3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 16 Dec. 2010

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #16
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
home from WI 200.8!! ahh so so close to onederland. I must say i do not care for this office manager that has been doing my WI's she is just sooo i dont know the word for it Blah I guess. When I stepped on the scale today she wrote my weight and water down and than says oo almost to 15 u sure a slow loser...I looked at her in disbelief....first off lets learn to add I'm now at16 pounds in 4 weeks,Im also a full time student who finds it hard to get her meals in but does it becauseI know I have to! I also lost 5 inches this week and she didn't say a word about it just ooo yeah theres a half a inch gone there... UGG Thank you everyone for being so supportive 3FC!! You guys keep me going. O and its snowing here yuck, our roads are awful and the boyfriend just left for night shift so the dog and I are in for the night in my p.j.s resting from a week of crazy finals!
Weel first of all...CONGRATS!!!! You are almost to Onederland!!!! You are doing awesome!!! Keep it up!

second of all......that office lady is probably just jealous

And i agree with Carla.....Its so crazy that we are all doing so well despite the holiday season and all the treats we all have to politely decline...or in my case say "NO! get away from me with those! bad fatty treats bad!!!" lol.

WI#1- 9 LB. LOSS
WI#2- 1 LB. LOSS
WI#3- 4 LB. LOSS
WI#4- 2 LB. LOSS
WI#5- 2 LB. LOSS
WI#6- 2 LB. LOSS
Old 12-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #17
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default Weigh-in ...

WI yesterday and I lost 6.

I am now 4 away from my goal and I am just thrilled!!!

Not sure, but I might continue on past my goal and try to lose another 10!!!!

Congrats to all out there on their success! Keep it going and don't give it --- this plan works!!!!

L

One for every 5 pounds lost:

:
Old 12-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #18

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

Jules! thank you so much you are such a great support! She probably is jealous shes doing this diet too but the lady at the front desk that rings me up said she lost 20 and gave up and is back on it so not to let her be such a debbie downer to me! haha I have 30 more pounds I really hope I can continue to knock 15 off a month and get there in 2 more months! I'd like to get lower than that at some point but I remember what I looked like at 170 and I just want to be there again and move onto phasing knowing I'm capable and can do this again if I ever want to get lower...I wll continue to follow an IP lifestyle for ever after this and I will be healthy and really I'm more concerned with getting into my size tens the number on the scale

a cheerleader for every 5lbs
Old 12-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #19

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattdev1976 View Post
I will be starting Ideal Protein Jan 1, 2011. I have read nothing but positive reviews about this diet and can't really find any negative reviews. I really need to lose 40-50lbs and I am ready to be committed. I had a second baby this past September and I am having a really hard time losing the weight this time around. I was going to start immediately but my Dr. felt that it would be best to move into it past Christmas to be 100% committed, so Jan 1 is kickoff. Any tips or advice to help get thru phase 1 would be deeply appreciated.
Moved from yesterday's conversations. I have provided links to the home page, newbie tips, and frequently asked questions on that page. Please share any additional help you can offer our new member!! THANKS!

If you wish to respond to KATT:
please quote me, then where the quote says QUOTE=showgirlaz;##### delete and replace what is inside both square brackets with THIS QUOTE=kattdev1976;3610607
finally delete all my remarks and respond to hers below which, begin in the color magenta.

kattdev1976: I will be starting Ideal Protein Jan 1, 2011. I have read nothing but positive reviews about this diet and can't really find any negative reviews. I really need to lose 40-50lbs and I am ready to be committed. I had a second baby this past September and I am having a really hard time losing the weight this time around. I was going to start immediately but my Dr. felt that it would be best to move into it past Christmas to be 100% committed, so Jan 1 is kickoff. Any tips or advice to help get thru phase 1 would be deeply appreciated.

My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!

You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...

Last edited by showgirlaz : 12-16-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I officially crossed the 80 pounds lost mark at my weigh in yesterday! I was at our dance studio last night and a student came in who hadn't been there in awhile and she was so surprised to see how much I had lost. She said I looked great!

I've started to set my goals in little increments now. I was very happy to get out of the 220's, now, I'd like to be below 215. I keep looking at that 'onederland' thread and thinking soon!

At this time of the year, there is so much to be thankful for, but I am particularly thankful that I found IP, have a great supportive coach and have made some new friends here!

Began IP 7/7/10 and lost 85 pounds--regained about 25. Back to finish what I started!
"If you can learn to master the moment of decision, you will master life." --Matthew Kelly
My Blog
Old 12-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #21
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Jules! thank you so much you are such a great support! She probably is jealous shes doing this diet too but the lady at the front desk that rings me up said she lost 20 and gave up and is back on it so not to let her be such a debbie downer to me! haha I have 30 more pounds I really hope I can continue to knock 15 off a month and get there in 2 more months! I'd like to get lower than that at some point but I remember what I looked like at 170 and I just want to be there again and move onto phasing knowing I'm capable and can do this again if I ever want to get lower...I wll continue to follow an IP lifestyle for ever after this and I will be healthy and really I'm more concerned with getting into my size tens the number on the scale
I completly agree about the number thing marykate.
I'm not super focused on a set number, just want to be at a point where i feel great in my clothes (and out of them..lol) and just living a healthy lifestyle. I never really have focused on the number so i cant even really say what number was on the scale at my thinnest....
All i know is my jeans from a year ago dont fit and they used to hang so nicely off me hips!!!! haha.
BUT they will soon hang again and i cannot wait until that day!! I am gonna do a dance in them!!!!! similar to this carrot dance..

WI#1- 9 LB. LOSS
WI#2- 1 LB. LOSS
WI#3- 4 LB. LOSS
WI#4- 2 LB. LOSS
WI#5- 2 LB. LOSS
WI#6- 2 LB. LOSS
Old 12-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #22

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
home from WI 200.8!! ahh so so close to onederland. I must say i do not care for this office manager that has been doing my WI's she is just sooo i dont know the word for it Blah I guess. When I stepped on the scale today she wrote my weight and water down and than says oo almost to 15 u sure a slow loser...I looked at her in disbelief....first off lets learn to add I'm now at16 pounds in 4 weeks,Im also a full time student who finds it hard to get her meals in but does it becauseI know I have to! I also lost 5 inches this week and she didn't say a word about it just ooo yeah theres a half a inch gone there... UGG Thank you everyone for being so supportive 3FC!! You guys keep me going. O and its snowing here yuck, our roads are awful and the boyfriend just left for night shift so the dog and I are in for the night in my p.j.s resting from a week of crazy finals!
UNBELIEVABLE!! WOW.. talk about trying to demotivate people. That's just not nice!

You are not a slow loser, definitely a fast one. She must be experiencing low carb brain! :P Next week you will be celebrating one-derland!!

I wish I were in PJs. The weather is ok, wet with rain and cool, but, I am heading out anyway. Have a great evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Speaking of coaches....mine asked me to write a testimonial the other day and I am going to turn it down, but my husband says I should tell him why.

The chiropractor is the doctor sponsering the program but his mom and another lady do the "coaching." I literally HATE going to the office. The one lady looks my chart up and down, never compliments, always look for something I have done wrong, gets very snooty about the phase off rules (can't see outside the box) even after I lose 3.5 or more pounds week after week with only one bad week and that was 2 pounds. I find going there stressful. For awhile the mom was seeing me and she was awesome...happy cheerful...gave out hugs...supportive, etc.

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD BECAUSE YOU TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL....ESPECIALLY THANKFUL TO CARLA, DODOMOMMY, AVALYNN FOR SHARING HOW THEY WERE SUCCESSFUL THROUGH MESSAGES.

My coach has nothing to do with my success other then access to the food. I wish I could stop going there....I am very motivated without it. Again thankful to all of you for all the information that has helped me.
He definitely needs to know. You are strong and have excelled without that help but, someone else might be really hurt or need assistance and not get it. You should share your observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post

Congrats to all out there on their success! Keep it going and don't give it --- this plan works!!!!

L
Congratulations!!! Your enthusiasm is so understandable! What a great Christmas gift you are giving yourself!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kattdev1976 View Post

kattdev1976: I will be starting Ideal Protein Jan 1, 2011. I have read nothing but positive reviews about this diet and can't really find any negative reviews. I really need to lose 40-50lbs and I am ready to be committed. I had a second baby this past September and I am having a really hard time losing the weight this time around. I was going to start immediately but my Dr. felt that it would be best to move into it past Christmas to be 100% committed, so Jan 1 is kickoff. Any tips or advice to help get thru phase 1 would be deeply appreciated.
Hi Katt!

One of the best things you can do is start reducing how many carbs you eat each day. Begin to eat more protein rich foods, increase veggies, and increase your water intake. It will help you make a better transition.

Are you still breastfeeding? I hope that isn't too intrusive, its just, if you are, you may wish to wait until you are done to start the program because your body will need more nutrition during this phase. OR, you could work closely with your doctor and coach to make sure you are getting enough calories and nutrition for you and the baby.

Good luck and I am glad you found us!

My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!

You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...
Old 12-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #23
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Only down 1lb and only -0.5" TOTAL this week. DH lost 5lb. Trying not to let it get to me, but obviously failing. My coach said it's probably my body in shock from the weight loss thurs far. TOM was last week... so that's not it. I drink 3L of water a day. I take all the supplements religiously. I wasn't weighing my food before but now I do that too. Boo

One for every 5lbs I have lost:

Last edited by SashaJS : 12-16-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #24
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post

L

So awesome....love the new picture. Go to what makes you happy.

Quote:
My goal is to end up between 165-170...we are the same height. Last time I was that weight I was a size 8. Right now at 197 I am a very comfy 12. I don't worry about the number as much as I do about the size and how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I officially crossed the 80 pounds lost mark at my weigh in yesterday! I was at our dance studio last night and a student came in who hadn't been there in awhile and she was so surprised to see how much I had lost. She said I looked great!

I've started to set my goals in little increments now. I was very happy to get out of the 220's, now, I'd like to be below 215. I keep looking at that 'onederland' thread and thinking soon!

At this time of the year, there is so much to be thankful for, but I am particularly thankful that I found IP, have a great supportive coach and have made some new friends here!
AWESOME....I know you will be in onderland soon enough, but you have kicked butt....great job:carrot :

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Only down 1lb and only -0.5" TOTAL this week. DH lost 5lb. Trying not to let it get to me, but obviously failing. My coach said it's probably my body in shock from the weight loss thurs far. TOM was last week... so that's not it. I drink 3L of water a day. I take all the supplements religiously. I wasn't weighing my food before but now I do that too. Boo

YUCK to your coach...keep up the good job.

: each 5 gone!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ze-18-8-a.html
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]
Cheers...to a lifetime of health...and to a time when I can have a real toast...but in moderation!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #25

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
You go girl....don't let those negative people ruin your wonderful loss...
next time you go in..say hey last time I was here you really discouraged me...
can you please try to be more of a cheerleader instead of a chain...
You keep it up..Wed I just dropped under 200 for the first time in many many years..I was so happy jumping up and down and the nurses all got into it...
so if you have to tell the doctor she is a drag maybe someone else can weigh you and give you that lift and sparkle we all need when we weight...
if they don't we will...:ca rrot:
Old 12-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #26

Quote:

Thats great....maybe one day they will have you on dancing with the Stars..hee hee...keep going...
Old 12-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Stop checking the scale daily!!! Stay off of it until you go for your next weigh-in. I found I would stress about milestones and my weight would jump back and forth more when I was stepping on the scale daily and worrying about my weight. You will get over the hump, just keep doing everything on protocol and STAY AWAY FROM THE DARN SCALE!!
I agree I only weigh at the doctors office...so until then I have no idea what I have done and its better for me...the day before I do stress some..but I
know I have don't the best I could that week..and wow its going wonderful...
:s trong:
Old 12-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #28
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Speaking of coaches....mine asked me to write a testimonial the other day and I am going to turn it down, but my husband says I should tell him why.

The chiropractor is the doctor sponsering the program but his mom and another lady do the "coaching." I literally HATE going to the office. The one lady looks my chart up and down, never compliments, always look for something I have done wrong, gets very snooty about the phase off rules (can't see outside the box) even after I lose 3.5 or more pounds week after week with only one bad week and that was 2 pounds. I find going there stressful. For awhile the mom was seeing me and she was awesome...happy cheerful...gave out hugs...supportive, etc.

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD BECAUSE YOU TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL....ESPECIALLY THANKFUL TO CARLA, DODOMOMMY, AVALYNN FOR SHARING HOW THEY WERE SUCCESSFUL THROUGH MESSAGES.

My coach has nothing to do with my success other then access to the food. I wish I could stop going there....I am very motivated without it. Again thankful to all of you for all the information that has helped me.

Also many thanks to the ladies back in September who convinced me to never step off protocol because I would regret it....I put that in my mind and now I am ready to face Las Vegas because I have been mentally prepared since all your posts back in September told me I would regret a cheat or two.

Again thank you to all of you....I am grateful for this board as it has been a big part of my motivation.
I'm shocked that coaches can behave so badly! If my coach had behaved that way I probably would have just walked away. Congratulations ladies, on sticking it out and finding support here instead!

JonathanandZeus Love the new Avatar! You look great!

Quote:

Quote:
Don't let it get you down. Men tend to lose faster then women so don't compare yourself to DH. Look back in the forum...we all have a week or two where our expectations weren't met. It's usually followed by a good week, so look forward to that!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #29
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I understand - I give those numbers so much power at times. I have kind of changed my thinking about the numbers recently - I can't afford the lose of the inner peace I have found. I have been around since April, follow protocol continuopusly, and I have had weeks that I have soared high because of a huge loss. I have had weeks that I was low and depressed because I didn't lose anything, and in the end I have still lost 115 pounds. I could have done it 2 pounds every single week. My body chose to do it 3 pounds one week, 4 pounds another, and then 0 pounds for another. It has been that way since I started. It hasn't mattered that I had weeks that were massive or lean with weight loss, it has all ended up the same. If we follow protocol the weight will take care of itself. Maybe not in our timeframe, but in our bodies. If you are following the plan, the fat has to go somewhere eventually. Take your power back and stop giving it to things you can't change and use it for the things you can. Your progress is great and I admire you. Please keep up the good work and trust in the process.

Last edited by rosemary2612 : 12-16-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #30
4me

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Just wondering if it would work making the pudding at home and packing it for lunch so I don't have to mix it at work.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.