Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi, all. Tonight is my first weigh-in since getting back from vacaton. I didn't do IP while I was gone, but I was pretty careful about what I was eating. I showed a slight loss on my scale this morning (from 2 weeks ago), so cross your fingers that my fully-clothed weigh-in tonight isn't too scary. The last 2 days of my vacation was spent in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Never been there before - we had rooms on the 37th floor of the Hilton, so we could see the Falls clearly. Just beautiful! And the weather was great, too!

So, as of last Thursday, I'm back on strict IP. I joined the newest challenge. If I have time to get back here later, I'll update my Hallowe'en challenge final weight.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #32  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellio View Post
Thanks for the information aslang and journeysend. I felt a little silly asking but I'll be able to follow the conversation a little better now.
No questions are silly questions! There is a lot of new people on here, (me included).
I find these threads are overwhelming to navigate as it is but when you are not familiar with abbreviations and such it is hard to follow conversations.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
Hello everyone! I have lots of catching up to do as I have been away for several weeks. The last 2 weeks was our Mediterranean Cruise (ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS). Tonight is official weigh in night with the last time being 3 weeks ago!! My scale at home indicated a gain of 6 pounds the day after we returned, but as of today it is down 4. WOW, would I be excited to see just a 2-3 pound gain. Unfortunately, the evil office scale always seems to be off from mine at home.

Okay, going back to read read read all that has been happening around here. Have a great day everyone!

Danielle
Two weeks on the Mediterranean? Wow, that sounds amazing! I've never cruised there (I keep going back to the Caribbean)! What ship were you on? Did you follow IP or just try to eat sensibly? Even a 6 pound gain for 2 weeks would be OK! I always gain that much on a one week cruise! Sounds like you did great! Any tips you have would be appreciated! I leave in about 90 days for a cruise on the Allure of the Seas. I had planned on being in maintenance by then, but things aren't moving as quickly as I'd like.

Candace

JourneySend Thanks for doing the challenges! Those stats are amazing! 865 pounds gone!!!!! I choked on my lettuce when I read that! Wow!

Linden and Aslang Could you send some of that sunshine and warm weather this way! I'm tired of being cold!!

tle1104 I'm a worrier too! Hang in there, you are right, God is in control!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
WOW!!! EVERYONE DID GREAT ON THE CHALLENGE!!

Results as of last night, if anyone has not posted their final weight it is still not too late

65 of us started and we lost a total of 865.1 lbs in the 6 weeks!!! Isn't that amazing!!!

20% of us met or exceeded the Challenge
17% lost 16 - 19 lbs
22% lost 10 -15 lbs
38% lost 1- 10 lbs

I am so proud of everyone!!!!
What awesome results...Thank you again for organizing this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Good mornign!

Real quick post! Iam in ONEderland!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk soon!

Candace.. I am at work!
Woo Hoo!!! congrats!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #35  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Wow this is amazing...I weigh in tomorrow for my 3rd weigh in and i'm nervous but excited...I have already dropped a size...
I started at 239.5 and right now I'm at 221..so tomorrow's weigh in is very exciting for me... some days its not easy..like when you walk into Sams and they're pimping al the samples...i got out of there quick...
But I went to a big wedding and took my own stuff..so far so good...
Good for you girl! You stay strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Good morning IP friends. It is a beautiful day in WV! I have the day off and plan to enjoy it.
I have been having some setbacks and hope to re-focus. My mom and dad are not well and I have been worrying a lot about them and some other personal "stuff."
I plan on remembering that God is in control and that He will take care of my family. I just seem to have the type of personality that worries a lot and I seem to get stressed easily.
I hope that everyone enjoys this day!
tle
I know how much stress can interfere with weight loss. I'm the type that internalizes it and can't sleep. no sleep = no weight loss = no good! I like yoga a lot! It helps with the stress and sleeping. I haven't done any for the past 3 weeks and I feel it calling to me. lets try to not focus on what we can't change together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Good mornign!

Real quick post! Iam in ONEderland!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk soon!

Candace.. I am at work!
YAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post

And on a note to self today..."don't drink the water..don't lose weight"...

Have a great IP day and Calgarygirlie welcome back. Your strength is an ispiratation. ((hugs))

Cie
Oooh - I so needed to be reminded of that! I'm getting more water right now!

I saw a new doctor today. she confirmed that all the fat loss is what shifted my hormones and caused an irregular period. So you all were right - its a good thing!

I've read a lot of your posts and recipes and I'm wondering if maybe I'm a lot more sensitive to carbs and sugar alcohol than some of you. For one thing, I didn't lose weight on 2 years of the Atkins diet. Whenever I have an Atkins candy bar on the IP program my weight loss stalls even though it was only like 2 net carbs. I've also noticed that the IP program nutrition labels don't say anything about "net carbs." I wonder if they don't factor in the sugar alcohol or fiber in the carb allotment. Which is probably just as good since my body seems to not be on board with the whole subtracting principle anyway. what do you think?
Old 11-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

NSV - Someone at work finally noticed!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #37  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

EatAnts, thank you for an incredible recap! It's always fun to see how you put things...

So, my local Cash & Carry has a huge selection of SF coffee syrups and I picked up toffee and hazelnut the other day. I put the toffee in my oatmeal this morning and it was wonderful! I might have to go back and get the brown sugar & cinnamon syrup - I bet it's yummy!

All this talk of snow makes me want to show you this picture - it was taken the week before Christmas 2008. We got 4 feet of snow in 2 days (completely abnormal for us). I don't think it stopped snowing for 3 weeks! The snow was up to my hips!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1698.jpg (19.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Mrs Diettrich; 11-02-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #38  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
EatAnts, thank you for an incredible recap! It's always fun to see how you put things...

So, my local Cash & Carry has a huge selection of SF coffee syrups and I picked up toffee and hazelnut the other day. I put the toffee in my oatmeal this morning and it was wonderful! I might have to go back and get the brown sugar & cinnamon syrup - I bet it's yummy!

All this talk of snow makes me want to show you this picture - it was taken the week before Christmas 2008. We got 4 feet of snow in 2 days (completely abnormal for us). I don't think it stopped snowing for 3 weeks! The snow was up to my hips!
Hello. Regarding the SF syrups...don't forget to check the carb and the fat counts. I spend forever at the store anymore just looking at all of the nutrition labels and a lot of the SF products still contain carbs and/or fat. Just a heads up on that.

I REALLY like the WF caramel syrup. Tastes awesome in coffee. The chocolate is just as good in coffee and I like that in the early evening as my treat. The pancake syrup is really good in the oatmeal. I placed another order with WF and just received the peanut butter and 2 different fruit spreads. I'm looking forward to making the crepe "crackers" so that I can have a special treat after dinner.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 176/156/140

Height: 5'3"

So, here I am sitting in the staff room at a school where I work surrounded by chips and jujubes (one of my weaknesses!). And the thoughts going through my head are "maybe if I just lick one jujube" or "maybe I could just put my teeth in it and not actually eat it" :-) But I'm NOT doing any of that, just resisting.

"Be strong" I have to tell myself. I can do this!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #40  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Hello. Regarding the SF syrups...don't forget to check the carb and the fat counts. I spend forever at the store anymore just looking at all of the nutrition labels and a lot of the SF products still contain carbs and/or fat. Just a heads up on that.

I REALLY like the WF caramel syrup. Tastes awesome in coffee. The chocolate is just as good in coffee and I like that in the early evening as my treat. The pancake syrup is really good in the oatmeal. I placed another order with WF and just received the peanut butter and 2 different fruit spreads. I'm looking forward to making the crepe "crackers" so that I can have a special treat after dinner.
Thanks for the heads up! The SF Torani syrups I found are 0-0-0, but the SF sauces (chocolate, caramel) are not.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5'0"

Good Afternoon!

I love the recaps!! Sooo much appreciated!! Feelng much better today. My little one too!!! Hopefully no more cough medicine for the week.

Had a great NSV today. C0-workers tellling me i was looking skinny today!! Wooo Hooo!!! It's the little things that count!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockyemom View Post
So, here I am sitting in the staff room at a school where I work surrounded by chips and jujubes (one of my weaknesses!). And the thoughts going through my head are "maybe if I just lick one jujube" or "maybe I could just put my teeth in it and not actually eat it" :-) But I'm NOT doing any of that, just resisting.

"Be strong" I have to tell myself. I can do this!!!

Jujubes, also one of my favorites! And I will admit to doing the "put it in my mouth, but not eat it" thing!

Hockeymon, Be STRONG! You can do it!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
I placed another order with WF and just received the peanut butter and 2 different fruit spreads. I'm looking forward to making the crepe "crackers" so that I can have a special treat after dinner.
Please let me know how the WF peanut butter and fruit spreads taste! I have been hesitant to buy them. But I could really use a little peanut butter!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #44  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

It's a beautiful Election Day here in Iowa, and I've been out door-knocking for the Democratic Party since 9:15 this morning. I stopped home to eat my salad and vegetables and to use the bathroom.

I'm getting lots of exercise today, but not much water. It's too hard to find a bathroom!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Okay,

Official weigh-in at dr's office showed a loss of 7.9 lbs!!! Go me. I find it amazing that I'm not hungry and obsessing about food all the time.
Closed Thread