Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #61  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
What spaghetti sauce do you use? I haven't really tried looking yet, but I just assumed that most sauces have sugar/carbs. I'm excited to think that I could have miracle noodles, lean ground beef, and spaghetti sauce! This just made my night haha.
You could make a pasta primavera:
finely minced garlic (I buy it already minced)
chopped zuchinni or summer squash
chopped green onions or leeks
rosemary
oregano
salt
chopped fresh tomato

Prepare the noodles and toss in olive oil, rosemary, salt and oregano. Lightly sautee all but the tomato, just enough to take out the "crunch". Combine the veggie mix with the noodles and toss in the tomatoes (they will warm through from the noodles). Sprinkle with some soy parmesan (if your coach allows it). Serve with crepe mix made into garlic crackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
How do the New Lifestyles RTD's compare in taste to IP? Am curious before I order!
all opinions are welcomed
They taste EXACTLY the same. and even better when you are not feeling stressed about the cost.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #62  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
How do the New Lifestyles RTD's compare in taste to IP? Am curious before I order!
all opinions are welcomed
Everyone who has used them says they taste the same. I have only tasted a mocha and it was good. I couldn't compare it because IP doesn't have mocha.

Quote:
Well at 146 I am 6 lbs from my original goal..........not enough. So I changed my goal weight to 135. When I first started IP my coach asked how much I wanted to lose. I did not have an answer because my goal is a pair of jean in my closet not a number on the scale so I just said, "140" I was at 135 6 years ago and that was perfect. I was not sure, 6 years later, if 135 was too skinny for me. Now that I am at 146 I know 11 more lbs will not be too thin but where I want to be. So I debated whether to make my first goal of 140 then add the additional 5 lbs or just what to do.
I woke up this morning and decided that reaching my goal of 140 would be a hallow victory when in my mind I know that I really want to be at 135.
Wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK!! I know you will get there!
Old 11-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

As of this morning I have lost 25 lbs in six weeks. I have never lost as much weight at one time and felt so good while dieting. IP is truly amazing!

And I never would have been as successful without this forum. Thank you all for every post that you make.

Last edited by cmsgrrl; 11-28-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #64  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Happy Grey Cup Day to all Canadian IP'ers. Stay on track if your going to a Grey Cup party today. I will be at the game here in Edmonton and instead of getting some junk food at the game I will have my pack of Southwest Cheese Puffs as a snack. Have a great Sunday to everyone else.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #65  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

I have to confess that I fell off the program Fri night until I started back on IP this morning. We had our annual Christmas getaway with my associate that I work with. He picks up the tab for everyone and the food is totally out of my control. I went in with the attitude that I'm making a lifestyle change for the long run and one weekend to enjoy with everyone is going to slow me down a little but it isn't going to stop me. I'm more determined than ever to get to my ideal weight. Thanks for letting me confess out loud to make me accountable again.
Paula
Old 11-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
For those using alternative products:

New Lifestyles has the RTD drinks 25% off with the coupon code: RTD These are identical to IP. The coupon is good through Nov. 29th.

New Lifestyles also has a save $35 on a $200 purchase good through Nov. 30th using coupon code: Nov2010

Unfortunately, the coupons cannot be combined.

They do however offer free shipping on orders over $200. 4 cases of 24 RTDs with the RTD coupon works out to be 202.50 with free shipping. They have a 1 year shelf life.
Thank you very much for this info. I just discovered what many people already know - how delicious these RTD drinks taste with a bit of coffee added. Rivals Starbucks!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm leaving in 7 days for a week long cruise. I think from reading on here I should probably go to phase 2 for the trip - I will ask tomorrow when I go weigh in. If any one has any good suggestions I would surely appreciate them. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I am only 1 pound from my milestone of 160. I have not been below that weight since 1973 and I was 21. I was getting a little discouraged for a while. My weight lose had slowed to 2 pounds a week for a month (one week I didn't lose anything) and all of a sudden it has taken off again. Last week I lost 5 pounds and this week I lost 4 pounds. I can't wait to get into the 150's, a place I can hardly remember. When I was 21 my husband bought me a long black, very sexy, velvet dress. I have saved it for 38 years and I took it to the dry cleaners Wednesday. I am going to be in that dress before the winter is over. I weighed 125 when I wore that dress and I am going to again. I will take a picture in it when I reach my goal.

I wish there was some magic way to incorporate exercise into my lifestyle. I have lost 15.5 inches from my waist with very little exercise, but I really need to do something because my skin is hanging on my arms, thighs, belly.

I love IP's plan. I love knowing that it keeps me safe from the crippling disease of my diabetes. When I first started I was on two different insulins and another medication, all injectible. I was taking 7-9 shots a day, plus testing 5 times a day. I don't take any right now. Sometimes my bloodsugar is a little high, but it comes right back down. Fibromyalgia is gone, arthritis is gone, down from 2 blood pressure pills to one per day, and I feel terrific. I have bursts of energy every few days and I love that. Some days I am tired and just go to work and come home. I love that I use to wear a size 24 and now I wear a 10.

I just felt like talking and since not many people are on the boards today, I thought it would be ok. Thanks if you read through this whole thing (and I have not been drinking ).
Rosemary What an inspiring post. I so wish my DH would try this eating plan (although he is kinda forced to too some extent as I don't cook especially for him!!) he is on Metaformin for diabetes, high bloodpressure pills and cholesterol pills!!! When he was complaining about his travel medical insurance being higher than mine, i told him if he would do what I do he would be off every med!!!
Keep up the great work!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Went to my WI today -- sadly, I did not lose any pounds, in fact, I was up 1 pound. Kind of disappointed after making sure I stayed on protocol over Thanksgiving. However, my body fat percentage went down from last week and my H2O went up so I am headed in the right direction in that respect. My coach and I think it may be a hormonal thing going on. I hope so!
tcswain I gained last week too and felt very down, but my coach suggested I go on boot camp this week and have done well...got me back on track as I hadn't been doing well the last month

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingitbaby View Post
Hi everybody Just took my beginning pics and hopped on the scale before mixing up my shake. Since there are no ideal protein coaches in my area, I'm going to be using Dr. Tran Tien guidelines and subsituting with protein shakes as close as possble to IP (so I hope no one minds if I join in on the discussion...)

Thanks ahead of time for all support and encouragement!!!
losingitbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I just got back from WI and another 3 pounds are gone. This diet is just amazing! I have lost a total of 20 pounds in 5 weeks. Another good thing is that I have suffered for years from Fybromialgia and osteoarthritis. There were days that the pain was too much to handle. Since I started IP the pain has been more tolerable, but this past week that I started exercising , the pain is almost gone, my muscles feel more relaxed and I'm starting to get more flexibility in my joints.
This forum has also been inspirational, so thanks to all of you who contribute with your words of encouragement and good advise. God bless you all. Have a wonderful weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Hi everybody!
I've had a really busy couple of weeks, so have just spent the morning catching up on my reading here. to all the newbies! You've come to the best place for encouragement and inspiration!
to everyone who made it through Thanksgiving unscathed!!!
And, finally, to all the wonderful victories!
The last two weekends set me back a little. But I am not feeling negative or down on myself either. I had two fabulous weekends. Both were events that do not happen often - our annual conference and a visit with friends in the US (plus first time to Vegas!). Though I didn't lose weight, I really didn't gain anything either. I made much better/smarter choices with my meals etc. And, even though I did enjoy a few glasses of wine here and there, , it was the first time since I can remember that I never had a drink on the plane (I'm a little nervous flying). It gives me great confidence for the future - after IP - that I can maintain my weight.
But, I'm back on the wagon again and determined to meet my goal for the Christmas Challenge! I'm off to buy and treadmill today and it will NOT turn into a clothes rack!!!
kaarin Sounds like you had a great time and did well!! IP is definitely our new life eating way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegirl View Post
I am new and have lots of questions. I have already learned a lot from reading this blog, but I have more.

1. Can someone tell me what the allowed sugar replacements are?
2. I noticed that some coaches allow diet drinks and some dont, I
would like for someone to tell me what the reasons might be.
3. How often do you suggest weighing at home or should we not weigh at
home?
Thank you all in advance, I have learn more from reading this forum than from my coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
As of this morning I have lost 25 lbs in six weeks. I have never lost as much weight at one time and felt so good while dieting. IP is truly amazing!

And I never would have been as successful without this forum. Thank you all for every post that you make.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Good Sunday To Everyone!!!

27 days until

Inspirational quote for today: Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do.

Had a very good day at our local Home Based Business Christmas Sale!! Long day and didn't drink nearly enough water...so suffered during the night with severe leg cramps!!! So downing the water today!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 207.4/193.3/150

Height: 5'4

First I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone on this forum. I am so inspired by your stories to keep going. It is such a lifestyle change and everyday I have been on the program I have learned something new. I still have many more questions.

1. What does everyone use to keep track of their progress? If they are onlinee, where do I find them?
2. I think I saw somewhere that some were allowed to eat pickles whenever they wanted. What are your thoughts on this?
3. What are some good water alternitives? I hate water and am having such a hard time getting it all in.
4. Who exercises and how much? I have been on this program 1 week.
5. Also please give me ideas to keep the hunger away. LOL.

Again Thank you all so much. You are so motivating!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #71  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I can't believe it is almost time for you to leave!! WOW, time sure has flown by. I hope everything goes great for you and the pets. It will odd not seeing you posting at your usual times. How long will you be in Germany? I know you said, I just have a foggy brain.
I'm having a little trouble believing it myself. And believing I'll get everything done I need to do. I'm planning to stay, if I can get a residence visa -- not easy, and I have to buy my own health insurance at about $750/month, depending on the strength of the dollar. Strength may be the wrong word.

As to posting, well, I'll still be coming on as most people's days are ending or ended only now I'll be 6 hours ahead of the east coast, not six hours behind. Somehow I can't seem to come out on the long end of the stick here.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #72  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
First I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone on this forum. I am so inspired by your stories to keep going. It is such a lifestyle change and everyday I have been on the program I have learned something new. I still have many more questions.

1. What does everyone use to keep track of their progress? If they are onlinee, where do I find them?
2. I think I saw somewhere that some were allowed to eat pickles whenever they wanted. What are your thoughts on this?
3. What are some good water alternitives? I hate water and am having such a hard time getting it all in.

You may not want to hear this, but 3 and 5 are linked, especially if you don't re-hydrated first thing in the morning. At minimum you need to drink 105 ounces of water a day.

About pickles. I know people use them as one of their vegetables, and that some coaches say you can have as many as you want. One regular Kosher pickle has almost as much sodium as you need in a day, though, and too much sodium leads to water retention and puts added strain on your organs.

But you can easily make your own. Google "fresh pickles" or go search the 2nd food sticky. I know there is at least one recipe there. Not only are they cheaper, but I think they taste better and have a little more crunch without the alum pucker.

I have my own spread sheet for tracking progress, so I can't help you there. And Elizabeth's posts in the Exercise sticky are really, really good -- as are others. Hope this helps. And welcome.

An afterthought: If it's cold in the mornings where you are, try making and drinking a whole pot of tea. If you're not normally a tea drinker, perhaps you could start out with a chai tea. Almost everyone seems to like it. And use a little reverse psychology on yourself. You know how weight gain is linked to increased portion sizes. Well, use that to your advantage. Get a BIG mug and drink at least a mug full with breakfast. I got a really cheap one from Target that holds 24 ounces. Tea, especially decaffeinated, unlike coffee and soda, is not much of a dehydrator. Green tea is linked to weight loss.

Last edited by Linden; 11-28-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:

I don't dislike water but there are somedays when I get tired of it that is for sure. I drink herbal tea 0/0/0. Different flavors right now it is spiced apple, tastes like spiced apple cider. yum!
and yes I agree with Linden (i think that is who said it) water and hunger are linked.
keep at it. good luck
Old 11-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #74  
Started IP 11/16/2010

S/C/G: 223/181/125

Height: 5'2"

Aloha! I joined IP on Nov, 16th and at my first WI, I lost 11.6 lbs. and 5" off of my total body. WOWZA! I know that that was only the first week and from here on out it might be 1-4 lbs. a week but, I was so happy. I am at the end of my second week and I can't wait to see what it will be. I have never been so excited to jump on a scale. aha!
I do have a quick question tho..

Does anyone know if I have to have the soups? I can handle everything else but, the soups is a little hard for me. ( or how to change it up a bit.

I would also love to read about phase 1 dinner recipes if anyone has any to share.

Have a great evening!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

phatlocal- I cant do the soups either yucky!! lol I'm reaching the end of my second week and my coach told me it was fine to stick with what i like the chocolate ready to drinks are sooo yumm and so are the cappicunios and raspberry jelly is yummy too i stick to ordering those i think i dont want to eat things that i find are to be not so yummy! Congrats on your huge loss!! I lost 8.4 lbs my first WI and 6 inches 3 of them in the belly yay!!
Closed Thread