Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #61  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

AmyonIp...I haven't gone to a movie since I started IP. Too afraid that I wouldn't be able to resist the popcorn.....Welcome to this site if I haven't said so yet.

Welcome FacepainterMD also. You will love all the encouragement you get here. I know I couldn't be doing this if it wasn't for everyone's help out there.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #62  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

I am into week 4 and I have used restrictive foods from the start. My coach says one a day is fine. I don't use them everyday but they do give some variety for the snack.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #63  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellio View Post
Well I'm so excited about this change (weight loss, additional energy) and I am making a conciencious effort to be more healthy in my everyday life... I was doing this Scrapbook page last week about my mom and in my journalling I wrote about her going back to school and how proud I was that she always lead by example and I realized that my daughter is following my lead so why not make my life the best I can so that she might feel the same way about me. So anyways my daughter is 9 and is on the chubby side. For the last few weeks I've been making huge batches of rice so she could have it with her meat at supper. Well this week she said well I'll just have some veggies too. Yesterday she asked me to go for a walk after supper which I thought was a great idea and so we decided that we could do this every night after supper. She was asking me questions about why I am on a diet when to her I seem fine and I told her about wanting to be healthier so that I would be around for as long as possible and about not being so tired all the time and being able to play more with her and she said well I want those things too. So I am going to focus more on making healthy choices for myself and helping her make healthy choices for herself so hopefully she will learn these behaviors instead of the negative ones that I have been living! It's just a new perspective for me and I am so happy to have made the connection. It gives me hope that I will acheive and be able to maintain this lifestyle.
Precious!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Hello Everyone!!

So happy its Friday, but also a little scared - this will be my first weekend on IP. Wish my luck! It will be hard because we always take my dad out for Sunday Brunch - and its "small town" sunday brunch, which means usually no veggies, just grease and carbs! Are eggs ok to eat?? my sheet really doesnt say. I guess I will have to eat before I go, and drink lots of water while i'm there! Afterall - I'm there for the visiting, not the grease!

I am on day 3 now, and the first day I had some problems with the food....the Cappaccino was GREAT!!! (Thinking: I can do this!!!) Then I tried the cream of chicken soup.....ugh!!!! Could not even choke it down!!! (Thinking: Uh OH!!! Maybe not!!) Followed by the butterscotch pudding. (blech!) I also had a really bad headache, and felt a little weasy...so that made it hard to want to try anything else! But, I chugged a few bottles of water and powered through a Chocolate Drink (YUM!) YES! I CAN DO THIS!!!

Wow - talk about long winded....

Ever get that feeling that you just have to shout something from the rooftops?? I am so excited to be on my way to a healthier me!!!
I never liked the chicken soup, no matter how I tried to eat it. My omelet has always turned out like scrambled eggs. I cooked it for breakfast and had to chock it down every time. One day I fixed it at lunch and ate it with a vegetable stir fry. Not bad at all. There are many Ip foods I love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Had some great NSV's today that I just have to share with all of you! I talked to my daughter the other night on the phone and told her my current measurements. Then she asked me the size jeans I am wearing. I said size 14. She told me that she thought I could be wearing a size 10 if I went and tried some on. Today I went shopping and grabbed a size 12 and just in case I'd luck out, a size 10 to try on. Low and behold, the 10's fit! I was shocked! I couldn't believe it! It has been over 27 years since I have worn a size 10! I texted messaged her right away from inside the dressing room. She was so happy for me! She said buy them! You need something that fits!

Walking around the store I started thinking about being able to wear a size 10 and got tears in my eyes. Before I left the store I bought a new bra, size 36B, and pair of undies size 6 just to pat myself on the back. Of course, I bought the size 10 pants too!

After that store I went to another store and ran into a lady that worked at my Dr's office. She looked at me and told me she had to look twice because she didn't recognize me. Then I ran into my sister.....she said she didn't recognize me with the skinny face at first. WHAT A DAY! Does it get any better than that?

Every cheeto I have given up, all the beers, all the pizza and pasta....has made this so worth it!
Definitely worth it!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Every cheeto I have given up, all the beers, all the pizza and pasta....has made this so worth it!

Thanks iowahawkeyemom!! I am getting down on myself today because I looked at the dredded scale, (I new I shouldn't have done that, but I wanted to see if there was a change) This is the 3rd week and I don't have as good of results as the first 2, I'm only down a pound!! Maybe it's because I had restricted three times this week? (Not on the same day) And then I got to thinking.....why am I doing this? Why can't I have all the good crap? Why am I depriving myself of the things I love? Then I come on here and read your post (and remembering a lot of other encouraging posts) and I just have to remember, it doesn't taste very good anyways, its just the memory that's associated with the food. (Thanks Salesgod!) So, I'm off to the movies and I'll have some choco puffs so I won't be tempted to have popcorn or candy.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for the vent.[/QUOTE]

I may be one of many who have not felt deprived of any food. I have felt proud that I have a way to acquire what I want and can do it. You can do it too. My loss is slow compared to a lot of people, but I am getting there. Judy
Old 11-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 176/156/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
It depends on what brand it is and what the ingredients are. If it's Walden Farms and the label says all values are zero - then you can have it. The rule of thumb in my weight loss center is: anything not on the IP list has to have 0 carbs 0 sugar 0 fat and very very low or 0 sodium. Even though WF has several flavors of dressing, I prefer a blend of 1/2 cup EVOO 1/2 cup Bragg apple cider vinegar, 2 packets of no carb blend stevia and 1/4 tsp sea salt.
Thanks so much for the explanation Figgypudding - it really helps in this 'journey' to have advice available whenever we need it.

Thanks again!!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #65  

Happy weekend is here!! I had a huge NSV this week!!!

Fit into a pair of "dream jeans" I had ordered online a year ago, never fit at all - they were at least 2 inches from button to buttonhold - waistband didn't even meet and could hardly get them past my hips!!

Well.....guess who wore those dream jeans today??? YAHOO!!!!!!! Had my hubby checking me out all day!!! LOVE IT!!!

I'm on cloud nine!

(4th week just started, lost 37 inches so far and 23 pounds)
Old 11-06-2010, 03:31 AM   #66  

Checking in from the movie....... I first have to say that a friend told me she noticed I've lost weight, yay! And the other, I sat surrounded by buttered popcorn and it smelt so good, but I was remembering when I used to eat it, it tasted kindof "waxy" and it left a film on the top of my mouth. Tonight when I remembered that, I was so happy to be eating my IP Chocolate puffs, and drinking my water. I feel so much better after tonight. Thanks for the encouragement PETITEANDCUTE!! Have a great night all.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Fit into a pair of "dream jeans" I had ordered online a year ago, never fit at all - they were at least 2 inches from button to buttonhold - waistband didn't even meet and could hardly get them past my hips!!

Well.....guess who wore those dream jeans today??? YAHOO!!!!!!! Had my hubby checking me out all day!!! LOVE IT!!!

I'm on cloud nine!

Congrats!! Best feeling in the world when u can button jeans u couldn't before!!! I know the feeling all too well!!! There is nothing like a pair of jeans to make u feel sexy!!! LOL
Old 11-06-2010, 07:56 AM   #68  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

THIS!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #69  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
I am into week 4 and I have used restrictive foods from the start. My coach says one a day is fine. I don't use them everyday but they do give some variety for the snack.
I was able to use the restricted foods from the first day, too. It did not take me long to figure out that the restricted foods were some of the same foods that I was addicted to. The bars, especially the chocolate carmel nut, and choc puffs were like candy to me and one package was not enough. I only used the restricted items for about 6 weeks because I was just feeding my addiction to sweets. I had the same response as when I ate sugar. So --- psychologically I could not handle it. They work for most of the people on the boards, but they didn't for me. I prefer not to have a lot of choices, it keeps it simple for me. I have made poor choices in the food part of my life for way too many years, and I choose to live healthier and happier. Try it like your coach suggests and see how it works with you and your body. Everyone is so different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Checking in from the movie....... I first have to say that a friend told me she noticed I've lost weight, yay! And the other, I sat surrounded by buttered popcorn and it smelt so good, but I was remembering when I used to eat it, it tasted kindof "waxy" and it left a film on the top of my mouth. Tonight when I remembered that, I was so happy to be eating my IP Chocolate puffs, and drinking my water. I feel so much better after tonight. Thanks for the encouragement PETITEANDCUTE!! Have a great night all.
I have incorporated my food plan into about every aspect of my life including conferences, birthday parties, cookouts, vacations, and business lunches. I have not gone to a movie, however, and I am impressed that you went and used a great memory recall to help with the smell of the popcorn. Great job!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #70  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

The new daily thread is now open.

This thread will be left open until later today. This will allow you to multi-quote posts from this thread and reply in the new thread.

Please be sure to place all new posts in the new daily thread, not in this thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #71  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

I'm on cloud nine!

I'm proud for you and for your hubby. Let's face it ladies most men like their woman to look good. Way to go!!
Closed Thread