Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #31  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
well my bags are packed for a week long vacation in Forida and the car is ready for a 20+ hour drive. I have packed all my IP food, Walden Farms items, and a cooler full of bottled water. I thought I was totally prepared, but as I get ready to leave I realized I am very nervous about screwing up. I will miss my weigh in next week and I'm just feeling a little apprehensive that I will be out of my routine. I will check in everyday on this forum and read everyone's great successes and hopefully that will help me to stay focused.

Wish Me Luck!!!
Are you Kidding me?!? Look at your track record! You have done so well so far - 54 lbs in 10weeks...You're Awesome! You are certainly capable of handling a week out of routine. You are prepared and you're going to do great. Enjoy your vacation.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmagirl View Post
Now if I could just convince some of my family that it isn't really a big deal if I don't eat all the sugar and junk over the holidays. They seem bothered by this which I don't understand at all. The holidays are about spending time together NOT gorging myself with sugar and carbs! I am type 2 and my blood sugar has been amazing!! I am so happy.

Have a great weekend everyone!
PERFECT! You are so right about the how we should look at the holidays. There are much more important reasons for our celebrating this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Good Morning Everyone! I have been busy lately but still come here for inspiration regularly! I have been on IP now for three months. I have lost over 40 pounds! My blood sugar is on normal range and have gone from morbidly obese to just 'overweight'! I have had 2 NSV's this week. Two of the neighbor girls were walking past me on their way home from school. The one said to the other, "Look at Jeannie! She's skinny!" and the other one said..."That's not Jeannie..." MY other NSV was that I was shopping for new clothes - finally - and I was in a store, browsing in the women's section like I always do and the sales girl came up to me and said, "This is the women's section - you don't belong here come with me...." I did the happy dance. To all you newbies -- Stick with it! It works! Have a great Holiday!!!!
WOOO HOOOO!! Great job! Gotta love when someone else tells you it is time to leave the woman's section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Just realized that I am down 20 pounds as of today's weigh in!!! Yippee for me!!
That is a wonderful milestone! Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
Icky! My husband and I were out shopping last night and we spontaneously stopped to eat Teppan-yaki. I figured they had grilled food and lots of vegetables - right on both counts. However, what I didn't count on was the amount of oil on the grill, and the sugar in the sauces. Today I feel icky - first time sugar in almost four months.

This clinches it, definitely not worth going off-program for Thanksgiving. It's clear my body is out of practice, and to tell the truth I did feel this icky quite often before starting IP. Also my weight was up 1.5 pounds from yesterday. I expect it will fall off quickly with the resumption of Phase 1, but food I used to consider ok is really not so great. The other thing I noticed was that the vegetables tasted the most delicious - I have really developed a taste for them.

Back on the program and glad to be there!
Oh Sorry! Yeah... that is always a hard realization. Definitely stay on track the next few days. Don't be surprised if your losses this week are a little off. You may have stopped the ketosis process for a short while and need to get things rolling again. Hopefully, things will be great for the next weigh in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I have been reading the "onederland" thread and though I am not in that category I do feel their pain. I have been stuck at 150 for 10 days!!!
I have not been below 150 for years.
Yesterday FINALLY the scale said 149 and today 148. What is it about "milestones" that seem to jinx us? One milestone down and on to the next!! yay

SO happy for you!! I remember getting stuck at 170. It was a hard to be patient. Good luck with the continued decline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Good job couts71!

Welllll yesturday went pretty well, all things considered. I ate my salmon and asparagus while everyone else pigged out on pizza and MY birthday cake (which I didn't even eat, lol). Instead, I made my own birthday cake. Here:

We made muffins out of the chocolate pancake IP mix and then topped them with a thin layer of IP chocolate pudding. Each packet made 2 cakes and my husband and I enjoyed them.

xoxox
They look yummmy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
Good afternoon everyone! I had to come and share...according to my scale I have reached my first mini-goal! 50lbs before Christmas!!! Happy Dance
YEAH!! You deserve something special for that kind of performance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I posted this on another thread but would like some advice about Korean food. I am going out tonight and would like to know if Kalbi is safe since it has a sauce. I could always have a vegetarian dish or some unseasoned meat but was just wondering if anyone has had Kalbi while doing IP.
I replied to your post on the restaurant guide. I hope it helps
Old 11-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

O.K. Not sure what exactly transpired while I slept last night but I got up and the scale said I had gained 1.5 lbs! WHAT? No cheats, nothing same old routine. All I can think of is maybe my water was down yesterday. I know I should not weigh every day, and this is probably why. I've been stressed all day - I have a dinner plans out with my family. Horse show all day tomorrow and weigh in on Monday. Hopefully it wil all straighten out. This just doesn't make my day. It's not TOM either.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #34  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good job couts71!

Welllll yesturday went pretty well, all things considered. I ate my salmon and asparagus while everyone else pigged out on pizza and MY birthday cake (which I didn't even eat, lol). Instead, I made my own birthday cake. Here:

We made muffins out of the chocolate pancake IP mix and then topped them with a thin layer of IP chocolate pudding. Each packet made 2 cakes and my husband and I enjoyed them.

Now off to go grocery shopping. I'd like to make some kale and/or zucchini chips. Those just sound delicious.

xoxox
Your birthday cakes look beautiful and delicious I don't know about you, but when I stay away from a temptation, I feel like I really accomplished something. In your case, staying away from your birthday cake was probably hard, but it will be very rewarding
Old 11-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #35  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

I just got back from doing my official weigh-in. I had an "unofficial weigh-in last week and over the past two weeks I lost 5 pounds I had two really hard weeks that had nothing to do with IP, but just made staying on the protocol a little harder. Just had to perservere through it.

Last edited by tcswain; 11-20-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #36  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
Happy Weekend to everyone!! Today is only my 3rd day and last night i experienced my very first dining out challenge....my family is in town for the weekend and wanted to go to a local rest. that is mostly bbq. I was so proud of myself I absoluetly love their blue cheese burger but last night i went with 2 small crab cakes and steamed veggies and took the carrots out!! My family was almost in shock I actually ordered this!! I was also the designated driver as i opted to not cheat and not have a drink or 2 and let everyone else I stuck to my ice water! 2 problems I'm having though are getting these huge pills down im so not a pill taker!!! I skipped them last night! whoops! What happens if I cant get them down and do skip them? second of everyone even the dr's office warned me a million times about the big "C" (constipation) Im having the opposite problem! Is that normal? BTW my scale says im down 2.4 pounds!!of course its not as accurate as the dr's but hopefully its not to wrong thats encourgaging!!
You made some good decisions. You will do well on this plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
O.K. Not sure what exactly transpired while I slept last night but I got up and the scale said I had gained 1.5 lbs! WHAT? No cheats, nothing same old routine. All I can think of is maybe my water was down yesterday. I know I should not weigh every day, and this is probably why. I've been stressed all day - I have a dinner plans out with my family. Horse show all day tomorrow and weigh in on Monday. Hopefully it wil all straighten out. This just doesn't make my day. It's not TOM either.
Don't you hate it when that happens. Maybe you could try only weighing at the coach's office one time per week. It may help with the stress.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 11-20-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #37  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys - sorry to bother. I have another question...

I'm so bad on my veggies, so please don't laugh but is zucchini-squash same as zucchini?? It looks the same but the "squash" part threw me off, especially since this is a restricted item.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
I know that is frustrating. It could be water, it could just be some hidden thing. Don't worry. Eat on plan and do your normal activities. Weigh in again with your coach. This plan is not always a linear loss. We sometimes do go up, lose less, hold the same... not to worry.

Quote:
Hey guys - sorry to bother. I have another question...

I'm so bad on my veggies, so please don't laugh but is zucchini-squash same as zucchini?? It looks the same but the "squash" part threw me off, especially since this is a restricted item.

Thanks
Yes, zucchini is a squash. It is a thin skinned summer squash variety. We are not supposed to have hard, thick skin, winter squash.

Yellow zucchini, crooked neck, and green zucchini are all ok.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #39  

Ok Ladies! Time for me to say goodnight.

I have been invited to a David Cassidy concert tonight.

I have no clue what he sung. I never saw the Partridge family and was too young for his music when he was the most popular.

I am most looking forward to the audience. I am wondering who else wanted to go.

Have fun tonight everyone. See you tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #40  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Oh okay... That makes more sense! Thanks so much, Carla. I actally made your zucchini chips recipe you posted for my husband and I. And let me just say - my husband DOES NOT eat veggies.. until now! Holy smokes those were delicious! It was so good, I felt bad for eating them!!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
35 days til

Inspirational thought for today: Replace "I can't" with "I can" and " I will"

Up early this weekend morning...off to watch my Grandson play hockey..he is a goalie!!!
Have a great day!
Journeysend thank you so much for your daily quotes...they are very inspirational!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #42  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I have been invited to a David Cassidy concert tonight.

Ack! I'm so jealous!!!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #43  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Good afternoon everyone! I had to come and share...according to my scale I have reached my first mini-goal! 50lbs before Christmas!!! Happy Dance
Wow! Fabulous! Congrats!
Old 11-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Quote:
Good job couts71!

Now off to go grocery shopping. I'd like to make some kale and/or zucchini chips. Those just sound delicious.

xoxox
Happy Birthday!

Have been so hungry for cake. Will definitely give this a try. Thx for posting the delicious-looking pics! Made my mouth water.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #45  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Awesome. That must feel great!
Closed Thread