Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Mon. 1 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-01-2010, 07:10 AM   #2  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default The weekend in review

And what you missed over the weekend....

Hip, Hip, Hooray...Losses and NSVs
  • Rosemary2612 celebrated her benchmark of 1-0-0 pounds lost with a smiley party that everyone participated in
  • Shocked, Cptswife reached the 150s for the first time this decade during her 12th week on IP
  • After last week's 1 lb loss, Clarice41 is down 4 lb this week and her WI isn't until Tuesday.
  • EatAnts (yup, me) welcomed back the 130s into my life for the first time in 8 years
  • After WI#6, xmln3x is down 1.2 lb and .25"
  • Ciebelle announced that according to her BMI she is no longer in the obese category
  • in4life had a BMI victory too moving from extremely obese to obese. Yay for progress.
  • tcswain is down 4.4 lb for a total of 24 down since 9/25...and her NSV? she has collar bones again!
  • What does 30 lb lost smell like? Crystal88 is so close the smell is overwhelming. She is down 1.75 lb after holding steady for a week.
  • ShrinkingSusie's man gave her a gold puzzle ring that didn't fit originally. She tried it on yesterday. Not only did it slip right on, but it is even a tad big

A must watch, especially if you are diabetic, thanks to I'm Svelting (and Linden for pointing it out on the daily chat):
Came across this GREAT presentation about diet, cardiovascular health and body fat. It's a guy giving a talk about how eating carbohydrates keeps us fat, the role of insulin, why the current dietary recommendations are what they are" The speaker apparently covered a lot of the same material in a 2009 full-length (104 min) documentary, Fathead.
The rest of the weekend in a nutshell
  • TennesseeLeigh packed up her veggies and IP packets to hit the Ole Miss/Auburn football game successfully prepared.
  • TravelingStitcher provided BermyGirl some good suggestions for dealing with stress
  • Lots of chatter about IPs newest product, Southwest Cheese Curls. Details: extra tasty, large quantity in the bag, restricted item.
    calories= 160, fat= 4.5g(saturated= .5g), carbs= 15g (fiber= 1g, sugars= 2g), protein= 15g
    One question still remains...are they soy based?
  • Kaarin is hosting a oriental themed dinner party on Friday. She is looking for your advice for an oriental type salad/dressing that falls with in IP restrictions. Also, any good oriental dessert suggestions.
  • Does smelling put on pounds? It sounds like there was a lot of tasty treat baking, not tasting, this weekend by Journeysend and MomPattie. Crystal88 pondered the same question 'til she found IP
  • TennesseeLeigh questioned whether or not she was in ketosis.
  • ketostix get the darker the deeper one is in ketosis
  • Traveling Sticher pointed out that Carla once said that Ketostix are not always accurate due to the amounts of water consumed on IP
  • Crystal88 wants to know if anyone knows the max. carbs allowed per day on IP.
    JessicaCourez's advice is around 30 net carbs (total carbs minus fiber), but everyone is different
  • Jency's scale is moving again. She attributes a lot of her success to keeping inspirational phrases on the wall. She offered to cut out letters for others in vinyl if interested.
  • Mrs. Diettrich went on her first IP roadtrip. She hit a speed bump in the road but is back on track today.
  • Double-check your WF Thousand Island labels. Evidently, not all WF Thousand Island is created equal. Darbs7 bought some that is 40 calories and 4 carbs vs. the normal 0-0-0. Note: There is low fat and calorie free WF...be sure you are using the calorie free.
  • Chili Season brought some pointers on IP chili and some home-made within IP protocol chili
  • ladyvrod planned her IP meals for a long 7:30am-midnight shift tomorrow and was looking for advice/approval from experienced IPers.
  • AmyonIP wanted to verify she wasn't messing anything up by switching her lunch and dinner meals.
  • jency is looking for advice on Braggs Amino Acids
  • And last by not not least...do you weigh your meat before or after cooking. Some IP sheets do not make this clear, others state weigh your meat cooked.

Last edited by EatAnts; 11-01-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

Good morning and Happy Monday - welcome November.. EatAnts I just love reading your morning catch me up... it's like a cheat sheet back in school.. THANK-YOU so much for doing this, its informative and entertaining plus I see I missed a few posts I need to go back and look up LOL
Old 11-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #4  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Good Morning All!
Wow Eats Ants, what a review!!!! I want some of your energy!!!!!

Happy November Everyone!
We had a frost overnight here in Coastal RI..brrr
Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: a:411/306/230 105 lbs lost

Height: 5'11"

Default Ditto EatAnts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenley View Post
Good morning and Happy Monday - welcome November.. EatAnts I just love reading your morning catch me up... it's like a cheat sheet back in school.. THANK-YOU so much for doing this, its informative and entertaining plus I see I missed a few posts I need to go back and look up LOL
Thank you EatAnts! All the links and information in one handy dandy read! Awesome! Make we want to post something just to get my name in your post tomorrow... humm.... what can I say.... How about... Happy November EVERYONE!
Major SCALE victory last week... as I am under 320lbs for the first time in a LONG time...
Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #6  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!! Well, 15 lbs 'til Christmas challenge starts today!! Good luck!!!!! Have a great week!!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #7  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

It's the first day of the Christmas challenge! I am so excited! I really think that challenges help with me staying on track. Renewed my thinking on staying on protocol. Lately I have been missing a few veggies, water, and a taste here and there of no no's. Today I recommitted and had my cofffee with the chocolate drink and had my supplements first thing after waking up.

I had one question on measuring veggies. Sometimes when time is limited, I eat canned spinach. All of it in the can. Is that too much since it is cooked? Two cups of raw spincah is not much. Any thoughts?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Morning Everyone!!

Welcome to November...up here in Manitoba it's very frosty one!!!
EatAnts for your morning updates, it is very much appreciated!

Don't forget to post your starting weight for the 15lbs By Christmas Challenge ,

If you haven't posted your final weight for the 20lbs By Halloween challenge please do so...I will be posting final results later today.

Hope everyone has a great Monday, a even better week and a wonderful November!!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #9  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, aslang!!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Good morning on a coooold New England day! We hit the mid-twenties last night.
I most definitely did not eat 7000 calories yesterday (stayed right on the program) but I was up 2 pounds this morning!!! Great way to start the Holiday Challenge! Maybe my goal should be 17 pounds.

NSVs:
A couple of years ago a friend gave me a beautiful brand new red leather coat - I never admitted to her that I couldn't fit into it. (She lives several states away and we communicate by email and phone almost every day.) Well I tried it on the other day and it fits now. It's gorgeous!

Also my sister gave me an angora sweater a few years ago for Christmas - same story, it was too small, but I never admitted it to her. I pulled it out of the box(still with the tissue) and it looks great!

So without buying any new clothes I have some new ones and am excited about wearing them this winter.

I never bought nicer clothes as I got fatter - went to the outdoor store and stocked up on men's XL t-shirts. I just never believed I was going to be stuck in fat-lady land forever. IP is such a blessing in my life. Nothing else worked! NOTHING!

I will be forever grateful to the person who told my husband about it.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

Good morning all! Excited about the Chrismas challenge! So I am on week 2 and I've lost 10.4 pounds to date. Now my mom and my aunt want to try this out... they are going in next week for there initial consultation. I'm happy to have company in this new lifestyle. Has anyone else had people in there lives follow suit after starting this program or did you guys follow someone else? Just curious.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslang View Post
Thank you EatAnts! All the links and information in one handy dandy read! Awesome! Make we want to post something just to get my name in your post tomorrow... humm.... what can I say.... How about... Happy November EVERYONE!
Major SCALE victory last week... as I am under 320lbs for the first time in a LONG time...
aslang you are doing fabulously ... keep up the great job
Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #13  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone!

It's back to classes for me this week, preparing for travel and making sure those at home will be taken care of, but my morning is off to a good start so far!

I hope each of you have a great week and lots of weight loss and NSVs!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellio View Post
Good morning all! Excited about the Chrismas challenge! So I am on week 2 and I've lost 10.4 pounds to date. Now my mom and my aunt want to try this out... they are going in next week for there initial consultation. I'm happy to have company in this new lifestyle. Has anyone else had people in there lives follow suit after starting this program or did you guys follow someone else? Just curious.
joellio on the great lose, you are off to a wonderful start!!
So nice that you have inspired your Mom & Aunt to join you, I too have people asking me how I got to look so great (compliments are so nice ), My daughter & I joined the same time (she is now in Phase 4) and between the 2 of us we have many relatives and friends joining with us in the IP lifestyle.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning all!! Well, 15 lbs 'til Christmas challenge starts today!! Good luck!!!!! Have a great week!!
Good morning everyone...well just finished the Halloween challenge...and made it...woohoo....so excited....
Now here comes Christmas challenge...bring it on baby!!

Last edited by meandmax; 11-01-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Closed Thread