IP Daily Chat - Wed. 8 Dec. 2010

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • F for FAIL............ cravi' the old peanut butter again and GAVE IN !!!!! took a spoonful which equals 100 cal / 9 fat / carb 3...........just shoot me now!!!!!!!
  • switched my avatar to a big fat snowman cause that is where I am headed if i dont leave the peanut butter ALONE
  • jules- wasnt that such a dern man thing to say! gosh! ill not be making him any seperate noodles or potatos tonight he can eat veggies with me for that one! hahaha

losingforgood--- ah peanut butter doesnt that sound yummy haha stay away! drink lots and lots of water! i actually took our peanut butter and gave it to his parents to get it outta the house because i love a spoonfull of it or on my celery and such a no no so it had to go lol
  • ..so far another 100% day..as more and more fatty treats gets delivered to my office =-( .......... headed for my pre-op medical clearance, curious as to whether my MD will notice the drop on the scale...

Congrads to my daughter, Jules26...10 lbs in 2 wks is AWESOME !! We will get thru the next few wks with ease and enjoy our 'desserts' when we are ready !!
    So funny about the dream I had about being covered in dark choco and rolling in toasted coconut after u told me that Dad had coconut cheesecake last night !!
    Enjoy the rest of ur day !!! =)
  • Quote: F for FAIL............ cravi' the old peanut butter again and GAVE IN !!!!! took a spoonful which equals 100 cal / 9 fat / carb 3...........just shoot me now!!!!!!!
    So you gave into the peanut butter - get back on that horse! Peanut butter isn't the most horrible thing you could have eaten - don't have any restricted packets for the rest of today and if it were me, I'd have a little less meat tonight (just because I think pb has protein). Don't beat yourself up! Learn from your mistakes and move on.
  • Quote: So you gave into the peanut butter - get back on that horse! Peanut butter isn't the most horrible thing you could have eaten - don't have any restricted packets for the rest of today and if it were me, I'd have a little less meat tonight (just because I think pb has protein). Don't beat yourself up! Learn from your mistakes and move on.
    ok, good idea...thanks for that. Supper was going to be 2 boiled eggs with the veg... should I cut to one egg? or leave at 2 do you think? rtd choc shake this evening. NON restricted (crossing fingers for tomorrow)
  • Quote: Goodmorning Everyone

I had a question about WF. I was interested in getting the dip for veggies and the chocolate syrup and their ketchup. Are they all right to have in Phase 1 ? I know they say that they are 0 cal, 0 carbs, and 0 sugar.....really?
    Sounds too good to be true...I don't want to sabbotage my weight lose, Im only in week 2.

One other question...for those who do eat the WF items....have you noticed any halt in your weight lose? or the WF made no difference at all?

Thanks, and have a happy Wednesday
    I use the bbq sauce, ketchup, and dressings. They are really 0-0-0 and they have not slowed my weight loss at all. I use atleast one WF product everyday.
  • Quote: Today is an awesome day....199.8....yipeeeeee! 46 pounds gone in just under three months!
    Yay Darbs!! I am so excited for you!!!! Gosh, that is one of my goals, to get out of the 200's. WAY TO GO GIRL!!
  • Quote: ok, good idea...thanks for that. Supper was going to be 2 boiled eggs with the veg... should I cut to one egg? or leave at 2 do you think? rtd choc shake this evening. NON restricted (crossing fingers for tomorrow)
    How about an egg and a couple of egg whites? (I know this doesn't work as well for boiled - I prefer mine scrambled). Then you still feel filled but aren't getting all that fat from the second egg yolk. I don't remember how many grams is in one yolk - you could look it up.

Have a great rest of the day!
  • Quote: Someone told me that when you take antibiotics your body retains water and you don't lose weight?

Truth or false?
    I've been on antibiotics for the last 2 weeks and will be for 2 more (still have this nasty sinus/ear infection). The antibiotics and other meds to make you feel better often dry out your body requiring you to drink more water to prevent retaining water and dry scaly skin. I've had to keep the caffeine far away and down an extra few bottles of water every day to stay on track. The days I don't I see the bloating in my belly and see my hands look old and scaly.

Take your antibiotics and other meds to get yourself healthy, just remember to drink extra water every day.

Quote: Goodmorning Everyone

I had a question about WF. I was interested in getting the dip for veggies and the chocolate syrup and their ketchup. Are they all right to have in Phase 1 ? I know they say that they are 0 cal, 0 carbs, and 0 sugar.....really?
    Sounds too good to be true...I don't want to sabbotage my weight lose, Im only in week 2.

One other question...for those who do eat the WF items....have you noticed any halt in your weight lose? or the WF made no difference at all?

Thanks, and have a happy Wednesday
    WF products will not hinder your weight loss as long as you get the ones that are fat free, not low fat (someone on the forum's grocery carries low-fat which is not the same). The ranch dip is great for dipping veggies.

Also, DaVinci syrups make a lot of 0/0/0 products for flavoring your puddings and drinks. They come in 32 oz bottles so you actually get more for your money. I haven't found one I didn't like. WF is hit or miss on which I like and which I don't.

Quote: Today is an awesome day....199.8....yipeeeeee! 46 pounds gone in just under three months!
    Congrats on ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDERRLAND!!!

Quote: F for FAIL............ cravi' the old peanut butter again and GAVE IN !!!!! took a spoonful which equals 100 cal / 9 fat / carb 3...........just shoot me now!!!!!!!
    I love peanut butter too. I buy the DaVinci Peanut Butter syrup and add it to my Chocolate drinks and shakes. Yummy!!! Also, I buy the Peanut Butter Vanilla IP bars. They are a good substitute when craving the real thing.
  • Quote: F for FAIL............ cravi' the old peanut butter again and GAVE IN !!!!! took a spoonful which equals 100 cal / 9 fat / carb 3...........just shoot me now!!!!!!!

Oh No! It can be hard believe me I know.....I want a glass of wine really bad. Im trying to hold out b/c I have all ready decided that I will have a couple glasses of wine over x-mas, and Im not going to beat myself up over it either, Im going to enjoy every sip of it...lol. ....of course then I'll get right back on track with the plan. Don't beat yourself up over it, what's done is done, just put it behing you and move forward. You can do it!
  • IP - Alternative Protocol / Plan
    Quote: Hello, my name is Pat and I am brand new to IP. This is day one for me. I have been started on the Alternative Protocol for week one due to a couple of medical conditions. I am so inspired by you all.
    Does anyone have advice for the Alternative Plan? It just has a few more choices added than the regulard IP protocol.
    I can't wait to share some of my successes with you.
    Welcome, Pat (hawndragon)! My boyfriend did the alternative protocol most of the time he was on the plan for all 3 phases (it is a given in phase 4). As a man, he will lose fat more rapidly than any female. He still had large losses every week. When I lost 2 lb on the normal protocol , he would lose 4-5 on the alternative. He chose the alternative so that he could continue working out and playing sports without stalling his weightloss by over doing it. He was really happy with his choice. Please let me know if you have any questions about the official IP alternative protocol. He lost 50 lb in the same time I lost my first 30. Good luck.

Oh No! It can be difficult for sure. I want a glass of wine so bad, but Im holding out b/c Ive all ready decided that I am going to have a couple glasses of wine over x-mas and Im not going to beat myself up over it either. In fact Im going to enjoy every sip of it...lol........ Of course I will get back on track the next day. Don't beat yourself up over it. What's done is done. Get back on track and be positive. You can do it!
    I miss PB soooo bad!!!
    I am trying this recipe tonight and hope it will curve my craving....
    Im hoping with the added caramel the WF Peanut butter wont be too bad!
    Ill let u all know tomorrow!

Calorie Free Peanut Butter Balls:

Ingredients
    4 tbsp Walden Farms Peanut Butter
    4 tsp Splenda
    2 tsbp Walden Farms Carmel
    Directions
    Mix peanut butter and carmel together. Section into small amounts and roll mixture in Splenda. Place on waxed paper and put in freezer. Let set for 10 to 15 minutes - eat when ready!
    Makes 3 balls.
  • Well, it looks as though I won't be spending Christmas in Germany after all. Going tomorrow for an thyroid ultrasound etc. and to be on the safe side I've postponed leaving for a month. And no, I'm not drowning my sorrows in raisin rum ice cream. But I also can't say that the idea didn't flick through my mind for just a moment.