Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:50 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 9 Dec. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

_____

Review yesterday's daily chat thread - Wednesday, December 8th, 2010

Last edited by EatAnts; 12-09-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #2  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
My DH has icecream, cookies, pies, cakes (I do bake for him also) - his motto is "you don't need to diet, you need to burn your calories" - He eats all that stuff and goes to the gym after work and burns 1500+ doing cardio. I used to get fustrated with all the sweets looking at me, but not anymore, I just ignore and if I really want something sweet I get a pudding - I look at the good part of it, how strong I am overcoming temptation -
Hang in there. It took me buying my boyfriend a BodyBugg (I already had one) for him to see how many more calories he burns than me a day. On a day of rest, he'll burn 3300 calories/day and I will burn 2000. If it is a Saturday where we are both getting a lot of cardio between working out and errands, he can easily burn 4500/day and I will be lucky if I hit 3000/day. Men definitely have a huge advantage on burning through calories that we (as women) do not. The realization to my BF got him to not be so encouraging for me to have another slice of pizza or have a dessert because he wanted one guilt free. PS. It woke him up so much he was the one that suggested we both do IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi all, well I survived the cookie exchange today. I had 5 dozen different types of all homemade cookies/goodies. I took a few plates worth to the neighbors just to get some out of the house. Boy they smelt good. I hadn't seen a lot of the women since I started IP and 4 of them commented on my weight loss and what have I been doing? That was great, because I hadn't told any of them that I was loosing weight, they asked me first.
I was on my way out the door to drop daughter off to dance, and my mom called. She told me that she was in a car wreck.....in my car that we had let her borrow yesterday while her car was in the shop. She was going straight on the highway and a car turned into her. Air bags deployed and all. She was bruised up a bit, but if it had been a second later, she would have hit them, and they had a 3 year old and a 6 mo old in their car. Thank God everyone walked away and is ok. So it's 7:30 and it's WAY past dinner time for me, but with all the comotion I wasn't hungry after wards when everyone went to Jack in the Box.
I read through the posts and great job all! There is a ton of great advice and info on here, I'll have to go back and re-read. Have a good night all. My nerves are shot so I'm going to bed soon.
Amy, I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing ok from the car wreck. It is scary to hear about.

Congrats on your NSVs yesterday. It is great when people compliment you when you haven't told them you are trying to lose weight. Also, congrats on resisting the cookies. My mom has a cookie exchange every year and often brings meringue cookies. This year we found a recipe for her to make them with Splenda and they turned out awesome. She made some as stated with vanilla extract and they tasted like toasted marshmallows. She also made some with peppermint extract. You can eat about 2-3 cookies (depending on size) if you skip having a restricted item on the same day.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM   #3  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

We had some great news last night -- my son and his girlfriend announced their engagement Glad I am already as far as I am on IP so I won't need to shy away from the camera -- and I will have IP to rely on as we go into this planning time
Old 12-09-2010, 07:28 AM   #4  

Good morning. Just a quick "pop-in" to say hi! I'm doing well and have maintained my lbs and fat lost. I do seem to be reshaping a little. It's probably time to stop talking about more exercise and start doing it.

Had an interesting NSV: I was away for a week in the Caribbean and did not get nearly as sunburnt as I normally would. In fact, I've actually got a more "healthy" colour than I've ever had in my adult life. In addition to the IP supplements during Phases 1-4, I added Vit. D3 gel caps. I think the increased sun tolerance was probably a combination of the D3 and the low- to lower-carb way I've been eating since early July.

Linden Hope your thyroid test goes well and that your pup and cat find it in themselves to be more, ummm, compliant?

salesgod Hope you don't mind flowers: again on your results. Your determination and commitment are inspiring. As is often the case, your account of the dinner was amusing and eye-opening! I have had a few situations where I've passed up off-program foods and eaten little or nothing until I could my hands on something on-program. Thanks for posting your experience at the dinner -- the reminder is always helpful.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all and congrats on all the successes today! My total for today's food log is as follows. Please let me know if the numbers look ok:

Total calories = 568 protein = 77 fat = 14 carbs = 31

yesterday... with the peanut butter entered my stats were:

cal: 683 protein: 84 fat: 22 and carbs: 42.....I went .5 this morning... comments? anything you can offer for advice is greatly appreciated
Old 12-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #6  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Good morning everyone. Sounds like everyone is heading into the holidays with lots of motivation and/or planning on how to handle all the extra temptations.
I'm into week #9 and have finally noticed an increase in energy. I have always been high energy but this boost is great. Hope it lasts for a bit so I can finish up lots of things at work and get some general cleaning done before the holidays! I've added some omega III's and additional minerals too, so that may have something to do with it.
Hope everyone has a very successful IP day!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #7  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
We had some great news last night -- my son and his girlfriend announced their engagement Glad I am already as far as I am on IP so I won't need to shy away from the camera -- and I will have IP to rely on as we go into this planning time
Yay!!! Congrats!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Good morning. Just a quick "pop-in" to say hi! I'm doing well and have maintained my lbs and fat lost. I do seem to be reshaping a little. It's probably time to stop talking about more exercise and start doing it.

Had an interesting NSV: I was away for a week in the Caribbean and did not get nearly as sunburnt as I normally would. In fact, I've actually got a more "healthy" colour than I've ever had in my adult life. In addition to the IP supplements during Phases 1-4, I added Vit. D3 gel caps. I think the increased sun tolerance was probably a combination of the D3 and the low- to lower-carb way I've been eating since early July.
Congrats on the NSV! We are going away in Feb (hopefully!) I might try the Vit D drops - I sure could use more sunshine in these darn prairie winters!!!

Also - Thanks for the reply in the Info for Canadian Ip'ers thread with that darn Tamari sauce (I will find it yet!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all and congrats on all the successes today! My total for today's food log is as follows. Please let me know if the numbers look ok:

Total calories = 568 protein = 77 fat = 14 carbs = 31

yesterday... with the peanut butter entered my stats were:

cal: 683 protein: 84 fat: 22 and carbs: 42.....I went .5 this morning... comments? anything you can offer for advice is greatly appreciated
Hi Loosing for good! How are you keeping track of all that info?? Is there some sort of counter? Or do you do it manually?? Sorry I can't help decipher, but I am just curious how you do this. I havent been keeping track of that sort of stuff, but maybe I should be!!!

Goodmorning all!!!

I am feeling much better after seeing the scale drop yesterday! I think I have punished myself enough and can move on with the program. Let me tell you, I learned my lesson and will NEVER cheat again.

Last night - I had shepherds pie. It was soo goood. (Thanks Mrs. Deittrich for the idea) It is Carla's Grandmothers Meatloaf, topped with mashed cauliflower. Uuuuugggghhh!!! I want more right now. And so easy!!!

Have a great IP day everyone!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

I had a funny NSV yesterday! My 3 year old got a hold of my camera and took a picture of my butt. I was looking through the pictures at the end of the day, and was not embarrassed or disturbed by the picture! LOL!

A SV is also in order, I FINALLy went into the 150's! My WI#10 was of a small loss, but a huge victory at 159 Pounds! I had a tonne of cheats this week AND have been in bed ill since Tuesday. It's been a terrible week for staying on protocol, with my X being here, being sick, and just plain loss of will power.

I am headed back to bed with my headache and bedspins and fever!

Journeysend - I am sorry for your loss, and didn't realize that we were related through marriage. My Mom is also a cousin. I won't be going to the funeral today, I am far to sick to be around people. Thoughts and prayers to everyone who is hurting today, and forever.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Yay!!! Congrats!!!!

Congrats on the NSV! We are going away in Feb (hopefully!) I might try the Vit D drops - I sure could use more sunshine in these darn prairie winters!!!

Also - Thanks for the reply in the Info for Canadian Ip'ers thread with that darn Tamari sauce (I will find it yet!!!)

Hi Loosing for good! How are you keeping track of all that info?? Is there some sort of counter? Or do you do it manually?? Sorry I can't help decipher, but I am just curious how you do this. I havent been keeping track of that sort of stuff, but maybe I should be!!!

Goodmorning all!!!

I am feeling much better after seeing the scale drop yesterday! I think I have punished myself enough and can move on with the program. Let me tell you, I learned my lesson and will NEVER cheat again.

Last night - I had shepherds pie. It was soo goood. (Thanks Mrs. Deittrich for the idea) It is Carla's Grandmothers Meatloaf, topped with mashed cauliflower. Uuuuugggghhh!!! I want more right now. And so easy!!!

Good morning!

I log my food every day via my Jillian Michaels membership which I signed onto a longgg time ago.... it does all the calculations for me. I looked BACK at like June when I was going to the gym maybe 2x a day and making sure I stay at 1200 cal...and you know what??? I saw that back in those days, I was taking in over 100 + in CARBS alone... no WONDER the # on the scale was not moving !!!!!! I have learned so much with IP
Old 12-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Yay!!! Congrats!!!!

Goodmorning all!!!

mmmmmm that sounds good with the mashed cauliflower...can you pass it to me? thanks
Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #11  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning All,
I have a sort of weird yet great thing happening to me right now. I have an allergy to iodine, my face breaks out like crazy. At near 40 after having no processed foods filled with salt, no fast food french fries etc, my face has finally cleared up!!. I am amazed because I had gotten rid of iodized salt in my house but didn't realize how much was in all the other food I was eating. Yay! Have a great day!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #12  

i get to work super early...so eat my IP pudding at like 7am... now it is 941 and I am getting HUNGER pangs... drinking water like crazy to stay away from the peanut butter... almost 8 cups gone already.... stll a long time to go till lunch??? dont want to dip into my lunch veggies as then my lunch will be SMALL.........any advice to help me out ?????
Old 12-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #13  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
i get to work super early...so eat my IP pudding at like 7am... now it is 941 and I am getting HUNGER pangs... drinking water like crazy to stay away from the peanut butter... almost 8 cups gone already.... stll a long time to go till lunch??? dont want to dip into my lunch veggies as then my lunch will be SMALL.........any advice to help me out ?????
BACK AWAY FROM THE PEANUT BUTTER!!! lol.

If i get hungry before lunch I normally make a cup of hot tea. I find that the warmth fills me up! MANY really good flavored IP friendly teas out there!

Have a great day!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
BACK AWAY FROM THE PEANUT BUTTER!!! lol.

If i get hungry before lunch I normally make a cup of hot tea. I find that the warmth fills me up! MANY really good flavored IP friendly teas out there!

Have a great day!!!!!!
hahhahhahah THANK YOU... I will run down to the SUBWAY mmmmmm and get an extra lge coffee........... as my water is done....and I am freezing
Old 12-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #15  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post

Linden Hope your thyroid test goes well and that your pup and cat find it in themselves to be more, ummm, compliant?

salesgod Hope you don't mind flowers: again on your results. Your determination and commitment are inspiring. As is often the case, your account of the dinner was amusing and eye-opening! I have had a few situations where I've passed up off-program foods and eaten little or nothing until I could my hands on something on-program. Thanks for posting your experience at the dinner -- the reminder is always helpful.
D3 is a spactacular supplement!!!! I take it as well!!! My skin has never looked better! it just glows!!!!!! Lovin it!

D3 rocks!!!
Closed Thread