Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #16  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by njajcjmomma View Post
The side effect of being is taking its toll.... I am freezing all of the time! Today for the 3rd time this week I am wearing my coat at my desk. It's 73ish degrees in the office. That should be plenty warm. And I try not to drink to much tea and warm water just doesnt cut it. I am going on lunch to buy some gloves to cut the fingers off of to wear while I type :-) And last night I slept in a tank top, long sleeve shirt, hoodie, pants, socks and 2 heavy blankets... I used to sleep in shorts and a tank! This is NUTS!

Sorry there's my vent for the day lol.
Just think of the extra fat all that shivering is burning off!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #17  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Cool

SJackson You will do great on Thanksgiving....I had 2 others here for our Canadian Thanksgiving and we totally did IP and didn't feel deprived AND felt soo much better than everyone else after!!! No sitting around wishing we hadn't ate so much and wanting to sleep for us!!! I took my IP packets on the plane all the way to Germany!! some in my checked baggage and some in my carry on. There shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for the info about taking the IP packets on the plane. You know, after thinking about this a bit more, I REALLY like the "cauliflower rice" and it's even good the next day for lunch. I think I am going to make that for myself in place of the potatoes.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #18  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

good morning all! .....don't forget to add ice to your waters- you burn an extra 200 calories a day cause your body has to 'warm it up'..

anyway, I did a big groc shopping, put it all away, drinking my protein drink and heading to cellar to sew.. feeling draggy cause the detoxing of sugars/carbs..it lasts a few weeks with me then I can zoom!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

Quote:
The side effect of being is taking its toll.... I am freezing all of the time! Today for the 3rd time this week I am wearing my coat at my desk. It's 73ish degrees in the office. That should be plenty warm. And I try not to drink to much tea and warm water just doesnt cut it. I am going on lunch to buy some gloves to cut the fingers off of to wear while I type :-) And last night I slept in a tank top, long sleeve shirt, hoodie, pants, socks and 2 heavy blankets... I used to sleep in shorts and a tank! This is NUTS!

I can totally relate I am sitting in my office with my little heater going on high and my jacket on. Never realized how warm the extra insulation was!! No gloves for me yet although the fingerless ones could work! LOL and winter is just starting urgg!!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Have a great day everyone - I finally started loosing again! the delay was self-inflicted - but I am moving again
Old 11-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #21  

Yikes!.. I had my first weight-related nightmare last night... I couldn't get my jeans zipped, it was awful!..

All this talk about being cold is something I can finally relate to... I've been cold at night for about a week, so yesterday I gave in & turned up the waterbed heater a couple of degrees... it still wasn't enough... I hate having a lot of clothes on for sleeping, usually I'm in a tank top, but maybe it's time to switch to something warmer... I used to think I'd hate living farther south from here, but now I'm ready to move!.. all I need to do now is win the lottery... (fat chance!.. ooo, that was a poor choice of words)..

As for Thanksgiving, I'll have only one small "going astray".. my mom's stuffing... I know I'll have to have a spoonful of it, but otherwise, I can stay on protocol... from my experiences lately of being able to walk down the candy aisle at Walgreen's, glance at all the sweets, & think, YUCK!, I'm pretty sure I can resist the sugary desserts my parents will be bringing...

hugs
Old 11-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #22  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee in Florida View Post
I have nightmares that I accidentally eat something and throw myself out of ketosis. I am not going to cheat on Thanksgiving. I have already practiced Cauliflower mashed potatoes.

I had to fly a few times now, and I had a hard time getting my water in.
what do you mix with your cauliflower and how do you get in a nice texture...whenever I try to "whip" them using a mixer...everything flies all over the place....lol
Old 11-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #23  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Dee in Flordia--- I've been having food eating nightmares too!! I wake up thinking "oh no I cheated" and then realize me stuffing my face was just a dream.
ETA:::: meandmax: I put the cauliflower in a purée machine. Seemed to work well.

Well today I am one year older I turned 23 today. We are having family over tonight for my birthday party. And I've decided awhile ago -- I'm NOT cheating. I've got a substitute birthday cake (IP choc pancake mix) and I'm just as excited.
For my first week on the program I had a hard time with my nerves. When I do something I do it 100%. And I always felt like maybe I kicked myself out of ketosis or maybe I was doing everything wrong and never even made it into ketosis. But I found those Ketostix helped ease my mind and keep me motivated when I saw that I was producing ketones.
I'm still having issues with my hunger. Especially in the morning and between meals. My coach said 4 hours between meals is what she wants. But I find after I eat breakfast, I'm already thinking about lunch. And then the time goes so slow. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Anyways --- have a wonderful day m'dears. And stay warm&cozy.

Last edited by SashaJS; 11-19-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #24  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

I'm going for my weekly weigh in now... my heart is not in it. I lost my 9 year old chihuahua on Wednesday and have been grieving the loss so much that I feel like my life has unraveled....tried not to mention it here but feel like some of you would understand my loss..

Marilyn
Old 11-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #25  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Oh no Marilyn, I am so sorry to hear my dog is my best friend so I cannot even imagine and I really do feel for you.
Lots of hugs.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #26  

Gobs of hugs from me too, Marilyn... like SashaJS, my dog is my best friend, so I understand your sadness in losing yours... may all your happy memories help ease your pain...

Old 11-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 185/153/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
Just think of the extra fat all that shivering is burning off!
Thats so true :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellio View Post
I can totally relate I am sitting in my office with my little heater going on high and my jacket on. Never realized how warm the extra insulation was!! No gloves for me yet although the fingerless ones could work! LOL and winter is just starting urgg!!
I went at lunch and bought some super heavy sweaters!.. I cant even wear my long sleeve shirts they are NOT warm enough. And I have a feeling this is just the start winter is just now here and we dont even have snow yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Yikes!.. I had my first weight-related nightmare last night... I couldn't get my jeans zipped, it was awful!..

All this talk about being cold is something I can finally relate to... I've been cold at night for about a week, so yesterday I gave in & turned up the waterbed heater a couple of degrees... it still wasn't enough... I hate having a lot of clothes on for sleeping, usually I'm in a tank top, but maybe it's time to switch to something warmer... I used to think I'd hate living farther south from here, but now I'm ready to move!.. all I need to do now is win the lottery... (fat chance!.. ooo, that was a poor choice of words)..

As for Thanksgiving, I'll have only one small "going astray".. my mom's stuffing... I know I'll have to have a spoonful of it, but otherwise, I can stay on protocol... from my experiences lately of being able to walk down the candy aisle at Walgreen's, glance at all the sweets, & think, YUCK!, I'm pretty sure I can resist the sugary desserts my parents will be bringing...

hugs
Yeah I definately had to change what I wear to bed. I do not like lots of clothes when I am sleeping. They twist and bunch and ride up but I also cant afford to heat my house to 80 degrees.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #28  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
I'm hoping that I don't totally blow it on Thanksgiving.

I already know that I will have a couple of bites of mashed potatoes and a couple of bits of the sweet potatoes. I LOVE stuffing, but, I only love mine. Since I'm going to a relative's house the stuffing will be easy to avoid. I'm taking an appetizer and a side dish.

When I think about all of the food that is offered at our usual family functions, I feel pretty good knowing that I can avoid 95+% of what's going to be offered throughout the day/evening.

A bigger challenge for me will be the week after Thanksgiving. I will be on vacation visiting my son and his family who live in another state (a 3 yo grandson and a new 2 month old grandson that I can't wait to meet) I'm really thinking about shipping some supplies out to them for me, since I don't want to risk the airlines confiscating it. We are going to be busy, so I'm hoping I can still do well.
Sending supplies out is a great idea. It will help you stay on program.
You will do fine!
Old 11-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #29  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
The side effect of being COLD is taking its toll.... I am freezing all of the time! Today for the 3rd time this week I am wearing my coat at my desk. It's 73ish degrees in the office. That should be plenty warm. And I try not to drink to much tea and warm water just doesnt cut it. I am going on lunch to buy some gloves to cut the fingers off of to wear while I type :-) And last night I slept in a tank top, long sleeve shirt, hoodie, pants, socks and 2 heavy blankets... I used to sleep in shorts and a tank! This is NUTS!

Oh my gosh I've been suffering from this all day! I used to hardly ever wear hoodies but now they are a staple. My stick thin mom is always complaining about being cold. I just thought she was being dramatic, but I'm clearly headed that way. BRRRRRRRRR
Old 11-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
I'm going for my weekly weigh in now... my heart is not in it. I lost my 9 year old chihuahua on Wednesday and have been grieving the loss so much that I feel like my life has unraveled....tried not to mention it here but feel like some of you would understand my loss..

Marilyn
Marilyn, so sorry to hear that you lost your chihuahua, I know how you feel..we had a miniature poddle for over 18 yrs and it was like losing a member of the family when she went.

Last edited by Journeysend; 11-19-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Closed Thread