Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Hello all! I began IP in February using an alternative product. I also worked out at the gym along the way and lost somewhat slow, loosing 54 pounds though, so nothing to be sad about...lol. I have unfortunately fallen off the wagon and the past month and a half I have gained three pounds back. I was reviewing some photos of myself from Christmas and decided I really need to finish this up. Today I met with an IP coach and got everything I need to start tomorrow. I will be traveling for work the next three days, but think I will be good to go. I was excited to learn I have six pounds more muscle than average so I burn fat at a faster rate than most people my height and weight, yay! I hope I can get this last 30-40 pounds off by summer.
About me. I have been married for almost 13 years. I have two daughters, 11 and 9. They are amazing little ladies and I pray this lifestyle change is positive for them. They often ask when I am going to be off my diet. I enjoy reading, scrapbooking, shopping, horseback riding, basically anything with my husband and daughters. We say we like to travel but have not gone to too many places. I am enjoying being able to participate more fully in my daughters' lives. I have been able to ride rides with them, walk around amusement parks and other places without having to sit down every fifteen minutes to catch my breath. My husband is my major source of support, he has taken on cooking my meals for me and cooking like meals for him and the girls. I am a program consultant for the Kansas Department of Corrections. I specialize in employment and cognitive restructuring. I find it to be very interesting. I had worked as a parole officer for four and a half years and was recently promoted. I do continue to work with a small number of people who have mental health concerns. I love my job! It is never dull and I enjoy helping others.
This site has been extremely helpful to me in my journey and I have made some amazing online friends. I am very thankful for stumbling across this when I googled Ideal Protein.
That's enough about me...oh and did I mention I am very talkative...haha!!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 162/ ? /130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Hello all! I began IP in February using an alternative product. I also worked out at the gym along the way and lost somewhat slow, loosing 54 pounds though, so nothing to be sad about...lol. I have unfortunately fallen off the wagon and the past month and a half I have gained three pounds back. I was reviewing some photos of myself from Christmas and decided I really need to finish this up. Today I met with an IP coach and got everything I need to start tomorrow. I will be traveling for work the next three days, but think I will be good to go. I was excited to learn I have six pounds more muscle than average so I burn fat at a faster rate than most people my height and weight, yay! I hope I can get this last 30-40 pounds off by summer.
About me. I have been married for almost 13 years. I have two daughters, 11 and 9. They are amazing little ladies and I pray this lifestyle change is positive for them. They often ask when I am going to be off my diet. I enjoy reading, scrapbooking, shopping, horseback riding, basically anything with my husband and daughters. We say we like to travel but have not gone to too many places. I am enjoying being able to participate more fully in my daughters' lives. I have been able to ride rides with them, walk around amusement parks and other places without having to sit down every fifteen minutes to catch my breath. My husband is my major source of support, he has taken on cooking my meals for me and cooking like meals for him and the girls. I am a program consultant for the Kansas Department of Corrections. I specialize in employment and cognitive restructuring. I find it to be very interesting. I had worked as a parole officer for four and a half years and was recently promoted. I do continue to work with a small number of people who have mental health concerns. I love my job! It is never dull and I enjoy helping others.
This site has been extremely helpful to me in my journey and I have made some amazing online friends. I am very thankful for stumbling across this when I googled Ideal Protein.
That's enough about me...oh and did I mention I am very talkative...haha!!
Good luck tomorrow... hope it goes well!!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 198/168/158

Height: 5'6"

well I got weighed this morning and I lost3 more pounds.I have 9 left to go to get to my goal weight....feeellllssss goooooood..
Old 01-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 198/198/140

Height: 5'6

Congrats Lindabin! I can't wait to be there! Yesterday went fairly good for my first day. I was starving by dinner but that just made that steak even more tasty! Today has also started out good. I have learned that I so LOVE the cappucino drinks, dislike the pineapple banana drink, love the puddings and am going to try something different like the jello for my snack this afternoon. How has everyone else been doing who also started yesterday? I seem to be getting a slight headache this afternoon but no other huge side effects. Have a great day everyone!

Oh one more thing...and suggestions on dipping sauces for meat, chicken, etc? I usually cannot eat steak without A1 or Horse Radish and am having a hard time with that part????????
Old 01-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #65  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Wow, thankyou. That's 115lbs in 6 months, that's encouraging! Did he exercise along the way?
Doug,
rox824 is my mom and no he didn't exercise along the way. At least not a routine. Now that he has lost weight he has gotten back into phesant and dove hunting which requires him to walk more. That was on of the things he had stopped doing because of his weight.

Jess
Old 01-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 198/168/158

Height: 5'6"

try the raspberry yogurt drink but put about 1/2 cup of ice in a blender and add a little milk to the amount of water you use. it makes like a smoothie or milkshake..delisssh
Old 01-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #67  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

I started IP last March 2010 weighing in at 205 lbs. I am 5'5". I looked at my birthday pictures and decided that I didn't care what it cost. I lost 45 lbs in 17 weeks and have been on Maintenance since June. Never have I kept my weight consistent for this long. It really does work. And now that it is 2 weeks after Christmas and I gained 2 lbs over the holiday I am right back on Phase 1 to get the extra weight off. I have committed to doing Phase 1 for the month of January and then will Phase off and hopefully be 5 or 10 below my original goal.

Stick with it! Give your body a few days to get into Ketosis and absolutely no cheating. It is so worth it!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #68  
KDS
Started IP 12/28/10

S/C/G: 240/179/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambernty View Post
Congrats Lindabin! I can't wait to be there! Yesterday went fairly good for my first day. I was starving by dinner but that just made that steak even more tasty! Today has also started out good. I have learned that I so LOVE the cappucino drinks, dislike the pineapple banana drink, love the puddings and am going to try something different like the jello for my snack this afternoon. How has everyone else been doing who also started yesterday? I seem to be getting a slight headache this afternoon but no other huge side effects. Have a great day everyone!

Oh one more thing...and suggestions on dipping sauces for meat, chicken, etc? I usually cannot eat steak without A1 or Horse Radish and am having a hard time with that part????????
Try the Walden Farms BBQ sauces - no, they aren't quite like the real thing, but you acquire a taste for them. My coach also recommended the Marinara Sauce from them on turkey meatballs....I'm hoping that it will taste better than it looks!

After a 10 pound loss in the first week I will try it all!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #69  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
Looking forward to saying goodbye to my spare tire as well!
Good luck! My spare tire was actually the first thing that disappeared - in about 3 weeks! :-)
Old 01-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #70  
Started IP Jan 5 2011

S/C/G: 186/155/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hello. My husband and I started IP officially this morning. We had a consultation before Christmas and decided to wait until after the Holidays. During this time we revamped our diet cutting out sugar and unhealthy carbs as well as making some lifestyle changes.

In two and half weeks of revising our diet my husband lost 14 lbs and I lost around 12. A few of the changes we made was to turn off the TV and sit at the dinner table. We started making better choices for our meals and cooked them together which makes them more enjoyable.

We have read many of the threads here on the forum and learned a great deal along with absorbing the tremendous motivation, support and developing a sincere appreciation for the IP Community here at 3FC. Thank you to everyone who posts here, you have helped us make this a dedicated team effort to get healthy.

My Husband 222/208/185
Old 01-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #71  
~Summer~

S/C/G: 170/150.3/130

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the reminder, Linden! My milk supply took a nose-dive after returning to work. I get so busy seeing patients I don't pump as frequently as I need to and also have a hard time letting down pumping, so I weaned about a month ago. That is why I waited to start the diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Are you still nursing? If so, I'd postpone the journey until you're finished.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 198/198/140

Height: 5'6

Day #4 for me and I'm going strong. Haven't really noticed any side effects just a minor headache this am. I am not finding myself hungry after my IP meals so thats a plus for me. I am usually a snacker through out the day and I have managed to follow the plan exactly. There are some of the foods I am having a hard time with...or don't enjoy the taste, any ideas for the Strawberry pudding? Another thing I am missing is my salad dressing. I have been using lemon on top for the last 4 days and I just don't want to get tired of the same things. Any recommendations? Hope everyone else is doing great!!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambernty View Post
Day #4 for me and I'm going strong. Haven't really noticed any side effects just a minor headache this am. I am not finding myself hungry after my IP meals so thats a plus for me. I am usually a snacker through out the day and I have managed to follow the plan exactly. There are some of the foods I am having a hard time with...or don't enjoy the taste, any ideas for the Strawberry pudding? Another thing I am missing is my salad dressing. I have been using lemon on top for the last 4 days and I just don't want to get tired of the same things. Any recommendations? Hope everyone else is doing great!!
I use grapeseed oil, braggs amino acids (like soy sauce), and dijon mustard for my dressing. Many people on this site use WF (walden farms) dressings.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #74  
i love weight loss

S/C/G: 370/261.4/180

Height: 5'5

hi my name is krista. i have been doing the ideal protein diet for 2 months now and have lost 57lbs. i am single, and no children. my niece lives with me and she is 3 so i do have a child. LOL!!!!

i have been over weight my whole life. it so bad i don't remember the last time i was under the 300 mark. just thinking about this makes me want to cry. i was with my ex-boyfriend for 11 years. we were middle school, high school and college sweethearts. he dumped me when i started to get bigger for my best friend. but that's all okay now.

i was really excited to find the ideal protein diet. one of my co-workers intorduced me to this diet. it is thorugh her ciroprator. i couldn't be more greatful.

i live in frederick, MD and i am 31 years old. i work for the school board here and i am the lead custodian.

i can't wait to talk with others about my success.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
hi my name is krista. i have been doing the ideal protein diet for 2 months now and have lost 57lbs. i am single, and no children. my niece lives with me and she is 3 so i do have a child. LOL!!!!

i have been over weight my whole life. it so bad i don't remember the last time i was under the 300 mark. just thinking about this makes me want to cry. i was with my ex-boyfriend for 11 years. we were middle school, high school and college sweethearts. he dumped me when i started to get bigger for my best friend. but that's all okay now.

i was really excited to find the ideal protein diet. one of my co-workers intorduced me to this diet. it is thorugh her ciroprator. i couldn't be more greatful.

i live in frederick, MD and i am 31 years old. i work for the school board here and i am the lead custodian.

i can't wait to talk with others about my success.
Welcome Krisbelle I live about 30 minutes from Frederick!
Closed Thread