Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 194/133/125

Height: 5'1

Default New To Forum Q about whether to follow Phase 4 or stick with Phase 1

Hi,

My name is Pam and I have been on IP since september 2010. I have lost 62lbs with 8lbs to go to my target.

I have pretty much followed phase 1 the whole time.

But, I am curious whether I should follow phase 4 to the end or just stick to phase one. I am just worried I won't lose as much.

Its getting tough since it is the end. I only lose about 2lbs a week now and some times I don't lose for a couple of weeks.

I am really getting tired of it.

So I would appreciate suggestions. I wish I had found this forum sooner :-)

Thanks so much.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #197  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone,

Being back to this Forum, I thought I should give you a small bio this time around! I am 37, married and a mother of 2 boys (10 and 8 y.o.). For as long as I can remember, I have always been overweight. After meeting with an old friend of mine in June 2009, I decided that I had enough of being fat.

I started IP back in Aug. 2009 at 230# and had dropped to 170# before Christmas. Later in Jan. 2010 at 175#, decided to drop some more and managed to get to 133# in June with struggles over a stay in Disney, a Easter cheat and various smaller cheats. Summer 2010 was about rewarding myself for my new body and induced the unwanted gain back... The head wasn't there yet!

So, here I am struggling again but with a memory on how good 133# was and not pressuring myself as I used to.

And also... happy to meet all of you!
PS: sorry for mispelling some words, haven't written in English for a while!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #198  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkva1 View Post
Hi, My name is Pam and I have been on IP since september 2010. I have lost 62lbs with 8lbs to go to my target. ... But, I am curious whether I should follow phase 4 to the end or just stick to phase one. I am just worried I won't lose as much. So I would appreciate suggestions. I wish I had found this forum sooner :-) Thanks so much.
Hi Pam, I have been on IP for quite a while and have experimented every phase of it twice... My suggestion would go with your view on phasing off. If you are tired of IP and afraid to cheat, stick to phase 1 but set yourself a limit date. However, if you are still strong, moving to phase 2 may shake things up and help you lose the lasts pounds. NEVER skip phase 3! It is the most important part to reset your pancreas! Take the 2 weeks of each phase to try new ideas that will stick in phase 4 which is how we should eat AFTER IP.

Hope I have been some help to you...
Old 02-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Hi Feb. 7

Hello everyone, I am just so proud of everyone efforts! Tomorrow is my 2WI, I am trying very hard not to screw up I have tried all the diets, (you know what I mean) and it has gotten to the point that my boys both mentioned my snacking ability without coming right out and saying that I'm fat.
Well, wish me luck, I'll let you know tomorrow how it all turns out for week 2.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #200  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Hello everyone, I am just so proud of everyone efforts! Tomorrow is my 2WI, I am trying very hard not to screw up I have tried all the diets, (you know what I mean) and it has gotten to the point that my boys both mentioned my snacking ability without coming right out and saying that I'm fat.
Well, wish me luck, I'll let you know tomorrow how it all turns out for week 2.
Good luck and we all know that you do fine with your 2nd WI as long as you stay on protocol. Congrats on committing yourself after trying all the rest (I was there too).
Old 02-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #201  
Newbie 2/9/2011

S/C/G: 158/153/125

Height: 5'

Hi Everyone - I found 3 fat chicks when I was researching the IP diet, and I have to say - it convinced me to spend the money. If I add up all the money I've spent on other "weight loss programs" I would probably cry, so I was a bit hesitant to throw more good money after bad. Having taken the time to read the intro section and the recipe section really helped me get through eating some of this "food" and I was able to choke it down. (Except for the cold cereal – I had to toss that!)
I've just completed my second day on the diet and my scale is telling me that I've lost 4 lbs. Can that be right? My scale is calibrated with the center I go to and the doctor's office. Day 1 I lost 2.4 lbs but I figured that made sense because of the water weight. I never expected to see another 2 lbs this morning. Is this really the pace that you can lose weight on this program???
Old 02-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #202  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45nFluffy View Post
Hi Everyone - I found 3 fat chicks when I was researching the IP diet, and I have to say - it convinced me to spend the money. If I add up all the money I've spent on other "weight loss programs" I would probably cry, so I was a bit hesitant to throw more good money after bad. Having taken the time to read the intro section and the recipe section really helped me get through eating some of this "food" and I was able to choke it down. (Except for the cold cereal – I had to toss that!)
I've just completed my second day on the diet and my scale is telling me that I've lost 4 lbs. Can that be right? My scale is calibrated with the center I go to and the doctor's office. Day 1 I lost 2.4 lbs but I figured that made sense because of the water weight. I never expected to see another 2 lbs this morning. Is this really the pace that you can lose weight on this program???
WELCOME to the program!!!!!! You are going to LOVE it - it does take some time to get used to it and the food/carb/sugar detox is rough but once you are in ketosis and on the other side it is brilliant. You may want to consider posting your comments, feelings, questions in the daily threads (see the section below the stickies) there is always lots of activity on those threads and questions get answered much sooner when posted there. Congrats on doing all your reading -- keep at it. The more informed you are the better you will understand this program, your body and food -- this diet is multifaceted in its approach which is why I am convinced it works. I also think the more you know about yourself, food and your body the better you will do when you are in maintenance mode. As a tip -- next time don't throw out the cereal -- make it into pancakes -- I HATE the cold cereal but I LOVE making pancakes with the cereal packet --it is a non restricted way to eat pancakes and for me that is a real TREAT!!! Good luck to you... come visit us in the daily threads

Last edited by CheekyWit; 02-15-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Hello everyone. Well WI 2, at 1.5 lbs, coach said its good, was hoping for more, but I think the inches changed this week, I guess it all goes together for the total package.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #204  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45nFluffy View Post
That is the first week rate. During the first week your body gets rid of water stores and glycogen stores.That means a quick drop for most people. After the first week weight loss slows down to 1-4lbs/week for women. It will vary but the first week is the best. Good luck on your journey and join us in the daily chat!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #205  
Newbie 2/9/2011

S/C/G: 158/153/125

Height: 5'

Cheekywit and MamaDancer - Thanks for the confirmation. I'm very excited to be part of this site!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #206  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi...My name is Lynn. I have to confess that I have been lurking in your daily chats for a couple of weeks. I have been on Ideal Protein since 10/19/10 and have been very happy with the results. It is great to learn of tricks everyone has for different situations. I wish I had found this link earlier. I am nearing goal and am finishing phase II. I think I will start phase III later this week or next week. It's a little scary.

I am a nurse working part-time at several hospitals in the Denver area. I am happily married to the greatest guy for 25 years and have 2 grown boys who are out of the house. I am the primary caregiver for my 89 year old father who lives with us. He continues to offer me food even thought he knows I am on this protocol. This is not a new problem. I look forward to sharing with all of you. I have never before joined any kind of an on-going chat. I have learned so much from all of you just by reading. I think this is a major resource missing from the Ideal Protein Protocol...networking and support.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #207  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Hi...My name is Lynn. I have to confess that I have been lurking in your daily chats for a couple of weeks. I have been on Ideal Protein since 10/19/10 and have been very happy with the results. It is great to learn of tricks everyone has for different situations. I wish I had found this link earlier. I am nearing goal and am finishing phase II. I think I will start phase III later this week or next week. It's a little scary.

I am a nurse working part-time at several hospitals in the Denver area. I am happily married to the greatest guy for 25 years and have 2 grown boys who are out of the house. I am the primary caregiver for my 89 year old father who lives with us. He continues to offer me food even thought he knows I am on this protocol. This is not a new problem. I look forward to sharing with all of you. I have never before joined any kind of an on-going chat. I have learned so much from all of you just by reading. I think this is a major resource missing from the Ideal Protein Protocol...networking and support.

WELCOME! And I hope this isn't hello and good-bye. You're so close. You must have a raft of experience you could share. Regardless, it's great to have you onboard.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #208  
colleenm

S/C/G: 269/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Down 100 pounds

As of this morning, I am down 100 pounds. Started IP in July 2010 and am moving into Phase 3 tomorrow. I wanted to be on Phase 4 a couple of weeks prior to vacation, so all is working out well. After vacation, I may go back on Phase 1 or Phase 2 so I get a few more pounds off. I'm very proud of myself and managed to get this far with NO cheats.

I don't post much, but read posts daily. Great support system !!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #209  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Down 100lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenm View Post
As of this morning, I am down 100 pounds. Started IP in July 2010 and am moving into Phase 3 tomorrow. I wanted to be on Phase 4 a couple of weeks prior to vacation, so all is working out well. After vacation, I may go back on Phase 1 or Phase 2 so I get a few more pounds off. I'm very proud of myself and managed to get this far with NO cheats.

I don't post much, but read posts daily. Great support system !!!!
Colleenm,

That is amazing. Congratulations!...and no cheats that's determination.
Where do you live in CO?

Lynn
Old 02-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #210  
colleenm

S/C/G: 269/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Colleenm,

That is amazing. Congratulations!...and no cheats that's determination.
Where do you live in CO?

Lynn
Lynn,

Thanks !!!! I live in Greeley.

Colleen
Closed Thread