Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Well, I did get a little off track during the Thanksgiving holiday, which also included my birthday. Three restaurant meals, a handful of nuts here and there. No alcohol, no sugar, no potatoes - so it's substantially different than what I would have done a year ago, despite the small transgressions.

Still the weight loss is only 6 pounds for November. I have to do everything I can to accelerate that rate. I figure if the freezing Canadians can stick to their program at -14, I can do it in relatively warm New England. 44F here today!

I am glad to be back fully on the program. Looking to break down below that next barrier of 180. I keep hitting 180.5 and bouncing! I am ready for the 170s, and beyond.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default wahooo I'm stoked

oct 6th 2010 ..................... Nov 30th 2010

Weight 165.5 .......................... 147
Fat 44.8 ....................... 40.4
visceral fat 9 ............................ 7
muscle 23.6 ........................ 25.2
BMI 29.3 ............................ 26.5
metabolic 1428 ............................ 1361
waist 34.5 ........................... 31.5
hips 41 ......................... 38
luv handles 41 ......................... 37
thigh 23.5 ............................... 21.75
rib cage 34 ............................... 32

This is my place to brag about me. Not a drastic as some but I LOVE IP!!Oct 6 side.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nov 30 side.jpg (13.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #18  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Thanks Marykate! Good luck to you as well for tomorrow!

I wanna fast forward a month and see where i'll be!!!yay!

Old 11-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #19  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
oct 6th 2010 ..................... Nov 30th 2010

Weight 165.5 .......................... 147
Fat 44.8 ....................... 40.4
visceral fat 9 ............................ 7
muscle 23.6 ........................ 25.2
BMI 29.3 ............................ 26.5
metabolic 1428 ............................ 1361
waist 34.5 ........................... 31.5
hips 41 ......................... 38
luv handles 41 ......................... 37
thigh 23.5 ............................... 21.75
rib cage 34 ............................... 32

This is my place to brag about me. Not a drastic as some but I LOVE IP!!Attachment 37195
WOW!!! You look awesome!! So tiny around the waist now!
Hopefully you feel as good as you look

CONGRATS!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #20  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

NSV....I have smaller sized jeans that that I have been transitioning into....but my work pants have been swallowing me whole (saggy butt yuck!)! Yesterday I broke down and bought 2 pairs of size 14s (was an 18)....slight muffin top, but my butt looks GREAT!!! Yeah! Hoping to shrink through them in the next couple months! oh yeah....and unofficially I have slipped into ONEDERLAND!!! Past 2 mornings have read 198.8! WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 11-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
NSV....I have smaller sized jeans that that I have been transitioning into....but my work pants have been swallowing me whole (saggy butt yuck!)! Yesterday I broke down and bought 2 pairs of size 14s (was an 18)....slight muffin top, but my butt looks GREAT!!! Yeah! Hoping to shrink through them in the next couple months! oh yeah....and unofficially I have slipped into ONEDERLAND!!! Past 2 mornings have read 198.8! WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!
That is FABULOUS!!!!!!! CONGRATS !!! isn't 'onederland amazing'??? and the saggy butt thing going on...yeah... woo hoooo BUT, feel kinda sloppy eh? went to get a pair as well for same reason. Was a 18 too, ALMOST going into the 20's OMGGGGGGGGG, now my 14 is loose.... this is costing me hahhahah but i love it. Keep up the good work!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #22  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Afternoon all!!

Crystall88 - I am also hoping to break into the 170's!! Hopefully I can get there in my weigh in tommorrow!! Keep atter!!

Looking good ladyvrod!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #23  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Wow everyone is doing wonderful!!! Good job!!!

I am feeling like poo on a stick. I woke up with a honking coldsore on my lip. I hate coldsores so much. They make me feel nasty and gross but I get them often so I'm used to it. It's just a downer, for sure!!

We are off to get some Christmas shopping done. I have a small list and a tight budget so it should be interesting. I also need more calcium-magnesium and multivitamins. Hard to believe I've been on IP for over 3 weeks now.

Keep up the good work everyone! You are doing awesome!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #24  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post

I am feeling like poo on a stick. I woke up with a honking coldsore on my lip. I hate coldsores so much. They make me feel nasty and gross but I get them often so I'm used to it. It's just a downer, for sure!!

Try Tea Tree Oil for your cold sores....Sounds weird but I get them all the time too and this works for me. Abreva does NOTHING for me! hehe
Old 11-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #25  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Oh Lesley, I've tried that... And alcohol, and toothpaste, and a certain kind of lipstick that dries it out, h2o2 (bad move), heat, ice, lysine, tea bags, omg the works. I used to get them every month but I'm on valtrex, I just haven't been taking my preventative dose. So it's my fault. I did take the recommended 4 pills at onset. That will either squash it if I catch it early enough, shorten the duration or the coldsore won't spread as much. I get them so bad my lip swells up to twice it's size and it looks like someones punched me in the face. So just having it smaller is a huge improvement.
Anyways, my coldsore rant is over now. Thanks lol.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
I was just changing my weight on my profile, and I just noticed I reached the 15 pound by Christmas challenge! When I agreed to sign up for it, I was nervous because I had never given myself a date or challenge before. That feels good to have a few weeks to spare.
Congratulations!! That is a wonderful feeling! So glad you are seeing the successes you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Evening all!!

I just had the most delish supper, chicken nuggets!!! I crushed up a bag of SW cheese curls & tossed some chicken chunks in, cooked it in olive oil, and dipped it in WF ranch!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Congrats on all the great victories today!!! Keep atter!!!
This sounds yummy!! Would you mind adding it to the recipes 2 thread? That way, when one of us gets a craving we know where to start searching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Well, a huge NSV here today!

I baked 60 butter tarts, 4 dozen sugar cookies, 4 dozen ginger snaps, 2 nanaimo bars, 2 marshmallow PB slice, an Eatmore bar, 4 dozen chocolate haystacks, and some shortbread, and.........

I DIDN'T SAMPLE OR EAT NOT A ONE!!!!!!

I am having the "bad mood" phase. I have been ridiculously grouchy for about a week now. Extremely annoyed at everything and also very weepy. I usually only get like this when stressed with work, but there is no excuse as I have been off work for almost 2 weeks. I am back to work in the morning. Maybe that will improve my mood? LOL!

Have a great week!
Isn't it amazing!!! I did that last year when I first started IP. I made dozens of treats and didn't sample one! It was a very empowering feeling.

This year I am taking a different approach. Not gonna do the home baked sweets. I think we will manage and I will be less tempted. Also, I am traveling during a large portion of the holidays so, not as convenient this time.

Yes, the bad mood phase will pass. I am so sorry you are having to be in it right now. Some people find increase their omega oil a little bit helps. I actually was using 2 other natural compounds. I am prone to low serotonin and a low carb diet makes that worse. Protein blocks the transfer of necessary aminos through the blood/brain barrier and slows down the production of serotonin which helps control mood, temperature, sleep, body aches and, so much more. (CARBS actually make those transfers easier and more available... thus I became a carboholics) I learned that taking melatonin(3 mg) at night before bed and 5htp(100mg to 200mg) during the day helped to boost and maintain serotonin. It also helped me with the moodiness and carb cravings. 5htp is the chemical compound that our body creates which is converted to serotonin. It is made in part from things like tryptophan(found in turkey and milk) but, tryptophan is too large to easily pass into the brain and the 5htp manages quite well. If you research it you will find many medical studies have been done over the past 25 years and all support that at these low levels (low because some dieters are give 300mg 3x a day) there are no side effects other than possible stomach upset as you adjust but, that is usually at the higher doses. The Melatonin I take because, at night, our serotonin is converted to melatonin which helps us sleep and aids in body repair and muscle repair. If we don't have enough to start with and aren't making much quickly we could deplete ourselves just by sleeping. Using the melatonin, extends and supports what serotonin we have.

Just some things for you to ponder if you find the mood doesn't lift easily on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
Hi everyone,
I see everyone had a good day today! It's encouraging because to be honest, I cheat once a week. I am mad at myself because it is an expensive program, I know the science of it yet still I cannot say no to a piece of cake? I resolve to just do this thing properly! Somebody slap me!
On a better note, I have a little NSV. This weekend I managed to fit into my size 16 skinny jeans (I used to be a 14/16 and went up to a 20 in a matter of months!). My daughter's father was dropping her off to me in the car and as he was driving up I heard him say to her, "WOW look at Mommy!". hehehehe.
Oh so tonight I had a lovely desert. I had some lemon pudding with a couple of tbs of WF strawberry jam -delightful. But these IP's are starting to get really filling. I had to force it down! Lunchtime was the same with the mushroom soup. I was full before it was half eaten. Anyone else experience this weird full feeling over eating so little??
I am so glad you are looking awesome! That had to feel great having her dad say something positive!

You want a kick? OK... Everytime you cheat you are wasting money, delaying your success and, undermining your commitment. Commitment is created by making a decision, then affirming and supporting that decision. It is called improving a commitment. Is it hard? YES! It will also be hard when you get to phase 4, are allowed a cheat day, and have to get back on track the next day. Condition yourself now to have the mental strength to do this. Empower yourself by strengthening your commitment. There is a reason you made the commitment to lose. What is it? Create a chart, like we do for kids, give yourself a gold star or sticker every time you can "improve" and affirm your commitment by choosing not to have a "cheat" but to have an acceptable food or use an alternate stress reliever. You are proving 6 days a week you have what it takes to make this work. Why not get the reward for it? Make it a full seven and really see your weight go!

As to the fullness, YEP... that happens at some point for nearly everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
WAY TO GO!!! You baking ladies out there AMAZE ME!!! I can bake cookies with the kids (when I'm feeling particularly strong willed), but to do that amount of baking and not sampling is awesome!!! WAY TO GO!

HUGS too....I kinda feel like I'm in a lull too - can't say what it is....I think I'm worried I'm plateauing - clothes moved alot of sizes and now nothing...and I just feel blah...and feel like cheating!! What's up with that? I'm well into week 6 now, and I'm totally committed to being healthy and losing the weight. My energy is okay, I'm just "blah".
It depends on where the fat is coming from. The very obvious fat is bulky, comes off easily and quickly and shows early. If you are losing fat from within the muscles, it may take a while for you to see it or see the changes in measurements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
OK...I lost 2.5 lbs at my WI tonite. I'll take it!!! As someone on this thread once said, better to have lost whatever it is, than to have gained it, even if it seems a little low for all the effort. But I'm plugging along and I'm going to keep going.
I am going to Paris for Christmas thru New Years to help take care of my elderly in-laws AND I have a photo shoot, so I'm hoping on 20 lbs total loss by then. Lord knows how I"m going to handle the land of croissants, butter and cheese, chased down by copious amounts of red wine.... But I gotta tell you. I got my husband some cheese to end his dinner with as we normally do...smelled it and almost gagged. I could not believe the reaction I had, when I've been known to just stick my spoon in some runny cheese and eat it non stop. This program is blowing my mind AND my taste buds.
So on second thought...I have a feeling Paris will be easier than I thought. This is a powerful group and I'm glad I'm part of it.
Thanks everyone. I could not do this without you.
Good luck while in Paris! It sounds like you will have a wonderful opportunity and do very well. Remember, if worst comes to worst, a small portion of hard cheese will not take you from ketosis. It will give you added calories which may slow you down depending on how close you are to your goal.

Quote:
I am in LOVE with PC Chai Tea. Which means its prob not good for me right?? The ingredients are: Darjeeling tea, spices (cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, star anise, cloves).

All legal? I cannot find any nutritional info on this!
This seems to be legal. Form what I can find it instructs you to use milk and water, and sweeten. You can't really use the milk, but you could use a vanilla RTD or a thinly mixed up vanilla pudding instead of milk then sweeten with stevia or splenda if it still needs it. Made these ways it would be legal.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
you know what? had a urge for some cheese.... and instead of eating a WHOLE WHEEL of camembert.... took 1/4 and mmmmmmmmm so good... pkg said 0 carb.... 70 for fat.... so YAY.... scale did not move... now...had my treat, back on track... so just a lil bit of cheese wont kick you out of ketosis correct? I think it takes a hit of sugar and or carbs to do that.....
Cheese will not pull you from ketosis in small quantities and if it is low/zero carbs. IT will add fat and calories and can slow you down. It also is an allergen for some people and can cause them to gain fluid/water weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
Hello,
I have enjoyed reading all about ideal protein and alot of these threads.

I just started today. Went and bought all my food for a week, met with coach etc. Then inhaled a shake at noon, a bar at 130...because I thought I would be in meetings at work all day and hadn't eaten at all because I wanted to start this program today, so fasting until noon. Came home after shopping for required food and made a lean steak for dinner with asparagus and 4 cups of veggies, all the vitamins for dinner, then cappuccino drink as last one for the day, drowning in water all day.

Haha probably not recommended on how to do things I'm sure. Will have a better schedule tomorrow but didn't want to delay even one day. I've seen such amazing results in friends etc.

My concern is in reading I see some people say not to eat "restricted items" (is that the bars?) the first 3 weeks, and it seems debatable about the exercise? And something about keeping heartrate down? Now I'm a bit confused (coach didn't mention any of these and said to eat one of those bars a day) and I REALLY want the maximum weight loss and have no desire to cheat (she says after only one day). Should I not eat the bars and go get something from the Clinic to replace them for a few weeks?

Thanks...Sorry for the long winded post. (is this where I should be posting??)

Clueless... and so happy to be here!
Restricted items are allowed from day one on the program. You will still lose weight if you use them as directed. If you want a faster result and can do it, not using them for the first 3 weeks or until you need them will help with that.

We don't get many calories and have a new form of fuel so, exercise should not be too strenuous. Walk at a an easy pace if you can otherwise, wait til week 3. After that slowly reintroduce exercise and try to keep your heart rate in about a 65 -75% of max heart rate range. This is discuss more on the exercise conversation thread.

If you exercise vigorously, make sure you eat a bar before or add an extra unrestricted packet on those days you exercise.

You might want to allow yourself a bar or 2 a week. Cut it up into smaller pieces and put it in freezer baggies. Take out a piece or two on days you want a bit of something extra. It would allow you to have a restricted item, get a treat, and still have maximum loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Good morning all, Nice sunny cold day in Medicine Hat. It is really hard to be sick on this diet. I wake up early which normally is wonderful but now I just want to sleep and I can't, too much energy to just lay on the couch. Making orange pankaces for breakfast then find some mindless tv to watch for the rest of the day. Any suggestions for great movies to watch? Thanks ladies, have an awesome day!
I love watching "when harry met sally", "gone with the wind", "while you were sleeping", "just like heaven", "serendipity", "fried green tomatoes".

If you were asking about more recent movies, I think "eat, pray, love" is out now. I get movies on demand and through net flix, so, there are lots of fresh options. What options/sources do you have to choose from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHo666 View Post
i really hope that its ok too - i have been so hungry in the mornings that i can hardly wait for 11am to eat my lunch. i just ate 1/2 oz of low fat string cheese - 0 fat, 60 cals and 1 gram of carbs. My hope is that it can get me to lunch! I used to have a diet coke but after reading all about them, i can't use that as my crutch to get me to lunch.
I had WI4 last nite - lost 1.6 #s which i know i should celebrate but after 3 weeks of losing less than 2#s each week, i almost think i could do that myself with lots of excerise and watching what i eat. Sorry to moan but just feeling grumpy.
A little cheese is ok. Some people don't drink coffee and exchange their 1 oz of skim milk a day for 1 oz of skim cheese or low fat cheese. It works just fine. It might have to be foregone if you are close to your goal or find you aren't losing as fast but, it will not take you from ketosis.

Good luck getting through lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Hello all!

Today actually marks my 9th day on IP!!
My first weigh in is tonight!!! (I started a day earlier then planned because i was eager so my weigh in is a day late!)

Very excited to see the progress, but nervous too

I had no cheats so im hoping for 5 lbs.
Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

QUICK QUESTION: Where can i get Ketostix????
Fingers crossed!! You can get ketositx from any pharmacist by asking or on the shelf at some drugstores. They are with diabetic supplies usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Congrats on the lower pant size and

You must feel great today!

Quote:

We are off to get some Christmas shopping done. I have a small list and a tight budget so it should be interesting. I also need more calcium-magnesium and multivitamins. Hard to believe I've been on IP for over 3 weeks now.

Keep up the good work everyone! You are doing awesome!
Good luck with the cold sore and enjoy your shopping!

Quote:
Oh Lesley, I've tried that... And alcohol, and toothpaste, and a certain kind of lipstick that dries it out, h2o2 (bad move), heat, ice, lysine, tea bags, omg the works. I used to get them every month but I'm on valtrex, I just haven't been taking my preventative dose. So it's my fault. I did take the recommended 4 pills at onset. That will either squash it if I catch it early enough, shorten the duration or the coldsore won't spread as much. I get them so bad my lip swells up to twice it's size and it looks like someones punched me in the face. So just having it smaller is a huge improvement.
Anyways, my coldsore rant is over now. Thanks lol.

Have you tried colloidal silver? My family uses it. My niece got slobbered on at day care by a child with cold sores and got them all over her face. My sister used the colloidal silver to wash the sores and they went away in about 3 days and have never come back. Other friends and family I know use it and have seen significant improvement and, in several cases, no recurrent outbreaks. Just a thought, since you have tried everything else.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Carla - I do use melatonin on a regular basis (because of my shift work) I will try the other as well. My sleep really is up and down, like 2 nights ago was the first time I slept ALL night in probably 6 months, but last night I couldn't sleep worth a crap! LOL! Once again, thanks for your expertise! ;-)

Quote:
I am in LOVE with PC Chai Tea. Which means its prob not good for me right?? The ingredients are: Darjeeling tea, spices (cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, star anise, cloves).

All legal? I cannot find any nutritional info on this!
I am also in love with the PC Chai Tea. Have you tried the chocolate chai? It is absolutely to die for and is sweetened with Stevia already. It is amazing.
It is 0 0 0.

Ugh, before I started IP, my son was doing a fundraiser for his school, and I ordered a bag of yogurt pretzels, a CASE of frozen cinnamon bun dough , and a CASE of pizza dough, and 2 gift packs of gourmet hot chocolates, and theatre popcorn seasoning. It all arrived today. I had forgotten what I had ordered. :S

Have a great IP day!

Susan
Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Height: 5'7"

Thank you to all of you. I'm so very excited.

I called my coach and she will trade in my bars and other restricted. I'm almost a little frustrated. I want the most weight loss possible and am very committed. She said some people just have a harder time so they go a little easy. I think if I wanted easy I'd have stayed a sugar-a-holic??

Sorry, trying to be funny and sounding ranty.

I will read all the threads and stay away from restricteds the first 3 weeks. AND exercise. Anyone know why, besides your just on a very restricted caloric intake? It won't burn muscle if I do some light exercises will it? Trust me, I'm a natural born couch potato, not that gung ho, but have signed up for challenges where we have to do this odd exercise once the 1st of Dec then add onto it until we do it 100 times. haha (I talk too much).

Also, the coffee in the a.m. with 1 oz FF milk and splenda. Should I avoid this initially too?

Thanks again all of you lovely people are my inspiration!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=showgirlaz;3588218]
Restricted items are allowed from day one on the program. You will still lose weight if you use them as directed. If you want a faster result and can do it, not using them for the first 3 weeks or until you need them will help with that.

We don't get many calories and have a new form of fuel so, exercise should not be too strenuous. Walk at a an easy pace if you can otherwise, wait til week 3. After that slowly reintroduce exercise and try to keep your heart rate in about a 65 -75% of max heart rate range. This is discuss more on the exercise conversation thread.

If you exercise vigorously, make sure you eat a bar before or add an extra unrestricted packet on those days you exercise.

You might want to allow yourself a bar or 2 a week. Cut it up into smaller pieces and put it in freezer baggies. Take out a piece or two on days you want a bit of something extra. It would allow you to have a restricted item, get a treat, and still have maximum loss.

Thank you! That is a great idea. Maybe I will just buy more substitutes and keep the bars like you recommended.

Also that is supposed to be AND AVOID exercise. But I like the idea of a nice walk. I'm getting ready to start my new job which is standing around for 12 hours in an Emergency room until midnight. So I want to build a bit more endurance. (have been off for 3 months waiting)

PS. I LOVE all those movies. As well as Kate and Leopold, The Holiday, Practical Magic etc.

Keep the tips coming, I'll read the other threads as well. (not very good at this posting thing)
Closed Thread