Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #46  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Thks! and those vanilla lattes are sooo good arent they? mmmm and especially now with the weather getting cooler.... i was TEMPTED the other day to get a french vanilla cappacino...then checked the nutrition stats on it first... check this and its only a MEDIUM !!!:

TOTALS PREVIEW:

Calories: 250
Fat: 8 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbs: 41 g
Fibre: 1 g
Sugar: 31 g
I make a couple of drinks that I love. I use a 32 oz. cup for both of these.

Fill a cup with about 20 oz of water and a Spicey Chai Tea bag - microwave for 3 minutes. Add a RTD vanilla shake, two dollops of Di Vinci SF French Vanilla, 2 packets splenda, and about 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice. Heat for 1 more minute if you like it really hot and enjoy. I love this. It feels like cheating. I get my Di Vinci syrups at SAM's.

For the next one, I put a Chocolate RTD in my 32 oz cup and heat for about one minute. I add two dollops of WF chocolate syrup, two splendas, and I fill with black coffee. Delicious.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 11-24-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good day Everyone!

I am home from my procedure, and back into routine. Oddly enough after 3 days of fasting, the ketostix are showing no ketosis, but I am hoping that it will only be a short time until I am. I am not hungry, and the headaches are gone.
After not eating for 3 days, my shake tasted amazing when I got out of surgery! LOL!

Hope everyone had a good day, I'm turning in early! Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

I was very pleased with today's weigh-in! It was only 2 pounds, which is average for me, but I actually lost a half inch in my waist. I haven't lost anything in my waist for 9 weeks! I also hit the 35 pound mark. I think that is the most I have ever lost on a diet before.

I talked to my coach about phasing off in three weeks. I actually am supposed to lose 10 pounds first (I'll probably only lose 6) but I want to be done with my phases before my cruise on January 30th. I don't plan on pigging out on the cruise but I am sure I will need to start phase 1 as soon as I return. She thought that was a great idea! I'm kinda scared. I feel so motivated and in control right now but what is going to happen when I add more food???

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #49  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum--just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

A little about my weight loss journey--started about January of this year with portion control, eating whole grains, lean meats, veggies, fruits, and low fat dairy, along with a lot of exercise...starting weight was my highest ever: 291.8, lost 89.8 and was at 202, then started to gain a little throughout a few weeks and felt control slipping away a little bit--went up to 208, and decided (after much reading/hearing about how others did on the program) to join IP to finish off my weight loss. I'm currently at 107.2 down, (23.4 down in ~5 1/2 weeks on IP).

I'm so thankful to have found this forum because I know very few people following this program, and everyone here seems so encouraging and full of inventive ideas!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Welcome! This is a great place for information. You are doing a fantastic job with your weight loss journey. You have come to a good place to finish it!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Default Hair Loss

I have been having a problem with hair loss. My sister who is also on the program asked her coach and below is her response. It relieved me so to know that there was some type of explanation. I am on thyroid meds and called my endocrinologist and she did blood work, and all was good.
I hope it grows in fast
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
wen

Hair Loss-

15% hair loss is normal for us on a consistent basis… When you are on the Ideal Protein Protocol fat cells release toxins and may expedite hair loss which causes you to lose more of your hair quickly, however the hair follicle is not dead and a new hair will grow out. This is not a permanent hair loss but just temporary

Make sure that you take your supplements, omegas, cal-mag and anti -oxidants and olive oil are very important.

It is also suggested if the hair loss persists to have your physician do a Thyroid panel to determine if your thyroid is working properly.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #51  

Default Hair loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
I have been having a problem with hair loss. My sister who is also on the program asked her coach and below is her response. It relieved me so to know that there was some type of explanation. I am on thyroid meds and called my endocrinologist and she did blood work, and all was good.
I hope it grows in fast
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
wen

Hair Loss-

15% hair loss is normal for us on a consistent basis… When you are on the Ideal Protein Protocol fat cells release toxins and may expedite hair loss which causes you to lose more of your hair quickly, however the hair follicle is not dead and a new hair will grow out. This is not a permanent hair loss but just temporary

Make sure that you take your supplements, omegas, cal-mag and anti -oxidants and olive oil are very important.

It is also suggested if the hair loss persists to have your physician do a Thyroid panel to determine if your thyroid is working properly.
IMNSHO, that coach's response about the cause is mumbo jumbo dressed as "science." S/he is probably giving you good information about the outlook -- not permanent.

While it is definitely worth checking into medically, it could simply be "telogen effluvium." Your hair has four phases: anagen (growing), catagen (transition), telogen (resting) and exogen (shedding). Typically 50 - 100 hairs are lost daily because they're finished telogen and are in exogen. Telogen effluvium refers to hair loss because some hair has gone into telogen phase ahead of "schedule." A low-calorie, low-fat diet such as Ideal Protein can trigger this response, as can other stressful events, simply because it's such a drastic change from how we used to eat.

After 3 months on IP in early October, I experienced hair loss more than I used to find in my brush, on my pillow, etc. I had planned to transition off IP anyway and am pleased to report that the hair loss has stopped. I certainly am hoping that the hair that fell out in October is now growing back, but can't really say because there were no identifiable patchy bald areas. (Thank goodness).

You may want to check this thread for people's ideas about how to deal with it. I doubt that any remedies will do much after the hair has gone into catagen/telogen phase. They may be useful as prevention though.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 11-24-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #52  
SoonToBeTheThinGirl

S/C/G: 291.8/208/135 be4IP(start1/10)

Height: 208/182.8/135 IP (start 10/15/10), height: 5'4.25"

Thanks so much for the welcomes! I will have to come back and read the posts thoroughly tomorrow morning, but I wanted to make sure I said thanks while it's still Wednesday the 24th .
Old 11-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #53  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
I woke up this morning with a killer sore throat and cough does anybody know a throat lozenges that can be used while on IP.
Sorry you aren't well. I believe you can use any cough drop that is sugar free or designed for diabetics. I seem to remember Halls Sugar Free being no carb when I had a cold this past spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Good day everyone!

Haven't posted in a while. Just got back from a mini vaca trip with hubby and son to Frankenmuth, Michigan. Had a great time and didn't cheat --- though it was tempting!

Had my WI today and I am down 2 pounds which brings my total loss to 60 --- with 20 more to lose to reach my goal.

I was a bit disappointed with the -2 (I know I shouldn't be), but I had a loss of 2.2 last week. My coach told me she believes my body has been "plateauing out" these past two weeks.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is she right?

She then told me that my body will only be able to hang on to this plateau for so long (without the calories and carbs) and that I should be seeing a 3 or 4 loss next week.

We shall see --- but I am thrilled with the 60 pounds lost so far!!!

L
She is right. Looks like you have lost more than 20% of your original body mass. That is a common point for people to slow down for a short while. Just keep going on as if nothing has changed and soon, you will get that nice loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good day Everyone!

I am home from my procedure, and back into routine. Oddly enough after 3 days of fasting, the ketostix are showing no ketosis, but I am hoping that it will only be a short time until I am. I am not hungry, and the headaches are gone.
After not eating for 3 days, my shake tasted amazing when I got out of surgery! LOL!

Glad things are done! I am guessing it is not showing ketosis because you are 1) well hydrated from all the liquids and 2) adjusted to the ketosis and 3) seeing an effect of gluconeogenesis. If you weren't getting enough protein, your body may have burned its own muscle to create sugar. The net effect may have been to reduce how many ketone packets were free floating and used. You just may not have enough out there to register.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #54  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Sooo...I met up with friends for dinner last night. I was VERY worried bout not having any IP friendly options.
Looked at the menu prior to going and mentally prepared myself!

SOOOO many delish items on the menu

I got grilled salmon (plain..only pepper and EVOO) and steamed veggies!!!
It was actually very satisfying!!! And seeing that everyone else was eating pasta a cream sauces and bread i though id self-sabotage. I DIDNT!
I just hope there were no added things to my dish that i didnt know about This is why i dont even want to eat out. I dont trust the cooks!!!
felt so great to order the right thing and feel satisfied too!!!

Everyone else got a dessert. I just got tea!

forgive me for rambling but I"M PROUD!!

Everyone have a great holiday!!!
I am proud of you, too. I always think how nice it is that everyone can come on this forum and talk about themselves. My first couple of months on here, I hardly said anything. After reading and realizing this is the place to be safe and say what I need to, I became a "bragger" just like many others on here. Who else is going to praise us day after day. Sometimes this is the only place that people get their needs met. Congratulations on your success and proving to your self that you can eat out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good day Everyone!

Sounds like everything went well - good for you. You are doing amazingly well on this plan. Everything will get back to normal in a few days. Stress can cause a great deal of changes in our bodies, so now that the procedure is done things will get back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
Thanks so much for the welcomes! I will have to come back and read the posts thoroughly tomorrow morning, but I wanted to make sure I said thanks while it's still Wednesday the 24th .
Welcome - I am glad you could join us.
This plan is amazing and so is this forum. You will do great.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 11-25-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:07 AM   #55  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default This thread is now closed.

The new daily thread is now open.

This thread will be left open until later today. This will allow you to multi-quote posts from this thread and reply in the new thread.

Please be sure to place all new posts in the new daily thread, not in this thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.
Closed Thread