Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #16  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Thanks girls! I needed a verbal beating (but I think you went easy on me! lol) Today is a new day, it was my first cheat and I learned my lesson!!! Lots of water today!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #17  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Soooooo, I've suspected this since I weighed in on Thursday but dug out my old medical records this morning to verify it - I'm at my lowest weight that I've been at since my wedding 5 years ago!
CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!! Great job!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

Yippee!! I have 25 pounds gone! It is insane! LOVE IT! I am feeling so good about my weight loss and this program! I am looking for recipies in the threads starting to plan out the menus for our christmas suppers and I'm finding so many great ones out there! I truly love how much information has been shared on this site, it has become invaluable for me in this journey to a healthier me. Just wanted to thank all the members for providing all this inspiration and for me the knowledge that others are sharing this lifestyle makes it easier to get through the rough days while maintaining protocol. So with that said thank you all so much for sharing your stories and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Day 4 of the IP diet for me. Yesturday was much easier than the first 2. I felt hungary but not RAVENOUS. Part of me wants to get on the scale and see if there is any change...but I know that if there isn't I will feel totally discouraged. I'm someone who has always had to put effort(excercise and good eating habits due to sluggish metabolism) into being slim and athletic but in the past was always able to do so. I hear that it's much harder for people who are already living a heathy lifestyle to lose extra weight as compared to someone who has long been sedintary with poor eating habits. Now that things have "changed" within me I have this fear that this diet won't work.... I dread and long for my first weigh in.

I still feel on edge and irritable...hope that changes soon!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #20  

"Next time you want to cheat say this to yourself... "Is this "onion ring" (or whatever you want to eat) worth $50? Because that is what your wasting to get yourself back into ketosis everytime you cheat. It has helped me stay on plan, I hope it helps you!"

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! That's fabulous advice!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellio View Post
Yippee!! I have 25 pounds gone! It is insane! LOVE IT! I am feeling so good about my weight loss and this program! I am looking for recipies in the threads starting to plan out the menus for our christmas suppers and I'm finding so many great ones out there! I truly love how much information has been shared on this site, it has become invaluable for me in this journey to a healthier me. Just wanted to thank all the members for providing all this inspiration and for me the knowledge that others are sharing this lifestyle makes it easier to get through the rough days while maintaining protocol. So with that said thank you all so much for sharing your stories and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Hi, Joellio!! How long have you been on?! Congrats!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #22  

One thing I have realized so far on my short IP journey...I am NOT diggin' the DRINKS!!!! Some are kind of tasty but do NOTHING to ease my hunger. I love the soups with added veggies and I think I definitly need something i can chew for breakfast or else I get hungary right after.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #23  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Soooooo, I've suspected this since I weighed in on Thursday but dug out my old medical records this morning to verify it - I'm at my lowest weight that I've been at since my wedding 5 years ago!
I've got you beat. As of this morning, I'm at my lowest weight since before I met my husband 19 years ago.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #24  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

I've been having a hard time the past couple days. My DH, mom and I are on the program. Well, my mom has not been sticking to protocol and when I ask or question about it, she gets very upset. I get that it's hard for her, but it's hard for me too. I almost think she sees this as a competition and I'm "doing better" than her. My mom is overweight, not obese like me. Everyday she verbalizes how much she hates her body/thinks she's fat. This makes me feel worse. I'm 23 and morbidly obese. Seriously, hearing that doesn't help me. I'm working so hard right now trying to make a change and I feel almost guilty or undermined in my efforts to do so. She's already decided to go off protocol for Christmas, whereas I am not. I see her cheating a lot and then complaining the next day or next WI about not losing weight. I'm having a hard time being supportive, and by golly I cannot criticize. Weights been an issue for me my whole life (she disagrees with that but when I was at my lowest I was eating under 1200cals a day and exercising incessantly) and I need to make a change but it's hard. I'm afraid to eat her food, thinking she's cutting corners. So then of course if I don't it looks like I'm not supportive, I don't trust her, yadda yadda. You all know this is a hard protocol regardless. This extra drama just throws me off.
I need to lose this weight. I can deal with others who are off protocol eating whatever they like. But it's so HARD for me to see those who are on protocol cheat. It just undermines everything I'm working so hard to achieve.

Sorry for the post. Ive fallen off of other diets before due to this and I just do not want to let this derail me.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #25  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Happy Weekend everyone! Hope you are all having a good one. For those of you that progressed to Phase II, do you find you still lose weight at a steady pace? I was going to phase out before Christmas and am into week 2 of Phase II and am liking it for several reasons. I get to choose my protein rather than the packages and it makes the IP program cheaper. My printout for phase II says I can stay on it until I hit goals with a min 2 week stint. Didn't seem to affect my weight loss much the first week so am interested in what other people are finding.
I am also on week 2 of PhaseII. I don't really like it because my IP protien at lunch was usually a 'treat'. (pudding, 1-a-day, etc.) I feel like my treat has been taken away. My weight-loss has stayed steady so far.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #26  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I've got you beat. As of this morning, I'm at my lowest weight since before I met my husband 19 years ago.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #27  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Way to go! I suspect that I will never again weigh what I did 19 years ago... 85 lbs maybe? I was 9. :-)
Old 12-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
That is exciting! Your husband must be enjoying it too!
I'm not quite as many years from being equal to where I am now. As of this morning I'm at my lowest weight in about 15 years. I remember back then I had to get a photo taken for work and I absolutely hated the first one - looked like I had chipmunk cheeks! So I went on some kind of starvation diet for two weeks and managed to get my weight below 200 and my face did look a little thinner, so the second photo looked somewhat better.
I think I'll be finishing Phase I when I weigh what I did about 18 years ago.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #29  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

Was a little frustrated this morning as the scale has creeped up a pound. I was wondering if it would have something to do with my lunch schedule. I usually take some unrestricted drink when I'm on the road plus some celery sticks. It may not be the full 2 cups and sometimes if I get home in the late afternoon and still hungry I will cook up some rhubarb to eat. I'm working very hard to stay on track but when I start to stall out my mind starts playing tricks on me telling me I give up it isn't going to work for me anyways.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #30  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglycold View Post
Was a little frustrated this morning as the scale has creeped up a pound. I was wondering if it would have something to do with my lunch schedule. I usually take some unrestricted drink when I'm on the road plus some celery sticks. It may not be the full 2 cups and sometimes if I get home in the late afternoon and still hungry I will cook up some rhubarb to eat. I'm working very hard to stay on track but when I start to stall out my mind starts playing tricks on me telling me I give up it isn't going to work for me anyways.
You've been doing AWESOME - just look at your stats!! Almost 50 pounds already, and now you're so close to your goal. Proof that this IS working for you .

Keep up the great work.
Closed Thread