Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

My name is Ashley and I started IP on June 6th, 2011. So far I am down about 8 lbs (including a very bad cheat weekend that took me up a few notches). I live in Cincinnati and heard of this diet through friends in St. Louis that lost 30 & 45 lbs in 4 months time. They looked like differnet people when I say them for the first time after starting the diet. When I first learned about the diet my job included travleing around the country and taking people to breakfast lunch, dinner, and sometimes out for coffe and snacks! It wasn't a very IP friendly life. But after a carrer change where I work in an office all day, I decided it was time to take their advice.

I am getting married in October and really want to look good in my dress. I already have the dress (size 20) but I am hoping to loose enough that it has to be taken in. I only have about 6 weeks more that I can be on this diet before my dress fittings start and I have to maintain a wieght, so I am going to go on Phase II, III, and then IV even though I will not have reached my goal wieght. If this works out well, I will probibly come back and keep loosing after the wedding.

This site is a life saver. I am so glad to have found this support system! Thank you to everyone for your posts. It really helps to know there are others out there doing the same thing!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Hi, my name is Lisa. I started this diet on June 13. I have had two WI's and am down 9.8 lbs. I have tried every diet out there I think and I really feel as though this diet is going to be my last. I have been overweight most of my life and am sick of it.

I started my weight loss journey two years ago. I lost 60 pounds on my own, then lost 20 on Nutrisystems and then couldn't eat that food anymore. I gained 10 back and one of my friends told me about this diet.

I decided to join after reading about it and finding this forum. Everyone on here is so motivational. I love reading how people are doing and hearing everyone's solutions to problems people are having. Also, all the recipe ideas help to keep this diet anything but boring.

It is hard dieting in the summer with all the cookouts and all the cocktails that are around at all the parties but so far I have been able to stay OP. I just figure there is always next summer to eat and drink after I have learned to maintain my weight.

I just keep thinking of the my favorite quote which I found on this forum "Nothinig tastes as good as skinny feels". Keeps me going.

Good luck to everyone and here's to getting healthy.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #393  
IPLeanLegan

Height: 5'5

Default Hello IP Chicks

My Name is Lauren,
I'm 27. I live in Tampa,FL (Born and raised). I have done IP in the past. I was one 150 something and got down to 130 something, but didn't complete phase3 and 4. I am disappointed in myself, but know i am ready to get serious.

I found a mother at the school i work for who is now a diet coach. I am extremely motivated and even started an IP binder with recipes and notes and tips from gals like you.

I told her I would love to start any day next week. Can't wait for her call.
to seal the committment i saw a local GroupOn, at the same diet clinic this mother works at for $99 a month for IP.

I was thrilled for the $99 I get:
initial consultation, custom meal plan, weekly follow up appointments for measurements, weight, body fat/hydration analysis, and review of your diet journal; 1 week of Ideal Protein Meals; coaching & support; 1 month supply of Natura Vitamins (multivitamins, calcium-magnesium, potassium-calcium); 3 fitness classes of your choice (zumba, yoga, or boot camp)

I'm very nervous because last time i quit because i was so tired and cranky, missing food. I am hoping I can use tips you all recommend to help with energy levels and hunger pains. I am an emotional eater and I need to make food a fuel not a friend.

I am excited to have found this site. Looking forward to speaking with you all!!!

Have a Happy, Safe and HEALTHY 4th weekend to my fellow Americans!!
My first Tip: When I was doing diet on the 4th last time, I filled baggies with cucumbers, celery and peppers and i also had bbq soy puffs when at pool/beach. I also had the pina colada drink. Salsa with celery actually tastes great!
Oh! And if you are going to be "bad" BUY SLENDER WINE. Sugarfree/carb free.

Last edited by Legan521; 06-30-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: addition
Old 06-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by champaignsupernova View Post
Hello Everyone,

My name is Katianna and I just started the program on Thursday. Today is my fourth official day and I can certainly feel something 'happening' to me. I am needing to lose about 40-50lbs on this diet...nothing has worked in the past. I am an avid exercise nut. Was working out three days a week with my trainer plus two cycling classes as well as running. My doctor suggested trying this IP thing out so here I am. The food is not too bad. I can honestly say that I am surprised not to be more hungry. There are certainly cravings and moments where I am like "dang, I wish I could eat what (insert name) is eating"...but I have stuck to the program so far.

Thursday is my first weigh in and I am really really hopeful. My husband says that my breath smells different (kinda gross eh?) which is supposedly a sign of this ketosis we are supposed to go into. I am also noticing other changes associated with typical symptoms.

I am a recent graduate from the Masters program in Higher Ed from the University of Illinois and I work with the University doing communications. I am hoping my weight loss will help me be more confident in all aspects of life but also socially and professionally being more outgoing.

Kelly- I do not believe this is a women's only forum. Also, the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey is a very good choice to use an alternative. I have a huge 5lb drum of it that I use for my post workout snack in lieu of a fourth IP item.

I hope you all have a great week and I look forward to getting to know you on this awesome resource.
I too was working out with a schedule very similar to yours. I was also following a very clean eating diet and I lost 10 lbs in 6 months. Talk about discouraging. I'm starting on Monday and hope to lose 60 lbs. Once I reach my goal I would like to start running again as I really enjoy it. Good luck to you.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 132.5/116.2/120

Height: 5'5"

I just found this site and I absolutely love it! I found out about IP from some women at the gym who lost a lot of weight and I wanted to get those last 10 pounds off and hadn't been able to do it on my own. I have lost 15.2 pounds and am starting Phase 3 tomorrow. I'm a little...well a lot...nervous because I know that I'll gain about 3-5 pounds back and after buying new clothes I want to be able to still fit into them! I have not really been able to find any sample Phase 3 breakfast ideas so any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks
Susan
Old 07-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 212/200/160

Height: 5'1

Hello everyone i"m teeegirl from Dallas,Texas i"m 34 years of age .I have know kids and i'm married.Well i've been at this diet game for a while now .My highest weight was 225 now remind you i'm only 5'1. i think i've done every diet from bontril,adipex,hcg and so on .So one day i went to my doctor office and seen the IDEAL PROTEIN poster on the door .and made a appointment that is all she wrote.my first weigh in i was 212 to start so now i'm on my 3rd week and it say 195 wow!!!!!!!!!! this diet is crazy i love it i feel like a kid in a candy store .and the energy i have is mad crazy i work at a hospital 3rd shift and when i get off work i'm like ok what's next.any other time all i wanted to see was a bed.So family i'm here with you'll for the long haul no turning back now it's just starting to get good.............lol ...Well let's see how the story ends
Old 07-03-2011, 12:11 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 331/331/165

Height: 5'8"

Smile Love this thread :)

Hi,
I have been on the program for three days. I would love to say that I feel great...but I'm not quite there yet. I am anxiously waiting for the results at my first weigh in. I do feel thinner...but I haven't quite hit the "not hungry" thing yet.
I am 47 years old, married with three children 22, 18, and 16. I have always struggled with my weight. I have been on every diet out there over the years. If I listed them all, it would take up at least the next paragraph.
I am 5'8" and I got up to 174 in High School and I though I was the fattest person around. (I would be so happy to be there now!)
I went on the Cambridge diet and lost 30 lbs and that (145) was about the thinnest I have been in my adult life. I worked as a lifeguard and made it as a cheerleader in college. Life was good. Weight just wasn't an issue. That only lasted until I injured my knee in a skiing accident and was much less active for a year. I went up to 185, and battled with it constantly. I met my husband and we got engaged and I started gaining. I was about 215 when we got married 24 years ago. Then came child #1 and I gained 80 pounds with the pregnancy, and after delivery...stayed at 245. Baby # 2 and up to 260 after delivery. I fought it back down to 240 and then came baby #3. I battled back to 240 and I just stayed there for many years. If I wasn't constantly on a very strict diet, I would gain. I never thought I was really overeating. I ate the same as others around me, but I gained while they stayed the same. I really beat myself up over it. I was completely accomplished in other parts of my life...master's degree...good job...nice family. WHY couldn't I get a grip on this area? I did get down to 210 after a stint on Atkins, but that only lasted a while before it started creeping up again. 240 seemed to be my set point for many years ...and then it crept to 260. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome and insulin resistance. A very stressful period of life (father dying, mother cancer, husband laid off) and suddenly I found my self staring at the scale and it said 300. WHAT???? OMG!
More dieting...more stress... 340 AHHHH! I was picturing myself as the person that they had to cut out of their house because they were too fat to fit through the door.
So, I started my latest quest and I actually got down to 270...then slacked off because life got busy and I'm back up to 310...and that is where I start my journey with Ideal Protein. I am inspired by what I hear from others who have PCOS who have had success with this diet. I am very hopeful! This weight is holding me back in many areas of my life, it is just time for it to be GONE!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #398  

Cool Feeling great, but my body is not living up to my mind.

My name is Terra and just turned 40. I have been struggling with my weight all my life, not that I was obese. I have slowly gained and gained to my current weight of 216 lbs at 5'4".

As I have gone from one stressor in my life to another(divorce, a battle with depression, moving, famliy upset) I have now come to a point where I feel secure, happy, and wonderful. Like my username indicates - Feeling great.

I am remarried to a wonderful man that challenges me for my own good. We live on a farm with horses, and dogs, beside a river in central Manitoba. The only thing that I struggle with is my weight and energy level. We have lots of outside chores to do and I have a hard time managing with the extra weight on me. At my healthiest weight I was 140-150 and felt GREAT. Now being 216lbs, my knees hurt, my back hurts, and I cannot stand the heat. I break into a sweat at the slightest workload. After scanning the internet looking once again for the "best" energy boost out there. I came across a post in here of a woman I Knew. I read her story and her success with IP. Fantastic! I thought if she can do it, so can I!

So here I am! I joined IP on June 28/11 with the goal to increase my energy level and enjoy the benefit of losing weight (Go from 216lbs. to 140-150) Wish me luck!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #399  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Hello....my name is Jo-Anne and I'm 38 years old. I am a mother of 3 children and one step daughter who lives with us. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. Ever since high school I always thought I was a little chunky but looking back on the pictures, I would say now that I was average. I was very involved in sports, doing volley ball, baseball and badminton. Thinking back now I was probably in the best shape of my life. In my senior year of high school I met my first husband. We got married after college at the age of 22. I had my first son Matthew (15) when I was 22 and then had my daughter Samantha (14) at age 23. I've done all the diets out there, as most of us have. Just before I got married I had lost 35 lbs on the Richard Simmons diet. When I got married I was 5 months pregnant for my son. I gained 54 lbs for that pregnancy but lost most of it afterwards. Then gained 27 lbs for my second pregnancy and again lost most of it. But through the years of marriage, I got complacent and started putting on more weight. I did WW and lost 55 lbs. But after 10 years of marriage, it ended. My kids were young, 8 and 9 years old. It was really hard going through a separation and of course I gained all the weight back and more. A couple of years later, I met my now common law husband. We've been together for almost 5 years now. He has an 8 year old daughter (Nevada) from a previous marriage that lives with us full time. And last year we had a daughter of our own. Vienna is now 1 year old. When I got pregnant for our daughter, the scale tipped at 240 lbs. The heaviest I had ever been. For the past year I've been at home on maternity leave with my baby and gained even more. Having all the foods at your finger tips didn't help. One of my co-workers who is doing IP and is my coach told me about it. I hadn't seen her in a year as I was on maternity leave. Well I saw her picture on Facebook, I couldn't believe she was the same person. She had lost 50 lbs in 5 months. I was hooked. I called her up, made an apt to see her and started IP on April 26. In 9 weeks I've lost 37.2 lbs and 59.25 inches. I've never had results like this, this fast, EVER!!! I'm alot happier, confident. I have no cravings but I have had a few days where I was really hungry. But those past with more water and veggies. I love the program, it's so easy and you don't have to think or pre-plan too much.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody. This site is awesome and very inspirational. IP ROCKS!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

Hi everyone. I have been on the diet now for 3 days and so far so good. Even made it through the 4th OP without any problems. Perhaps its because I am so new that I still really into it. The only food that I would say so far I did not care for was the orange drink, but other than that, I like everything. I am 43 years old. Have been a yo-yo dieter for the last 20 years and have finally decided I need to seriously shelf that yo-yo. It may not appear that I have a lot to lose, but what was once only 5 lbs, has grown. I have listed by goal at 140, but would love if I could get back to 135, which was my weight until I hit 32. I have been married for 18 years, with 2 daughters who are 7.
I am an oncology nurse, and I work nights, 12 hour shifts. Since I went to nights, my weight has been pretty much the same, but I have tried so many other diets that just did not work. I do exercise, absolutely love to run, but even with that, no weight lose. My chiropractor, who I fully trust recommended I try IP to get me going.
I have been reading the board here for the last two weeks as my source of inspiration. So thank you to all who have posted their ups/downs and recipes!
(I was missing my coffee yesterday, so I mixed it with the cappucino packet and LOVED it!)
Old 07-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #401  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

I must be getting old... My nickname, since the doll came out has been Chatty Kathy. It fits all too well. I have been chatty on Ideal Protein and just realized that I put together an introduction on the main 3FatLadies site and never here on Ideal Protein. The following is what we were asked to fill in and it was kind of fun. Others might enjoy using this format too...
Screen Name: maykatcooper

Age/Age Range: 59 (as of Dec 21 2010)

Family Life: My husband of 39 years (Aug 19) and 4 grown kids with fams of their own... and Peekaboo our rescue kitty. Smile.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Cooking, Photography, Quilting, Knitting, Golf

Favorite Music: Christian, Easy Rock, Classical, and anything with fun drums

Favorite Color(s): Blue/ anything that comes out of an oil paint tube FAV FAV is Navy Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: My Eliptical, Wii, Yoga and hugely modified P90X... adding as of July 2011 - Tracy Anderson on YouTube webisodes

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to walk for exercise without having to follow up with 5 mos of Physical Therapy. Sigh. Aftermath of Lyme Disease and Fibromyalgia and a brown recluse spider bite oh and a heart attack at 53 Blah Blah Blah

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My husband decided for the first time ever to go on a diet to lose weight. Working with a partner has been amazingly fun and so much easier than fighting the PACK (husband and 4 kids + all their friends)... Update - 5 mos in and 45 pounds down YAY

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Desire for full abandon with pizza

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Attitude: Focus on what is OK versus what is not OK.
Exercise: Consistency.
Eating: Discipline in making GREAT choices.
Understanding: Splurges and Cheats aren't meant to be weekly or regular turning to daily... They are to be special saved for and savored fully... with the promise of the Phase 4 normal "have a fun day eating" once a weekers (if I understand correctly) the idea is not to eat as much as I possibly can but to loosen up a little and have a little extra fun with food

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself 20 years ago! Update WOW I DO - At 59 I now am looking more like 26 years ago! YAY and now I don't smoke like I did then!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anything that looks really hot/chic/correct/trendy/classic while fitting perfectly! ...not just "good" for a fat girl!... or "big girl"
Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #402  

S/C/G: 139/139/130

Height: 5'4

Default New here

Hi. I just joined. I am have not yet learned my way around but look forward to fresh ideas and motivation. I don't have a lot to lose but do struggle with what I do need to lose. I run regularly and it does not make a difference. Might have something to do with my love affair with sugar. I don't eat meat so I need to learn more ways of getting protein in my diet. Not to mention a healthier diet all together. Looking forward to learning from some of you!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #403  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Saw maykatcooper's intro and I really liked it so I'm going to use the same Questions. :3
Screen Name: Scofflaw1
Age/Age Range: 24
Family Life: I have a boyfriend Larry that I live with, and my doggie girl Sushi <3 and my baby snakie, Double Dragon Force (Dubby for short)
Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, videogames, kickboxing (used to be, maybe again one day when it's easier on me) movies, drinking (haha) and more
Favorite Music: I like punk, rock, pop, emo, classical, hiphop...everything!
Favorite Color(s): This one wonderful blue color that I don't know the name of
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Kickboxing, Bodypump, Zumba, some Pilates
What are your fitness/health goals? I want to weigh less than High School. (Even though I was only 125 - I never felt like I was thin and beautiful and It's about time I do.)
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Learning about the IP diet, before that I had given up caring
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Being hungry
...and shoving my mouth full of vegetables that I don't really like
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? What I eat, when I eat, and exercising more
(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? : My Older sister. I have always been jealous of her. No one ever looked at me when we are in the same room, and I was always known as "Destiny's sister" No more!
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? This pair of pants I bought that were too small so I was never actually able to wear them. They are capris with draw strings going up the side of the legs and are SO CUTE. size 6. CAN'T WAIT
Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #404  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I am Robin. I start IP on July 12th. I am scared. I am 43 yrs old, 5 ft 3 in and 188 lbs. I have gained 50 lbs in 4 years. I was always thin b4. Anything I need to do to prepare?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #405  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I see people speaking about wf products. Does that need to be purchased seperate from the ip?
Closed Thread