Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Just read a great line in a Scottoline novel: "None of us ever outgrows the kid in the bathroom mirror." Just thought I'd share it.
As Novak might say -- Brilliant!.. speaking of Novak, I miss her, wish she'd pop in & let us know how she's doing...

hugs
Old 11-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #32  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
As Novak might say -- Brilliant!.. speaking of Novak, I miss her, wish she'd pop in & let us know how she's doing...

hugs
That's really, really odd. I've been thinking the same thing; needing her realism to counteract some of the stranger interpretations of IP.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #33  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Just read a great line in a Scottoline novel: "None of us ever outgrows the kid in the bathroom mirror." Just thought I'd share it.
Linden, this totally brought tears to my eyes. I want to go back to being that 8 year old girl in the mirror who thinks she's just perfect!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #34  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

So today I went in for laser hair removal on my bikini line (rocking Groupon special) in preparation for next summer when I'm not ashamed to be in a bathing suit!

WI #6 tomorrow - crossing my fingers for 3.6 lbs to get me to a 20 lb loss.

I'm watching Biggest Loser from last night - the family videos are making me cry.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Weigh in this morning and after two weeks of traveling and eating stuff I didn't cook, I'm down 5.1 pounds!

I had a good conversation with my coach and she agrees that it is a good time for me to start making some transitions in foods. I'm going to be on rather modified version of IP while I still have a safety net. I'm going to weigh in every other week and then, in January will evaluate where I'm at. There are lots of things that go into my decision which I'll probably write about on my blog at some point, but I really do think IP is a great program and I'll go back to it again if I feel I need to.
Thanks for letting us know. I'll bookmark your blog for regular updates. Your post reminded me of a recent blog post about speed of weight loss, "Tortoise, Bunny or Turtle-Bunny". Using those distinctions, I'd say IP is a great program when you're in the bunny frame of mind. When you're no longer into being a bunny, find a turtle program.
Quote:
My scale, the one I use for weigh-ins, has gone totally wonky. ...
I guess I'll just continue on program until I get to Europe and buy a new one there. Until then, I'll just sit in limbo-land. Sigh.
A wonky scale -- how wonderful! Good thing measuring tapes are less likely to go awry.
Quote:
Love this!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #36  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Thanks for letting us know. I'll bookmark your blog for regular updates. Your post reminded me of a recent blog post about speed of weight loss, "Tortoise, Bunny or Turtle-Bunny". Using those distinctions, I'd say IP is a great program when you're in the bunny frame of mind. When you're no longer into being a bunny, find a turtle program.

A wonky scale -- how wonderful! Good thing measuring tapes are less likely to go awry.

Love this!
Turtle-bunny's are sounding pretty good, for now.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

Another slow weight loss week. Only 1 lb. I'm trying hard not to get discouraged. I keep telling myself, if I were doing WW or any other diet, I would be thrilled to lose even 1 pound! I have 12 pounds to lose until phase 2, I get discouraged when I think it may take 12 weeks to get there.
I had my Thanksgiving meal all planned - turkey, mashed cauliflower, fresh veggies and a salad ( maybe a pudding). Then my coach said that they are recommending the following to all of their clients:
No restricted this week or next
No sugars or fats on Thanksgiving day except for your main meal
Enjoy your Holiday meal
Start back on protocol Friday

Of course, if I want to stay on plan, I can. But, since I am losing so slowly, I was wondering if I shook things up with one meal if I would start losing again.
Any thoughts?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #38  

Default 5 cooked ounces?!

Are we to weigh the meat/protein after cooking it? Five ounces seems like a huge serving, so I'm not positive that's an after-cooked weight.

Has anybody had success with eating less meat/protein? Has anyone replaced the cooked protein with another packet? Just wondering!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #39  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperGal View Post
Are we to weigh the meat/protein after cooking it? Five ounces seems like a huge serving, so I'm not positive that's an after-cooked weight.

Has anybody had success with eating less meat/protein? Has anyone replaced the cooked protein with another packet? Just wondering!
This has been up for discussion several times on this forum. I was told by my coach that meat was to be weighed before cooking. Others have posted that they were told after cooking. My best guess would be to ask your coach for clarification.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=JollyCrewzer;3573279]Then my coach said that they are recommending the following to all of their clients:
No restricted this week or next
No sugars or fats on Thanksgiving day except for your main meal
Enjoy your Holiday meal
Start back on protocol Friday
QUOTE]

Because I've been struggling for the past month, this sounds like a plan I could do and not feel deprived on Thanksgiving .... I love IP and what it's done for me, but I'd really like to just be 'normal' for one day!

Of course, I recognize that 'normal' wouldn't be converting back to my old eating habits. I don't know if I can ever go back there! But, it'd sure be nice to be able to have a scoop of mashed potatoes or a small piece of pumpkin pie with my turkey.

I'm going to print this out and take with me to my weigh-in. But I doubt my coach will endorse this plan. They're pretty strict.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:03 PM   #41  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

So I haven't been too excited about thanksgiving this year, just trying to figure out a way to completely avoid the whole holiday. Luckily, plans just changed so now I can miss it without offending anyone! I figure I have 30 years left of Thanksgiving meals, I''ll survive missing it just this once.

As for having two restricted in one day, it really depends on how your body reacts to the additional carbs. If you start getting hungry you've probably thrown yourself out of ketosis. So just follow the protocol you should be back into ketosis in a few days.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #42  

Thanks Jency, I didn't realize that not being hungry = being in Ketosis. My coach never explained that, or I didn't understand it correctly. I do get hungry in the mornings, and in between lunch and dinner, but I switched snack from night to between then so I wouldn't be starving by the time dinner came around. I don't eat salads everyday, or celery and cucumbers. My coach said she's ok with that, as long as I'm getting my other vegi's in that that's ok. I know all coaches are different, but I like to hear what other coaches say so I can do what mine says first, and if its not working, go by someone elses. Thanks again, we'll see what happens.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Jency, I feel you. I was saying the same thing today. At first I started to get a little down. I'm from Bermuda so our holiday meals are farine pie (savoury cake with lots of butter) honey roasted ham and mac-n-cheese and all the rest. Then I realized, this one holiday season I'd skip that food and choose my health instead. I will stick to IP -what's one holiday season? Next Thanksgiving and Christmas we will all be slim and fit and free to enjoy our meal and the 50 more to come God willing. Better yet, next year, we will have lost all of the urge to even find these fattening foods appealing! I'm showing up at my family dinner with my topper ware container full of roast turnip and cauliflower mash and while my friends and family gorge out (90% of which are overweight), I'll remember why I chose this diet in the first place!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
So I haven't been too excited about thanksgiving this year, just trying to figure out a way to completely avoid the whole holiday. Luckily, plans just changed so now I can miss it without offending anyone! I figure I have 30 years left of Thanksgiving meals, I''ll survive missing it just this once.

As for having two restricted in one day, it really depends on how your body reacts to the additional carbs. If you start getting hungry you've probably thrown yourself out of ketosis. So just follow the protocol you should be back into ketosis in a few days.
Jency, I feel you. I was saying the same thing today. At first I started to get a little down. I'm from Bermuda so our holiday meals are farine pie (savoury cake with lots of butter) honey roasted ham and mac-n-cheese and all the rest. Then I realized, this one holiday season I'd skip that food and choose my health instead. I will stick to IP -what's one holiday season? Next Thanksgiving and Christmas we will all be slim and fit and free to enjoy our meal and the 50 more to come God willing. Better yet, next year, we will have lost all of the urge to even find these fattening foods appealing! I'm showing up at my family dinner with my topper ware container full of roast turnip and cauliflower mash and while my friends and family gorge out (90% of which are overweight), I'll remember why I chose this diet in the first place!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
I had thought long and hard about this too, and this is the same exact conclusion that I've come to also. It will be just another day like normal, only I'll make the food for everyone who will gorge on it as well. Only thing different, I won't have to unbutton my pants at the dinner table.
Closed Thread