Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 163/137/135

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Goodmorning!

This morning, I come to stand before the mercy of this group...Last night, at my husbands xmas party, I cheated.

They had single serving munchie platters, 1 for everyone!! (onion rings, deep fried zucchini, wings, ribs, NO VEGGIES)
- I had 2 onion rings, and 3 or 4 battered zucchini.....UGH!!!!!

I did have the chicken chef salad with WF dressing for the entree - but STILL!
This morning I FEEL like I ate it. Which I knew I would!

I think I need a talking to....lol
I think I went to the same party!! Same experience - feel bad today too!!
Old 12-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #62  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone for your support, again. My thanks is becoming redundant but I don't think you all truly know how important your advice and encouragement is to me.

Tonight DH and I are going out for supper. I have looked at the menu before hand. I'll be having: "An Atlantic salmon fillet, oven-roasted with the flavours of smoky cedar. Served with seasonal vegetables, rice and a fire-grilled lemon."
So I need to make sure they only use olive oil, no extra salt/sugar added, minus the rice, and ask what kind of vegetables are served with the meal.
I'm also going to order plain green lettuce and I have already made my own dressing to bring (EVOO+vinegar+spices).
Of course, I'll be drinking water with lemon. As always

The scale hasn't moved for me since my last WI. I'm trying my best not to worry over it since my WI isn't until Thursday. I wonder though - since I started taking Omega3-6-9, Vit D, zinc and kelp supplements (in addition to IP's regular supplements) my weight hasn't changed. Is it possible for supplements to cause you to gain weight? Just my irrational fear wondering....

Last edited by SashaJS; 12-05-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 163/137/135

Hi Everyone!! I have been coming to this website for months, but am so computer illiterate that I have never set up a profile and posted!!

I wanted to say that all of you have been such a blessing to me on this journey. A big Thank You to everyone out there!!!

I went to my husband's Christmas party last night. I wore a long black dress I had from my skinny days and felt great!! I received many kind compliments (only one " don't lose any more weight" comment) and my husband was VERY attentive -yeah!!!!
So worth all the months of being good!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #64  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
AWWW. .. We stop at all kinds of numbers on our way to our goal. And, that is just what they are, numbers. They only hold importance because of the emotion or meaning we "GIVE" to them. Don't empower that number. (I learned this the hard way. I gave importance too a few numbers too!)

The truth is...... LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!! You are back to a weight you remember being at 37 years ago! Not only that you are just a pound away from being a weight you haven't been in a longer time.

YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING REMARKABLE AND ADMIRABLE!!

This diet works despite or inspite of our fears. We plateau, slow down, or stall occasionally but not forever. We are able to reshape our body and improve our health.

Maybe this is your opportunity to pause, at a very memorable weight, and say a permit goodbye to the person who could never get past 160. Be grateful for what your learned in the last 37 years and for the strength you gained to do this program and, for finding a way (finally) to get past the place your body liked to stop in the past.
Thanks so much Carla - sometimes I just get in that old eating disorder mode and forget the basics. You jarred me back and are so right about giving importance to numbers. It isn't about the numbers for me. I love the peace, happiness, and well feeling that I have. I will try to stay focused and if I falter just kick me in the butt. Thanks, you are great!

Last edited by rosemary2612; 12-05-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Ok, on to me. I decided that I needed to start doing something....so, I did 30 mins of beginner yoga (from youtube videos). It wasn't bad....I think I can handle this every night.....so, I am looking to buy a couple DVDs.....but when I checked out Amazon, the choices were through the roof! I need suggestions. I am a beginner, but fairly flexible and athletic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Have a great IP day!!!
Try a search on www.half.com. You might be able to find one pretty cheap. A great beginning yoga video is Leslie Sansone's "You Can Do It - Yoga".

I am so excited to go to visit my daughter in 2.5 weeks! She knows I've lost weight - she's the only one I've told about IP - but, since she lives in TX, I only see her every few months. I was there last in September - when I had been on IP for about a month. I bought some new clothes and I've been shopping in my closet. I found a snowman sweatshirt that I bought probably 6 years ago, size Large (it was the largest size they had), but it was always too snug, so I never wore it. Guess what? I wore it on Friday! I decided to get rid of some of my too-big clothes. I know the reason a lot of people don't say anything to me about losing weight is that I keep wearing those clothes, thinking I can still get some wear out of them. No more! Out they go! I'm only keeping a couple pair of jeans that I'll wear for doing housework or yard work.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #66  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Not to try to show anyone up, but I weigh less now than I did as a high school freshman without a driver's license. And to think that my 20 year reunion is coming right up. IF I go, do you suppose they'll recognize me if I'm not the fat kid anymore?
This is so great. Maybe, as a celebration, you should do your own personal grand tour: high school, back to Sweden, and other global points.

(I weighed 101 when I graduated from high school and ate ravenously. Talk about metabolic changes. Sigh.)
Old 12-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #67  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
Great ideas for the IP friendly cheesecake my daughter is getting.....we will have to label it 'DIET' cheesecake so the others don't try to get into it !!
You clever devil!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #68  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Last week I told everyone how 160 pounds was my nemisis and I haven't gotten past that in 37 years.

BUT you've lost over 100 pounds! I'll send leaner and calming thought, if that will help. And I have a friend on the mainland who exhales then holds her breath when she weighs herself.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #69  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

I don't know if I am brave enough to do it but tomorrow after my WI I am going to hide my scale in the garage. I am so focused on that "number" but you are right Carla. That is all it is. Wish me luck. From the girl who weighs herself in the morning naked, afternoon with clothes on, and again before going to bed. Uggg. Enough!!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 220/157/155

Height: 5 7

I went shopping today for something to wear to a wedding in two weeks. OMG! Everything that I tried on that fit was a size 12! At my brother's wedding over Labor Day, I wore 16W. I just love this plan and the support from this forum!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #71  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
I am so excited to go to visit my daughter in 2.5 weeks! She knows I've lost weight - she's the only one I've told about IP - but, since she lives in TX, I only see her every few months. I was there last in September - when I had been on IP for about a month. I bought some new clothes and I've been shopping in my closet. I found a snowman sweatshirt that I bought probably 6 years ago, size Large (it was the largest size they had), but it was always too snug, so I never wore it. Guess what? I wore it on Friday! I decided to get rid of some of my too-big clothes. I know the reason a lot of people don't say anything to me about losing weight is that I keep wearing those clothes, thinking I can still get some wear out of them. No more! Out they go! I'm only keeping a couple pair of jeans that I'll wear for doing housework or yard work.
I am with you on this one! I haven't seen my sisters since Aug. (before starting IP) and my parents since Oct. (30 lbs down but still wearing the same clothes). No one in my family knows I am doing IP so when I see them at Christmas I am excited yet nervous at what they are going to say. I have also just got rid of all my dress clothes that no longer fit. I went to ValuVillage and picked up some more in a much smaller size. Yeah! Even with that I still worry my family won't notice. I know it doesn't matter if they comment or not but I still want some aknowledgement from them.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #72  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
I am with you on this one! I haven't seen my sisters since Aug. (before starting IP) and my parents since Oct. (30 lbs down but still wearing the same clothes). No one in my family knows I am doing IP so when I see them at Christmas I am excited yet nervous at what they are going to say. I have also just got rid of all my dress clothes that no longer fit. I went to ValuVillage and picked up some more in a much smaller size. Yeah! Even with that I still worry my family won't notice. I know it doesn't matter if they comment or not but I still want some aknowledgement from them.
I totally am with you on this - I haven't seen anyone in my family since the week before I started IP. The only one who knows that I'm doing it is my MIL and I just told her last week. If my mom doesn't say anything, I might have to beat her... I should be about 30-35 lbs down by then...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #73  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default Survived the Christmas party last night ... but am sick!

Hi all:

It seems that this was a busy weekend for Christmas parties.

We had our annual one last time and there was tons of food.

However, I was not feeling well through the day and by night-time, my throat was so very sore. So that helped with not being hungry. No cheating and had maybe 3 shrimp (no batter and without any sauce).

No appetite today and just drinking water which is not going down well. Went to the clinic this a.m. and the doc confirmed I have a throat/ear infection and gave me antibiotics.

Hoping for a speedy recovery. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

L
Old 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #74  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Thanks Carla. I really appreciate your response.

Today held a huge willpower test for me as my mom ordered pizza hut for supper. It looked so good. I had a moment of - how about one bite? But no!! I stopped myself, distracted myself with drinking water (I was cooking DH and I's supper -- hot "wings"). I got through so much temptation today. I think I may reward myself with a restricted snack-- one of the bars I have froze in the freezer (I love frozen chocolate).
I also spent 30minutes on the treadmill after lunch today.

Question:: I am permitted a restricted per day. I do want to lose the weight as fast as possible. I go on the treadmill every other day (just walking for 30mins). Should I have a restricted pack ONLY on the days I exercise for the best results?
The clinic were I go there's a MD who I have to see once a month - He did recommend to workout when I am in phase 2 but if I want to start light cardio like walking 30 min at 3mph then I have to add a bar to my food intake, I believe it is different for everyone since this is in base of you weight an d height. Maybe your coach can help you with this. Good luck!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #75  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
BUT you've lost over 100 pounds! I'll send leaner and calming thought, if that will help. And I have a friend on the mainland who exhales then holds her breath when she weighs herself.
Thanks for the leaner and calming thoughts. I will not focus on the number any more. That is totally not my style anyway. Sometimes I turn into this crying, winey baby. Just be direct and tell me when that happens. I can take it! Thanks Linden! I got my T Tapp DVD's and I am excited.
Closed Thread