3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat - Wed. 10 Nov. 2010

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #46
Re-Start 8/6/2012
 
Lesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 162

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Default

VERY FIRST WI THIS AFTERNOON!!! Wish me luck! Will report back tonight!
Lesley is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #47
Restarted IP 07/07/14
 
amylew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 279

S/C/G: 178/160/123

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
amylew- the spreadsheet you are working on...is this alternative packets...not IP? I was wondering because if it is, maybe we should specify what brand they are...I order from nashua and lindora and they all have differences. If it is, I could work on it....I have quite a few boxes at home....and a few here at work. Let me know!
Look at the bottom of the spreadsheet. IP is on one sheet, Lindora on another, EAS on another, Nashua Nutrition on another, etc. On the Nashua Nutrition one, I put the actual brand, i.e. Proti-Thin, Health Smart, etc. in the name of the item.

Thanks for helping with this! I think the more people who help, the more complete it will be.
__________________

______________________________________

amylew is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #48
Started IP 9/1/10
 
wyoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE
Posts: 238

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Julie: What were you meaning by being different with the food packs? I can deal with half the price versus 90+ a week it was to the point I really couldn't afford being on the program anymore, but I do love the variety.
I was just meaning that not all packets are created equal. A choc drink mix from Lindora has different work-up than IP or from Nashua. You really have to watch. I noticed, thanks to amylew (and everyone else contributing), that a lot of the packets I have been using have sugars I never noticed....just in such small amounts they don't mess with the carbs.

I am losing by eating alternatively...but that could be because I am watching what I eat (minus my cheat last night) and I am consuming very low fat/carb. I figure I would lose even if I weren't eating high protein. But, I feel better eating the protein!

I, too, love the variety. I stopped using IP products a couple months ago....saved me big bucks. However, I question my health at times (bruising) and I worry that I am not getting enough nutrients! That is why I am pretty diligent with the forum....making sure to learn everything I can!
__________________
Began IP journey: 9/1/10 Onederland Goal MET: 12/2/10 (-40 lbs) Christmas Goal MET: 12/26/10 (-15 lbs)
-50 lb Goal MET: 1/13/11
-60 lb Goal MET: 2/23/11 Began maintenance: 5/1/11

Married 8/6/11 to my best friend! And now.....



Progress Photos....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...to-plunge.html
wyoangel is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 189

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jartiles View Post
Sobe Life Water makes some 0 calorie drinks that are all sweetened with PureVia. And, Powerade Zero is sweetened with sucralose (aka Splenda).
Thanks! I'm definitely getting some of those drinks this week.
Coqui is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #50
sheila
 
sheila1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WYOMING
Posts: 486

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Default

wyoangel so let me get this right you are basically cooking at home and not using the packets at all? I understand not all packets are created equally but I figure every little bit helps and so far so good. I just was amazed at the variety versus IP product variety.
__________________




Christmas Challenge
sheila1971 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #51
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5

Default New

Hey all. New here and to IP. Day 1 on the program and already I know it's going to be hard. I'm a habitual snacker.

Question: Do any of you have to deal with negative responses to your diet choice? Family is very supportive but others that have heard about it have all been very negative saying how I'm going to make myself sick, etc.

5'6", 271 lbs.
Cinnleigh is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #52
Sheila E.
 
EatAnts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 434

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnleigh View Post
Hey all. New here and to IP. Day 1 on the program and already I know it's going to be hard. I'm a habitual snacker.

Question: Do any of you have to deal with negative responses to your diet choice? Family is very supportive but others that have heard about it have all been very negative saying how I'm going to make myself sick, etc.

5'6", 271 lbs.
Believe in what you are doing and educate yourself. By doing this, you will be able to better explain why this eating plan works and why it is healthy. Uneducated people are quick to make judgments.

If you are not educated well, it is hard to convince them otherwise. These forums are great and so is the information on the first post of this daily chat for educating yourself.

You also always have the people who are always right and you will never convince them what you are doing is the right decision for you and healthy for you. To those people, just agree to disagree and don't let it get to you (easier said than done).

Congrats and welcome!
__________________
Started IP August 3, 2010 Total Weight Loss: 33.4 lb, Total Inches Lost: 49.75 in
EatAnts is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #53
Member
 
Brenley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 94

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a good past week. I've been gone to a conference for the past week and a half and am just getting back. I was very concerned that I was going to have problems staying on the diet while I was away. I went to Orlando and let me tell you it wasn't easy, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I expected it to be. I did a great job of staying on diet and getting restaurants to sub veggies for me. The thing that threw a wrench in my plans was my back went out while I was gone and I had to start medication for it. I found that if I didn't eat when I took my medicine I got loopy. I was very concerned but I called my coach and she told me that my back was more important and if I had to modify my diet to take the medicine it was no problem. After hearing that it made it easier for me and while I did have to stray a bit from the plan my goal was to come home and not have a net gain for the two weeks between my last WI and the one when I got home. Well last night was the big WI and I was so pleased. Not only did I not gain weight, but i had a loss of 4.4lbs! I also got measured last night. Yesterday was 2 months from the day I started (sept 9) and I can proudly say I've lost a total of 21.25 inches!! I am so excited about that and the fact that I didn't gain any weight while at my conference that I immediately called my parents who are also on the diet to tell them. It is a great feeling to know that I can travel and do things like that and stick to the plan. It really showed me that by sticking to the plan I see results so I was able to avoid the temptation of the cake and cookies in my office today.

If you read this far in my post, thanks. If you just skimmed my post thanks! The support from this forum really helps me stay on track.

Jess

I read the whole post CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
__________________


doing a little jig for every 5 pounds lost!

Brenley is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #54
Started IP 6/23/10
 
natchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 130

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnleigh View Post
Question: Do any of you have to deal with negative responses to your diet choice? Family is very supportive but others that have heard about it have all been very negative saying how I'm going to make myself sick, etc.
I really like what Dr. Tran Tien, developer of the diet has to say on this matter. He site is very valuable. http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article143
__________________
natchamp is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #55
Member
 
jartiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Morristown, NJ
Posts: 30

S/C/G: 181/162/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
I really like what Dr. Tran Tien, developer of the diet has to say on this matter. He site is very valuable. http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article143
So right, I think he says it best. Thanks natchamp!
__________________
jartiles is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Crystal88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 137

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
The way it was explained to me is that carbonated beverages contain carbonic acid. The IP diet is an alkaline diet, and the carbonic acid diminishes the effects of the diet.
Does that include waters like seltzer water and Poland Spring bubbly water?
__________________
Crystal88 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Crystal88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 137

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a good past week. I've been gone to a conference for the past week and a half and am just getting back. I was very concerned that I was going to have problems staying on the diet while I was away. I went to Orlando and let me tell you it wasn't easy, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I expected it to be. I did a great job of staying on diet and getting restaurants to sub veggies for me. The thing that threw a wrench in my plans was my back went out while I was gone and I had to start medication for it. I found that if I didn't eat when I took my medicine I got loopy. I was very concerned but I called my coach and she told me that my back was more important and if I had to modify my diet to take the medicine it was no problem. After hearing that it made it easier for me and while I did have to stray a bit from the plan my goal was to come home and not have a net gain for the two weeks between my last WI and the one when I got home. Well last night was the big WI and I was so pleased. Not only did I not gain weight, but i had a loss of 4.4lbs! I also got measured last night. Yesterday was 2 months from the day I started (sept 9) and I can proudly say I've lost a total of 21.25 inches!! I am so excited about that and the fact that I didn't gain any weight while at my conference that I immediately called my parents who are also on the diet to tell them. It is a great feeling to know that I can travel and do things like that and stick to the plan. It really showed me that by sticking to the plan I see results so I was able to avoid the temptation of the cake and cookies in my office today.

If you read this far in my post, thanks. If you just skimmed my post thanks! The support from this forum really helps me stay on track.

Jess
Congratulations Jess! You prove by example that the plan can be followed even in the most challenging circumstances. Thanks for the update!
__________________
Crystal88 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #58
Member
 
gibster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 97

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
I was just meaning that not all packets are created equal. A choc drink mix from Lindora has different work-up than IP or from Nashua. You really have to watch. I noticed, thanks to amylew (and everyone else contributing), that a lot of the packets I have been using have sugars I never noticed....just in such small amounts they don't mess with the carbs.

I am losing by eating alternatively...but that could be because I am watching what I eat (minus my cheat last night) and I am consuming very low fat/carb. I figure I would lose even if I weren't eating high protein. But, I feel better eating the protein!

I, too, love the variety. I stopped using IP products a couple months ago....saved me big bucks. However, I question my health at times (bruising) and I worry that I am not getting enough nutrients! That is why I am pretty diligent with the forum....making sure to learn everything I can!
If you really want an education, read Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes. Taubes is not a doctor, but a science writer, and did extensive research on the origins of various diets, along with the gobernment's influence on recommendations. It is not an easy read at times, but is so full of good information regarding low carb diets.

One thing I would suggest to you is that you do not let your fat intake go too low.
__________________
LINDA
gibster is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Crystal88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 137

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnleigh View Post
Hey all. New here and to IP. Day 1 on the program and already I know it's going to be hard. I'm a habitual snacker.

Question: Do any of you have to deal with negative responses to your diet choice? Family is very supportive but others that have heard about it have all been very negative saying how I'm going to make myself sick, etc.

5'6", 271 lbs.
I have been able to answer to potential critics that it's a medically supported program. In my case, the clinic director is an M.D. and she did the original presentation. During that presentation she cited her many cases of clients/patients who have had to go off their medication completely because this diet make them so healthy. Specifically, they are coming off medications for diabetes, blood pressure, and cholesterol. Their numbers are returning to normal not just because the weight is coming off, but because it's coming off in a way that preserves muscle mass and allows the pancreas a time to rest. All of this facilitates healing at a very deep level.

This is so much more than a diet. It's a healing program. The supplements, water, and vegetables help your body remove toxins that may be stored in the fat cells, so your body is getting better in many ways.

And that is also one reason Aspartame, which is very damaging to the body, is not recommended. If you can remove all the insults and not add any new ones to the body, the quality of your cells is going to improve immeasurably, and measurably as well.
__________________
Crystal88 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #60
Started IP 9/1/10
 
wyoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE
Posts: 238

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
wyoangel so let me get this right you are basically cooking at home and not using the packets at all? I understand not all packets are created equally but I figure every little bit helps and so far so good. I just was amazed at the variety versus IP product variety.
absolutely not.....I use packets.....I just stopped doing strict IP....I do the alternative products.
__________________
Began IP journey: 9/1/10 Onederland Goal MET: 12/2/10 (-40 lbs) Christmas Goal MET: 12/26/10 (-15 lbs)
-50 lb Goal MET: 1/13/11
-60 lb Goal MET: 2/23/11 Began maintenance: 5/1/11

Married 8/6/11 to my best friend! And now.....



Progress Photos....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...to-plunge.html
wyoangel is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat - Tues. 9 Nov. 2010 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 102 11-10-2010 12:32 PM
IP Daily Chat - Wed. 3 Nov. 2010 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 118 11-04-2010 09:45 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2