Old 11-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #46  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I hear ya!
He refused to do IP. Says he can't. WHATEVER! He said "set me up on something low carb." (picture me smiling sweetly and saying "OK" as I put him on IP alternate style! ) He gets costco shakes, egg whites, tuna, lean protein, all my veggies, lots of salad, occasionally my puddings for a dessert and, my vitamins (all of them!). He says "so much better than what you did with all the packets." Uh Huh!! RIGHT! LOL. It is working great for him.

Sorry for going Off Topic (OT)!!!
Okay, that just makes me laugh! Good job on helping him NOT do IP.

I will be with you all in behaving for Thanksgiving. It's just not worth it to blow it now.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #47  
WhoDatChick

S/C/G: 229/189.0/150

Height: 5'7"

I am IN!! I'll be traveling to North Louisiana today and absolutely LOVE my mother-in-laws cooking but will be fixing my own little Thanksgiving meal. I'm in my 4th week and have lost 18 lbs and do not want to blow it on one day!! I'll enjoy it next year!!!

I hope everyone has a Blessed Thanksgiving!!!!:
whodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm in!
I knida cheated by scheduling myself to work 11am to 5pm.........how odd that it just happens to be when my boyfriend's family is having Thanksgiving. haha
So I will go home make and IP dinner for me. Salmon, grated cauliflower and either celeryroor or turnips and salad.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #49  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

Wink

I want to wish all a very Happy Thanksgiving. Good luck on your food plans
uglycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #50  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I started out the day with a long relaxing bath and 1.5L of water followed by an IP Hot chocolate... now I'm gonna read a book by the fire! Good luck today!
jency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #51  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I have garlic roasting in the oven for my mashed faux-tatoes! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! The snow is falling outside, I started my day with IP hot chocolate and am now watching Mythbusters. What a great day!
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #52  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

I'm so glad I am committed to this! My TOM just hit and I'm craving all things chocolate and carbolicious right now! Luckily I have neither in my house Time for lunch.... chicken soup and salad with lots of veggies!
jency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

probably way too late for this question and it might be a dumb question, but....i'm getting ready to make the mashed cauliflower in an hour and now i'm not sure if i'm supposed to prepare the soup or just use the dry pack. never thought of it before this moment. if anyone can give some guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thx!

Good luck to all staying on track today.
loves2swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #54  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default T'giving Dinner

Appetizer:Celery stalks with WF blue cheese dressing for dip

Dinner: Roasted organic chicken
Garlic cauliflower
Fresh peas, mushrooms, and pearl onions (1st restricted vegetable in 6 months)
Large Romaine salad

Dessert: Raspberry jello with cooked rhubarb

7,000 steps minimum in Queen Lili'uokalani Gardens with puppy.

http://www.letsgo-hawaii.com/hilo/86banyan1_b.jpg

Wishing you and yours a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #55  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2swim View Post
probably way too late for this question and it might be a dumb question, but....i'm getting ready to make the mashed cauliflower in an hour and now i'm not sure if i'm supposed to prepare the soup or just use the dry pack. never thought of it before this moment. if anyone can give some guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thx!

Good luck to all staying on track today.
I made it last night and used the dry mix (for maybe 4 cups florets, I used half a pack of chicken soup mixed in). The steamed cauliflower is plenty wet. I sprinkled some onion powder and black pepper, too. Yummy last night and some left over for today. Hope this is in time for you!

I did fine with my holiday meal today. DD and I went to a conference center on the campus where I work that serves a lovely meal for the graduate students (many international) and any faculty/staff who want to come. All the trimmings, but I just had 7 ounces of roasted turkey breast (eye-ball guess, but about right), lovely green salad with WF italian dressing, and some green beans. I made some stevia-sweetened cranberry sauce and took a small amount with me in a little container to enjoy. Brought my Real Salt! Had a cup of decaf with splenda while others enjoyed their dessert.

Glad my kiddo could eat what she wanted; had a nice conversation with colleagues who haven't seen me in awhile, so the compliments to my appearance were well worth staying on plan. Did not feel my meal was lacking anything. And no leftovers to deal with!

Hope everyone else found that the pledge to themselves wasn't too difficult. It is your gift to you! Priceless!

Last edited by the wonder cat; 11-25-2010 at 06:08 PM.
the wonder cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
I made it last night and used the dry mix (for maybe 4 cups florets, I used half a pack of chicken soup mixed in). The steamed cauliflower is plenty wet. I sprinkled some onion powder and black pepper, too. Yummy last night and some left over for today. Hope this is in time for you!

I did fine with my holiday meal today. DD and I went to a conference center on the campus where I work that serves a lovely meal for the graduate students (many international) and any faculty/staff who want to come. All the trimmings, but I just had 7 ounces of roasted turkey breast (eye-ball guess, but about right), lovely green salad with WF italian dressing, and some green beans. I made some stevia-sweetened cranberry sauce and took a small amount with me in a little container to enjoy. Brought my Real Salt! Had a cup of decaf with splenda while others enjoyed their dessert.

Glad my kiddo could eat what she wanted; had a nice conversation with colleagues who haven't seen me in awhile, so the compliments to my appearance were well worth staying on plan. Did not feel my meal was lacking anything. And no leftovers to deal with!

Hope everyone else found that the pledge to themselves wasn't too difficult. It is your gift to you! Priceless!
Thx, so much for your response, Wonder Cat. I made it with the dry soup, added a little olive oil and a bunch of seasonings. Was amazed at how delicious it was. Tasted like delicious garlic mashed potatoes IMO...didn't feel deprived AT ALL! Getting ready to have one of the peanut butter/vanilla bars for dessert.

Made it through the whole day with no cheats. Feeling good tonight.

Best wishes to all as we kick off this holiday season...IP style!
loves2swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Default Post Thanksgiving check in

Whew...got thru thanksgiving with family at a restaurant that had no salad or vegetables. I pre made mushroom soup and used it as a delicious gravy over the turkey that I ate. I had 4 thin round slices of the sweet potato, lots of water, no alcohol (miracle for me) and a cup of coffee. I'm now eating my veggies with the leftover mushroom soup over them. Yum. Will have my salad in about 2 hours. Wait another 2 hours and have my vanilla pudding as my reward for a job well done.
Congratulations to everyone and thanks to this forum...every single day there's something here that helps me get thru the day and keep moving forward.
You all have a wonderful evening
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Well I did it and I feel so good! IP protocol on Thanksgiving. While everyone was bloated and stuffed going through a turkey comma, I felt great. I even made mashed potatoes and didn't even feel like having some. It was well worth it. I hope the scale shows it on Saturday.
Coqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Smoked turkey breast, steamed cauliflower and brocholi, green beans for lunch. My big treat of the day was a restricted peanut butter bar, while my husband had Pumpkin pie AND Fudgy Chocolate Pecan Pie. Life is good.
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

I really wanted to be apart of the NO CHEAT Thanksgiving group. My husband cooked the traditional Thanksgiving dinner, I cooked stuffing, mashed cauliflower, chicken gravy and custard all the I.P. way. Everything looked so delicious. Then I started to eat it. uuuugh! The stuffing was yuke, mashed cauliflower was fare, chicken gravy (not that great over turkey or stuffing). The custard was awesome and was seasoned to taste like pumpkin pie. I was so disappointed and upset about the stuffing, cauliflower and gravy that I had some of what my husband had made. My husband said at least I tried. Tomorrow is another day and I will start over.
Gabby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote