3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Introductions to those of us on Ideal Protein (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html)

Linden 01-13-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly0618 (Post 3648287)
Hi, My name is Lilliana. I have been on the IP diet for a week and a half and have lost about 7 pounds. I am getting desperate because I can't spend more than 80 dollars a week plus the groceries, so I can't be buying a variety of IP foods, so I stuck to what I know I like.
Please help me. Does anybody know of anyone that gained all the weight back after this diet?

I'm sorry, Lilly, I just realized that I didn't address another of your concerns, and an important one. I've pretty much stuck with IP exclusively but, because my packets get mailed to me, and because mail to and within Hawai'i creeps, early on I found I was coming up short. So I ordered some isolate whey protein (http://www.vitacost.com/Syntrax-Nect...rotein-Isolate). I chose it because I'm mildly allergic to soy AND because it has all the essential amino acids, more protein per portion than IP, and I liked the name: Twisted Cherry. It's really delicious but a bit watery compared to IP. And when I looked it up I found it's 40% off right now and shipping on the mainland should be cheap. You can get 2 pounds for $26.65!!

If you substitute this for one packet, save the packets, then you will end up with a week/couple of weeks of IP at the end. Since you don't have a lot to lose, and because it is imperative that you stay strictly on program, you should come out much better off.

The only caution is -- please don't stint on the IP supplements. And consider adding a vitamin B complex and a slow-release vitamin C. Hope this helps.

showgirlaz 01-14-2011 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyvrod (Post 3643749)
does anyone know where Carla is?
I miss her and her advice.

:)

I am here. Sorry to be missing. I went out of town for a while in December and January and just haven't had much time for leisure computer use. That led to me falling very far behind on the posts. Now, I am lost and have NO prayer of getting caught up.

Thanks for wondering about me!
:hug:

cmsgrrl 01-14-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3652655)
:)I am here. Sorry to be missing. I went out of town for a while in December and January and just haven't had much time for leisure computer use. That led to me falling very far behind on the posts. Now, I am lost and have NO prayer of getting caught up.

Whew, I am glad to see your post. I have a good imagination and I was thinking maybe you were in an accident. Where is the wiping brow emoticon!

Linden 01-14-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmsgrrl (Post 3652878)
Whew, I am glad to see your post. I have a good imagination and I was thinking maybe you were in an accident. Where is the wiping brow emoticon!

Boy, I second that. Huge sigh of relief. And welcome back.

showgirlaz 01-14-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmsgrrl (Post 3652878)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3653394)
Boy, I second that. Huge sigh of relief. And welcome back.

Thank you BOTH! Glad to be here.

hawndragon 01-14-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3652655)
:)

I am here. Sorry to be missing. I went out of town for a while in December and January and just haven't had much time for leisure computer use. That led to me falling very far behind on the posts. Now, I am lost and have NO prayer of getting caught up.

Welcome back Carla. You have been sorely missed by so many!! Glad to know you are still with us. Your advice and support are priceless. Have a great weekend!! ~ Pat

whisperingshouts 01-15-2011 06:04 PM

Hello!! My name is Amanda, although I prefer Mandi.
I married to my wonderfully supportive husband, Matthew and the mother of 2 beautiful daughters, Morgan who is 13 and Madison who is 4 months...
I found IDEAL PROTEINS through the wife of my husbands co worker.. She has had great success with the program and greatly raised my interests!
I have struggled all my life with weight, but have never really been HUGE (in my eyes), until now. When I gave birth to my youngest daughter I was a staggering 218 pounds.. I THOUGHT I was doing a good job of losing weight until I came back to work... I have only lost 11 pounds in the 4 months and I am struggling to do it on my own..
So today was my first day of a life long commitment to change. My husband and I are working together, although he isn't on the plan... YET!! =) We have set long term goals as well as short term goals with some wonderful rewards for each goal achieved!! I look forward to shedding these pounds and sharing my jouney with each of you...

On a completley different topic... Can anyone tell me how to do the tickers on my posts??

Mamadancer 01-15-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aharmeyer (Post 3655479)
I married to my wonderfully supportive husband, Matthew and the mother of 2 beautiful daughters, Morgan who is 13 and Madison who is 4 months...
I found IDEAL PROTEINS through the wife of my husbands co worker.. She has had great success with the program and greatly raised my interests!
I have struggled all my life with weight, but have never really been HUGE (in my eyes), until now. When I gave birth to my youngest daughter I was a staggering 218 pounds.. I THOUGHT I was doing a good job of losing weight until I came back to work... I have only lost 11 pounds in the 4 months and I am struggling to do it on my own..
So today was my first day of a life long commitment to change. My husband and I are working together, although he isn't on the plan... YET!! =) We have set long term goals as well as short term goals with some wonderful rewards for each goal achieved!! I look forward to shedding these pounds and sharing my jouney with each of you...

On a completley different topic... Can anyone tell me how to do the tickers on my posts??

:welcome2: Mandi! You will love IP and the changes it will make in your life.

You cannot get a ticker until you have been a member for 20 days and have made at least 20 posts.

Joliebug82 01-15-2011 10:29 PM

Welcome, Mandi! It's wonderful that you and your hubby are so supportive of each other! You seem like a planner, which will definitely help you out on IP. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Jolie

showgirlaz 01-15-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aharmeyer (Post 3655479)

:welcome3: No matter how tough it might seem at times, KEEP to the plan! You will be well rewarded and amazed at the results for your efforts. This plan really works!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawndragon (Post 3653757)
Welcome back Carla. You have been sorely missed by so many!! Glad to know you are still with us. Your advice and support are priceless. Have a great weekend!! ~ Pat

Thank you, Pat! I am so glad you've posted a picture. It is so nice to have your pretty face to see as I read your post. I hope you've had some lovely holidays since we last spoke. How are you doing?

kbkwright 01-17-2011 12:26 PM

Hello. My name is Krystal. I've been on IP for 2 weeks now and am down 10 pounds! My best friend introduced me to the program and seeing how she has lost 50 pounds already, I felf I HAD to get on board! I have a VERY supportive husband and a 20 month old boy, Kaden. When I was deciding to join the program or not, I was doing lots of reseach and found this site. I am honestly addicted! I LOVE reading about everyone's success, which keeps me motivated! :) I am ready for change!

sunnygirl2 01-18-2011 01:31 AM

Hi everyone!!
Well this will be my second time doing the Ip program, and I'm excited about it because it really does work! I started Ip in Dec. of 2009 at 154 pounds, I graduated in Mar. 2010 at 126 pounds, although that was a lil too skinny for me I put on the 3-4 pound maintenace weight 130,recently I started going back to bad habit's, like eating fast food, although I work out, I started putting the pounds back on and decided I better nip it in the bud now, before it get's outta control again. So I am officially starting back on Ip tomorrow to get the 10 pounds back off! I just wanted to say "Hi" and tell you all that I love reading these posts, they really help motivate and inspirate!! Thank you all =)

serendipityberry 01-18-2011 11:14 AM

Hi, I'm new too.
Today is day 4 for me and I have a bit more energy which I'm so excited about! I can't believe how tough the first 3 days were!!!! I am also sort of mentally overwhelmed alternating between wondering if I can do this for very long, missing my old food habits, and hoping I can pull this off long term! But I am still trucking along and remain very committed!!!!!! This site helps a ton! Thanks everyone :)

Joliebug82 01-18-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbkwright (Post 3658381)
Hello. My name is Krystal. I've been on IP for 2 weeks now and am down 10 pounds! My best friend introduced me to the program and seeing how she has lost 50 pounds already, I felf I HAD to get on board! I have a VERY supportive husband and a 20 month old boy, Kaden. When I was deciding to join the program or not, I was doing lots of reseach and found this site. I am honestly addicted! I LOVE reading about everyone's success, which keeps me motivated! :) I am ready for change!

Welcome, Krystal! 10 pounds in two weeks is wonderful, and yay for your friend, too! How long has she been on IP? The women and men on this site are awesome for support and motivation; I have been inspired by all of them the past three weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnygirl2 (Post 3659815)
Hi everyone!!
Well this will be my second time doing the Ip program, and I'm excited about it because it really does work! I started Ip in Dec. of 2009 at 154 pounds, I graduated in Mar. 2010 at 126 pounds, although that was a lil too skinny for me I put on the 3-4 pound maintenace weight 130,recently I started going back to bad habit's, like eating fast food, although I work out, I started putting the pounds back on and decided I better nip it in the bud now, before it get's outta control again. So I am officially starting back on Ip tomorrow to get the 10 pounds back off! I just wanted to say "Hi" and tell you all that I love reading these posts, they really help motivate and inspirate!! Thank you all =)

Hi sunnygirl2! Welcome back, aren't you excited to have a plan again? SO much stress is relieved when we're eating right and doing what's best for our bodies, as you already know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipityberry (Post 3660437)
Hi, I'm new too.
Today is day 4 for me and I have a bit more energy which I'm so excited about! I can't believe how tough the first 3 days were!!!! I am also sort of mentally overwhelmed alternating between wondering if I can do this for very long, missing my old food habits, and hoping I can pull this off long term! But I am still trucking along and remain very committed!!!!!! This site helps a ton! Thanks everyone :)

Congratulations on making it to day 4! Now, keep in mind that you CAN do this long term, and if you cheat, you not only waste time, but also money. Do you want to repeat those first few days? Trust me. You don't. Keep up the commitment!

ambydawn84 01-18-2011 04:15 PM

Just wanted to say hello. Tonight I will have my second weigh-in! I love IP and am so happy to have found this site. I have gotten so many wonderful ideas already!!!! All the suggestions are wonderful, and I can't wait to try some of them out! Together, we can all do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!