3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Anyone on the Alternative Protocol? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/219238-anyone-alternative-protocol.html)

lisa32989 10-05-2013 12:20 PM

How long on AP?

patns 10-05-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyHar (Post 4788521)
Is this alternative plan something new? I had been on the original plan and lost about 25 pounds. I am so upset with myself for gaining it back. I just did a major move and stressed out and ate and ate and ate all my original bad habit stuff. So here I am ready to start over but I cannot afford to get back on it with the prices. Any suggestions? I'm ready to lose a good 20 again :)

Please note, many people confuse the alternative plan with using alternative products. What rainbow was asking about was the official IP plan for diabetics.
If your main concern is finacial you are probably looking for info about alternative products. There is much info about this on the site including in the stickies on the daily or weekend post each day.

prettygirlusaf 01-21-2014 09:19 AM

I think I want to try to get onboard with this again. I have strayed..........not gained any lbs just inches in the wrong areas. Funny how that happens. Anyways, I know what I need to do, just need to do it!!!

prettygirlusaf 01-21-2014 09:22 AM

I have used this site for a few years and don't know how to find the stickies?? Unless I am doing it and don't know it???

IdealProteinNewbie 01-21-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettygirlusaf (Post 4924800)
I have used this site for a few years and don't know how to find the stickies?? Unless I am doing it and don't know it???

Stickies are posted above all the IP threads. It's written in red font.

Dtnt2000 02-17-2014 08:03 PM

Yes NashuaNutrition is an excellent source of alternative products for this program. The IP lady I check in with stocks Health Wise products for those who are maintenancing. I used the Health Wise prod. for my second round in loosing because it was cheaper and had great success with it. Now I find that the Health Smart and Protidiet on Nashua Nutrition are identical even the images on the box just a titled differently. I KNEW there had to be alternative products for IP. There can never be just one company that holds all the cards someone somewhere will have the same thing. :)

JLUS 02-17-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dtnt2000 (Post 4945872)
Yes NashuaNutrition is an excellent source of alternative products for this program. The IP lady I check in with stocks Health Wise products for those who are maintenancing. I used the Health Wise prod. for my second round in loosing because it was cheaper and had great success with it. Now I find that the Health Smart and Protidiet on Nashua Nutrition are identical even the images on the box just a titled differently. I KNEW there had to be alternative products for IP. There can never be just one company that holds all the cards someone somewhere will have the same thing. :)

This post us about the IP Alternative Plan designed for Diabetics to use IP products and protocol but with some changes so they do not enter ketosis.

You want to post your info on the Alternative Products thread for those following the protocol but NOT buying IP products. There are TONS of products that fit IP nutritional guidelines but can be purchased elsewhere such as those in your post.

Dtnt2000 02-17-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4945880)
This post us about the IP Alternative Plan designed for Diabetics to use IP products and protocol but with some changes so they do not enter ketosis.

You want to post your info on the Alternative Products thread for those following the protocol but NOT buying IP products. There are TONS of products that fit IP nutritional guidelines but can be purchased elsewhere such as those in your post.

Sorry I'm still learning how to post and reply. My statement was in a reply to someone else. Now now trying the quote thing to see if that is how I was supposed to do it. Still new sorry.

JLUS 02-17-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dtnt2000 (Post 4945902)
Sorry I'm still learning how to post and reply. My statement was in a reply to someone else. Now now trying the quote thing to see if that is how I was supposed to do it. Still new sorry.

Not a problem... Just wanted you and others to realize this thread is not about alternative "products" but rather an actual IP Alternative plan for diabetics. They are easily and often confused!!

mckaren4 02-25-2014 06:14 PM

I have been struggling to stay on plan with IP
I think I will try the alternative plan and see if I can do better at
sticking to the plan-I enjoy exercising so this may work out better for me!
I felt like I had died and gone to heaven when I ate my first piece of fruit this morning (Last time I ate fruit was at thanksgiving before I started IP)
I know my losses may be slower but if I stick to it and lose weight
its worth it!

222special 02-28-2014 02:15 PM

I was wondering if there is a plan that just uses real food as an alternative to the ip products . I was on the ip program and reached my goal but I am finding it difficult to find anything for the maintenance part of it. Worse yet I'm noticing that the weight/fat is coming back. I cannot afford to go back on the program is there a link or thread that can help me do this. I'm new to this so I'm hoping this goes through. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

canadjineh 02-28-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 222special (Post 4953492)
I was wondering if there is a plan that just uses real food as an alternative to the ip products . I was on the ip program and reached my goal but I am finding it difficult to find anything for the maintenance part of it. Worse yet I'm noticing that the weight/fat is coming back. I cannot afford to go back on the program is there a link or thread that can help me do this. I'm new to this so I'm hoping this goes through. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

You don't need any products for the maintenance part - that's why it's lifelong maintenance... That being said - use MyFitnessPal.com faithfully so you can figure out your ratio of fats to carbs at lunch & dinner.
Trick two: Go crazy at Breakfast only - make yourself a pizza, eat spaghetti with parmesan, etc. BUT DON"T FORGET TO MEASURE PORTION SIZES!!!

I use Vega protein powder mix for a smoothie with water in Tropic Tango for snacks at home, and on the go, I take celery & a chunk of cheese, or a little tub of greek yogourt plain with a packet of stevia, or a Curves Chocolate Protein meal bar (1/2 cost of IP and high in fibre and protein - about the same calories).

You can use real food for your snacks - just be aware of what time of day and keep the carb snack for evening or mid morning, protein snack for mid afternoon.

Keeping those fats & carbs separate is the BIGGEST part of success now! You can do it, it just takes a bit of planning. You go, girl (msg me if you need help or examples of what I eat in a day)

:yes:

Liana

canadjineh 02-28-2014 07:09 PM

Alternative Phases

Yes gals, I did the Alternative Phases 1-3 because after the first couple of months or so, I didn't lose weight on regular phase 1 - I just got really constipated and ill with no energy. My body did way better with a bit of fruit, dairy, and higher carb choice. I lost about 2 lbs a week and felt a lot better and my digestive system worked better too.
I have never had a blood sugar problem so my coach and I just thought we would try it to see what happened. The calorie count of the regular phases was too low for my body to handle and I'm glad I did the alternate.

I'd suggest it to anyone who needs a shakeup - you can always go back to the regular plan every other week and it will still work.

I don't know about the ketosis part, but I still lowered bodyfat percentages and inches - now wearing size 2 & 4 skinny jeans again, so I know it works.

vrboone8 03-30-2014 06:33 PM

Hello Everyone-
I'm new to the forum and am interested in the IP Diet. My sister just started it but I was a little shocked by the start up price. At reviewing the alternative I think I can come pretty close..we will see. Another concern I had is I do Crossfit
workouts which are pretty intense and I do them 5 times weekly-I am not sure if the lunch will get me through the workout. Any advice ?
Thank you1

JLUS 03-30-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrboone8 (Post 4973747)
Hello Everyone-
I'm new to the forum and am interested in the IP Diet. My sister just started it but I was a little shocked by the start up price. At reviewing the alternative I think I can come pretty close..we will see. Another concern I had is I do Crossfit
workouts which are pretty intense and I do them 5 times weekly-I am not sure if the lunch will get me through the workout. Any advice ?
Thank you1

You will want to post this in the Alternative Products thread. This thread is the Alternative version of the IP plan for diabetics. It adds one fruit or grain item at each meal to keep out of ketosis. Confusing because the terms are so similar!!

But YES, many, many people do IP using alternative products at the lower cost and without a coach and are equally successful!

The first few weeks on IP it us not advised to do any exercise as you are adjusting to a dramatically lower caloric in take. Then after 3 weeks or so, many are able to add in light exercise that does not raise heart rate too much. Even at that, it is advisable to add an extra unrestricted packet (protein meal item) or an egg or two. The in take on IP is just too too low to sustain that level of exercise!