Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 213/196/175

Height: 5'4"

Default New recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Going for my WI today. Hoping it will be a good one.

I also tried the turnip fries and they were less than crispy, but they did taste good. I'm wondering about cooking them under a broiler instead of the oven, or a combination of both. I also tried mashed celeriac. I was pleasantly surprised. The celery taste was not overwhelming. I did not use cream or butter, but did use fresh garlic, salt and pepper.

I did not get a chance to try the WF peanut spread. (I think I am mentally putting it off as my initial taste was less than appetizing) I did make the crepe "crackers" and those were really good. I should have sprayed the foil with a little Pam, as I spent a lot of time peeling the foil from the bottom. The cauliflower "spanish rice" was very good. I made tacos and used lettuce leaves as my tortilla.

Congratualtions Leigh!!!! Very exciting news for you and your family.
Hi SJ! The recipes you mentioned (turnips, crackers and spanish rice) sound good!! Can you share - I have been searching threads and cannot find them. Help.

I also joined in Oct and love to cook to spice up products. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

Great NSV today!! I am actually wearing a size 8!!! Woohooo! I am so excited! I bought these pants about three weeks ago and couldn't even button them - about two inches away. I tried them on several days ago and could button them but they looked too tight. Today - they fit!! IP is amazing! Even though my weight losses have been slow - everyone is right - slow and steady wins the race!!

On a sadder note, I just opened my lunch and realized I forgot my salad dressing. I panicked a bit, but started eating it plain and realized lettuce, celery, green peppers and cucumbers plain aren't that bad! I would have never done this before IP. I would have headed out the door to Fast Food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperGal View Post
I am new to IP ~ gearing up for my first weigh in!

I've enjoyed reading through so many helpful comments.

Does anyone know if the snack must be eaten after dinner? I have been having it with dinner as my dessert. If it needs to be eaten separately, I would prefer to have it in the afternoon. Is that allowed?

Thanks again for such incredible information from so many!
I was told that as long as you get that 3rd packet in, it doesn't matter when. I have always had mine at about 8:00 pm. But, in an effort to change things up a bit and hopefully have a bigger weight loss this week, I changed my snack time to 3:00. So far it seems to be working. I also eliminated restricted bars. Hopefully, tomorrow I will see a 3 - 4 lb. loss which is high for me. Not sure if it has anything to do with moving my snack, but I have eliminated restricteds before with no change.

TennesseeLeigh We are all so happy for you! Remember to eat healthy during your pregnancy - You are eating for two!!!

Good Luck to all the Tuesday Weighers!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #33  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellio View Post
I was looking at the recipes in the recipe threads and a lot of them have onions in them... I thought cooked onions where a no-no... is it only fried onions that are the issue or is it recipies for stage 3 and 4?? I have been avoiding adding them to my soup broths and roasts... is it OK to add them in for flavour??
Replace all cooked onions in your recipes with shallots. A little more pricey at the grocery store, but they add very nice flavor and are a permitted vegetable.

I'm a bit more pickey about what I use shallots in because of the price. I don't put them in things that stretch out like soup. But i use them on my roast, stir fry, and inside my roasted chickens because they are a bigger player in those types of recipes.

Last edited by natchamp; 11-09-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

perfect that you so much for the information. Will check them out at my grocery store. I don't think I have ever really noticed them.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #35  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say I won't be doing IP for at least the next nine months. Found out Saturday that I'm pregnant! Due date is July 17, 2011. So, I'm gonna pack away my IP stuff and I'll see ya'll next year.
Congrats and good luck.

Quote:
Hi everyone! I had one heck of a reality check yesterday! I turned on my Wii which I had not touched for probably 4 months now. Figured I would do 20 minutes of Yoga. Well when I weighed myself I found that I was still 3 KG over what I was the last time I stepped on it... even with the 15 pounds I have lost in the last 3 weeks! Wow! I think I was in denial about how I had just let myself go in the last while... lots of personal crap and a slight situational depression! But holly crap! It is amazed the damage you can do to yourself in 4 months when you stop caring! Happy that I am getting things in percpective and like I said what a reality check. I think I must have spent the last 4 months never looking directly in the mirror.

I am definatly feeling so much better these days then I have in a long time.

I had a Wii experience yesterday but a good one. MY hubby bought me Wii fit for x-mas last year and I used it for 5-6 weeks and then haven't touched it until yesterday...stepped on it and it said I was done 35.8 pounds since I used it 200 and something days ago....WHOOOOOOHOOOO But I have a lot more weight to lose than you. So good kick butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Tennesseeleigh- Fantastic news! Congrats!

[B]
Happy IP day everyone! I dyed my hair dark brown (always been a blondie) last night...in honor of the new me that I have found!!!!
Took me a minute to remember you...but teacher...sitting a desk with blonde hair, right? I am a teacher too. Love the hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Hello friends!!!!!!!

I haven't been on in awhile! Just soooo busy at work! sigh... Hope everyone is doing well!

Leigh - a huge congrats to you! Wow! so exciting!

Everyone else! Take care!

Candace
Candace nice steady weight loss. Do you exercise? Do you eat restricted ever? Do you eat 3 or 4 packets a day? Thanks for the info...trying to maximize my loss.

Quote:

Does anyone know if the snack must be eaten after dinner? I have been having it with dinner as my dessert. If it needs to be eaten separately, I would prefer to have it in the afternoon. Is that allowed?

I think you need to spread the protein out to keep fat burning...not positive though.

Last edited by darbs7; 11-09-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #36  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
perfect that you so much for the information. Will check them out at my grocery store. I don't think I have ever really noticed them.
Usually located by the garlic.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Back after 5 days in the city visiting a great friend and my son's family!!

Quote:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say I won't be doing IP for at least the next nine months. Found out Saturday that I'm pregnant! Due date is July 17, 2011. So, I'm gonna pack away my IP stuff and I'll see ya'll next year.
WOW!! Congratulations on your new addition!! Take care of yourself and the little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacePainterMD View Post
Morning!

I started on Friday, November 12.

This morning I am down 10 lbs! I don't care if it is all water weight - I'm happy and ridiculously motivated!

It took me almost 2 months to loose that much on my own "low cal" diet 2 years ago.

I'm gearing up for a trip to Philly for a Face Painting convention on Thursday - Sunday of this week. My biggest goal is to head out immediately and find the fresh veggies in the area and take them back to the room. I need to have a water bottle with me at all time too.

Thanks everyone for all of the support!

~Michelle
Congrats on the great start!!! You will do great this coming weekend, don't worry!!!

JudoGirl-

Happy IP day everyone! I dyed my hair dark brown (always been a blondie) last night...in honor of the new me that I have found!!!![/QUOTE]

You look wonderful with your new look!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
NSV after yesterday's 3rd weigh in...I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks, and no one has noticed that I haven't told, until yesterday. My neighbor said, "have you been loosing weight? You look really good." In my face, stomach and all over she said. I hugged her with tears in my eyes because I'm so happy to have found IP and made the choice after debating about it for a year, to actually do it. I'm still really new, but Welcome to PepperGal. I eat my rasberry jello at night now instead of going to Dairy Queen Makes a great night treat.
Congrats....you are doing so great!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #38  

Congrats all! Especially Tennessee and Linden. Also, thanks for helping me resolve those questions yesterday I'm Svelting.

Have a new question today. I thought I'd read somewhere that we can cut up the vitamins but can't find the post. Is this correct? I'm finding that I'm gagging on them more and more.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #39  

S/C/G: Oct 2010 282/222/180

Quote:
Hey guys,

Congratulations to you and your family!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #40  

S/C/G: Oct 2010 282/222/180

I just had my 3rd WI last night and lost 5 pounds. Getting there!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #41  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I have been working on a spreadsheet that has alternate and IP products listed, showing the calories, fat, carbs and protein for each item. I'd love to be able to share and collaborate on it. Here's the link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CLK24I0M

I changed the link to one that EatAnts did, because it is WAY better and more detailed than mine. If anyone has any more alternative products that aren't listed, please add them to the spreadsheet! You can bookmark the spreadsheet so that you can go back to it at any time.

Last edited by amylew; 11-09-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 199.2/196.8/168

Height: 5'11"

I'm new to this site, and I've seen IP a couple times. Even though I've tried, or at least read about every diet known to mankind, I cannot figure out what IP stands for in terms of weight loss.
TIA for any info!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I have been working on a spreadsheet that has alternate and IP products listed, showing the calories, fat, carbs and protein for each item. I'd love to be able to share and collaborate on it. Here's the link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CPz_sY4L#gid=0
Amylew thank you for all of your hard work putting that in a spreadsheet!
Old 11-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #44  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CPz_sY4L#gid=0
If you PM me your email address, I can forward you an Excel spreadsheet with all Lindora products and most of the New Lifestyles and Nashua Nutrition products.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 214/172.5/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Hey guys,

Congrats!!!
Closed Thread