Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #91  
IP Newbie Beth

S/C/G: 190/186/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say I won't be doing IP for at least the next nine months. Found out Saturday that I'm pregnant! Due date is July 17, 2011. So, I'm gonna pack away my IP stuff and I'll see ya'll next year.
Congratulations to you! I loved being pregnant - hope you do too! Beth
Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Congrats TennesseeLeigh enjoy every moment even the bad ones! and don't forget to take pregnant belly pics!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Well I'm back from WI #7 and I'm down 5 lbs!! I am so thrilled after last week's small loss. So that is a little over 27 lbs in 7 weeks!
Onederland here I come! Have a great evening everyone!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Yumm I cannot remember who it was who suggested this but I just tried the chocolate pudding with cayenne pepper and it is soooo good! Thanks for the tip!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #95  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Had weigh in 9 today and lost another 4.5 lbs. for a total loss of 48 lbs. I am shocked everyday at how wonderful the IP plan is. Finally I have found something I can do for life. I haven't felt this good in years!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:06 PM   #96  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I tried the chai tea vanilla pudding shake thing tonight - OMG. My favorite way to have the vanilla shake - so yummy!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Amy, I logged out of my gmail account and I can view the spreadsheet.

If you're trying to view the file from your workplace or a workplace computer, they may have google documents sites blocked for security reasons. Your IT department doesn't want you sharing corporate information or exposing corporate information unintentionally on an unsecured site.

About the article Aunt Sheshi posted today -- This is really a Phase 3/4 conversation, however, here we go: If you're concerned about inflammation, avoid grains, especially wheat, and minimize consumption of legumes. Wheat germ agglutinin, a lectin (type of protein), damages the gut and interferes with vitamin D absorption. Lectins in wheat and other grains and in legumes promote H. pylori, the bacteria associated with GERD (acid reflux) and stomach ulcers. And just to make you feel even better , why do you think it's so hard to give up wheat? Because it naturally contains opioids.

When you've phased out and are in maintenance, consider running a little experiment with your body. Avoid wheats and grains for a month (it won't be too bad, you've done it before), get your starchy carbs from root veggies, sweet potatoes and squashes. Then after a month try a few days having the daily recommended servings of whole grains and legumes. You might just be surprised.
Thanks for this EXCELLENT explanation of what wheat can do to us... you're right, it really won't apply to those of us still in Phases 1 & 2, but I wanted to reassure everybody that giving all that up from the beginning was a good thing... I gave up all wheat products about a year before I started the IP protocol, so that part was not difficult for me... I had started noticing that the day after I ate any kind of wheat product, I felt like heck... as soon as I gave it up, I started feeling lots better... I probably thought of it because my daughter-in-law has celiac sprue & I knew her symptoms (which were a lot worse than mine ever were).. being a wheat farmer's daughter, I went on a bit of guilt trip for a while, but I just had to make the change... reading your post makes me REALLY glad I did... thanks again....

hugs
Old 11-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #98  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

getting late, I know, but had to add my congrats to TennesseeLeigh on your pregnancy.
Blessings to you!!
Old 11-10-2010, 05:40 AM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Question for you more veteran IPers... Does anyone supplement all their IP packets with a protein shake from protein powder? Like something you would buy at GNC? I can't really justify spending more money on packets, but sometimes I could really go for a shake on my way to work (6 am), packet on my morning break (9am), lunch (12), dinner (5pm) and snack (7pm). I'm usually hungry on my way to work but I don't like having my packet then when I know that I will have 5 hours minimum before lunch. I work in surgery, so it's not the kind of thing where I can snack during the morning! I was thinking about getting a canister of protein powder and having one of those on my way to work. Any thoughts?
I'm glad you're looking for ways to make it through surgeries! The patients probably are too. I did a fourth or fifth packet some days when the time gaps between meals were long, and I used alternative product. One thing I found that worked for me to was add a little fat to my breakfast -- an egg mixed with the omelet packet, or some olive oil right off the spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Thanks for this EXCELLENT explanation of what wheat can do to us... you're right, it really won't apply to those of us still in Phases 1 & 2, but I wanted to reassure everybody that giving all that up from the beginning was a good thing... I gave up all wheat products about a year before I started the IP protocol, so that part was not difficult for me... I had started noticing that the day after I ate any kind of wheat product, I felt like heck... as soon as I gave it up, I started feeling lots better... I probably thought of it because my daughter-in-law has celiac sprue & I knew her symptoms (which were a lot worse than mine ever were).. being a wheat farmer's daughter, I went on a bit of guilt trip for a while, but I just had to make the change... reading your post makes me REALLY glad I did... thanks again....
I'm relieved that you're ok with the information -- I hesitated to post it. I'm very glad that you've eliminated/reduced something that was negatively affecting you without your knowledge. It's so pervasive and we never really know how it's affecting us until we stop or we get really sick. It's been recommended to me many times and I never did it. Even 5 months ago, my June self would have looked at my November self and said, "Are you crazy -- give up wheat and flour products?" And yet, here I am!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #100  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ButterflyKisses View Post
Have a new question today. I thought I'd read somewhere that we can cut up the vitamins but can't find the post. Is this correct? I'm finding that I'm gagging on them more and more.
I can't swallow either the Mag/cal or the K/cal. I asked a pharmacist; he looked them up in a huge book he has; and said they could be safely broken in two.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #101  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

The new daily thread is now open.

This thread will be left open until later today. This will allow you to multi-quote posts from this thread and reply in the new thread.

Please be sure to place all new posts in the new daily thread, not in this thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:34 AM   #102  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Hello I just started the IP weight loss program and need to lose 100lbs. I have been reading all the posts and have been inspired to make this work for me and my family. I appreciate all the posts about the different things you can do mix things up and create new things by flavour profiling. I would like to know if adding crystal light to your water has effected anybody negatively or is it ok to use.
This plan does work and will continue to change you and your family. I cook the same thing for my husband as I cook for me, except I will make him potatoes or rice, or some other thing that he likes. That way I am not cooking two meals all of the time. That would get very old after a while. You will do great -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Question for you more veteran IPers... Does anyone supplement all their IP packets with a protein shake from protein powder? Like something you would buy at GNC? I can't really justify spending more money on packets, but sometimes I could really go for a shake on my way to work (6 am), packet on my morning break (9am), lunch (12), dinner (5pm) and snack (7pm). I'm usually hungry on my way to work but I don't like having my packet then when I know that I will have 5 hours minimum before lunch. I work in surgery, so it's not the kind of thing where I can snack during the morning! I was thinking about getting a canister of protein powder and having one of those on my way to work. Any thoughts?
I use RTD EAS Carb control - just grab it and run - Walmart $4.28 for four. It comes in vanilla, strawberry, a milk choc, and a dark choc. I love the dark choc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I can't swallow either the Mag/cal or the K/cal. I asked a pharmacist; he looked them up in a huge book he has; and said they could be safely broken in two.
When I first started this plan I had a hard time with pills getting stuck in my throat. I can take a hand full of supplements now and swallow them. It must have been either the disc I had replaced in my neck in June or the dredded "F" word.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 11-10-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #103  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for the info about stevia - I stopped using it and am already back into ketosis and am losing poundage again. It feels good to finally know what the culprit was.
Closed Thread