Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

i tried mashed cauliflower tonight ooo my gosh sooo yummy!! thank you all so much for posting all these recipes because i am so not creative!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #62  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

WI lastnight was good, 4.12lbs. I have been hitting an odd trend, 2 weeks of a low loss 1-2lbs, then 2 weeks of higher loss 4-7lbs. It all balances out but I'm not sure why the trend but I am thrilled with my results over all.

My DH is in maintanace and I am in phase 1. I thought it would bother me to have the smell of baccon and toast in the morning, but in all honesty it hasn't. We have been making home made whole wheat honey bread, 9 grain bread, muffins and oatmeal cookies.. and my NSV.. I have not tasted/nibbled or cheated with any of it! I know my turn is coming to enjoy these things again.

Wishing everyone a good evening..
Ronda

Last edited by Addy; 12-01-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #63  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default WI today!!!

Well I am on Cloud 39 today.

Had my WI today and after losing 2 pounds the past two weeks, this week finally paid off and I lost 8.4 pounds!!!!!

This program WORKS and I am so glad that I found it. Thanks to my great friend, Brenda, for letting me in on it.

Hope everyone had a great day!!!!

L
Old 12-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #64  

Great job everyone on your success! I also have to Thank Carla for being so informative. It really helps even to those who haven't asked questions.
I don't know if this was an acceptable dinner or not, but I have never had eggplant before and so I cut it up, dipped it in egg white then in the crushed up SW cheese curls (kinda like the chicken idea) and put it in a pan with oil (probably too much, maybe 4-6 Tablespoons) but man on man, were they good! For not having them ever and having that bit of a crunch from the cheese curls, if that's ok to have, I'll certainly have them again.
I've upped my water intake or something because I'm non-stop heading to the bathroom! Almost like week 1 again. Mrs D. I stopped pickles this week too from reading Linden's post. I have been eating about a cup worth when I get in a rush and it's just so easy to grab. Maybe I'm flushing this extra water weight too. Have a good night all.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #65  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default Sugar-Free Jello

I have a question about ready-to-eat jello.

I found some fat-free jello at the grocery store.

One cup is 5 calories, no fat and no carbs.

Can I eat one?

Anyone who can lend their opinion, I welcome it!

L
Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #66  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Hey all....just thought I would share that I updated my signature and added progress pics...in the link at the bottom....take it easy....they weren't easy to post!!! Loves!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #67  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Thanks Aunt Sheshi for reminding me that a lb is a lb is a lb....guess I'll do what feels right for me till the 1st of the year and then take the plunge into Phase 2...no guts, no glory. Of course, I'm a woman, so there is always the chance I'll change my mind..lol..I sure would love to see the 140's. I need to give the exercise time to become a regular life choice and then see how it affects me.

Marilyn
Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
HEY! Did anyone miss me? I didn't think so. I lost my giraffe and had to go find it. It was hiding behind the walrus.

I've decided to give myself a Christmas present this year (in addition to the new wardrobe I've been assembling). My Christmas present is Big Breakfast! Yum! And my New Year's resolution: Phase 4. (That, and I'm going on a cruise at the end of January and plan to be a very bad boy. Just not bad enough to outgrow my new speedo!) :P
I totally missed you!! We need you on this forum, so don't go away again for long! What is Big Breakfast? Looking forward to pics of the cruise...just make sure that you put your speedo on the right way (or the thong!)
Old 12-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Hi Dave, I dont think we've met! I'm still pretty new around here Congrats on almost reaching your goal!!!!!

Just got back from my WI - another 2 pounds gone! Slow & steady. I am happy though because I have almost lost as many inches as pounds!!!! I feel hip bones!!!

P.s. Just had a Big Mac in a bowl for supper.....TOTALLY killed my fast food craving. Love IP.
Another Sask girl! Welcome! Isn't that Big Mac in a bowl awesome?? Totally LOVE IT! Nice to meet you!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I was having a problem losing muscle too and adding the extra packet really seemed to help. I find it easier to eat my meat meal at lunch and then, I don't feel like I'm trying to get it down and another packet or two if I'm dancing in just a couple of hours. I also use the lighter feeling packets like the blueberry/pome drink, the pink lemonade and the orange drink when I'm not feeling much like eating.
How do you know you're losing muscle?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #71  
Fresh start

[QUOTE=MaryKate89;3590056]Bummed with my WI today only 1.7 pounds gone! Booo was hoping for atleast 3 but did loose another 1 1/2 inch in my belly!

MY WI today says 2.8 gone, hey I take it and very happy! because a carrot counts so why not to celebrate
Old 12-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #72  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
As far as I know we don't lose muscle, we lose all the fat under our skin - I do not want to lose muscle .
Old 12-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #73  
SoonToBeTheThinGirl

S/C/G: 291.8/208/135 be4IP(start1/10)

Height: 208/182.8/135 IP (start 10/15/10), height: 5'4.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
You're so welcome! Did I lose when I was most miserable? Yes and no. I was losing inches like crazy but not weight. I would drop maybe 0 to 1 pound. It was bad enough that my coach actually hinted that he and my regional suspected me of cheating. THAT made me angry... such a bad thing to say when I was busting myself and beating myself up! Not a good moment. When I was through that, I had a 6.5 pound loss. I actually lost about 11 inches during those weeks. But only lost 4 pounds.

I think I would have been better off adding an extra packet or lean protein portion. I probably should have added some occasional veggies or a restricted packet one or twice a week during that time. I tried everything else; my coach wouldn't let me add any food. I had to stay in boot camp mode. My ONLY relief suggestion was that I added a full tablespoon a day of omegas.

It wasn't fun but, I got through it. I wouldn't ask anyone else to do that though if I could come up with something that would help.

Personally, I find my body feels better with a little more fat in it. I am at the end of my 3rd week back at phase3. I have only lost 4.5 pounds total this time. I am back to many of the side effects I had before. Most of them I can deal with but, being ice cold in winter s**ks! I also hate how dry and cracked my skin is right now. Nothing is working and the more water I drink the worse it gets. I bought some almond oil to massage into my hands and night and some cotton gloves. I hope it works. If not, although I hate it, I may go the vaseline or bag balm route.

My belief is this program is worth it so, believe me when I tell you, stick with it. Modify things a little if you need to but, don't cheat and don't quit. Even if you had to ride it out as I did, I KNOW things will eventually resolve. It may just be some really big issue our bodies have to work through before things can work out.

In my case, I went from a size 20 to a size 10 and sometimes 8. I lost 85 inches total (measured neck, chest, waist, hips, thigh, calves, bicep)and 84 pounds. I don't think I could have done that any other way. I am so sure of that and this plan, I am willing to do this again to reach my ultimate goal.

Given where we are, maybe we can help each other stick through the "odd" times.
I don't know how you do it--all the wonderful advice and replying back to everyone so timely! I've had a hectic week with work/helping family members, but tomorrow I finally have a day off (yay!) so maybe I can finally read all of the stuff I've missed...

anyhow, thanks again for explaining things, and yes, I hope we can help each other stick through the "odd" times! I'm starting to feel less 90-year-old-ish (thank GOODNESS--the lethargy was almost unbearable at times) however, my legs still feel like rubber, and are so weak. My coach actually told me to drink an extra packet of the Peach-Mango drink on the days where I feel really tired, and for the past 2 days I have. I've also increased my salt intake (hoping that it would help with my low blood pressure) to ~ 1/4 tsp at breakfast, 1/2 tsp at lunch, 1/4 tsp at dinner, and 1/4 with snack (although today I just did 1/4 tsp at lunch because I'm wondering if maybe that's too much salt and I'm retaining water now? Not sure where the happy medium is). I also am taking a second Calcium-Potassium pill at night to help with the muscle cramps and hoping maybe they'd help my muscles feel stronger. (I actually woke up the other night, in the middle of the night, with a cramp forming on the side of my calf--it scared the heck out of me! Thankfully I flexed my foot enough to work it out before it got to the point of feeling as though someone was stabbing me. I used to have this AGES ago when I was little, and haven't had it happen in years and years--and even then it was the back of the calf, not on the side). For some reason my legs/ankles hurt even more when I lay down, and I seriously second guess everything that's going on as to why this is happening--even the fact that I recently started using a heated blanket, and wondering if maybe that is somehow to blame? I don't know haha, I'm just so not used to feeling so out-of-sorts, and hate not having a solution to it.

I'm so sorry that your coach actually hinted at you cheating while working so hard to have hope and push through such a hard time! I keep worrying that that may happen to me also(being accused of cheating)--I hope I at least lose inches this week because so far there isn't a loss. I'm so sorry your skin is so dry and nothing is helping it :-/ . I am used to that at least, seeing as how New England winters cause my skin to be like that normally--I just try and remember to use lotion, but I'm so bad at keeping up with it because I get used to the dryness and it somehow doesn't bother me, until it's past a certain point haha. I wish I had some kind of tip for you on that!

I think I will ask my coach this week about the extra vitamins that are suggested, but not mandatory. I think that omegas are one of them. Perhaps that will help. She mentioned that if nothing really changes by Friday, that she'll have the doctor that runs the office that the IP center is located in talk to me.

Thank you so much, really, for all of the explaining/sharing,motivation, help, and hope that you've given me to know that this will eventually resolve itself, and I will go back to feeling halfway normal again. You're awesome!

Hello to everyone else out there in IP land--congrats on all of the NSVs and SVs and awesome progress reports! It's so nice to have a little community on here that everyone can share in. Hope everyone has a great night!

Last edited by Rachie404; 12-01-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #74  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
We do a body fat % every time I weigh in and my husband does a little bit of algebra on an excel spread sheet that shows, if I weigh X and Y is the percentage of my weight that is fat, then my lean body weight is Z. (I can write out the formula tomorrow if you want, but my brain is a bit fuzzy after a 1'45" physical therapy appointment and an hour of dancing tonight.)

That being said, I will be the first to admit that the body fat reader is not always the most accurate, but we've just been looking at the general trends.

My lean body weight dropped pretty significantly and there were some correlations to when I started back dancing more after an injury which pretty much fit with the science of it all.

The last couple of weeks I have increased my protein and my lean body weight finally went back up.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Nsv

YAY!!
Last week I bounced between 148 & 149 all week and had a 0 loss at my official WI yesterday. BUT today I am wearing baggy pants that were not baggy 2 weeks ago. I have been enjoying wearing jeans that i can now zip up right out of the dryer and sit comfortably in. I was a little discouraged with the no loss thing until........this morning! I have been feeling thinner eventhough the scale does not think so and voila! I am thinner! Today I had a job to go to that was not appropriate for jeans so I pulled a pair of slacks on that I have not worn for 2 weeks............OMGosh..........they feel HUGE and they are big on my. I wore them anyway just to feel good all day.
I started back to hot yoga today. I have not gone since Aug. I feel a sore muscle or 2 already........a good kind of sore YES! I could actually do the eagle pose correctly. In the past, always, i was not able to get my leg wrapped around my other leg all the way because of the "chubbiness" today I did it! I was so excited couldn't believe it.
Closed Thread