Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #91  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer View Post
Linden I ran across a Shrimp Scampi recipe from Ogdog in the original recipe thread post # 483 (page 33 for me). Don't know if that was the one you were looking for.
Thanks. A lot.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #92  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default On being cold

And a different perspective:

Couple hours ago I dressed up to go to the grocery store, read: large box as cold as a meat locker. Buildings in Hawai'i, particularly grocery stores, are notoriously cold so it isn't at all strange to see someone wearing a sweater.

Today was exquisitley beautiful and 83 degrees -- typical of the day after we have the first thunder and lightening storm of winter, which also signals the first snow on Mauna Kea. Every year it still amazes me to stand at the shore and look up at snow on a mountain that stands just under 14,000 feet and is just about 40 miles away.

The point of this? So I come out of the Safeway wearing a long sleeved turtle neck and a bulky warm sweater (knowing that I won't be too cold when I'm finally outside) and looked at the lady ringing her bell, wearing short shorts and a flimsy see-through blouse covered with a red Salvation Army apron. We smiled at each other and I'll bet she thought I lived at 9,000 feet instead of 32, the way I was dressed.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #93  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

NSV: Today I got together with my family to celebrate my Dad's 85th birthday. They were going to have pizza. I decided to make my own pizza and just take it with me. I used the crepe packet and put some garlic powder in it, then added a little less water (the "dough" was thick) and I patted it out into a little round pizza on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, brushed a little olive oil on it and topped the olive oil with some Italian seasonings. I baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, took it out and let it cool. For the pizza sauce I used some WF marinara and one teaspoon or so of tomato paste -- just enough to thicken the sauce and spread that on it. I then topped it with vegies -- chopped mushroom, green onion, spinach. I had put it on a plate to top it and then put in the microwave to heat it up. Took it to my Mom's on a plate. When it was time to eat I had what everybody else had -- and it was good -- and even my niece said "Hey, where did you get that? I want one". Anyway, it was a victory for me and they all mentioned my weight loss. It just felt great! It was worth the effort to make my own pizza and it was all on the program.

However, if I make another one -- I may try to mix a little of the olive oil in the dough rather than brushing it on top. I think it would make it more of a pizza crust consistency rather than a cracker consistency.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Hitting those walls aren't fun. I hit one about the 5 week mark too! It wasn't much fun and I mostly felt angry at everything including the diet. Hang in there. Your venting rant is encouraging and helps with my resolve too. Thanks.
You girls are the best!!! Yes, I too was mad at everything. And now I'm going to have my beloved vanilla pudding, turn it into a shake with some ice, extra water, a touch of my morning coffee and a swirl of that nasty WF chocolate syrup. It saves me everytime. Night night
Old 11-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #95  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Chocolate Pudding

I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this yet, but just in case I'm not the only one (pretty sure about that ) that strongly dislikes the new formulation chocolate pudding, rest easy!!

My coach told me that the 'new' formulation is made with dark chocolate flavour and is really the original. People that loved it complained when they introduced the last formulation, which was made with a milk chocolate flavour, and so they brought the original flavour back, thinking that would please the clients. Apparently enough people complained to the company again, and they will be bringing back the last formulation and will offer both.

The milk chocolate pudding was my favorite IP packet, so hallelujah!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #96  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

So I finally tried the IP spaghetti for lunch. Boy was that good. I had my asian chicken with beansprouts and mushrooms for dinner. That was fricking amazing. It makes me nervous that the food is so delicious, lol! It shouldn't be too delicious, should it?

DH and I have some raspberry jello setting in the fridge for us for our snack for later. I hope it tastes okay! This is a first also.

Tomorrow is officially Day #14 on the diet. It's gone by so fast! All I can think about is WI on Thursday. My coach expected me to only lose 1lb after my 10lb loss last week but today I'm already down 2lbs. Just praying and working hard for more by Thursday morning!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #97  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default This thread is now closed.

The new daily thread is now open.

This thread will be left open until later today. This will allow you to multi-quote posts from this thread and reply in the new thread.

Please be sure to place all new posts in the new daily thread, not in this thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.
Closed Thread