Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #31  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Default I've returned

Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a good past week. I've been gone to a conference for the past week and a half and am just getting back. I was very concerned that I was going to have problems staying on the diet while I was away. I went to Orlando and let me tell you it wasn't easy, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I expected it to be. I did a great job of staying on diet and getting restaurants to sub veggies for me. The thing that threw a wrench in my plans was my back went out while I was gone and I had to start medication for it. I found that if I didn't eat when I took my medicine I got loopy. I was very concerned but I called my coach and she told me that my back was more important and if I had to modify my diet to take the medicine it was no problem. After hearing that it made it easier for me and while I did have to stray a bit from the plan my goal was to come home and not have a net gain for the two weeks between my last WI and the one when I got home. Well last night was the big WI and I was so pleased. Not only did I not gain weight, but i had a loss of 4.4lbs! I also got measured last night. Yesterday was 2 months from the day I started (sept 9) and I can proudly say I've lost a total of 21.25 inches!! I am so excited about that and the fact that I didn't gain any weight while at my conference that I immediately called my parents who are also on the diet to tell them. It is a great feeling to know that I can travel and do things like that and stick to the plan. It really showed me that by sticking to the plan I see results so I was able to avoid the temptation of the cake and cookies in my office today.

If you read this far in my post, thanks. If you just skimmed my post thanks! The support from this forum really helps me stay on track.

Jess
Old 11-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
The way it was explained to me is that carbonated beverages contain carbonic acid. The IP diet is an alkaline diet, and the carbonic acid diminishes the effects of the diet.
Yes I was told the same thing. Too bad is a carbonated beverage. Anyway since splenda is allowed I will look for those. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #33  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats on your 4th weigh-in - I am just about to enter Phase II. I found it helpful to buy the ketosis strips and test each morning - because as long as you are in ketosis you will have tons of energy and burn fat for your fuel.

Chinese Cabbage is allowed (grilled or steamed) but not the normal cabbages.

Have you downloaded the book by Chanh Tran Tien? You can get it here: http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique28

I just love the Ideal Protein diet and I hope you are inspired as well.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

Wow Jess that is great! Congrats on making it through you trip and staying on plan! Well I was a little bummed because I have my 5 year service appreciation supper and they are going to the chineese restaurant. They have a buffet and I knew there was NOTHING on the buffet that I could eat and stay on plan. So I respectfully declined the invitation. My supervisor just asked me why I couldn't make it so I explained that the buffet was so way off course for me... it wasn't even funny. So he is getting an exception for me... He is making the arrangements for me to get grilled chicken and steamed veggies (no onions no carrots)... dry no added sauce or MSV no spices. Will bring my own chineese spice. I am very happy that he really wants me there and is so supportive of my attempt to follow protocol! I'm thinking he is the best supervisor ever. That may change by tomorrow but for today he is my hero! LOL
Old 11-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #35  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
People still won't comment to me. I've lost over 40lbs and the only people who have commented are the ones I have told about the plan from the beginning(husband, 2 best friends) The weight loss is obvious but some people just don't want to acknowledge it. I don't know if it is jealousy, they feel uncomfortable, or they are just too wrapped up in themselves, but it is discouraging. How I feel is more important then what they say.
The same is true with me - I've lost 34 pounds and my own SISTER hasn't said a single thing this entire time - in fact when I told her I'd lost weight she said "really? I hadn't even noticed!"

Few know how to be supportive when it comes to weight loss - most are uncomfortable and don't know what to say. I think they're afraid that if they are encouraging that they are saying we weren't good-looking when we weighed more. Others just feel bad about themselves and are too busy thinking about their own weight issues to find a way to say anything uplifting. Still others have seen me lose weight before and they are probably thinking "yeah...we've seen you do this before...you'll gain it back"

After all these years I can finally say that I don't need other people to notice my weight loss - I am my own best friend in this situation - I am the one who gets to say "yay me!"
Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 181/162/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I am curious about drinks with aspartame. Has anyone noticed a difference in weight loss while taking these drinks vs. those with splenda? I personally use Pure Via (stevia) for my coffee, but I am not aware of any drinks out there with this ingredient. I'm asking because my first week I lost 9 pound and my second only 2, granted that the first week is more water weight. During week 2, I had a diet snapple with aspartame everyday (0 carbs, 0 calories). This week I decided not drink anything with aspartame to see if there is a difference. I'm on week three without restricted foods. I WI on Saturday so we'll see what happens. Have a great day! God Bless!
Sobe Life Water makes some 0 calorie drinks that are all sweetened with PureVia. And, Powerade Zero is sweetened with sucralose (aka Splenda).
Old 11-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 181/162/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
The way it was explained to me is that carbonated beverages contain carbonic acid. The IP diet is an alkaline diet, and the carbonic acid diminishes the effects of the diet.
It's interesting (sometimes frustrating) how different coaches provide different information. I was never told to stay away from carbonated beverages. I drink seltzer water all the time, and was told by my coach that it was ok. I should clarify that I drink unsweeted seltzer water, but a carbonated beverage none the less. I can understand staying away from diet sodas, not just because of the aspartame, but also all of the other junk that's in them, but seltzer seems harmless IMHO. Anyway, I don't think that it's had any negative effect on my weight loss so far.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
People still won't comment to me. I've lost over 40lbs and the only people who have commented are the ones I have told about the plan from the beginning(husband, 2 best friends) The weight loss is obvious but some people just don't want to acknowledge it. I don't know if it is jealousy, they feel uncomfortable, or they are just too wrapped up in themselves, but it is discouraging. How I feel is more important then what they say.
I must say....from your profile pic, your feet look skinny!! Good work!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #39  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

After my little whine this morning() I finally got a compliment! A women I used to work with told me that not only do I look great but that I'm being discussed in the staff room as in "wow! What is she doing?" People are noticing but for whatever reason just can't tell me.

My coach said I could have carbonated water. It has nothing in it but water and natural flavor. However, not a lot of taste either. I'm thinking about having it with some flavour added and maybe Splenda.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
I share your fear and I'm totally addicted to my scale, which is not a good thing. It shows the numbers going down, but no one has really noticed yet. Not even my BF. As of this morning my scale says 14 lbs gone and I'm into my 5th week. I was supposed to have a WI yesterday, but the doctor was called away, so I'm going today. I really want to strip off all my clothes and get on her scale....LOL
I asked my coach if I could take off my jeans to weigh in, she gave me a funny look. I had to tell her I was kidding.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #41  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
I asked my coach if I could take off my jeans to weigh in, she gave me a funny look. I had to tell her I was kidding.
My coach asked me if I wanted to take mine off (she works out of her house ) I have chosen to wear leggings and a long t-shirt to every weigh-in. Closest I can come to naked yet comfortable.

Sorry, the avatar is a cheat-they are my daughter's feet. This weekend I'll get my signature. I'll post progress photos then.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #42  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Default Swift Kick

Not sure where my mind went that I became fine with a 61 lb loss and hanging out at 294, but I've been there for three weeks and cheated my way to no loss (no gain, though, either!).

But, I'm back! Somehow over the weekend I decided, "this is enough!" I've lost four pounds already this week, and can't wait until my official WI Saturday. I'm really hoping to hit the 280's officially.

Why is it that once I told myself I wanted to lose 40 lbs by Christmas (which really 30 would be much more reasonable), did I then wait three weeks to kick it in gear? I know from experience that (whose signature am I quoting here? I don't remember!) If you don't fail the diet, it won't fail you. Duh. I'm just doing what I should do every time I have the chance to do it, and it can't fail me!

Love it. Off to victory! And on my way for GOOD! (thus the name!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a good past week. I've been gone to a conference for the past week and a half and am just getting back. I was very concerned that I was going to have problems staying on the diet while I was away. I went to Orlando and let me tell you it wasn't easy, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I expected it to be. I did a great job of staying on diet and getting restaurants to sub veggies for me. The thing that threw a wrench in my plans was my back went out while I was gone and I had to start medication for it. I found that if I didn't eat when I took my medicine I got loopy. I was very concerned but I called my coach and she told me that my back was more important and if I had to modify my diet to take the medicine it was no problem. After hearing that it made it easier for me and while I did have to stray a bit from the plan my goal was to come home and not have a net gain for the two weeks between my last WI and the one when I got home. Well last night was the big WI and I was so pleased. Not only did I not gain weight, but i had a loss of 4.4lbs! I also got measured last night. Yesterday was 2 months from the day I started (sept 9) and I can proudly say I've lost a total of 21.25 inches!! I am so excited about that and the fact that I didn't gain any weight while at my conference that I immediately called my parents who are also on the diet to tell them. It is a great feeling to know that I can travel and do things like that and stick to the plan. It really showed me that by sticking to the plan I see results so I was able to avoid the temptation of the cake and cookies in my office today.

If you read this far in my post, thanks. If you just skimmed my post thanks! The support from this forum really helps me stay on track.

Jess
I read it all, and yay for you! That's so awesome!

Last edited by OnMyWayForGood; 11-10-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #43  

I had a NSV this morning. When I started IP on Sept. 18th, my size 14 pants were getting too snug, and I just put on a pair of size 12 jeans just to see where I was at. I couldn't even get them buttoned. Heck, the buttons wouldn't even touch by about 3-4 inches. Anyways, I'm wearing them as I type and they fit about how my 14's did when I started this. I'm so happy!

Great Job TBF410!! That's great you stuck with it even with your back going out. That's very inspiring to everyone I'm sure.

Mamadancer ~ I'm glad you were being talked about like that and someone told you. Weight is a funny thing to talk about though. People have just learned to keep their mouths shut in fear of hurting someone's feelings if they haven't lost weight, or like other's said: they're just jealous or wrapped up in themselves. It does help being encouraged when someone notices and says it. I love looking at other people's before and after (and during) It is very motivating to me. You must be so proud of your daughter for dancing like that! That makes my toes hurt just looking at her doing that!

Have a great day everyone and MedicMom734, stay safe out there saving everyone.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #44  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Ooh! One more thing!

I used an egg and crushed up Southwest Cheese Curls last night to dredge my chicken in, then threw it in a pan! It wasn't as spicy after being cooked, but it was great to have a breaded chicken that was not illegal!

Also, have you made Salisbury Steak by pouring mushroom soup over burgers in a pan? DH loves it, and that's the only way I'll even pretend to eat that mushroom soup.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #45  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post

Jess
Congrats on the HUGE loss of inches!!! It is so good to see that even people who have been on this diet for a few months are still motivated!!! Very inspirational for a noob like me!! Hope your back is feeling better.
Closed Thread