many seem to be choosing to just get through the next 10 days to 2 weeks. I like all the enthusiasm and determination to get to goal! It really is motivating.

You are too kind and you make me blush. Thank you for your words. I honestly don't believe I am the poster girl.

I look at the many people I have met on this board and think who was my inspiration, who did it just right and the people I recall are Novak, Chaplains Wifey, Jessica, Babs (she did it with Ideal to go), Jordanna (she was a real success, even got a much wanted baby out of the changes she created!), Rocky, Wannabe, Xanthia, Susan G, Dave, Josh, Dee Ann, and a few more. Not all lost a lot of weight, all of them had real dedication. I also look to people like Linden who had perfect compliance and dedication with a coach that was lacking in several ways and, a very slow loss rate that she had to figure out. Some people would say why bother, it isn't a pound or it's just a pound but, Linden kept going until her body finally responded in a better way.

So many others, you, Roz, Kelsey, Gaile, Calgary Girl, Pita, Erin, Svelting, Stacey, and I could go on (but for a poor memory that is only remembering avatar pictures ) You all had success and remained constant and supportive too. I like that for each person this can work with their issues and their lifestyle. I also like that we have an example of nearly every lifestyle for people to turn to. We have had people with PCOS/Insulin resistance, pre-diabetes, diabetes, thyroid problems, eating disorders, surgeries and illness, family stress and, traumas to overcome. This forum is so full of very determined and successful people who stuck it out despite many health issues or issues in general and got great results for their commitment!

Quote: Woke up this morning to find two new inches of snow. Took the dog out for its run and enjoyed the beauty of the freshly fallen snow. It is so beautiful when no one has walked in it yet and the animals outside are just waking up. Reminds me of when I was a child. My mom and I would take a walk in the evenings after a snow fall in town. We never talked too much, but we knew what each other was thinking. The smell of wood burning from neighbor's fireplaces, the calm and quiet, seeing people in their houses with their families. It wasn't dark out with the snow cover on the ground and the street lights would glisten with the flurries in the air. Ah, the memories.

I love that memory! Thank you for sharing. I am so happy for you to be seeing your daughter and having so many good things to rejoice in with your family during the next week! How exciting! I wish you all the best. I am sure you will have lots of support and understanding as you stay on plan.

Quote: Good morning all! STILL stuck at 171 and wont give up... its tough after 'tasting' the 169.5........ but I am determined to get deep into the 60's in the next week... to ensure the 70's are no longer a threat. Have a great day all!
    Quote: Good morning all!!!

Today has been a lovely morning! COLD...but lovely

Told my boss that my last day of work is December 30th!!
    On january 5th I leave for my move to honolulu!!!
    By that time I should be about 20 pounds down and close to my goal weight!!
    2011 is my year to focus on me and my health and i'll be doing it in paradise!!!!!!

I am determined to stay on protocol even after the move and will be bringin about a months worth of IP packets!! There is only 1 IP supplier in HI and its not on Oahu

BUT...If all goes as planned I should be phasing off by february so I am bringin enough IP to get me through!!!

Thank goodness I will still have all of you wonderful people who motivate me daily

I hope everyone has a great day and is ready for the holiday, which is approaching at warp speed.....

Sounds like you will be dealing with Linden's supplier or maybe our new HI member.

What is taking you to Hawaii? Are you all set up with a place and job? How long will you be there or is this a permanent move?
  • home from WI 200.8!! ahh so so close to onederland. I must say i do not care for this office manager that has been doing my WI's she is just sooo i dont know the word for it Blah I guess. When I stepped on the scale today she wrote my weight and water down and than says oo almost to 15 u sure a slow loser...I looked at her in disbelief....first off lets learn to add I'm now at16 pounds in 4 weeks,Im also a full time student who finds it hard to get her meals in but does it becauseI know I have to! I also lost 5 inches this week and she didn't say a word about it just ooo yeah theres a half a inch gone there... UGG Thank you everyone for being so supportive 3FC!! You guys keep me going. O and its snowing here yuck, our roads are awful and the boyfriend just left for night shift so the dog and I are in for the night in my p.j.s resting from a week of crazy finals!
  • Speaking of coaches....mine asked me to write a testimonial the other day and I am going to turn it down, but my husband says I should tell him why.

The chiropractor is the doctor sponsering the program but his mom and another lady do the "coaching." I literally HATE going to the office. The one lady looks my chart up and down, never compliments, always look for something I have done wrong, gets very snooty about the phase off rules (can't see outside the box) even after I lose 3.5 or more pounds week after week with only one bad week and that was 2 pounds. I find going there stressful. For awhile the mom was seeing me and she was awesome...happy cheerful...gave out hugs...supportive, etc.

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD BECAUSE YOU TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL....ESPECIALLY THANKFUL TO CARLA, DODOMOMMY, AVALYNN FOR SHARING HOW THEY WERE SUCCESSFUL THROUGH MESSAGES.

My coach has nothing to do with my success other then access to the food. I wish I could stop going there....I am very motivated without it. Again thankful to all of you for all the information that has helped me.

Also many thanks to the ladies back in September who convinced me to never step off protocol because I would regret it....I put that in my mind and now I am ready to face Las Vegas because I have been mentally prepared since all your posts back in September told me I would regret a cheat or two.

Again thank you to all of you....I am grateful for this board as it has been a big part of my motivation.