Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday December 1, 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Old 12-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Here is the link back to yesterday's conversations! If you find something there you wish to comment on or reply to please, quote/copy/paste it into today's activity!

Thanks!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...30-2010-a.html
Old 12-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Off to weigh I go this morning...its been a good week..I loved Ball Class last night...I went and bought a few shirts yesterday before I have to walk around naked or like a baggy girl....I like it that my clothes do not fit anymore...

Hope everyone has a great day...Later...

Last edited by JudoGirl; 12-01-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all.....well STILL AT 173....... has anyone else experience this after being on IP for a while? you STAY at one weight for like 3-5 days...then POOF you drop like 2-3 lbs??? why? any ideas? Going to a xmas dinner for my boyfriends work group this evening. I will try to copy and paste the menu. I am thinking... 'dont even touch the soup'...made with potatoes I am sure:

Salade Lyonnaise
ou
Goujonette de sole, sauce tartare
ou
Coquille St-Jacques nantaise

Potage Julienne Darblay

Contre-filet rôti sauce Béarnaise 23 $

Crème brûlée au café
ou
Tarte aux pommes
ou
Fruits frais au coulis de baies rouges
Café, thé ou tisane

So I will do the salad......already checked on line to see what the heck was in it... and one of the ingredients is poached eggs, so that is ok... then will pass on the soup, but take the beef... and no dessert I guess... cause in phase 1 I can not even take the fruit correct? I am sure if i do the scale would be soooo UP tomorrow.... advice?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!

A chilly chilly day in Manitoba today! -26C Brrrrrrrr.

Off to work I go, with a brand new attitude. Mood is seeming to improve. Maybe a needed a break from my kids? LOL!

Have an awesome day, and if you're in a winter zone, stay warm! ;-)
Old 12-01-2010, 07:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Off to work I go, with a brand new attitude. Mood is seeming to improve. Maybe a needed a break from my kids? LOL!

OMG where in Manitoba...I am from Selkirk (dont laugh) LOL... still have allllll my family there!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #7  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!!! Had WI #8, only lost 1 lb, but lost a couple more inches, so I'll take it. Leaving tomorrow for a 12-day vacation. I have all of my IP products together, so it won't be a problem to stay on track. I broke down and bought 2 pairs of new jeans, and I am thrilled with the smaller size. I have 3 tops that I really love, so I'm going to the store at lunch to see if they still have them in stock so that I can get smaller sizes. Gotta love this plan.

I hope everyone has a great week. I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to read or post anything while I'm gone.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
1/3 of the way!! That's great!! Keep up the good work!

Personally, I find my body feels better with a little more fat in it. I am at the end of my 3rd week back at phase3. I have only lost 4.5 pounds total this time. I am back to many of the side effects I had before. Most of them I can deal with but, being ice cold in winter s**ks! I also hate how dry and cracked my skin is right now. Nothing is working and the more water I drink the worse it gets. I bought some almond oil to massage into my hands and night and some cotton gloves. I hope it works. If not, although I hate it, I may go the vaseline or bag balm route.
Carla, My 13 year old and I both have similar problems with our hands drying out and I also have arthritis in my fingers which just gets miserable in the cold. I just invested in one of those paraffin dips because last year I when I went to my salon and had them done I noticed it really helped. The hot wax seems to penetrate the skin and joints and just feels awesome. I figured it would be cheaper in the long run with two of us suffering to just make the purchase. I'll let you know if it's as good once I get it. Oh and the best lotion I found is Aveda's hand lotion. It's not too greasy but seems to penetrate the skin well--which reminds me, I need to go get some!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #9  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Good morning everyone! Wow! It is hard to believe it is December already.
I had WI #7 yesterday. Down another 1.2 lbs. I certainly am not a fast fat loser that's for sure but that makes 21 lbs total in 7 weeks. Can't match those results anywhere else tho so I will take the slow and steady approach.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #10  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Carla, My 13 year old and I both have similar problems with our hands drying out and I also have arthritis in my fingers which just gets miserable in the cold. I just invested in one of those paraffin dips because last year I when I went to my salon and had them done I noticed it really helped. The hot wax seems to penetrate the skin and joints and just feels awesome. I figured it would be cheaper in the long run with two of us suffering to just make the purchase. I'll let you know if it's as good once I get it. Oh and the best lotion I found is Aveda's hand lotion. It's not too greasy but seems to penetrate the skin well--which reminds me, I need to go get some!
Try mixing some oil (olive, grapeseed or almond) with some table sugar - scrub your hands with that mixture, rinse and pat dry. Apply your regular lotion. You should notice a difference right away. Good for in the shower on all the other dry body parts too!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #11  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post

Salade Lyonnaise
ou
Goujonette de sole, sauce tartare
ou
Coquille St-Jacques nantaise

Potage Julienne Darblay

Contre-filet rôti sauce Béarnaise 23 $

Crème brûlée au café
ou
Tarte aux pommes
ou
Fruits frais au coulis de baies rouges
Café, thé ou tisane
Yeah, so, if this were the restaurant I had to go to.....I'd be a total redneck and ask for a steak or a burger....but, of course I don't speak French....or read it! However, the one phrase I can read is Crème brûlée au café. Darn. Figures....that sugar sticks with you for life doesn't it!

Oh yeah, and I have the same problem with the scale....I don't let it get to me as long as it isn't going up! I hold at the same weight for about 3-4 days then drop 2 lbs. As long as it is going down, I am happy!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

..Hello December..I am Diane..I've been losing and gaining the same 25 lbs all of my adult life...I KNOW this is the last 'diet' I will ever need !!
I Had my 1st weigh-in last night..lost 8 lbs !! I am doing IP w my daughter(Jules26)...so great to have support in the house!!
I added my coffee to my choco shake this morning ,some extra water n ice...YUMM!!! I am still full !!
Hope u all have a great day !!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #13  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Smile Wahoo!!!

Good morning all!!

After my first weigh in last night *Drum roll please*

I lost 9 pounds!!!
I cannot believe it!! I wouldve been happy with 5, but 9 is FANTASTIC!
so happy

just goes to show that IDEAL PROTEIN rocks!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

By the way- Diane49 is my mom and she lost 8 in her first week!! so glad we have each other for support!!! Congrats ma

Last edited by jules26; 12-01-2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: add
Old 12-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #14  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!

I didn't want to hear that as I have to go out today. I'm in Winnipeg and I'm so tired of the snow. I'm getting exercise by shoveling snow almost twice day
Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #15  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!

A brand new attitude is a GREAT thing!!!

WOW thats coldddd!!! Where is Manitoba??? just curious

Have a lovely day!
Closed Thread