IP Daily Chat - Wed. 10 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Hi all..I'm still fighting an infection in my body.. bladder? kidney? I finish the antibiotic saturday and another test monday to see what's going on,... it has really had me feeling poorly and even a bit depressed...I am usually upbeat, energetic and joyful.. so this hit me hard...I've had to go off diet during this time as dr wanted me to drink unsweetened cranb juice, ( plus pills) etc, during this time.

On the postive note, you all are doing so well, and I can't wait to start the 'boot camp' beginning phase 1 again once this infection clears..

keep up the good work!!
    angel blessings!!!
  • okay so today was my first WI on Phase 2. I was nervous not knowing what to expect but yeahhhh I lost 2.5. It is an awesome feeling to hear ohh good for you you`ve lost... BUT my emotional high came later in the day with a NSV when my son came home from school and stood in the doorway as I was preparing supper at the kitchen counter. I turned and he was just looking at me and I asked what`s wrong with you and bless his little heart he said Mom your skinny. Took me back to the years when they are little and tell you how pretty you are. I just looked back at him and said well thanks for noticing and he said no I mean it Mom you look good. I am celebrating that today more then the scale victory!! I absolutely love this program!!!
  • Quote: okay so today was my first WI on Phase 2. I was nervous not knowing what to expect but yeahhhh I lost 2.5. It is an awesome feeling to hear ohh good for you you`ve lost... BUT my emotional high came later in the day with a NSV when my son came home from school and stood in the doorway as I was preparing supper at the kitchen counter. I turned and he was just looking at me and I asked what`s wrong with you and bless his little heart he said Mom your skinny. Took me back to the years when they are little and tell you how pretty you are. I just looked back at him and said well thanks for noticing and he said no I mean it Mom you look good. I am celebrating that today more then the scale victory!! I absolutely love this program!!!
    Sometimes kids say the sweetest things.
  • New IP Product
    Hi Everyone,

I just tasted the new IP Southwester cheese puffs -wow!!! If you haven't had them, you must try them! So yum but now I have the weirdest stomach pains...I'm not sure if attributable to the cheese puffs (i hope not). Lol they are so good, the pain still won't deter me!
  • Quote: Hi Everyone,

I just tasted the new IP Southwester cheese puffs -wow!!! If you haven't had them, you must try them! So yum but now I have the weirdest stomach pains...I'm not sure if attributable to the cheese puffs (i hope not). Lol they are so good, the pain still won't deter me!
    They are awesome I have tried them as well a nice snack. I was told they are only for a limited time.
  • Good evening everyone!!!!

Had my WI today and lost 5 lbs......wooohooo And I have my weight/goal trackers, so it's been a good day.
  • The 5 Day Fog is Lifting!
    Hi All,

Today is day 5 for me and the fatigue and mini headaches are lifted! I had a lot more energy today than I did for the past few days.

My scale confirmed that I didn't see a fluke yesterday - 10 lb lost!

~Michelle
  • Quote: Hi All,

Today is day 5 for me and the fatigue and mini headaches are lifted! I had a lot more energy today than I did for the past few days.

My scale confirmed that I didn't see a fluke yesterday - 10 lb lost!

~Michelle
    That is awesome!!!!! Congrats....
  • Just popping in to say hi. I'm still at my parents. Dad didn't have his knee replacement surgery, but that's a longish story I won't get into now. I'm hoping for clear weather on my next driving days which are Friday, Sunday and Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been staying on Phase 1 and a few Phase 2 days, but I have no idea how my weight is since they don't have a scale here. We'll see when we get home which I hope will be Monday sometime.
  • Good day to all!!

Had my weigh-in today. Happy to report that I lost 5.5 pounds this week.

And I am going to keep on going!

L
  • Tomato Juice ..
    My Mom makes a delicious dish of Hungarian cabbage rolls.

She makes them with ground beef and RICE, but she has made them without the rice which would work out great for me!

The question is concerning the tomato juice. I checked the content and in 1/2 cup there is no fat and 9 grams of carbs.

Can I get away with eating these on Phase 1? The cabbage rolls are only cooked in the tomato juice. I don't end up drinking it.

Any thoughts out there on this one?

Thanks!
    L
  • I have an NSV to report. My husband, who has been very supportive over the past five months, actually said I looked SEXY last night. OMG!!! It is amazing how awesome that can make you feel. I bought a new black nightgown at Target yesterday. Really, nothing sexy, it just fits me as opposed to the old one that was falling off. That was as good as any little black dress story! Just wait til I lose that next 27 pounds. I'll knock his socks off.
  • Quote: Just popping in to say hi. I'm still at my parents. Dad didn't have his knee replacement surgery, but that's a longish story I won't get into now. I'm hoping for clear weather on my next driving days which are Friday, Sunday and Monday.
    Thanks for letting us know. Safe drive home!

Quote: My Mom makes a delicious dish of Hungarian cabbage rolls.

The question is concerning the tomato juice. I checked the content and in 1/2 cup there is no fat and 9 grams of carbs.
    I'd eat 'em, enjoy 'em, and count the tomato juice sopped up by the cabbage leaves as some fraction of an "occasional" vegetable.
  • Quote: Just popping in to say hi. I'm still at my parents. Dad didn't have his knee replacement surgery, but that's a longish story I won't get into now. I'm hoping for clear weather on my next driving days which are Friday, Sunday and Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been staying on Phase 1 and a few Phase 2 days, but I have no idea how my weight is since they don't have a scale here. We'll see when we get home which I hope will be Monday sometime.
    Drive safely and I have missed reading your posts!
  • Quote: People still won't comment to me. I've lost over 40lbs and the only people who have commented are the ones I have told about the plan from the beginning(husband, 2 best friends) The weight loss is obvious but some people just don't want to acknowledge it. I don't know if it is jealousy, they feel uncomfortable, or they are just too wrapped up in themselves, but it is discouraging. How I feel is more important then what they say.
    Time and weight loss will take care of it all. Eventually everyone will have to notice. They don't have to say anything, but they will notice and you'll know they do. Congratulations on the weight that you have lost, you are doing great.

Quote: The way it was explained to me is that carbonated beverages contain carbonic acid. The IP diet is an alkaline diet, and the carbonic acid diminishes the effects of the diet.
    I have only lost the desire to drink carbonated beverages in the last several weeks. Diet Pepsi is my drink of choice, or it use to be. I would have 3 a day sometimes. I lost 100 pounds in 6 months. - I don't have the slightest desire for one now and I don't know why, but I am not drinking them and my weight lose has slowed down to 2 pounds per week for the last three weeks. It probably has nothing to do with it, but that's my stats.

Quote: Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a good past week. I've been gone to a conference for the past week and a half and am just getting back. I was very concerned that I was going to have problems staying on the diet while I was away. I went to Orlando and let me tell you it wasn't easy, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I expected it to be. I did a great job of staying on diet and getting restaurants to sub veggies for me. The thing that threw a wrench in my plans was my back went out while I was gone and I had to start medication for it. I found that if I didn't eat when I took my medicine I got loopy. I was very concerned but I called my coach and she told me that my back was more important and if I had to modify my diet to take the medicine it was no problem. After hearing that it made it easier for me and while I did have to stray a bit from the plan my goal was to come home and not have a net gain for the two weeks between my last WI and the one when I got home. Well last night was the big WI and I was so pleased. Not only did I not gain weight, but i had a loss of 4.4lbs! I also got measured last night. Yesterday was 2 months from the day I started (sept 9) and I can proudly say I've lost a total of 21.25 inches!! I am so excited about that and the fact that I didn't gain any weight while at my conference that I immediately called my parents who are also on the diet to tell them. It is a great feeling to know that I can travel and do things like that and stick to the plan. It really showed me that by sticking to the plan I see results so I was able to avoid the temptation of the cake and cookies in my office today.

If you read this far in my post, thanks. If you just skimmed my post thanks! The support from this forum really helps me stay on track.

Jess
    Great job!!!! I go to conferences, too and many other social type business meetings and I somehow make this plan work for me. Keep at it - it works.

Quote: Not sure where my mind went that I became fine with a 61 lb loss and hanging out at 294, but I've been there for three weeks and cheated my way to no loss (no gain, though, either!).

But, I'm back! Somehow over the weekend I decided, "this is enough!" I've lost four pounds already this week, and can't wait until my official WI Saturday. I'm really hoping to hit the 280's officially.

If you don't fail the diet, it won't fail you. Duh. I'm just doing what I should do every time I have the chance to do it, and it can't fail me!
    I am so glad that you are back! You have had your fling, now with that wonderful positive attitude you have going for you, make it work for you. We really can do this with the support of one another.