Old 11-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #1  

Default Ideal Protien Info...

Can someone give me a little more info on this program? i.e., where do you look for the "guidance" (drs. or a walk in place) and cost?
taylorryleemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorryleemom View Post
Can someone give me a little more info on this program? i.e., where do you look for the "guidance" (drs. or a walk in place) and cost?
If you read and read and read through these threads there is lots of good stuff....but here is the low-down:

1. You can go to a clinic (usually a doctor/chiropractor's office) or do the idealtogo (online).
2. You eat one of there packets for breakfast (I eat the omlete packet everyday)
3. You eat a packet for lunch (I have one of their shakes) and lettuce with two cups of veggies (some are restricted or not allowed...carrots, tomatos, etc.)
4. You eat 5-6 ounces of lean beef, chicken, pork or 7-8 ounces of fish or seafood for dinner (ounces differ by clinic) and 2 cups of veggies and unlimited lettuce.
5. YOu are allowed 1-2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil at lunch and dinner and sea salt or other no carb seasonings (soy sauce, hot sauce, etc)
6. Drink tons of water.
7. no strenuous exercise
8. Eat one packet before bed (8pmish)
9. YOu should end up in "ketosis" ...your body is burning its fat reserves.
10. MOST IMPORTANTLY...THIS IS A NO CHEAT DIET (it works best if you NEVER cheat)
11. You will need to take supplements (about 40-50 bucks a month)
12. My clinic charges $4 a packet and I need about 25 for the week (I have an extra 1/2 a packet on longer workout days)
13. I have lost 36 pounds in 9 weeks and I am thrilled....love the diet and never felt better.

Good luck
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
If you read and read and read through these threads there is lots of good stuff....but here is the low-down:
Hey Darbs,

Would you please post this in the Newbie sticky? I think it would be extremely helpful there and a big thanks for doing it.

Could I suggest two things? Under water, add that one should drink a minimum of 1/2 ounce for each pound of body weight, not to exceed about 140 ounces a day. And emend #5 to say "you are allowed 2 teaspoons of olive oil a day. More only if your coach thinks you need more fat"?
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #4  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hey Darbs,

Would you please post this in the Newbie sticky? I think it would be extremely helpful there and a big thanks for doing it.

Could I suggest two things? Under water, add that one should drink a minimum of 1/2 ounce for each pound of body weight, not to exceed about 140 ounces a day. And emend #5 to say "you are allowed 2 teaspoons of olive oil a day. More only if your coach thinks you need more fat"?
Will do....I only use 1-2 tsp at most per day...but the amount varies so much....crazy
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #5  

Unhappy Ideal Protien not working!!

I have been on ideal protein for 3 weeks, the 1st week I lost 7lb, week 2 and 3 no weight loss! I am following the plan, not cheating..my coach has no idea why it's not working! I am so frustrated! Has this happened to anyone else?
What can I do?
kikij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #6  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikij View Post
I have been on ideal protein for 3 weeks, the 1st week I lost 7lb, week 2 and 3 no weight loss! I am following the plan, not cheating..my coach has no idea why it's not working! I am so frustrated! Has this happened to anyone else?
What can I do?
If you stick to the protocol 100% it WILL work!! Its a marathon, not a race. I have lost 30lbs since November 3rd and it has been a slow battle, but a successful one!!! Keep at it and you will get results!!
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:

1. You can go to a clinic (usually a doctor/chiropractor's office) or do the idealtogo (online).
2. You eat one of there packets for breakfast (I eat the omlete packet everyday)
3. You eat a packet for lunch (I have one of their shakes) and lettuce with two cups of veggies (some are restricted or not allowed...carrots, tomatos, etc.)
4. You eat 5-6 ounces of lean beef, chicken, pork or 7-8 ounces of fish or seafood for dinner (ounces differ by clinic) and 2 cups of veggies and unlimited lettuce.
5. YOu are allowed 1-2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil at lunch and dinner and sea salt or other no carb seasonings (soy sauce, hot sauce, etc)
6. Drink tons of water.
7. no strenuous exercise
8. Eat one packet before bed (8pmish)
9. YOu should end up in "ketosis" ...your body is burning its fat reserves.
10. MOST IMPORTANTLY...THIS IS A NO CHEAT DIET (it works best if you NEVER cheat)
11. You will need to take supplements (about 40-50 bucks a month)
12. My clinic charges $4 a packet and I need about 25 for the week (I have an extra 1/2 a packet on longer workout days)
13. I have lost 36 pounds in 9 weeks and I am thrilled....love the diet and never felt better.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hey Darbs,

Quote:
Will do....I only use 1-2 tsp at most per day...but the amount varies so much....crazy
I agree with Linden, this belongs in tips and maybe, faq.

May I also please ask, would you update the meat to the new IP protocol. ALL meats/fish are now allowed at 5-8 ounces. There is no distinction anymore and people can use what they need.

Also, please share that we only use real mineralized Sea Salt at 1/2 tsp per day.

Fyi, although the guideline is 1/2 ounce per pounds of weight, IP wants coaches to try and get clients to have at least 80 ounces per day.

Please also add we are to only use stevia, xylitol and, splenda/sucralose. This question is always being asked.

Thanks for the strong response you gave. It will really be valuable to everyone in the future!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #8  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I agree with Linden, this belongs in tips and maybe, faq.

May I also please ask, would you update the meat to the new IP protocol. ALL meats/fish are now allowed at 5-8 ounces. There is no distinction anymore and people can use what they need.
Ooh. This is news to me re the meat. Can you also post whether you weigh the veggies and meat pre- or post-cooking. I've seen a lot of questions about that and I have seen conflicting replies on the meat.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #9  
Kym

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5' 5"

Talking Supplements & Vitamins

Where can I find the "ingredients" to all the IP pill supplements? Ex. MultiVitamin, potassium/magnesium, etc. I'm trying to buy the off labels but want to match them to the IP formulas. Please and thanks.
KymCovHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 365/TICKER/300

Height: 5'10"

I signed up with IP through a coach in my area. However, I feel the "IP To Go" program would be a better fit for me - is it possible to switch from a "coach format" to the IP To Go program?
condanchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by condanchri View Post
I signed up with IP through a coach in my area. However, I feel the "IP To Go" program would be a better fit for me - is it possible to switch from a "coach format" to the IP To Go program?
You would have to ask them and your coach. I have never seen a comment on this topic

Please let us know what you learn!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
i had made that inquiry after signing up with my coach. the guy at ideal to go said it could be done if you're coach is willing to sign you up thru idealtogo and he/she would continue to get sales credit for your purchases
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 365/TICKER/300

Height: 5'10"

So, the only way to switch is if my current coach is willing to change? That seems a bit weird to me: obviously my coach earned sales commission through the IP products I bought from her. Why should she earn commission through products that I didn't buy from her? That sounds like they care more about their commision, than what ultimately works for me. Anybody have a different story on this?
condanchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
So, the only way to switch is if my current coach is willing to change? That seems a bit weird to me: obviously my coach earned sales commission through the IP products I bought from her. Why should she earn commission through products that I didn't buy from her? That sounds like they care more about their commision, than what ultimately works for me. Anybody have a different story on this?
Here is an excerpt from the gentleman I was dealing with at Ideal to go. I guess there is a commission issue here (yes, it's all business, what can we do about that?) and ideal to go was willing to split that commission with my coach. I landed up completing the program with my coach in the end, but this was the deal. As long as you are paying the same price, let them work out who gets what. Your big picture is taking care of yourself and getting the products and coaching that is appropriate for your lifestyle and do whats right for you. Hope that helps.

>You can have your coach sign you up with us. Explain the situation to him/her.
If he agrees he can sign you up with us and receive credit for your
purchases.<
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote