3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Phase 1: Dr. Tien vs. My clinic

Old 11-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #1

Default Phase 1: Dr. Tien vs. My clinic

Hello all,

Sorry for another question. I swear I did a search and could not find anything.

Anywho, I have the handout that my clinic here in VA says to follow. But then, I started reading Dr. Tien's site and it seems there are some Phase 1 discrepancies. Namely:
My clinic says 1-2 TEASPOONS of olive oil/ per day
Dr. Ties says: 2 TABLESPOONS of olive oil - and thats just at lunch!

Quote:
b) Noon:
- Raw or cooked green vegetables (about 7 oz.). Note: Vegetables to avoid: carrots, artichoke hearts, green peas, beets, winter squash and, yes, even cherry tomatoes. You may have one or two regular tomatoes per day, because they are not that sweet.
- 1 packet or 1 measure of protein.
- 2 tablespoons oil for flavor or cooking, and lemon juice or a drizzle of wine vinegar. Do not use balsamic
That's a BIG difference.

Any thoughts? comments? I want to be complient w/ my coach, but then I think, well doesn't the man who invented the diet know best?? BUT then I also thought that if English isn't his first language, perhaps there is a translation issue??

Thanks for any insight!
PennStateFan2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennStateFan2801 View Post
Hello all,

Sorry for another question. I swear I did a search and could not find anything.

Anywho, I have the handout that my clinic here in VA says to follow. But then, I started reading Dr. Tien's site and it seems there are some Phase 1 discrepancies. Namely:
My clinic says 1-2 TEASPOONS of olive oil/ per day
Dr. Ties says: 2 TABLESPOONS of olive oil - and thats just at lunch!

That's a BIG difference.

Any thoughts? comments? I want to be complient w/ my coach, but then I think, well doesn't the man who invented the diet know best?? BUT then I also thought that if English isn't his first language, perhaps there is a translation issue??

Thanks for any insight!
Interesting. You're right. But you know I would worry about it. It may add a couple calorie, but I have a feeling that there are not nearly as many constipation issues when one follows his website protocol. Olive oil can really keep one moving. IP = the big C.

I never measure my oil, but I don't dump it on everything. I never use it on salad. I just use amount needed to keep my meat and veggies from sticking to the pan.

I had a plateau that lasted a month. This week I have lost a pound a day for the last 4 days. I don't think it's the oil that is causing my problems.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.