IP Daily Chat - Tues. 9 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Hello I just started the IP weight loss program and need to lose 100lbs. I have been reading all the posts and have been inspired to make this work for me and my family. I appreciate all the posts about the different things you can do mix things up and create new things by flavour profiling. I would like to know if adding crystal light to your water has effected anybody negatively or is it ok to use.
    My coach has said no on Crystal Light because it uses aspartame and the body metabolizes it like sugar. Most of us are focused on products that contain Splenda which are becoming more and more popular.

We all wish you the best!
  • Wal-mart sells these drink packs where crystal light is located

http://www.4c.com/documents/TLicedtea.php

These are sweetened with Splenda.
  • Would someone who knows something about Google docs click on the link below and see what I'm doing wrong? I thought I gave permission to "anyone who has the link" to see and edit.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...vdXAza3c&hl=en
  • Quote: So yesterday at my check in I got two conflicting statements from my clinic and I thought I'd throw it out to this group. I'm into my 7th week and unsure about how often I can have a restricted bar or ridges. When I first asked I thought he said once a day but then when I was leaving the meeting he said no more than 2X in one week. What's the general rule and then have people who have been on IP for a significant time period see they have better weight loss if they do stick to only 2X a day.
    It seems to me that it is really up to the individual. I was allowed restricted items after my fourth week. I was told I could have one everyday and when I said I would prefer not to use them that often I was told that my body needed the extra carbs. I have lots to lose so I just assumed it was because of my weight, however my niece was given the same instructions and she has less than 50 lbs to lose. I don't feel that it has slowed my weight loss as I have lost almost 50 lbs in 9 weeks on the program.
  • Quote: Hello I just started the IP weight loss program and need to lose 100lbs. I have been reading all the posts and have been inspired to make this work for me and my family. I appreciate all the posts about the different things you can do mix things up and create new things by flavour profiling. I would like to know if adding crystal light to your water has effected anybody negatively or is it ok to use.
    My niece, on IP for 6 weeks, drinks at least a quart of it a day and has huge weight losses each week. She has lost 38 lbs and has just 37 more to go. Be sure the crystal lite you choose has 0 calories though as some formulas have more calories.
  • Congratulations!
    Quote: Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say I won't be doing IP for at least the next nine months. Found out Saturday that I'm pregnant! Due date is July 17, 2011. So, I'm gonna pack away my IP stuff and I'll see ya'll next year.
    Hope you hit your due date...That's my Birthday! Have a terrific pregnancy.
  • Quote: Would someone who knows something about Google docs click on the link below and see what I'm doing wrong? I thought I gave permission to "anyone who has the link" to see and edit.
    Amy, I logged out of my gmail account and I can view the spreadsheet.

If you're trying to view the file from your workplace or a workplace computer, they may have google documents sites blocked for security reasons. Your IT department doesn't want you sharing corporate information or exposing corporate information unintentionally on an unsecured site.

About the article Aunt Sheshi posted today -- This is really a Phase 3/4 conversation, however, here we go: If you're concerned about inflammation, avoid grains, especially wheat, and minimize consumption of legumes. Wheat germ agglutinin, a lectin (type of protein), damages the gut and interferes with vitamin D absorption. Lectins in wheat and other grains and in legumes promote H. pylori, the bacteria associated with GERD (acid reflux) and stomach ulcers. And just to make you feel even better , why do you think it's so hard to give up wheat? Because it naturally contains opioids.

When you've phased out and are in maintenance, consider running a little experiment with your body. Avoid wheats and grains for a month (it won't be too bad, you've done it before), get your starchy carbs from root veggies, sweet potatoes and squashes. Then after a month try a few days having the daily recommended servings of whole grains and legumes. You might just be surprised.
  • Hi today is my 2nd day on Ip. so motivated after reading all your posts. actually was addicted to reading all the posts i just kept reading and getting excited. i really have never heard of a diet so many people enjoyed . I just have a question..is there any sites that you can buy the ip products rather than at the centers? I joined at a office thats pretty far to go to every week. also where can i find the walden farms products? thank you all for you continous motivation and knowlege.

ps cant you have flavored water on this diet? no calories but does have asparteen
  • Quote: perfect that you so much for the information. Will check them out at my grocery store. I don't think I have ever really noticed them.
    Shallots tend to be packaged in net bags by the garlic! They look like a cross between an onion and a head of garlic. :-) Brown papery skin.
  • Just a question about Splenda is it the same as sucralose?
    My coach said that Crystal Light was okay, but not to go crazy with it. If I have it, I limit it to 20 oz a day (I take a 20 oz bottle with me to work, plus my 2 32 oz bottles of water...)

Quote: Hi today is my 2nd day on Ip. so motivated after reading all your posts. actually was addicted to reading all the posts i just kept reading and getting excited. i really have never heard of a diet so many people enjoyed . I just have a question..is there any sites that you can buy the ip products rather than at the centers? I joined at a office thats pretty far to go to every week. also where can i find the walden farms products? thank you all for you continous motivation and knowlege.

ps cant you have flavored water on this diet? no calories but does have asparteen
    www.idealtogo.com has the packets online, but I believe that there are certain restrictions on whether or not you can buy from them (like if you have a clinic near by). Also, with them, you have to buy by the box. Some clinics let you buy by the individual packet. WF products can be found on Amazon and also at www.netrition.com. As far as flavored water goes, it sounds like there are mixed opinions on this subject. Some people have been told that aspartame is not allowed, some people (such as myself) have been told that it is permissible. That would be something you should talk to your coach about.
  • Quote: Just a question about Splenda is it the same as sucralose?
    Yes, splenda is sucralose.
  • Question for you more veteran IPers... Does anyone supplement all their IP packets with a protein shake from protein powder? Like something you would buy at GNC? I can't really justify spending more money on packets, but sometimes I could really go for a shake on my way to work (6 am), packet on my morning break (9am), lunch (12), dinner (5pm) and snack (7pm). I'm usually hungry on my way to work but I don't like having my packet then when I know that I will have 5 hours minimum before lunch. I work in surgery, so it's not the kind of thing where I can snack during the morning! I was thinking about getting a canister of protein powder and having one of those on my way to work. Any thoughts?
  • Thanks! Mrs Diettrich so would it be safe to say if the crystal light or drink flavour packet is made with splenda or sucralose and has 0 calories it should be ok to add to my water and won't throw my body out of the fat burning state?
  • Quote: Thanks! Mrs Diettrich so would it be safe to say if the crystal light or drink flavour packet is made with splenda or sucralose and has 0 calories it should be ok to add to my water and won't throw my body out of the fat burning state?
    Yes, as long as it has zero calories, zero carbs and zero fat, it should be fine.