IP Daily Chat - Tues. 14 Dec. 2010

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: FINALLY after 4 weeks of bouncing up and down with the same few lbs I lost 4.2lbs.!!!! It sure felt good!!!!

I go through jars of the WF Raspberry fruit spread, I make the Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing for my salads AND my DH has taken a liking to it to!! It is sooooo good!!!

A bit warmer here today only minus 15C. (the weekend was brutal minus 36C)

to all the Newbies...you will love this eating plan and especially this forum!!!!

For all the NSV , they are awesome!!

Have a great day!!!
    Whoa! the WF raspberry jam would make an Awesome dressing!!! Thanks for the idea
  • Does anyone have any ideas for a work christmas party? We are doing finger foods, I just keep thinking a veggie tray. Any suggestions for the holiday season? Thanks!
  • sun dried tomatoes????
    are sun dried tomatoes IP friendly??? (restricted yes...to 2 cups a week)

but can i use them within the 2 cups a week limitation????

Thanks!!!!
  • Quote: are sun dried tomatoes IP friendly??? (restricted yes...to 2 cups a week)

but can i use them within the 2 cups a week limitation????

Thanks!!!!
    There are 30 grams of carbs in a cup of sun dried tomatoes.
  • Quote: There are 30 grams of carbs in a cup of sun dried tomatoes.
    WOW that is high
  • Quote: Does anyone have any ideas for a work christmas party? We are doing finger foods, I just keep thinking a veggie tray. Any suggestions for the holiday season? Thanks!

We had finger foods at a Christmas party a couple weeks ago. This is what I did. I seasoned some asparagus with sea salt, pepper and garlic sea salt, sprinkled with a bit of grape seed oil. I took about 4 or 5 asparagus and wrapped it in IP approved ham and baked them for about 30 - 45 minutes. I made about 2 cups worth of asparagus. They were delicious!!! Everyone was wanting to eat MY finger foods!!
  • Quote: are sun dried tomatoes IP friendly??? (restricted yes...to 2 cups a week) but can i use them within the 2 cups a week limitation????:
    yes, but....remember that the 2 cups is before they were dried, so you will need to kind of "eyeball" how many of them makes a whole tomato. (Or I guess you could do the math by backing out of the 1 cup=30 grams, so compare that to the info on the package and to the info for a fresh whole tomato?) The flavor is so intense, you wouldn't need many, that's for sure.

also, some come dried and some in olive oil, so be sure to count the oil if you buy that kind.

Good for you btw, for exploring these kinds of choices. This is exactly what IP is all about--learning how to eat appropriately in what we eat and in how much. I learn new things on this board every day and it's great to know that everyone is here to help each other!
  • Quote: I did this last night!
    Choc pudding....and melted the raspberry WF jam!! It was tasty!!!

It sounds better with the vanilla though...I have been jonesing for CHEESECAKE!!!!

I found an awesome very low carb cheesecake recipe that i will be preparing for christmas for my mom and i to enjoy but still stay very close to protocol!!!

Cant wait to try it!!!
    Please share your Cheesecake Recipe
  • I've got the Valentine's Day challenge file link in my signature. If you are interested in joining, please sign up in the other thread.

Jess
  • I was kind of surprised at my WI this morning. I started Phase 2 last Wednesday, so it's been nearly a week. I was down almost 6 lbs. from last week. That's a seriously good IP week.

Hitting Phase 3 next week, so we'll see what impact that has, but I am looking forward to enjoying Christmas breakfast by eating something a bit more substantial than an IP shake...
  • Quote: WOW that is high

4 tbsp of sundried tomatoes has 1.5 grams of carbs

On a salad because they have intense flavor only 2 tbsp (if that) is really needed so unless you just sit down and eat a can its fine!
  • Quote: I was kind of surprised at my WI this morning. I started Phase 2 last Wednesday, so it's been nearly a week. I was down almost 6 lbs. from last week. That's a seriously good IP week.

Hitting Phase 3 next week, so we'll see what impact that has, but I am looking forward to enjoying Christmas breakfast by eating something a bit more substantial than an IP shake...
    6 lbs??? OMG that is fantastic ! congrats
  • Quote: I was kind of surprised at my WI this morning. I started Phase 2 last Wednesday, so it's been nearly a week. I was down almost 6 lbs. from last week. That's a seriously good IP week.

Good for you Dave! Amazing what a little 'shake-up' can do to our bodies, eh?
  • Does anyone have an accurate caculator or chart that reflects your ideal weight based on height, body frame, age, ect?

WOW...that is awesome!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your success!!!