Old 11-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #1  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Default No Thanksgiving Cheat Group

So I think this started on the daily chat, and now people are looking for where to join. I will start the group... I know it will help me stick to protocol if I commit to it here.

So state your commitment here if you plan to stay 100% on IP Protocol for Thanksgiving. Then come back here on Thanksgiving and post your daily food intake here.

I'm in hope you will join me!
jency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #2  

I'm in..

I need a daily or every 3 days no cheat...i had been perfect up until 2 weeks ago now it's like every 3 days I am eating off protocol...anyone of you experienced i.pers experienced this???
dodomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #3  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I am IN IN IN

I don't even plan on eating or attending a large meal.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #4  
Skinny girl in training

Yay! I was getting lonely in here! Darbs I'm doing the same thing no thanksgiving this year, I'm sure I will enjoy it that much more next year! I am going to Harry Potter tonight and sneaking in my SW Cheesy Poofs! Yum!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #5  
Skinny girl in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
I'm in..

I need a daily or every 3 days no cheat...i had been perfect up until 2 weeks ago now it's like every 3 days I am eating off protocol...anyone of you experienced i.pers experienced this???
I had a friend that was doing this. She went 6 weeks no cheats straight IP protocol. Then she had some health issues that prevented her from staying on IP. When she could go back to plan it took her 4 attempts to make it past the third day. Now she's doing great and not having any problems staying on plan. The last time she attempted she had really decided to re-commit to the program. The previous attempts were only half hearted. So you really do have to be in the right frame of mind to make it to that magically 4th day ... you can do it!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

I plan on having Thanksgiving Dinner but not cheating. I'll make sure to make some incredible whipped cauliflower, tasty veggies, and eat a yummy turkey. While everyone enjoys dessert I think I'll go on a walk and have a lemon poppyseed bar!

Last edited by kcjohn; 11-19-2010 at 06:29 PM.
kcjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #7  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

I am so glad to see this group. Count Me In!!
I have thought to myself that I will not cheat over the holidays and I am still 100% committed to that. I am feeling nervous as the time approaches though because I am traveling to Florida on Sunday to spend all of next week with family. I will be completely thrown out of my routine and that worries me, so I have spent this week making a plan that will keep me on track.

Knowing that everyone here has the same goal in mind will make it a lot easier. As the old saying goes " there is safety in numbers" so together we can get through this holiday with no cheats!!

Good luck to everyone and I'm sure I will be here often looking for support!
willbethin2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #8  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

Not planning any cheats here At least for Thanksgiving that is I should be at goal a few weeks before Christmas so will phase out and be able to indulge in a couple things on Christmas... but for Thanksgiving, count me in!
queenmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

just read the title of this thread... seemed like it said,

NO THANKSGIVING.... CHEAT GROUP!

I shook my heat and did a double take! I was trying to figure out who decided to just boldly cheat for Thanksgiving. :P

then I realized it is a NO CHEAT Thanksgiving Group!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #10  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

I am in - I am having turkey, ham, whipped cauliflower, green beans, dill pickles, and my Chai Spice tea with pumpkin spices. Sounds like a feast to me. I am making the entire traditional meal for my family. I will send home all of the leftovers with them. I have followed protocol for six months and I am not going to mess things up by doing it now. I don't resent having a different menu than others because I have chosen to eat this way and I like it.

This thread was a great idea. Thanks!

Last edited by rosemary2612; 11-19-2010 at 09:04 PM.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #11  
Skinny girl in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
I am so glad to see this group. Count Me In!!
I have thought to myself that I will not cheat over the holidays and I am still 100% committed to that. I am feeling nervous as the time approaches though because I am traveling to Florida on Sunday to spend all of next week with family. I will be completely thrown out of my routine and that worries me, so I have spent this week making a plan that will keep me on track.

Knowing that everyone here has the same goal in mind will make it a lot easier. As the old saying goes " there is safety in numbers" so together we can get through this holiday with no cheats!!

Good luck to everyone and I'm sure I will be here often looking for support!
I think you will do great! About a month after I started I went on a roadtrip with my dad. We usually just grab sandwiches at the maverick or stop and eat at a restaurant for every meal. We were gone for 4 days and I packed all the food I needed for those days into a cooler. It was a lot easier then I thought and the bonus was we weren't spending a lot of time looking for a place to eat. I had warned him what I was doing and he packed his own cooler too! So we both ate much healthier that trip!

My biggest reason to not cheat on Thanksgiving is I'm too afraid that I won't stop cheating through the rest of the holiday. So I'm committing to not cheating one holiday at a time. I'd rather be down another 20 lbs by New Years then sitting where I'm at now.

Good luck everyone!!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

I am not going to cheat either. I have a few ideas as of how I'm going to handle it. I'm going to my sister's house and she already asked me to make the mashed poatoes because she says mine are the best. So I'm having my husband do all the tasting while I make them so I don't even have to try them. I'm making a few vegetable dishes ( mushrooms, zuchini with shallots and green beans) with olive oil and garlic. I am bringing a turkey breast seasoned with sea salt and pepper and a mushroom soup for gravy. I'm also mixing one cranberry/pomegranate drink with lemon and perrier and for dessert I'll have one of the IP candy bars. I'm 26 away from goal and I'm not going to ruin it in one day.

Last edited by Coqui; 11-20-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Coqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #13  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
So I'm committing to not cheating one holiday at a time. I'd rather be down another 20 lbs by New Years then sitting where I'm at now.
Jency, this is perfect and will be my mantra for the next 6 weeks! WE CAN DO THIS!

Jess
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Count me in!

Wow! Great idea! I am fortunate.....kind of. I will be working away from home all weekend, so the temptations will be less, I believe.

I just keep reminding myself it is only one Thanksgiving....and next year I hope I can enjoy some great food, but in a controlled way!
Traveling Stitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
I had a friend that was doing this. She went 6 weeks no cheats straight IP protocol. Then she had some health issues that prevented her from staying on IP. When she could go back to plan it took her 4 attempts to make it past the third day. Now she's doing great and not having any problems staying on plan. The last time she attempted she had really decided to re-commit to the program. The previous attempts were only half hearted. So you really do have to be in the right frame of mind to make it to that magically 4th day ... you can do it!
Jency thanks for giving me hope...This will be my 4th restart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I am in - I am having turkey, ham, whipped cauliflower, green beans, dill pickles, and my Chai Spice tea with pumpkin spices. Sounds like a feast to me. I am making the entire traditional meal for my family. I will send home all of the leftovers with them. I have followed protocol for six months and I am not going to mess things up by doing it now. I don't resent having a different menu than others because I have chosen to eat this way and I like it.

This thread was a great idea. Thanks!
Rosemary do share your recipe for whipped cauliflower it sounds so good!
dodomommy is offline   Reply With Quote