Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #31  
4me

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Weel first of all...CONGRATS!!!! You are almost to Onederland!!!! You are doing awesome!!! Keep it up!

second of all......that office lady is probably just jealous

And i agree with Carla.....Its so crazy that we are all doing so well despite the holiday season and all the treats we all have to politely decline...or in my case say "NO! get away from me with those! bad fatty treats bad!!!" lol.
Good for you! Congrats! Ignore the manager and celebrate YOU!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #32  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!!! I have not kept on on the daily chat for the past two weeks. I got back last Monday from a much-needed vacation. Visited with my son and his family, got to spend time with both of my grandsons, one of which I just met (he is 3 months old). I have to say, I did not stay on protocol completely (was a very bad girl), but at my weigh in yesterday I still managed to lose 5 pounds. Back on protocol now, fighting off a sinus infection (ugh) and happy with my weight loss. I will have to go back and read up on the chat from yesterday. It sounds like everyone has been making great strides with their weight loss. This is such a great site!!!!!

Everyone have a great evening!!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

Was at an office that I haven't been to in a while today for my work and got lots of compliments on my loss. Then I had someone try to force me to eat snacks that were in the office. I grabbed a couple cucumbers and she literally tried to harass me into eating pepperoni and cheese! Why do some people have a desire to sabatoge you?!?!?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #34  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammers View Post
Was at an office that I haven't been to in a while today for my work and got lots of compliments on my loss. Then I had someone try to force me to eat snacks that were in the office. I grabbed a couple cucumbers and she literally tried to harass me into eating pepperoni and cheese! Why do some people have a desire to sabatoge you?!?!?
Because they don't understand how you can be so dedicated and committed to your goal. Kudos to you for standing firm!!!!! Shame on them for trying to sabatoge you!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Good goin' Girl!!!!!
Wow...some people really can't stand when we make strides towards the better. It brings up their own s**t bigtime when someone steps outside the circle where people share destructive behavior, whether food, attitudes, etc...
THat's why I love this forum. A place to stay focused. A place where we're all on the same page. No judgement. There to support whether we're standing up or have fallen down and need help picking up the pieces. Yay everyone
Old 12-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

Judogirl- I have honestly considered doing this on my own! if they arent being supportive whats the point in going there? I hate that! I work hard for the the loss even if it is only a pound i worked hard for that pound and they should be as excited about it as i am! Im paying them 90 bucks a week that should excite them if nothing else does!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #37  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

I remember back in July when I was just about a month on the IP program and after losing a good deal of weight, I had a week where I lost 1.25 lbs. and my coach made the remark "that's not very much". Of course, I steamed silently because fat people don't say what their thinking....continued on the program and before you know it I had my revenge...when I go in for my WI's they never fail to tell me "look how tiny you are" and boy, doi they ever take pictures. Now they tell me I'm "fresh" because I say whatever I think. Someone here had a tagline on their signature that said "it's none of my business what other people think of me" and I have a copy of that on my desk at work....now I'm living that thought. Today I realized that I can buy anything I want to wear ....in any dept of the store...WOWEEEEEEEEEEEE

Marilyn
Old 12-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #38  

My coach has me take 2 cal mags twice a day. She suggests taking it at night before bed, but I forget a lot. Anyone take it at another time?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #39  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Well, I was up a pound today. It killed me a little to have to change my ticker! :-) I'm okay with it though - I know it will be gone next week. It's just a result of taking the weekend off, it's TOM and when I weighed last week, it was first thing in the morning (hadn't eaten anything) and this week, it was at 4:00 in the afternoon (post lunch, breakfast and 40 oz of water). I was down 1% body fat. I'm fully back on program (since Sunday afternoon) and am hoping that I hit 30 lbs loss by next Wednesday!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #40  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
My coach has me take 2 cal mags twice a day. She suggests taking it at night before bed, but I forget a lot. Anyone take it at another time?
I have two of those weekly pill cases - one for morning and one for night. This is what helps me remember to take my pills and which ones to take!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I have two of those weekly pill cases - one for morning and one for night. This is what helps me remember to take my pills and which ones to take!
I am thinking I may have to do that, and leave one in my upstairs bathroom for nights. Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I officially crossed the 80 pounds lost mark at my weigh in yesterday!

Awesome!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 12-16-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Stop checking the scale daily!!! Stay off of it until you go for your next weigh-in. I found I would stress about milestones and my weight would jump back and forth more when I was stepping on the scale daily and worrying about my weight. You will get over the hump, just keep doing everything on protocol and STAY AWAY FROM THE DARN SCALE!!
Totally agree! There have been times since I travel so much that I don't weigh in for 2 or 3 weeks at a time! Read, read, read! Is there anyone on these boards that have not lost weight while they carefully followed the program?? Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I agree I only weigh at the doctors office...so until then I have no idea what I have done and its better for me...the day before I do stress some..but I
know I have don't the best I could that week..and wow its going wonderful...
:s trong:
See? Another wise woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I understand - I give those numbers so much power at times. I have kind of changed my thinking about the numbers recently - I can't afford the lose of the inner peace I have found. I have been around since April, follow protocol continuopusly, and I have had weeks that I have soared high because of a huge loss. I have had weeks that I was low and depressed because I didn't lose anything, and in the end I have still lost 115 pounds. I could have done it 2 pounds every single week. My body chose to do it 3 pounds one week, 4 pounds another, and then 0 pounds for another. It has been that way since I started. It hasn't mattered that I had weeks that were massive or lean with weight loss, it has all ended up the same. If we follow protocol the weight will take care of itself. Maybe not in our timeframe, but in our bodies. If you are following the plan, the fat has to go somewhere eventually. Take your power back and stop giving it to things you can't change and use it for the things you can. Your progress is great and I admire you. Please keep up the good work and trust in the process.
Need we say more? Take care!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #44  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks everyone for your comments ---- this is a great site!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #45  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default Problems with dry/cracked skin

I am having an issue with my hands.

Not sure if it is weather-related --- since it has been bitterly cold here in southwestern Ontario, but has anyone else out there had problems with dry and cracked skin --- especially on the fingertips?

This has been happening to me now for about the past 3 weeks. The cracks do eventually heal, but it seems to take a long time and then a new crack appears.

I have been using Aveeno hand cream twice during the day and also lathering it on at night.

I have three fingers on which the corner near the nail has cracked open. Very sore and painful --- especially when typing. This is not good as I am a legal secretary and do lots of typing.

Could it be from a deficiency in not eating the dairy, fruits, etc.?

Looking to hear from anyone with similar complaints or any suggestions?

Thanks!
L
Closed Thread