3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Anyone on the Alternative Protocol? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/219238-anyone-alternative-protocol.html)

boyz4us 03-20-2015 08:37 AM

Today is Day #1 for me. Double Alternatives: Alternative foods on Alternative Protocol.

Cath138 05-09-2016 03:45 PM

Hello everyone,
I started phase 1 of the Alternative protocol today. I did the regular protocol for 5 weeks, but I kept cheating and feeling like sh*t. So I'm trying this and I've been going crazy not exercising. Starting weight: 278.9 lbs and 51.7% BF. I will keep updating on my progress!

canadjineh 05-11-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cath138 (Post 5258594)
Hello everyone,
I started phase 1 of the Alternative protocol today. I did the regular protocol for 5 weeks, but I kept cheating and feeling like sh*t. So I'm trying this and I've been going crazy not exercising. Starting weight: 278.9 lbs and 51.7% BF. I will keep updating on my progress!

You can exercise if you wish... just try to keep it fairly low key - no HITT for example. There are threads on here how to do C25K, and other exercise ideas too. Try to focus on keeping to plan as you will have the best results that way. Alternative Plan is a bit slower, but if it helps you stick to it, that's the best! Try to stay away from your 'trigger' flavours if you can. If you were a sweets person, try not to concentrate your packets on the desserty things, if you were a salty crunch person try to stay away from the chiplike packets.

Liana

explore 06-20-2016 11:18 AM

I am going to try a few weeks of the alternative program before diving into a full phase one protocol. I don't want to stop exercising, and I have less to lose (15-20 pounds) with no urgency to lose it. I just want to be healthy and feel good. Is anyone out there currently doing this program?
I'm going to the IP center today to pick up my first order.

canadjineh 06-20-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by explore (Post 5265974)
I am going to try a few weeks of the alternative program before diving into a full phase one protocol. I don't want to stop exercising, and I have less to lose (15-20 pounds) with no urgency to lose it. I just want to be healthy and feel good. Is anyone out there currently doing this program?
I'm going to the IP center today to pick up my first order.

Hi explore... I did half my program with the Alternative Plan and lost 31 lbs (actually a bit more because I lost extra in phase 3 and maintenance (without trying)). Ask away and I'll post any help I can. Let us know how things go.
Liana

explore 06-20-2016 02:28 PM

Hi Liana, Thank you for the support. Did you lose slower doing alternative phase. It is my understanding that I won't be going into ketosis, is that correct? I just want to feel good, and be able to exercise and eat healthy doing this diet. What were your reasons for choosing this phase? I would love any feedback on your experience.

Jill

canadjineh 06-20-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by explore (Post 5266022)
Hi Liana, Thank you for the support. Did you lose slower doing alternative phase. It is my understanding that I won't be going into ketosis, is that correct? I just want to feel good, and be able to exercise and eat healthy doing this diet. What were your reasons for choosing this phase? I would love any feedback on your experience.

Jill

Hi Jill:
Actually... I lost more consistently on alternative plan. I started with the regular plan and did OK for about a month & a half, then I started to feel very lethargic and ill and did not lose weight/inches (a stall) for a while. My coach & I figured out that I was not getting enough food to help me lose the rest of the weight so we upped the carbs & calories a bit with the Alternative Plan. Almost immediately I started to have more energy and felt better and started to lose fat again. I actually continued to lose weight throughout the P3 phase and even went 4 lbs below my goal several months into maintenance (without trying to - but a bit too low for me at my age now - it was OK when I was 25, lol). Nutritional Ketosis is generally under 50g carb so yes you can still be in ketosis, and many people lose on lower carb at higher levels than that anyhow.
A rather eye opening experiment is to figure out how many carbs you used to eat in a normal day (even if you ate unprocessed 'healthy' foods, there were likely a lot from whole grains, higher carb veggies and fresh fruit). Compare it with the amount of carbs you might eat in a day on the Alternative Plan and you will still see a huge difference.

explore 06-20-2016 08:30 PM

That's exactly what I was so fearful of- that lethargy I experienced when I did phase one. Day one of the alternative phase and I feel amazing! I worked out with a ton of energy. I feel like I ate more food than if I wasn't on a diet, but I am more fulfilled and have less cravings.
I'm very excited.

Aria05 06-29-2016 03:45 AM

Hi Guys, I am starting IP again and this time I am using alternative products!! Below is my plan for week 1:
B-quest or Jay Robb shake
L-2 whole eggs or 1 egg + 2 egg whites
D-8oz meat
Snack- quest chips (can't eat bars anymore:()
I eat veggies thruout the day and have no trouble eating my quota.
I will appreciate your input & suggestions!! Thank you!!

canadjineh 07-04-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aria05 (Post 5267800)
Hi Guys, I am starting IP again and this time I am using alternative products!! Below is my plan for week 1:
B-quest or Jay Robb shake
L-2 whole eggs or 1 egg + 2 egg whites
D-8oz meat
Snack- quest chips (can't eat bars anymore:()
I eat veggies throughout the day and have no trouble eating my quota.
I will appreciate your input & suggestions!! Thank you!!

Hi Aria: I think you may want to post this on a different thread as this is the alternative plan/diabetic plan/athletic plan as opposed to using alternative products. I know there's another thread out there on this and many good tips on it. Good for you though!! Welcome back!
Liana