IP Daily Chat - Wed. 10 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: They are awesome I have tried them as well a nice snack. I was told they are only for a limited time.
    What!?? Only for a limited time?? I would hoard them but they would go flat wouldn't they?
  • Quote: Some days I need a 4th "packet" too, and took a suggestion from some of the others here to try the Premier Nutrition protein shakes from Costco. They taste very good (think Slim-fast chocolate flavour) and are very reasonably priced at 18 ready to go shakes for $28.
    Is it anything close to what our chocolate drink is like? I got some of the EAS carb control RTDs, but it was so thin and sweet... Ick.
  • Today marks my one month anniversary on IP. If you had asked me 5 weeks ago if I could give up carbs and caffeine, I probably would have laughed at you. Now, here we are a month later with no carbs and no caffeine and I feel great! I'm losing weight, making better decisions for my family and becoming a healthier me. I am halfway to my first goal and today a coworker referred to me as the incredible shrinking woman. I heart IP. And I heart you guys. This forum is a huge part of why I'm succeeding on this program. Couldn't do it without you!

Quote: What!?? Only for a limited time?? I would hoard them but they would go flat wouldn't they?
    Well, maybe squished! My coach said that she could only order a limited amount at first, but that they would always be available (not just for a limited time). I don't know why they would develop a recipe and then only have it available for a while... I also heard they're going to be coming out with a tomato soup... I hope it's good!
  • Popping in to report the results of my first weigh in....(drum roll please!!) 6 POUNDS GONE FOREVER!!!! Woop Woop!!! Have a good night everyone!
  • Quote: Hello! I wanted to introduce myself. Started IP last week and I am really finding it easy and I am not starving. I have not been successful on diets before so this is terrific. I feel thinner but my first weigh in is Friday... wish me luck!!

PS Soooo happy I found this board, lots of great advice!
    Welcome aboard. I had my first weigh in this morning and I was down 4 pounds! I have never lost that much in one week on any other diet! Let's make this our "last diet" ---Beth
  • Quote: Popping in to report the results of my first weigh in....(drum roll please!!) 6 POUNDS GONE FOREVER!!!! Woop Woop!!! Have a good night everyone!
    Great job Lesley - I had mine too - down 4! Woop Woop indeed! We should chat - how are you doing it - are you eating the restricted food? I keep forgetting to take my vitamins and supplements
  • Friday will be four weeks for me, but I had my 4th weigh in today and lost another 5 pounds, making a total of 18.5 pounds. My blood pressure did go up slightly for the first time since I've started. The nurse asked if I'd had anything salty or any seafood and I mentioned I had tilapia for the first time last night. She said that could be it, something about since my body's gotten used to being off salty foods and seafood has iodine. Still, last week was 112/66 and this was 124/66. Also lost another half inch off my chest, my hips, and my waist. My coworkers are always wanting to know when my next weigh in is and how much I've lost. I even added one to facebook so she could keep up since I post updates there.
  • Quote: Great job Lesley - I had mine too - down 4! Woop Woop indeed! We should chat - how are you doing it - are you eating the restricted food? I keep forgetting to take my vitamins and supplements
    Congrats!! I eat some restricted food...had a caramel nut bar for snack tonight (YUM!!!), I just try not to go crazy. I find I dont even really want them, but they dont seem to be slowing me down! And even before I started this program I drank a TON of water - now I drink up to 100oz a day - keeps me in the bathroom a bit, but worth it..tee hee! Good thing you mentioned the vitamins, forgot my last 2 with my snack whooops! I try and keep everything together in my pantry, (packets, vitamins and my meal sheet taped to the wall) that way, I grab my packet, grab my vitamins, my bottle of water - and I'm off!! Keep atter!!!!!
  • Quote: Friday will be four weeks for me, but I had my 4th weigh in today and lost another 5 pounds, making a total of 18.5 pounds. My blood pressure did go up slightly for the first time since I've started. The nurse asked if I'd had anything salty or any seafood and I mentioned I had tilapia for the first time last night. She said that could be it, something about since my body's gotten used to being off salty foods and seafood has iodine. Still, last week was 112/66 and this was 124/66. Also lost another half inch off my chest, my hips, and my waist. My coworkers are always wanting to know when my next weigh in is and how much I've lost. I even added one to facebook so she could keep up since I post updates there.
    Week 4 and still dropping 5 pounds!!?? You are truly an inspiration!!!
  • Quote: Is it anything close to what our chocolate drink is like? I got some of the EAS carb control RTDs, but it was so thin and sweet... Ick.
    I think the Premier Nutrition shakes are better than EAS Carb Advantedge shakes, closer to an IP shake. They're slightly higher in calories, but are thicker and better tasting than EAS shakes.
  • Quote: Good evening everyone!!!!

Had my WI today and lost 5 lbs......wooohooo And I have my weight/goal trackers, so it's been a good day.
    Congrats on your weight loss --- keep it going!!!

L
  • Quote: Popping in to report the results of my first weigh in....(drum roll please!!) 6 POUNDS GONE FOREVER!!!! Woop Woop!!! Have a good night everyone!
    Congrats Lesley -- keep it going --- I know you can do it!!!

L
  • Quote: I think the Premier Nutrition shakes are better than EAS Carb Advantedge shakes, closer to an IP shake. They're slightly higher in calories, but are thicker and better tasting than EAS shakes.
    Sounds good to me! I'll pick up some chocolate ones at Costco next time I'm there...
  • I just had to share this in regards to drinking soda. I stopped drinking soda back in June from hearing this. It was REALLY REALLY hard at first, but I had a couple sips a few weeks after I stopped, and it wasn't very good at all! I was glad I cheated so I knew I never wanted to go back to drinking it. Hope that helps someone thinking about stopping drinking soda.

The Main Issue:

Soda has a pH of about 1.5 and normal blood pH is between 7.2 to 7.4

It takes 32 glasses of alkaline water at a pH of 9 to neutralize the acid on ONE 12 oz can of soda. Most people don't drink that much water, and if they do, it's just regular water, not water that has been alkalinized. So in order to keep your blood at a neutral pH, your body uses the only thing it has to buffer that acid...the calcium from your bones. For every can of soda, your body withdraws 20mg of calcium from the bones.

When your body is an extremely acidic state, that is when disease develops.
  • Quote: Good Morning Everyone!

Had a busy night shift, just got home from work! It's pouring rain here, and freezing when it lands. Its like a skating rink out there! Glad my shift is over, it could make for a busy day in the Ambulance!

Are you a paramedic? EMT? Just curious I work in a busy trauma ICU, and love it!