Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

WOW Loosingfor good 2010!!! I'm still craving bread and carbs. Good for you to get to this point. I sure hope for this to happen to me soon. It's hard to rely on will power alone.

Last edited by Coqui; 11-24-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #17  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
............but next time I now know not EVERYONE eats........and will only take a coffee
I know how you feel!
My coworkers eat junk all day long and offer it to me because they used to see me eating the same stuff.

Feels so good to say NO thanks!
Cant wait to get into my old jeans!!!!
I will seriously have a brand new wardrobe (my old one) lol!

Everyone enjoy the holiday!!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Good Wednesday Morning Everyone!!

31 days until

Inspiration for the day: Learn to laugh at yourself and forgive yourself. Be compassionate with yourself.

Another wintery day here, fresh fall of the beautiful white stuff!!
Been drinking hot peppermint tea like crazy...a warm way to get water in!!

Have a great IP day!!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Good Morning Everyone!
Well yesterday I went through a scary episode of weight gain . It wasn't at WI but my scale said 3 pounds up. I had not cheated , just added the protein bars and opps! It happened!! Fortunately I found a new thread about exercise and restricted foods so I posted my concern. I want to thank Carla for her advice and rationale. I am very carb sensitive so the increase of carbs might have caused this gain. Her suggestion was to begin working out and eat restricted on those days. Sounds good to me, so today I'm starting the Pilates program I was doing a month before I entered IP. I'm confident this will take care of it. Have a God belessed day!!!

Ana
Old 11-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Welcome LOSINGFORGOOD2010!!!

You will do great on IP....this forum is the best tool!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #21  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
31 days until

Inspiration for the day: Learn to laugh at yourself and forgive yourself. Be compassionate with yourself.

Another wintery day here, fresh fall of the beautiful white stuff!!
Been drinking hot peppermint tea like crazy...a warm way to get water in!!

Have a great IP day!!
Hot peppermint tea!! mmmm sounds yummy... how do you prepare?
Lisa
Old 11-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #22  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Hi!!

I want to send a great BIG Thank-you for the advise on my dilema the other day! And thanks again for listening!
I made the decision NOT to go!! I feel relieved with this decision.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #23  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

I just got this recipe from the IP rep, sounds good. I know this is not where I should be posting recipes, so please forgive me :

Grace's "Mashed Potatoes"
Ingredients

Celery Root
Cauliflower
Turnips
Molly Mc Butter Buds
2 tablespoons of FAT FREE Half & Half
Sea salt, pepper
Plenty of FRESH sliced garlic

Brown garlic in a half teaspoon on olive oil and set a side.( just a golden color, it browns VERY quick so please what carefully)

Peel all turnips and celery root and cut into small pieces. Wash cauliflower and break into pieces ( A BIT LARGER). Cook until everything is soft, drain and add remaining ingredients. Mash or blend well with electric mixer. Place in large pan and sprinkle with the browned garlic. Bake on 450 for about 1/2 hour.

Last edited by SJackson; 11-24-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #24  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Default First Temptation....Handled it beautifully!

Sooo...I met up with friends for dinner last night. I was VERY worried bout not having any IP friendly options.
Looked at the menu prior to going and mentally prepared myself!

SOOOO many delish items on the menu

I got grilled salmon (plain..only pepper and EVOO) and steamed veggies!!!
It was actually very satisfying!!! And seeing that everyone else was eating pasta a cream sauces and bread i though id self-sabotage. I DIDNT!
I just hope there were no added things to my dish that i didnt know about This is why i dont even want to eat out. I dont trust the cooks!!!
felt so great to order the right thing and feel satisfied too!!!

Everyone else got a dessert. I just got tea!

forgive me for rambling but I"M PROUD!!

Everyone have a great holiday!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for all the positive comments from all... called my coach and explained the extra intake of eggs / protein during the meeting.... and told her I am having ONLY my IP bar for lunch... she told me NO ! I already had the eggs, so have veg at lunch....and then for supper my IP item and veg again... see? I would have made an error by having the bar alone.... and screwed up LOL. Coaches are great. And yes....it is wonderful to be able to pass up a crispy fresh bagel and cream cheese. Have to admit tho, I was in the grocery store over the weekend, first thing in the morning, and almost chewed my arm off waiting in line as I smelled the FRESH BREAD baking...omggg I almost ran out of there hahhahhah
Old 11-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #26  
Sandy

Quote:
Thanks for all the positive comments from all... called my coach and explained the extra intake of eggs / protein during the meeting.... and told her I am having ONLY my IP bar for lunch... she told me NO ! I already had the eggs, so have veg at lunch....and then for supper my IP item and veg again... see? I would have made an error by having the bar alone.... and screwed up LOL. Coaches are great. And yes....it is wonderful to be able to pass up a crispy fresh bagel and cream cheese. Have to admit tho, I was in the grocery store over the weekend, first thing in the morning, and almost chewed my arm off waiting in line as I smelled the FRESH BREAD baking...omggg I almost ran out of there hahhahhah
LOL, I know how you feel about walking into the store when they are cooking fresh bread/bagels. I would LOVE to get in line, just to get a bite. Feels good to be strong.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #27  
Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Sooo...I met up with friends for dinner last night. I was VERY worried bout not having any IP friendly options.
Looked at the menu prior to going and mentally prepared myself!

SOOOO many delish items on the menu

I got grilled salmon (plain..only pepper and EVOO) and steamed veggies!!!
It was actually very satisfying!!! And seeing that everyone else was eating pasta a cream sauces and bread i though id self-sabotage. I DIDNT!
I just hope there were no added things to my dish that i didnt know about This is why i dont even want to eat out. I dont trust the cooks!!!
felt so great to order the right thing and feel satisfied too!!!

Everyone else got a dessert. I just got tea!

forgive me for rambling but I"M PROUD!!

Everyone have a great holiday!!!
My first temptation was Olive Garden. I had a grilled (dry) chicken caesar salad, no dressing (took my own). The bread sticks smelled sooooo good!!!! but, I stuck with it.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
HOLY COW!!!! Look at the carbs alone!!! No wonder they are soooo good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
My first temptation was Olive Garden. I had a grilled (dry) chicken caesar salad, no dressing (took my own). The bread sticks smelled sooooo good!!!! but, I stuck with it.
OLIVE GARDEN yikes !!!! good for you for being strong... I am a carb addict... it is soooo hard... but getting easier each day.... one day at a time... we can do it...
Old 11-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #29  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Thks! and those vanilla lattes are sooo good arent they? mmmm and especially now with the weather getting cooler.... i was TEMPTED the other day to get a french vanilla cappacino...then checked the nutrition stats on it first... check this and its only a MEDIUM !!!:
Calories: 250
Fat: 8 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbs: 41 g
Fibre: 1 g
Sugar: 31 g
yikes, and that 41 carbs is pure sugar too! My favorite thing now is a vanilla RTD with decaf espresso, either over ice, or hot. Creamy and yummy and I feel better after drinking it rather than worse! YAY for IP teaching us better lessons.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #30  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone

Well I just weighed myself (official weigh in is tomorrow) and I'm down 7lbs!!! Which means 17lbs in 2 weeks!!!! I had to step on the scale twice coz I didn't believe it!!! I feel like I lost inches. Especially in my tummy area. So tomorrow we shall see.
I really wish I could have a signature already! So I can put a little ticker and everything. 20 days seems like forever sometimes. ( I'll be able to Dec2 I think).

Anyways the DH and I are off to run some errands. He's getting a new cellphone and I'm grabbing my mom a birthday gift.
Cooking us "mini burgers" tonight. Should be good!

Take care everyone
Closed Thread