Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
MADE MY ORIGINAL GOAL.....at my weigh in today I was totally surprised to see that I now weigh 159-1/2 lbs.....a total weigh loss of 62-1/4 lbs.

Am I thrilled? YES Am I finished? NO .......I plan to set a new goal somewhere in the 140's and stay with IP thru November and December, thereby insuring that this will be the first year I haven't gained about 25 lbs making and eating Christmas cookies from Nov to Mar!!!! lol

Isn't IP the VERY best?

Marilyn
Wonderful!!! Can't wait for the 150s myself!! Great job!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/202/160

Height: 5'6.5"

How long did most of you wait until you had the "only allowed once per day" items. I have not had any of them and I am on week 5. I am desperate for some variety. I am afraid that eating the higher carb once a day things will slow my weight loss. Will it???
Old 11-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #48  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
My IP sheet lists tomato, green beans and eggplant as "occassional" veggies.

Lesley-Check your sheet under "Dinner Protien-Poultry" You can have 2 whole eggs but they count as your meat serving for the day.
I have a found a lot of discrepencies between people IP sheets. Though, mine say the same as yours. In the end I go to the founder of the diet for some of those biggie questions.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #49  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
Wonderful!!! Can't wait for the 150s myself!! Great job!
Thanks....you'll be AMAZED at how quickly you get there...even thru those times when you have doubts....just keep on keeping on...the plan works when you work the plan. Just love this way of eating!!!!!

Marilyn
Old 11-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #50  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan3 View Post
How long did most of you wait until you had the "only allowed once per day" items. I have not had any of them and I am on week 5. I am desperate for some variety. I am afraid that eating the higher carb once a day things will slow my weight loss. Will it???
I was allowed restricted packets at week 5 and I have had one everyday since. It has not slowed my weight loss at all, but every person reacts differently. I suggest you give it a try for a few days and keep an eye on the scale. If you are still losing then you should be fine!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #51  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

so many great attitudes on here today! Thanks to all of you for sharing your victories and struggles. it really is a treat in my day to come home after work and sit and read how you all are doing.

I hit a milestone this morning = 20 pounds exactly. Feeling great, even happy, especially when a co-worker asks me about IP and I can forward her the pdfs and give her the link to this positive place to learn. That is a testament to all of you.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #52  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
I hit a milestone this morning = 20 pounds exactly. Feeling great, even happy, especially when a co-worker asks me about IP and I can forward her the pdfs and give her the link to this positive place to learn. That is a testament to all of you.
Way to go!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeQueLoca View Post
Happy Friday everyone!!! Has anyone ever heard of a pregnant person doing IP? My coach had made mention to having a pregnant patient that is on the diet to stay away from gestational diabetes but I was wondering if anybody knew if any pregnant woman can do it, and if would there be any changes in their particular diet? I should be getting a blood test next week to find out if my daughter is going to be a big sister!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
There is another thread that should be on the front page that is headed "Pregnancy and IP" that you should check out. My coach told me (and what I have read on here) is that you are not allowed to stay on IP while pregnant - there is no way you are consuming enough nutrients for that baby to grow! This is the first time in a year and a half that I am hoping to NOT get pregnant. I want to get the weight off first!
Your coach's other dieter is on a modified program and is on it ONLY with written approval of her OB/GYN. If it turns out that you are pregnant, you will likely only be allowed to remain on the program, buying official IP product from an authorized clinic, if and only if your doctor says it's alright and writes a letter stating that they are aware and approve of it. As I understand it, allowing pregnant women to continue on Ideal Protein without medical approval is terms for termination of clinic/coach/distributor agreement.

Here's the link to the thread that Mrs Diettrich mentioned.

Remember Dr. Tran's book is called "The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You." There's nothing in that title that says anything about healthy nourishment for pregnant women and their growing babies. It's about a slimmer you. That's it, period, end stop.

Your baby deserves complete and supportive nourishment. In Phase 1 you're eating 700-900 calories per day, very few carbs (not that much of a problem), and very low fat. I averaged 26 g of fat while doing Phase 1 -- probably 5-10 g more fat than "prescribed" by the Phase 1 protocol. Typically I had at least one other packet, at least another teaspoon of oil and an egg everyday. Healthy fats are very important for the baby's brain development throughout pregnancy. Please do not risk this without a full and truthful discussion about what the diet involves -- bordering on extreme calories and fat reduction -- with a doctor you trust with your baby's life and well-being. You know someone who has the guts to tell you something you may not want to hear.

As you can tell, I'm a hardliner on the combination of pregnancy/trying to conceive and IP. My advice: If you don't want to be pregnant and you haven't passed through menopause completely, use barrier methods of birth control. If you're trying to conceive, don't start Ideal Protein. If you think you're pregnant, move to phase 3.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 11-05-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #54  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
so many great attitudes on here today! Thanks to all of you for sharing your victories and struggles. it really is a treat in my day to come home after work and sit and read how you all are doing.

Congrats to you and the other IPers with their success!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #55  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockyemom View Post
Hi,
I am wondering about a salad dressing that I found in the grocery store.

It has less calorise and fat than olive oil (which is part of our plan) and 0 carbs and sugar.

So, I'm wondering - since we are allowed olive oil, can we also have dressings like these?

Any opinions/advice?

Thanks.
It depends on what brand it is and what the ingredients are. If it's Walden Farms and the label says all values are zero - then you can have it. The rule of thumb in my weight loss center is: anything not on the IP list has to have 0 carbs 0 sugar 0 fat and very very low or 0 sodium. Even though WF has several flavors of dressing, I prefer a blend of 1/2 cup EVOO 1/2 cup Bragg apple cider vinegar, 2 packets of no carb blend stevia and 1/4 tsp sea salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan3 View Post
I was allowed to have them right from day one. I've lost a minimum of 2.5 lbs every week. I think whether or not it will slow things down depends on how carb sensitive you are. I've discovered that i am Very sensitive. For variety have you tried adding extracts to your puddings and hot chocolate. Making your puddings with coffee or pumpkin pie spice to give a different taste. My favorite hot chocolate is to add some of the WF strawberry syrup to it. My favorite pudding is to add coconut extract to the chocolate pudding - its like a little almond joy. You can also make shakes and smoothies with the drinks by putting them in a blender with ice and WF syrups. I also like using different herbs in my meat and vegetables.

This week I'm trying NO restricteds and NO restricted occasional vegetables to see if weight loss comes off any faster. I was also told that i was eating red meat too often and I should have it no more than 2x a week (I was having it 5X) So I'll be experimenting with that too. I will report back in with my findings.

Last edited by Figgypudding; 11-05-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #56  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

A bit disappointed today ....

My coach ordered in those new Southwest Cheese Curls I have been hearing so much about and they were supposed to arrive today. Well, half of her order arrived and the other half didn't. Well, they weren't in the order today. Hoping they come on Monday. Missing my cheese and I can't wait to taste these yummy treats!!!!!

Hope everyone has a grand weekend!!!!!

L
Old 11-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #57  
THE ONE AND ONLY!

S/C/G: 203/203/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Your coach's other dieter is on a modified program and is on it ONLY with written approval of her OB/GYN. If it turns out that you are pregnant, you will likely only be allowed to remain on the program, buying official IP product from an authorized clinic, if and only if your doctor says it's alright and writes a letter stating that they are aware and approve of it. As I understand it, allowing pregnant women to continue on Ideal Protein without medical approval is terms for termination of clinic/coach/distributor agreement.

Here's the link to the thread that Mrs Diettrich mentioned.

Remember Dr. Tran's book is called "The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You." There's nothing in that title that says anything about healthy nourishment for pregnant women and their growing babies. It's about a slimmer you. That's it, period, end stop.

Your baby deserves complete and supportive nourishment. In Phase 1 you're eating 700-900 calories per day, very few carbs (not that much of a problem), and very low fat. I averaged 26 g of fat while doing Phase 1 -- probably 5-10 g more fat than "prescribed" by the Phase 1 protocol. Typically I had at least one other packet, at least another teaspoon of oil and an egg everyday. Healthy fats are very important for the baby's brain development throughout pregnancy. Please do not risk this without a full and truthful discussion about what the diet involves -- bordering on extreme calories and fat reduction -- with a doctor you trust with your baby's life and well-being. You know someone who has the guts to tell you something you may not want to hear.

As you can tell, I'm a hardliner on the combination of pregnancy/trying to conceive and IP. My advice: If you don't want to be pregnant and you haven't passed through menopause completely, use barrier methods of birth control. If you're trying to conceive, don't start Ideal Protein. If you think you're pregnant, move to phase 3.
I have yet to start IP because I am waiting to find out if I am in fact pregnant or not. If it is not safe to do both than of course I will not push it.

Thanks for the information you all! If I am in fact pregnant, I can wait til after to start IP. My babies health is of course my #1 priority. Monday I will know for sure and I can honestly say that I will be happy regardless of the outcome!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #58  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Had some great NSV's today that I just have to share with all of you! I talked to my daughter the other night on the phone and told her my current measurements. Then she asked me the size jeans I am wearing. I said size 14. She told me that she thought I could be wearing a size 10 if I went and tried some on. Today I went shopping and grabbed a size 12 and just in case I'd luck out, a size 10 to try on. Low and behold, the 10's fit! I was shocked! I couldn't believe it! It has been over 27 years since I have worn a size 10! I texted messaged her right away from inside the dressing room. She was so happy for me! She said buy them! You need something that fits!

Walking around the store I started thinking about being able to wear a size 10 and got tears in my eyes. Before I left the store I bought a new bra, size 36B, and pair of undies size 6 just to pat myself on the back. Of course, I bought the size 10 pants too!

After that store I went to another store and ran into a lady that worked at my Dr's office. She looked at me and told me she had to look twice because she didn't recognize me. Then I ran into my sister.....she said she didn't recognize me with the skinny face at first. WHAT A DAY! Does it get any better than that?

Every cheeto I have given up, all the beers, all the pizza and pasta....has made this so worth it!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #59  
Started IP 11/5/10

S/C/G: 180/160/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

Every cheeto I have given up, all the beers, all the pizza and pasta....has made this so worth it!
Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your success

~Michelle
Old 11-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #60  

Every cheeto I have given up, all the beers, all the pizza and pasta....has made this so worth it![/QUOTE]

Thanks iowahawkeyemom!! I am getting down on myself today because I looked at the dredded scale, (I new I shouldn't have done that, but I wanted to see if there was a change) This is the 3rd week and I don't have as good of results as the first 2, I'm only down a pound!! Maybe it's because I had restricted three times this week? (Not on the same day) And then I got to thinking.....why am I doing this? Why can't I have all the good crap? Why am I depriving myself of the things I love? Then I come on here and read your post (and remembering a lot of other encouraging posts) and I just have to remember, it doesn't taste very good anyways, its just the memory that's associated with the food. (Thanks Salesgod!) So, I'm off to the movies and I'll have some choco puffs so I won't be tempted to have popcorn or candy.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for the vent.
Closed Thread