3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Hello again everyone

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
jlewis88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 115

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Default Hello again everyone

Well I haven't been on here for awhile. I did however want to stop in and say hello. I've lost 70 lbs since I started at the beginning of June and am fairly happy. In the last month I haven't lost more than a pound. I hit a plateau and hit it hard. Have had no luck breaking it and cannot justify the money I'm spending any longer. I am not giving up completely, but I am going to start using alternative products next week. I ran the cost comparision and it just makes sense. I expected my weight loss to slow down but not completely stop, so I'm going to go the cheaper route and keep chipping away at the next 50 lbs I want to lose.

That being said what is everyones favorite alternative product that they have had good success with?

I hope everyone is still doing wonderful and thanks in advance for your suggestions.
__________________
Current with revised goal of 200




Where I was went I quit last time.

jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
maintenance since 2/16/11
 
darbs7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,532

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
Well I haven't been on here for awhile. I did however want to stop in and say hello. I've lost 70 lbs since I started at the beginning of June and am fairly happy. In the last month I haven't lost more than a pound. I hit a plateau and hit it hard. Have had no luck breaking it and cannot justify the money I'm spending any longer. I am not giving up completely, but I am going to start using alternative products next week. I ran the cost comparision and it just makes sense. I expected my weight loss to slow down but not completely stop, so I'm going to go the cheaper route and keep chipping away at the next 50 lbs I want to lose.

That being said what is everyones favorite alternative product that they have had good success with?

I hope everyone is still doing wonderful and thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Congrats on your loss...awesome

Do you have any ideas why you hit a plateau? Did you trying going bootcamp for a few weeks and see if that shakes it up. I tried to incorporate restricted foods....and the brakes went on (only 2 per week)....bummer back to the non-restricted.
__________________

: each 5 gone!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ze-18-8-a.html
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]
Cheers...to a lifetime of health...and to a time when I can have a real toast...but in moderation!
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Reboot 11/22/14 @ 222.2lb
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 999

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

I have ordered a lot of products from Nashua Nutrtion. http://www.nashuanutrition.com
I have ordered from HealthSmart, Protein Wealth, ProtiDiet and Proti-Thin. I have been using these products for about two months now, and it hasn't affected my weight loss. My mom also started following IP protocol using strictly products from the site as well as premier nutrition shakes from costco and she has lost over 30 lbs since Sept. 6 when she started. With US exchange rate, shipping, and paying duty, it still works out to about $1.75 a packet for me (we bought the $20 card to save 10% for a year). But shipping in the US is free on orders over $99, so it will work out even cheaper for you with that and not having to pay duty or an exchange rate. Good luck and congrats on the awesome progress so far!!

PS. A lot of the products are higher carb, so just be careful and make sure you check out all the nutritional value first.
__________________

wk1:-6.2 wk2:-1.6

Last edited by shrinkingsusie : 11-04-2010 at 01:34 PM.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
jlewis88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 115

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Congrats on your loss...awesome

Do you have any ideas why you hit a plateau? Did you trying going bootcamp for a few weeks and see if that shakes it up. I tried to incorporate restricted foods....and the brakes went on (only 2 per week)....bummer back to the non-restricted.
I consistantly lost 4-5 pounds a week with or without restricted items. When it stopped I cut out the restricted items. I had only used them maybe three times a week the whole time anyway. That made no difference, so my coach suggested I should try a restricted everyday, perhaps I was not getting enough at my new lower weight. That did no good, I stopped going to the gym to make sure I wasn't starving myself, again no good. Suggested that in addition to my shakes 2 times a week I have a couple cups of popcorn, again no luck.

I honestly think that as with most things people build a tolerance to it. The protein formula that IP uses for their products is one way. So perhaps my body has grown tolerant of it, so other than the cost savings I think trying an alternative product might be the change I need or rather my body needs to continue my weight loss. It cant hurt anything especially my wallet.
__________________
Current with revised goal of 200




Where I was went I quit last time.

jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
Start date: August 19/10
 
Mamadancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 296

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

I am wondering why you plateaued. I have not heard of someone plateauing long-term before. Did something change? Have you changed what you're eating? Excercise? Water consumption? Stress?

Congrats on the success you have had and I hope you figure a way to continue.
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
100ButterflyKisses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 100

Default

It really is a bummer that you've plateaued. At least you had great success prior to that! I think I read in one of the recent daily posts that they actually added a packet each day and that stopped their plateauing and got them back to losing weight. Unfortunately, I don't remember which day and haven't been able to find it.

However, if you are looking into alt products there's a sticky thread titled "IP- food alternative ideas and tips". Sorry, new to this forum and have no idea how to link it. It's a lot to read but it might give you some ideas. Good luck!
100ButterflyKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,592

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
I have not heard of someone plateauing long-term before.
Of course how you define "long-term" may affect your perspective, but I assure you many, many people who have been on the IP plan for more than a month or two have plateaued, at least once.
__________________
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
Start date: August 19/10
 
Mamadancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 296

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Of course how you define "long-term" may affect your perspective, but I assure you many, many people who have been on the IP plan for more than a month or two have plateaued, at least once.
I define "long-term" as more than 2 weeks without progress.
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
dreile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I have ordered a lot of products from Nashua Nutrtion. http://www.nashuanutrition.com
I have ordered from HealthSmart, Protein Wealth, ProtiDiet and Proti-Thin. I have been using these products for about two months now, and it hasn't affected my weight loss. My mom also started following IP protocol using strictly products from the site as well as premier nutrition shakes from costco and she has lost over 30 lbs since Sept. 6 when she started. With US exchange rate, shipping, and paying duty, it still works out to about $1.75 a packet for me (we bought the $20 card to save 10% for a year). But shipping in the US is free on orders over $99, so it will work out even cheaper for you with that and not having to pay duty or an exchange rate. Good luck and congrats on the awesome progress so far!!

PS. A lot of the products are higher carb, so just be careful and make sure you check out all the nutritional value first.
Susie,
How do you like the premier shakes from Costco? Does it matter or affect you that they have 30 grams of protein which is alot more than the IP products? Or do you only drink a half of one? Also what are your reccommendations on the other products you named above?
Thanks for the advice.
__________________


dreile
dreile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #10
Member
 
lobolexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 43

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5'0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I have ordered a lot of products from Nashua Nutrtion. http://www.nashuanutrition.com
I have ordered from HealthSmart, Protein Wealth, ProtiDiet and Proti-Thin. I have been using these products for about two months now, and it hasn't affected my weight loss. My mom also started following IP protocol using strictly products from the site as well as premier nutrition shakes from costco and she has lost over 30 lbs since Sept. 6 when she started. With US exchange rate, shipping, and paying duty, it still works out to about $1.75 a packet for me (we bought the $20 card to save 10% for a year). But shipping in the US is free on orders over $99, so it will work out even cheaper for you with that and not having to pay duty or an exchange rate. Good luck and congrats on the awesome progress so far!!

PS. A lot of the products are higher carb, so just be careful and make sure you check out all the nutritional value first.




I am still in Phase 1 of IP. But wondering if the items from Protidiet are comparable?? It is much cheaper. I was thinking of subing a few of their items in. Thanks for any info!!
lobolexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #11
Start date: August 19/10
 
Mamadancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 296

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

jlewiss88-Another suggestion: my coach told me to try to not get in a rut. She suggested that I frequently mix up my eating plan. e.g. eat my protien & IP for breakfast, IP for lunch, Veggie snack, IP & veg for supper or whatever combination works for you but still covers your requirements.
Her point was to not let your body become accustomed to a single eating pattern.
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #12
Started IP 6/23/10
 
natchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 130

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Default

Lindora products. Most are identical to IP. May actually be made by the same manufacturer and then packaged differently as shipped to IP and Lindora. Avaialble also through Rite Aid. I recommend checking out their websites.
__________________
natchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
here I am again :(
 
biggirl86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: massachussetts
Posts: 137

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Default

something that works well for me is called eas advantege carb control shakes. you can find them at walmart, or BJ's. I bought the big box which brings 25 in it and cost $27. I am still loosing well and feel satisfy. Each pouch has 11 fl oz, 110 calories, 3g fat, 0 sugars, 4g carbs, and 17g of high quality protein.
__________________


One for every 5 lbs gone...


Cheers for a new begining!
Dont leave for tomorrow what you can do today!
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #14
Restarted IP 07/07/14
 
amylew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 279

S/C/G: 178/160/123

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
Suggested that in addition to my shakes 2 times a week I have a couple cups of popcorn, again no luck.
Popcorn? I'm thinking that may be the problem.
__________________

______________________________________

amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #15
Started IP 9/1/10
 
wyoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE
Posts: 238

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Default

I love Lindora, mint hot choc, chix noodle soup, mocha....mmmmm.....double check the nutrition facts though! Also, nashua is the only place I have found choc. covered soy puffs....but watch out!!!! You have to read all product labels.....they are not all created equal! Print off an IP nutrition sheet and check it often!
__________________
Began IP journey: 9/1/10 Onederland Goal MET: 12/2/10 (-40 lbs) Christmas Goal MET: 12/26/10 (-15 lbs)
-50 lb Goal MET: 1/13/11
-60 lb Goal MET: 2/23/11 Began maintenance: 5/1/11

Married 8/6/11 to my best friend! And now.....



Progress Photos....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...to-plunge.html
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello again...another one from South yorkshire tupperware queen UK Fat Chicks 14 08-16-2007 01:11 PM
Hello again Madcow Introductions 55 02-27-2004 01:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2